Now that the dust has settled, what's the Sup Forumserdict?

Now that the dust has settled, what's the Sup Forumserdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pim1s_DBR64
youtube.com/watch?v=7VGuWDQBXrU
youtube.com/watch?v=6zZXFM9vjUg
youtube.com/watch?v=z_V3YmbOxFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A really fun Metroid game. It manages to make Samus bad ass again making up for her portrayal in other M while also creating a great sequel hook. All the new gameplay additions were great and anyone who says otherwise hasn't played the game. A fantastic remake of Metroid 2

how does metroid curl into a ball without crushing his nuts?

It added some things that I hope Samus never loses again. 360 aiming feels so good after you get used to it. Aeion abilities were okay and expand Samus's toys. I REALLY missed the Speed Booster though.

Parry mechanic was forced a bit too much since you either had to mash your blaster/missiles, or parry->one-shot for a good chunk of the game. I'd have preferred a healthier balance.

Specific bosses had too much downtime between weak points appearing as well. Too many pointless cases of backtracking to an older location once you got something near the end of the game for 100% sake.

So what's the play order for Metroid now?

SM > AM2R > Fusion > Samus Returns > ZM > Metroid > Metroid 2 > Prime games

ZM>SR>SM>Fusion and the prime games

cheers bruv

Fun game adding new mechanics to make it feel fresh and interesting. Only bad thing about it is the repetitive boss fights spread throughout the game.

Fun/10

It was good shit.
Its sales make me afraid they might shelf it again.

>Gameplay is great, Samus controls fantastically.
>New mechanics are mixed. 360 aiming is fantastic, melee counter was good in some situation (like in the later Metroid fights) but not so great in others (like in the early game, where stopping and waiting to counter just about every enemy is the most efficient way of dealing with absolutely everything).
>Aeion powers are all fairly boring aside from Phase Drift, which was underutilised.
>Metroid boss fights are fun in a vacuum, but it's still tedious to fight so many of the same boss, mainly the Gamma Metroids. Would've appreciated a couple more brand new bosses, or more varied Metroid fights.
>Redesigning the individual areas to be more open, but still having the game progress in a linear fashion was about as good as it could be considering the linearity of the original game.
>Looks mediocre with 3D off, looks incredible with 3D on. Also very nice to see the Prime aesthetic again.
>Music was solid, but almost all of the memorable tracks were recycled from Super Metroid. Also I'm pissed they replaced the Metroid Queen theme.
Overall, it's a good game. Not the best in the series by a long shot, but far from the worst (but if they take note of most of this games issues then the next game very well could be the best in the series).

Because it sold well we're getting Metroid Dread (Metroid 5) for the Switch.

It was ok. Overall complaints were the slower pacing, the generally mediocre soundtrack, melee counter was garbage, not enough non-Metroid bosses, very poor enemy variety, and overall situational use of the aeon powers. Also some fucking baffling design choices like the Metroids that move from room to room. Once they start moving you can't damage them anymore so they always escape, and it's just a fucking chore, literally why was this a thing. Diggernaut was fun, but quickly becomes annoying and tedious after several attempts. Fucking up the Queen theme is unforgivable. The overall difficulty being higher I do appreciate, and the 360 aim is great. I'd give it a 6.5/10, enjoyed it more than ZM at least.

You DID buy her, right?

Gets repetitive after a while. Pallete swap the same enemies over and over. Forgettable locations and backtracking was a chore even with teleport statues. The boss battles were so so. Pales in comparison to Super and the gba titles.

Kind of depressing how difficult it is to keep a Metroid thread alive around here.

Felt like Skyrim. Good a the start, then you start looking at the same enemies, same backgrounds, same lazy level designs over and over again. Metroids being found on mostly empty square rooms gets boring after a while. You have to check the map a lot to backtrack for missed power ups since areas all look the same and are mostly rewarded with simple missile tanks. The robot and ridley fights are good though.

Pacing was terrible. There are large chunks without new abilities and then you get upgrades all over the place. Phase aeion ability could have been interesting for combat but was relegated to just passing crumbling blocks.

Felt quite half hearted. The Badass Samus meme isn't enough to salvage a game filled with lazy design decisions.

Really fun and underrated. I'd put it in my top 3 favorite games I played this year

>made Samus badass again

In the worst possible way. Sakamoto literally took the Other M route again of her doing over the top action stunts again. It’s fucking awful and is never what made her badass in the first place.

Most mediocre Metroid of the series. It’s fine game with nothing special about it. Would be the worst Metroid if not for Other M.

>6th best selling 3DS game of 2017 in the US

This is great. Only Pokemon and Mario Maker beat it

Yes

:^)

It's alright. Ridley and that robot digger were shit
AM2R is better

>they used the Other M Samus

Sakamoto is still salty

so much wrong

It was a fun game that I wasn't expecting to enjoy as much as I did, but it definitely had some flaws.

I'd say it's better than Fusion, but it ain't got shit on ZM or Super.

Samus controls very well and the new abilities are great, but the perks are offset by the rather bland areas with only a handful of different enemy types. There's not really much to see and they aren't atmospheric thanks to the crap music, so it feels rather un-Metroidish as a whole. Can't say if the blandness is attributable to lack of imagination or being too faithful to the original, but a new game in the same vein with good environments would likely be a blast.

