What is your wish list for Metroid Prime 4?

What is your wish list for Metroid Prime 4?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/951740737497919488?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Confined to one planet like MP1 and MP2.

Hire a Western writer if it's a jap team. I can't think of any Japanese games with the style of humor in the pirate logs.

I want it to have an online multiplayer mode that is good enough to be a selling point for the game.

If it's an HD hunters with better controls made by a seperate team then that's acceptable.

Movement and shooting mechanics that are actually fun.

A proper characterized Samus. That's it.

>not developed by retro
why even call it metroid prime?
Are they that insecure about the Metroid license after other M?

Tbh I'd rather have multiple planets to explore rather than a "dark world xdd" mechanic.

Also i enjoyed Phaaze, perhaps a complete alien like region of Phazon in a world.

Nintendo hasn't been good since the GameCube.

I want a Metroid Prime that blows me away like the original did. That's impossible due to the Switch having weak ass hardware.

>Getting mad that Retro isn't making it

No one from Prime 1 even works there anymore. Just a couple of employees that worked on Prime 3 but it was just some art guys.

>make a game for the XBOX
>nobody even remembers it anymore
I bet they regret leaving the studio.

What game?

I honestly don't remember. That's the problem. Something core I think?

Mark Pacini said he can't enjoy the Prime games since he just gets reminded of the ungodly amount of hours he put in so I'm sure their fine with other studios as long as they get paid okay.

Recore, the studio that made it is a bunch of ex-Retro employees including the Prime Trilogy director.

Don't be a rehash of any of the previous games. Don't reuse any bosses from previous games outside of maybe Ridley. If I see Dark Samus or some knockoff again in this game in any form then I'm not touching it.

Tanabe said Dark Samus/Phazon are over and done with.

The complete opposite of 3.

I hope they completely abandon everything from Prime 3. No voiced cutscenes, no AI telling you which way to go, no overlong tutorial, no motion gimmicks, one planet,

Prime 3 wasn't bad but it was definitely a step in the wrong direction.

To be dropped onto a strange world and have to scan everything to learn where to go and what's happening.

Emulating Prime 1 right now. It's good, but the controls man.

>one world
>no narrative telling you where to go like MP3
>Kraid as a boss, everything else should be unique (maybe Ridley)
>prioritize atmosphere over action

When does Prime 1 stop being linear? I just got the Varia suit and I'm in the magmoor caves. So far it's just been a linear path to go through because I don't have some upgrades. Is the entire game going to be like this?

The Trilogy version is the best way to control Prime. In fact, it's actually astonishing just how good the Wii remote is for first-person aiming. It rivals mouse and keyboard.

Yes

Emulating the GC version. Don't have a wiimote and I'd rather experience it as is.

Yes, the Prime games are linear until end game clean up.

all metroid games are linear. Don't know where this non-linear meme comes from.

It's non linear if you sequence break :^)

mouse input

Slightly disappointed. Just got done with SOTN so I expected something more like Super Metroid.
Nah, I'm too far in to want to replay everything I've done so far.

DOOM 4
SYLUX NOT CANON
FED FORCE NOT CANON
OTHER M NOT CANON
FULL VARIA SUIT WITH NO RUNAROUND
SPACE PIRATE DOG FIGHTING, BOARDING
SILENT SAMUS
SCANS - LOGS
ANTEDELUVEAN SUPER PREDATOR BOSSES
MINIMAL VA / SILENT SAMUS / NO "STORY"
VAGUE IMAGERY ON WALLS
ISOLATION - EXPLORATION
LEVEL DESIGN WITH MINIMAL BACKTRACKING
AMBIENT DYNAMIC OST

You need to stop with the expectations. It really ruins fun in life.

Super Metroid is a very linear game, if you think about it. There is a clear order everything is meant to be accomplished, and the level design subtly guides you down that path. Any non-linearity and sequence breaking was not by design, and you are highly unlikely to do things out of the intended order on your first time through unless you know about the tricks ahead of time. The only Metroid game that is non-linear by design is the very first game on NES, where you can do either boss lair in any order you want. In fact, I always do Ridley first in Metroid 1.

