Opinion on Split/Second?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z3Poojs_4w
youtube.com/watch?v=okAeis_Pdgw
youtube.com/watch?v=IH7vak0XgnA
youtube.com/watch?v=u6weOE7CRhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was fun as shit

Really loved it but there's not much to talk about. I don't know why this didn't sell too well, because it deserved to become a series.

It has rubber banding AI, therefore, it is absolute fucking garbage.

Blur was great though.

i wish they made more of these games
shame its a disney ip.

>Blur was great
Sequel when?

Most of the drivers in the game are rich faggots who don't know how to drive and just show off.

Well who needs a sequel when you can play a candy crush knock off with emojis.

Can we appreciate the car design in it?

The best car designs since Burnout and Motorstorm.

It was going to have a sequel, but Disney went full mobile jew and killed all their game dev studios.

S/S was unironically the best racing game of last gen. No RPG bullshit, no realistic shit, no ricer shit. Just pure action and eye candy

It had a lot of great ideas - the HUD, achivements as stickers on your car, the whole powerplay system, cars divided into three categories that kinda play on the rock-paper-scissors rules, dynamic OST that wasn't just a bunch of popular pop-trash songs, the TV show aesthetics and so on...

Sadly - it was pretty short and there wasn't much to do after finishing the whole campaign, and it came out around the same time as Blur. They may seem like really similar games at the first glance, but for me Split/Second is way closer to that Burnout 3 spirit.

And i don't think we're gonna get a sequel anytime soon since Black Rock studios died few years ago.

They had a working prototype though
youtube.com/watch?v=-Z3Poojs_4w
and god damn it - i wanna race around this track...

>ywn blow up that dam for the first time again on the last lap just as the song reaches it's climax...

Isn't Split/Second for normies because of the tv setting and normies watch tv?

everyone watches tv shows, normies just watch it on an actual tv and pay for it.

Well atleast we can kill other normie drivers and blow up Starbucks and shit.

>get two top-notch arcade racers close together
>both flop
It should've been a feast, a rebirth of the genre!

And Modnation racers which is more of a kart racer tho.

Surprisingly one of the few best racing games I've every played. I had so much fun blowing up players. It's a shame we'll probaly never see a sequel. It was a good game

F
youtube.com/watch?v=okAeis_Pdgw

Say what you want about rubberbanding - i think that it actually works well in this game.
I mean - it really needed it considering how much shit you can drop on other cars, and how much it can change the track itself.

And it led to one of my favorite moments when i went from 2nd place to 1st by dropping that last explosive on the last corner on a last lap of the last elite race.

If there is a sequel I hope they have a AE86 in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IH7vak0XgnA

S/S is /ourgame/. So much polish was put into the gameplay and music but it got overshadowed by Blur and Burnout Paradise

We should give Split/Second to the Pope or some other important person If we want it to get attention.

Is it just me, or is Split Second a racing game with the tightest collision boxes?
I can't think of a single physics object or power play that felt "off".

youtube.com/watch?v=u6weOE7CRhc

>page 9
Well, that was a fun thread while it lasted.
I'm glad to see that someone even remembers this game.

Is it any good on PC? I bought it on the 360 years ago, almost finished it, but stopped for some reason. Don't really want to set up the old thing for a single game as well.

It works well, but keep in mind that the game is locked at 30 fps.
There's a way to unlock the framerate, but i think it screws up the timing of some things like power plays, though i'm not 100% sure.

of it wasnt rubber band you would literaly never have a chance of using race money

Ah, 30 FPS isn't much of an issue, so long as it's stable (I remember the 360 having some real shit drops when the bigger set-pieces went off). Good to hear it's not shit then, I'll have to pick it up.

Played it with a couple of friends at our then-yearly LAN party once, without any of us really knowing much about it ("it's like a racing game where you can mess with the level to fuck with other racers or something, I dunno"). We had shittons of fun. LAN party after that we played it again but it had lost its magic of everything being new and holy shit what the fuck just happened like the first time.

7/10

>yfw the first time the plane came crashing down tio earth in front of you

Best racing game ive ever played

Weeb

Super car fanboy.

i honestly prefer rubberbanding than me wipping the competition
thats why i can't find any enjoyment in fzero anymore

Played a review copy of S/S and just wasn't terribly wowed by it. I mean it wasn't awful, but a 7/10 at best that did several things solidly, but nothing really stood out. Haven't reinstalled it in the years since I first played it.

Why is FNAF and Zander popular but not this?

What the heck is zander?

Crap ment to say undertale but damn ducking auto correct

rubberbanding is necessary in this game because of how overpowered powerplays are

>Split/Second
But that game is clearly called Split>>Second.