How come everyone posts 1080p screenshots? is it still 1999?

how come everyone posts 1080p screenshots? is it still 1999?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtRnc4IUQt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some people don't line playing their games at 20 FPS.

People prioritize 144hz before increasing resolution for PC gaming.

No matter the resolution you're still playing an awful game.

>chromatic aberration
you disgust me

people are commie poors unfortunately

I don't really care about resolution. I still play in 720 mostly. As long as I have decent frames idgaf about anything else.

>not buying a 4k monitor to make screenshots in 4k but play at 1440p

Is that Quantum Break? Is an Alan Wake game?

You still need 500€ gpu to run 60fps at 1440p, and what the fuck do you need 4k screenshots for?

You don't need a 4k monitor to take 4k screenshots.

Hitting 60 fps on modern trip A games at 1080p is reasonable with a modern midrange computer. But even going up to 1440p often means less gfx options turned on or lower fps.
That right there means that since I have a 1070, there's no reason for me to go for higher than 1080p monitor at this time. The tradeoff isn't worth it. That's not even considering that my current monitor is 144Hz.

I've been trying to dumb myself down by playing a lot of PS4 and it's partially working but everytime I sit on front of my PC my expectations go back up. Can't help it. Can't play a 30 fps game on PC.

>gay ass downsampling
lamao kys poorfag

stop being poor

no its better than alan wake

toaster detected

>DURRR CANT GET 60FPS AT 4k!!

pic related, 4k, ultra settings and 8x msaa. turn it to 2 or 4 and youll have 60fps locked

>Driving game
Uh huh.

I have a 1070 and run every game I play at max with well over 60fps

only an i5 4690k to boot

and having 1440p/144hz is a godsend for older games

What GPU?

My biggest problem with 4K isn't even the GPU cost. It's the damned monitor costing more than the actual computer.

gtx 1080 ti is the ONLY card for 4k monitors.

>and what the fuck do you need 4k screenshots for?
What the fuck do you need 1080p screenshots for?

The normal 1080 is good enough but not for high ultra settings.

I just use it for 1440p/75fps tho.

??? its not a track racer but a big ass open world u niggerdicksucker

This.

I have a 1070 with an i5 6600k clocked at 4.5.

My monitor is a 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. I max out every game and never drop below 60. Usually 100+

1080p is the new 720p

my 4k monitor was 220 bux during black friday

My eyes can't see more resolution than 1080p.

If you play at 1440p on a 4k monitor, you get a blurry ass image, dumbass. You are an idiot who wasted his money just for a few seconds of 4k.

I play FFXIV with a bunch of Reshade stuff at 1080p but cant get over 90fps average with a 7600k @ 4.7 and a 1080.

I also play at windowed borderless mode obv.

>kys poorfag
you've literally admitted to owning a 4k monitor and not owning a powerful enough GPU to drive it so you play in 1440p, you should follow your own advice.

You can do ultra settings 1440p gaming on an $800 computer these days user.

I don't. As I always said, the HD fad broke what I was perfectly satisfied of, to give me what I don't give a shit about, all so that hardware manufacturers could sell the same shit again to the same people.

Well games made before 2014 usually run at 120fps ish at 1080p, but around there is where the cutoff usually is. I can't even get 24/7 60fps in Wildlands at 1080p even after tinkering with gfx settings a lot. NieRA was using like up to 92% of my GPU at 1080p too.
Can't remember how Rise of the Tomb Raider worked but I'm thinking I wasn't able to crank GFX on full in that game either. Could be wrong though.

i play all games native 4k at highest settings possible. theres not a single game where it drops below 30. kys. stay mad poorfag

I play FF14 too. Why do you play windowed? I play full screen in 1440p ultra settings with 100+ fps.

this. I did downsample most games, but till i shill out for a top kek monitor. I OC my monitor to 75hz and enjoy everything at 1080p/75fps. it's comfy.

I had a vg248 or w/e a couples years ago, but the colors were ass. high refresh is great.

>drops below 30.
lol.

>dropping below 60
disgusting
>we wuz
you know the answer

>1440p
fucking kek poorfag

Because its an mmo, I alt-tab a lot while waiting for other stuff.

If I didn't had ReShade I can easily hit 150+ fps with the maximum preset at 1440p, but the game looks so washed out, I even used the old sweetfx with my previous laptop with a 740m.

>he didn't buy a good video card a couple of years ago when the prices were low

Are you sure?

user, it took some good 10 years for 1080p to get to this level, it obviously not going away anytime soon, also, people are more prone to buy top end 1080p monitors over making the jump to 2k/4k

Graphics whores are a blight.

>1080p cuck has to take what i said out of context

30fps is unironically fine in third person games where u dont need fast reaction time. i take 4k/30 over an aliased mess

also theres shit that runs at 4k60 too like rainbow six and forza horizon 3 so keep crying niggerfaggot

>no its better than alan wake
Absolutely fucking not. The story was shit and poorly paced, ended terribly, and the tv show segments added nothing to the game. The gunplay was arguably better but even that was paced terribly with the amount of walking around doing nothing you do between battles.

Worrisome figures. The migration to higher resolutions have pretty much stopped entirely. Lack of affordable GPUs for higher resolutions coupled with expensive monitors killed it for most people.

>having a 2+ year old GPU
please go back to your favela

I'm sorry but since I got my new build with a 1080, playing anything below 60 feels horrible.

I wonder the people who plays at 144fps or something similar while playing at 60.

Also, with 1440p and some 4xmsaa its enough to get rid of jaggies in like 98% of the current games.