Every game I've anticipated for the past 20 years has been an unmitigated disaster and letdown, only new IPs turn out to be good or manage to negotiate the constellation of pitfalls in making, marketing and coming through on a release

There are just too many red flags

>already a fuckton of IP blunders
>switch gimmicky underpowered system
>the demographic has changed, return of samus sold lukewarm, they might just fuck up the brand to sell it to all the kids who actually own this system
>it's just too good to be true

You feel it too, don't you

super metroid is linear. Sequence breaking is not intended behavior. You need to get x to open x, so you always have to go a certain route to progress in the game.

Random enemy spawns so that backtracking isn't just avoiding the same 3 enemies the whole game.

>he wants more chozo ghosts

My main worry is Tanabe. It's like has has some kind of anti-Midas touch recently where everything he gets his hands on turns to shit (with the notable exception of Donkey Kong). If he manages to ruin Prime 4 I will go ballistic.

I would like it to be actually difficult - none of the prime games are hard. The energy tank system needs to be scrapped entirely, it gives too much leeway for taking damage.

I would like the Metroid Prime Trilogy to get ported to Switch but I understand how huge of an undertaking that would be because they'd essentially have to do it all over from scratch.

>teleporters ala Samus Returns but with the ship instead of elevators
>1 beautiful and expansive world similar to the one from Prime 1 with some abandoned Federation outposts similar to Norion from Prime 3
>bounty hunts as side missions that would lend you missiles or energy tanks
>armor upgrade system similar to a skill tree where you can boost your def. str. and dex.
>multiple new beams with the ability to stack them like in Super
>speed booster
>Sylux random encounters similar to the SAX in Fusion
>Federation Force mechs making a cameo with a design similar to pic related
>Hunters-like online multiplayer

metroid prime 1 but new levels

>Recore

looks like an interesting game. was it good?

>One single planet (or ship) as opposed to multiple like in Prime 3 or Hunters

>Story has nothing to do with Phazon or Metroid Prime

>Sylux

>Takes place after Fusion

I don't want it for Prime 4 necessarily (mainly because they really, really need to concentrate on rebuilding goodwill with the fanbase right now), but I'd like to see them try a third person 3D Metroid again at some point, or maybe one where you can seamlessly switch between third person and first person.

linear games are better anyway.

Not him, it was good after the Definitive Edition released.

That despite the Prime name.
and obvious fact its gonna by sylux focused.

Its actually Post fusion set, and has Samus on run wanted be federation

>switch gimmicky underpowered system

who gives a fuck. Prime 1 was a gamecube game and better than most new games that are released.

graphicsfags are like people who enjoy movies shot entirely in front of a green screen.

Go back to

Go back to tumblr

>you will never have Metroid 5

I'm not the one begging for a Prime game to be Metroid 5, fuck off.

For it to come out on a real system and not a Fisher Price Toy.

You probably will. Sakamoto wants to do it.

There's hope, user. Samus Returns hinted at it and Sakamoto seems like he might finally be interested in progressing the series past Fusion.

This is the reason the 2D fanbase don't like you Prime fans, you say shit like this.

>no DLCs
>no amibo support
>no jap developers
that's all I can think of. It will have all of the above, so I might kys myself right now.

Post fusion is Sakamoto territory like it or not. Any game that wants Metroids as a normal enemy has to be pre Metroid 2.

>M-MOAR INTERQUELS PWEESE!

Wanna know how I can tell you're a virgin?

A good Metroid time, very basic stuff mostly.

You know, creepy/unsettling alien world(s), cool new weapons, suit and power ups, cool bosses, Samus not being a quivering vagina who won't shut the fuck up about Adam and the baby.

Im still waiting for that soypepe.

This, prime 1 had the perfect amount of isolation. Prime 2 and 3 are retarded garbage, couldn’t drag myself through either of them. Prime 1 still sucks a big one with the backtracking for those artifacts, but prime 2 and 3 both have that shit plus all the halfass dialogue and exposition

This

Back to soyboi

That's not necessarily true. Sylux stole a Metroid at the end of Fed Force. I don't see how he couldn't hold onto it secretly all throughout Fusion. Could make an interesting macguffin

It's fantastic for this kind of game, though I don't see it working for a lot of FPS games. Prime works because of large enemies and Splatoon works because of generous hitboxes. All console exclusive shooters should take that direction in my opinion instead of just slapping auto-aim on something that's better for keyboard and mouse. I imagine Prime 4 making great use of the gyro controls.

