Dragon Quest Thread

Are you guys enjoying the Builders demo? Are you going to get 1 or just wait for 2 to come out?

Also when the fuck is DQXI getting localized?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nSJKYNZUdM
youtube.com/watch?v=euG4FL3QjpM
youtube.com/watch?v=4ftHtl-DB-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't this just Japanese Minecraft?

VI>V=IV>IX>VII>VIII>III>I>II
Post your opinions.
Remember, no bullying.

Had a laundry list of problems with the first game but it had some sick potential. Excited to see if they're fixed in DQB2 but I bet they aren't.

DQXI in 2018 so they say.

Rocket Slime > DQ8 > Builders
that's all i've played

>Someone else rates VI high

Hell yeah dude. I don't agree much with the rest but VI deserves more love.

III>VI>IV>VII>IX>V>II>I And I haven't beaten VIII yet.

It's more like a 3D Terraria.

I feel like people never give VI much of a chance after playing IV with it's chapter system and V with the growing up throughout the game system.

Finished builders. Will get 2 on switch depending on fps.

XI will be out this year.

Terraria is just 2D Minecraft.

Minecraft with an actual story

Finished Builders on rpcs3, totally playable.
Just started VII on citra, runs very well too.

Is Builders as good as the demo made it seem?

t. someone who has never played terraria

The other chapters follow the same formula. Build up a settlement from nothing. I like the last chapter the best.

It's pretty good, but the story chapters are really short and the free adventure mode thing isn't that fun since no multiplayer imo

Take the demo and do that exact same thing for 40 hours.

That's the entire game.

I had a lot of fun with the demo....

Honestly sounds promising

I will wait for 2. Already played 1 on my PSTV a long time ago, it's not good enough to revisit.

getting it soon.
but, i have to go for a bit. i'll be back in awhile

GIVE ME THAT SEQUEL JAPAN

comfy

I have enjoyed the demo so far, might pick up the game if it's on offer somewhere.
Ashamed to say I've never played a Dragon Quest game before. My dad visited Japan years ago and bought me some Dragon Quest gacha cubes though, he never knew what they were but I recognised the Slime guy. Anyway, if I were to play one DQ game, what would you guys recommend? I think they're on 3DS, right?

DQV

DQV DS remake and DQIII SNES translation patch

what others have said
or if you like the idea of a more modern III with lots of post game like a singleplayer mmo IX

Thanks my dudes. I will look into V.

III is more about making your own party and exploring the world, while DQV is more about a linear story with pre-made characters. Both are considered the best in the series for different reasons, it just depends on how you like your JRPGs.

Barebones action rpg, does building worse than minecraft. yep I played it. hard pass

>Also when the fuck is DQXI getting localized?
They got a lot of translating to do and then re-translating into cockney to do.

How hard would it be to play XI if I'm learning japanese?

>100 hours
nice

Not bad. It has furigana and the hardest part I found was trying to figure out what the katakana names were trying to sound out to. Grab a dictionary or kanjitomo and have at it. I would say 8 hours of that play time is my poor reading comprehension in Japanese.

The demo is shit, so if you like it you'll probably really like the game.

I didn't even bother doing all the side quests either. They end up just being kill **** with the combo attack **** or fetch quests. Killed all the bosses though. I do like how they did the post game stuff.

>tfw your armor breaks off for the first time

Also any info on when builders 2 is coming out?

>you can make any block into a slope
I never thought I'd find something like this so magical.

V > IV > VI > III > RO > I > II > TCW > VII >>>>>> VIII

Martina is a good girl, you jerk.

Sorry m8, she's just a cock sleeve for monsters.

I own Builders on the Vita. There is no reason for me to get it on the Switch (expect for some better graphics). I'm waiting for Builders 2 with the sweet CoOp mode.

What's postgame like? IX?

IV=V>VIII>IX>VII

4 Had the best party, 5 had the best story. 5 get some minus points for the lack of party members and mostly having mute monsters, still fantastic though.
I want to like VII more, but it just drags out for so long, and visiting every place twice, while different gets a tad tedous as well.
I have yet to play 1-3 and 6.

Normal games, after the credits role the super secret dungeon opens up. In DQ11, after the credits roll and you load up your save, another calamity occurs and all the optional bosses are you trying to save the world again. It's like another 30 hours of story.

I've already played this on Vita, I don't understand why people are so hype for Builders 1...

could you see the game engine etc as a possible template for future games? sort of like how IV-VI all look and play similar on DS

11 is a lot like 9. The only real difference is instead of having access to all the weapons and skills, each person has their own skill tree.

I learned Hiragana and Katakana, should I focus on grammar or kanji now?

what game would you say the story is most like in terms of depth?

Grammar and word definitions. Kanji should come last because it's the hardest.

I hope multiplayer online is decent might be fun making towns with other guys

Already bought 1 on PS4, going to skip it on Switch.
Might buy 2 on both, or maybe just PS4. Not sure yet.
VII>V>VIII>III>IV>VI>I>IX>II

Did I go back in time? Or is there a demo for the switch version out or something?