Is 144hz even worth it if you can't hit 144 fps? Does it have any advantages over 60hz even if you're just going to be at 60 fps?

>i take 4k/30 over an aliased mess
once again admitting to owning a 4k monitor with a shit GPU. everyone knows at the end of the day you're not satisfied with what you own so you have to try to make yourself feel better by posting 4k screenshots running at sub 20fps on Sup Forums.

I could've bought a 27'' 1440p monitor but opted for a 29'' 21:9 1080p instead, it was just $230 bucks, couldn't resist

where
im not noticing it

no

>tfw 1999 was 50 years ago

>the GAME was worse because the story was bad

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
also running around and doing nothing inbetween the same ass repetitive battles was in Alan Wake too, but now you got bullet time instead of a stupid flashlight

human eyes can see past 1080p

I'm getting 50fps in Asscreed origins, 4k maxed out. stay mad poorfag dogfucker

OP post speccy

>50fps

>not even 60 fps
stop speaking you shiteating poorfag and go back to slaving @ your minimum wage job for your jewish overlord

>aliased mess
Do you even understand how aliasing works? It depends upon pixel density, not pixel count. A big ass 4k screen isn't going to make it less aliased than a smaller screen at 1080p.

>1080plet calling anyone a poorfag

LMAO

ok have fun playing on yor 5 inch 1080p monitor XD

Post speccy

What's the pixel density of your monitor?

>HURR MUH PIXEL DENSITY
go play 480p games on switch lol

720p

you sound like a loser. so you come to an anonymous image board to try and act all high and mighty so you dont kill yourself

>50fps
Jesus graphics fags are definitely the worse. This is the kind of people I guess they spam master race memes all the time

yeah when its docked LOL

if i want 60fps i can simply turn down shadow resolution a bit. but i prefer to play the game fully maxed out. stay mad cuck.

>when its docked
It's 1080 docked

>willingly making the time before upgrading GPU shorter
how retarded can you get? my philosophy is this. by the time my 1070 won't be able to run 1080p and I'm still playing video games, I'm killing myself

Not mainstream enough and it's still too demanding for what it is. 1080p can be done with little effort these days and you can get fantastic performance along with a good picture and it doesn't cost a shit load to do so until 4K can offer the same I'm staying 1080p.

nigger rocket league is 720p docked and 526p in portable mode. GO KYS

I'm not mad, its actually very funny how you can play at 50fps and I bet thats not even the average in combat or in highly congested areas.

That's pretty pathethic and I bet you don't even have a 1070ti, considering you're more like a sonyfag who is happy playing horizon zero awards at 1080p/30fps.

Pixel density determines image quality, dumbass. It's ironic that you are laughing at others, when you are playing a blurry mess since your monitor has to upscale 1440p to 4k.

>gtx 1070
>4k
You fucked up big time. That card is meant for 1080p.

thats funny because Horizon actually is close to being 4k. consoles have better graphics than your pc now lol

if you look at the image 4K and 1440p adoption is going up while 1080p is going down

>going foir the 4k meme
>have to have better PC and it cost more
>while I sit here with 60 fps/1080p
You don't miss what you never had. I'm not wasting money on some more pixel I don't need nor want.

baka, get a 1080Ti so you can play 4K without compromising on performance.

literally having no problems right here nigger.

>unironically defending 526p
yeah rocket league looks sooo good on switch...

>consoles have better graphics than your pc now lol
>have a 7700k at 4,8GHz and a 1080 OC'ed

Yeah sure, tell me when a console can run ONE GAME at 1440, ultra details with no aliasing and constant 60fps

Not even the fucking Dark Souls Remaster can run at 4k natively at 60fps and that game is like 7 years old.

ill wait for 1170 lol tis are a waste of money

also forgot to add, nope: im playing at native 4k.

>1440p looks blurry on 4k screen, always go native

>ill wait for 1170 lol tis are a waste of money
t. dielet

I play at 4K60 so the 1080Ti has been completely worth the asking price compared to what's currently available. I had a 1070 and it was just too weak.

forza 7 literally is 4k/60 with ultra settings on xbox

get fucked 1080plet

>Need a good GPU, a monitor and a game that supports 4K running at 60FPS
It's a meme for now, and too situational. Not even all modern games on pc support 4K and pc is the place with the horse power to make it a reality. I'm sure in the next five years it will be more common place but there's no fucking reason to jump the shark right now.

>spending $1300 now when the new cards will be $500

I don't even have a switch. I have a 1070 too but I am not stupid enough to play on resolutions that the card cannot handle.

>forza 7 literally is 4k/60 with ultra settings on xbox
>a fucking racing game
Yeah I can run it at 4k/144fps as well, yeah, I'll give you that

it obviously can.

I would rather have a solid 60/120 fps with no drops, rather than 20-25

im waiting for tax refund to come in so i can deciode between 1440p and 144hz or 4k and 60 hz

>implying 1080p was even possible in 1999

Also I feel like anything over 1080p is just rich people bragging.

>rather than 20-25

havent played a single game where this happens.

basically the same argument consolecucks use when they say >I-I-I DONT WANT A PC ANYWAY, COSTS 500GAZILLION DOLLARYDOOS

1440p 144hz gsync 27" is the ultimate gaming monitor specs right now.
I dont see any reason to go 4k 60 fps for gaming.

youtube.com/watch?v=NtRnc4IUQt0
It takes a 2x1080ti setup to have a constant 60fps in modern games.
You are the one who is sacrificing framerate and graphics effects for higher resolutions, which is literally what ps4 and xbox do.

Tell me what to buy because I can't think for myself.

the 1080Ti was $700 when I got it, easily worth that price