>Repeating your arguments over and over

Interquel virgins, everybody

Butt blasted that Metroid 5 is actually happening, Primefag?

>I want them to reference muh shitty DS character
Are you 12?

Samus to actually have a voice and the game to have audio logs like Bioshock.

Copy the melee counter from Samus Returns.
Add a boss named Narpa, who drops an item named Narpa's Sword, an upgrade to melee counter.

>12 year olds weren't born yet when Prime Hunters came out

Nigga they were teasing Sylux in ending of Prime 3.

And FF, and Tanabe keeps going on about how much he loves Slyux.

Fucking Samus ONLY no fucking extra characters and none of them SPEAKING.

It needs to have MP/MP2 quality from Retro. Multiplayer is acceptable if it's like Echoes (simple)or like Hunters.

KILL ALL SYLUX POSTERS YOU ARE ALL SCUM.

this

>linear is bad

Metroid day one senpai why you trying to change the series to be like BotW?

I want there to be no permanently missable scans. That shit gets my goat big time; has me constantly scanning shit and inspecting rooms like 5 times with anxiety.

I DO MY BEST TO GET EVERYTHING, BUT IF I FINISH WITH 99.9% AND IT'S---OH YEAH IT'S SO FUN TO STOP AND TRY TO SCAN EACH BOSS BEFORE JUST GETTING TO FIGHT IT FUCK YOU!

Stop with the dumb posting, please.

That's not a fact just stupid head-canon retards that want multiple characters in a game that is supposed to be about ISOLATION.

literally everything this guy said is absolutely correct

Nintendo just needs to turn Metroid in a cinematic, immersive adventure game with more focus on combat less on rolling
this guy gets it twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/951740737497919488?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I hope it's the start of a new Prime trilogy rather than a continuation of the first trilogy. The first Prime trilogy wrapped everything up very nicely and works as its own story arc. I want to see Prime 4 be the start of something new.

Maybe they can retroactively call Prime 1 - 3 the "Phazon Trilogy".

It's been confirmed not to use phazon.

- gloomy setting, one planet, interesting biomes to explore
- nobody contacts samus during the game (looking at you prime 3) maybe a distress signal at the beginning but that's it
- don't really care about Sylux, would prefer not to have him in the game (especially not as a final Boss)
- New power-ups (armors, beams etc..)

Sylux is actually Samus's long lost brother.

Samuel Aran.

fuck off my dude with that fanfiction tier bullshit

I HOPE IT HAS SOY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>from Retro

NO ONE FROM PRIME 1 WORKS THERE ANYMORE.

>Butt blasted you're getting another game, Primefag?
no?

Loot boxes

I am legit worried it'll be bad, the prime trilogy are my favourite games period and I am worried it won't live up to my hype. Being made by a different team does not help

Why do people think Prime fans and 2D Metroid fans are in competition with one another? I love both.

feminism

Gimme

800 upgrades scattered everywhere and rewarding you for doing literally anything with a 5 second pause every time you pick one up

Wrong, Sylux is a cute girl just like Samus.

Sylux is an ex-federation scientist that was forced to undergo dangerous scientific tests and experiments the Galactic Federation was preforming in an attempt to replicate and eventually militarize Samus' Chozo Power Suit, without her knowlege.

While trying to reverse engineer the power suits ability to materialize at the wearers will, the experiment went horribly wrong, fusing Doctor Sylux and the prototype power suit into one being. Sylux's body is not trapped inside the suit, but instead his soul, mind, and consciousness is. He can no longer sleep, eat, breathe, or even feel touch.

From this point forward he swore vengeance against the Galactic Federation, and as an extent, Samus, who he assumed was fully aware of the situation, but despised her for continuing to work with the Federation anyway.

Jumpcut to post-fusion. Sylux, being a bounty hunter, notices a bounty on the galaxy-known Samus Aran on account of grand arson against the Federation. He decides to track her down and confront her before the Federation, or worse, another bounty hunter can.

Will he team up with his nemesis to take down the corrupt government once and for all? Or will he hunt her down to cash the bounty for himself?

Find out in Metroid Prime 4

I said Retro MP1 quality