Unless the switch version has new content I'll just wait for 2. They claimed XI would come out in 2018 so I'm expecting december at best.

It's pretty story heavy. It's also pretty dark. Especially in the second third.

thanks user, looking forward to it

>Finished Builders on rpcs3, totally playable
t. billy bullshitter

Because Nintendobabs haven't played it yet.

>Are you going to get 1 or just wait for 2 to come out?
Played 1 on the Vita. Will wait for 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=3nSJKYNZUdM
kek

Do we know the release date of 2 and all of the new features?

No date but it has Wind gliding, Swimming, Multiplayer, and you can make waterfalls from what I've seen of the stream on youtube

Link/webm please?

youtube.com/watch?v=euG4FL3QjpM
youtube.com/watch?v=4ftHtl-DB-s

>keep hearing that ps3 emu wont be cracked for decades because of its "cell" processor
>now demons souls, this and probably others are fully playable

what was the major breakthrough in ps3 emulation? someone who knew what they were doing?

I guess it was patreon

>Get can get Great Sabercub to follow you around
GOTY

I didn't really like the demo. You are thrown into this world where you are the chosen one of builders but have to do mini-requests to start unlocking basic shit like doors or beds, instead of letting you free and discover all those things own your own. Plus the controls and blocks-placing wasn't very good either. If a sequel is coming and it fixes those things plus more added content then I might get that in the future, but as of now nah.

the actual game has a story and you do discover

Is there a sequel to this coming out? Game was really fun. Definitely should have had a transparent roof option though, no idea how they let that slip by.

>this pic again
I don't quite see the point. Are you new to Dragon Quest? We aren't. We know what a Dragon Quest game is, we know it has a lot of text and long hours.

"Learning Japanese" is VERY vague user.

Read the thread.

>I don't quite see the point. Are you new to Dragon Quest? We aren't. We know what a Dragon Quest game is, we know it has a lot of text and long hours.

Then why is every thread filled with
>where's dq11
If you already know it's going to take a full year to just translate quit fucking asking like you're ignorant of the fact.

I can play the game whenever I want. The reason other people are upset is because they were promised news and SE broke that promise. Twice. Now of course they are upset.
Nobody is expecting the game to be out this week, they are just pissed SE fucked up/is acting like they don't give a fuck.

Just because I'm already playing the game it doesn't mean I'm incapable of putting myself in their place. It's a basic human skill.

>promised
Nothing was promised. They may have said they'll have some news. Then realized there was no news because they are still in first draft translation.
>Just because I'm already playing the game it doesn't mean I'm incapable of putting myself in their place.
Yet clearly you're the one who is the most upset about no english dq11.

Relax.

Telling fans via an official social media channel "we will have more news for you at this time" is as good as a promise. Letting that time pass by without any more communication, even to say "no news yet", is PR failure and understandably frustrating.

>Nothing was promised.
You can call it anything, the fact is they said they would and they didn't. Twice. People have a right to be upset.

>Yet clearly you're the one who is the most upset about no english dq11.
Not even close. I'm just explaining why people are upset and why I don't "quite see the point" of you telling us that the game has a lot of text. If you want to insist on this particular line of thought then I can always go fetch a picture from my game or something.

I didn't like how VI was all about tripping flags and it was very easy to get stuck, I also didn't care for the DQM pandering.

>didn't care for all the DQM pandering
It's a shame for the people who didnt like it. It played right to my tune. I have such extreme nostalgia for DQM, it made VI even sweeter for me. I agree with your complaints about it being easy to get stuck in VI though.

I'm thinking about getting Builders soon for the Ps3 and I was wondering what the differences between the Ps3 and Ps4 versions were. Anything content related?

Content is the same. PS4 version just looks and runs better.

Basically this. Just higher res and framerate, if you can get the PS4 version instead do so.

Try the Demos.

Alright thanks. I can't get the Ps4 version, sadly. I'll do with the inferior version.

Is that really 2? Looks just like 1 pretty much.

V>III>X>VIII>VII>VI>IV>IX>I>II

What do you have against 7?

>XI will be out this year.
He doesn't know.

It's an early build, but I'm sure the final product will end up looking a lot like 1. 1 doesn't need a visual upgrade, just new features, QOL improvements, and more story chapters.

What does he not know?

I'm hoping for switch releases for the series. I'm kinda torn on builders cause I never finished it on PS4 but I'm tempted to double dip for switch

Is there a demo of the second game?

Why would you need one? Minecraft is Minecraft is Minecraft is Minecraft.

No. Second game is still in production.

What happened to the guy saying he'd make a thread with that pic every day until localization news? Did he already fail?

Wait there's a demo?

Yes, on every system it's been released on. Some anons have said the Switch demo is a pain to find because Nintendo organizes them stupidly. I think you need to search for "games with demos" specifically to find it.

Sup Forums Doesn't give a fuck about DQ so it archives quickly.

does dragon quest builders have a random map mode or is it always the same map?

>tfw I bought this on VITA
Pretty comfy to play in bed. I had no idea it sold well enough to warrant a sequel, though.