Elaborate

ridley is one of the best fights in the 2D games. Diggernaut is one of the worst though you're right

Uh what? You're actually complaining about how awesome some of the shit she does in game? Especially the counter on the Zeta Metroids?

beam burst needs to be on other metroid games

The game is just a little too long for it's own good but the gigantic sectors are a good change
The new Samus design is the best depiction of her yet
The music is 10/10
The game can be really easy one moment and then really hard another but nothing that would make you ragequit
Samus is badass again in any cutscene
The melee counter can become a chore
The enemy variety is lacking
The separate ice beam from the beam combo is cool, takes elements from Prime series as well as the 2d lineage
The graphics are actually great and I played through 2 times on full 3d
7.5/10

I agree with him. Feel ridiculously silly especially the slowmo backflip shit.

so by extension she's not cool in Smash either?
you fags are nitpicking it

>high heels
>mole

So close and yet so far.

I wish the Space Jump made Samus flip super fast like the Super / Fusion version

I can respect your points but the music is far from 10/10

>smashfag

Should've known right from the start it'd be one of you fags.

People would rather post in soy and other garbage threads

>The new Samus design is the best depiction of her yet
I couldn't agree more

>The new Samus design is the best depiction of her yet

If you mean the Varia, Prime 2 is still the best. If you mean Samus herself, then Super is still the best by leaps and bounds.

It's the same for Halo, unless it's about shitposting, if you want to talk about latest games or future games no one wants to talk and that's just sad. If a good Metroid or Halo thread comes around with no shitposting, I try my hardest to keep them alive.

I want her to choke me to fucking death with her thighs
Also I like how her tits looks like they were drawn by a Rule34 artist
While I completely agree with you completely on the Prime 2 suit (SR was a step in the right direction compared to Other M), I like modern Samus as long as she is sufficiently tall and muscly enough

>I want her to choke me to fucking death with her thighs
Me too
>Also I like how her tits looks like they were drawn by a Rule34 artist
I know, Samus doesn't wear a bra. God damn that woman has huge tits.

Who did it best? For me, it's Prime 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pim1s_DBR64
youtube.com/watch?v=7VGuWDQBXrU
youtube.com/watch?v=6zZXFM9vjUg

same, prime 2 was a fucking miracle considering its rushed schedule. Probably helped it out in a few ways too, not enough time for nintendo to casualize it

>her tits look like they were drawn by a rule34 artist
If that were true, wouldn't they be cartoonishly massive?

Prime 2 is the best Metroid game.

agreed

I'm gonna have to say the original SM version
The suit just looks unrealistically suctioned to them, and it almost looks like she has puffy nipples
Not complaining

I didn't like it, honest to God. I think most of the fan base did and that makes me happy, but I personally found it difficult to enjoy on all fronts.

I think a lot of people had problems with it. The amount if negatively effected the game varies per person but I don't think anyone would call it perfect. "Decent" is the word I'd use.

The movement feels so much damn more smooth and fluent, with the easy grapple beam, ability to hang on ledges and just overall being really fast and responsive (perfect for reflexes). The 360 aiming was also awesome and I would easily replace the old finicky and annoying aiming system with it (you can still aim like the old games when moving). The chozo memories thing was cool too, provided actual incentive to collecting items, making this the second Metroid game ive finished 100%. Literally my only complaint is that the parrying made the game too easy, the only boss I had any real trouble with was the diggernaught.

1 is better. People only say 2 is better because they're contrarian or they grew up with it and somehow didn't have the first one.

The people whining about the mole to the point of editing it out of official renders are really getting into "Sonic's arms are not blue!" territory.

I really liked it despite its flaws. I just wanted to play a new solid Metroid game and thats what I got. The thing I liked least was how the only takes on it im ever going to hear is regurgitated e-celeb negativity.

I prefer the second one because of it's moodier atmosphere, the environments, the visual designs such as the suits and the creatures and the little interactions they have with you (Rezbit forcing the suit to reboot; the suit recognizing possession attempts by the Ing), the factions (Luminoth Vs Ing), the music, the difficulty, especially given how easy Prime 1 is.

Played the both at launch and they're both great, yet I prefer Echoes.

They really are, must be a new form f autism.

>fusion higher than zm or prime series

you serious?

>so incensed about people making 2 second edits in paint that don't effect the original art in anyway that you make a public post telling everyone about it

Are you sure you aren't the one with autism? Have you been evaluated?

Fusion is easily better than ZM.

I enjoyed it, but
>Some normal enemies can tank the Screw Attack

what the fuck

the verdict ??? 4/10 for the original, 6/10 for samus returns 8/10 for AM2R, thats the verdict but put in your mind that some fanboy fags get flipped out when they see AM2R cuz its fanmade but who gives a fuck, its a very well made game and plays better than both SR and OG

>Making one post mocking something is autistic now
>On the same level of autism of not accepting a slight cosmetic change on a fictional character to the point of editing it out as a form of protest/protecting your own sensibilities, too.
You don't have autism, you're just retarded.

>Sold poorly
>Reviewed poorly
Nintendo unfortunately listened to a few diehards from Tumblr pretending that people want Metroid when the genre is so oversaturated and the AM2R thing guaranteed it would never sell

>mole is bad
Terrible taste

>regurgitated e-celeb negativity.
Welcome to every modern Nintendo game.

I think the AM2R dev would switch the original and SR. He REALLY didn't like SR

A good modern Metroid held back by Metroid 2’s garbage format

Had it been a remake of the originall or super, it would’ve easily been in the top 3

You think anything will come from the evil chozo?

actually he liked it he just thought it could have been better in some areas

>Sold poorly
I guess that's why Metroid Dread is in development, huh?

>actually he liked it
No he didn't, he actually made a very in depth critique on his discord

Metroid Dread for the Switch in 2019.

A pretty safe metroid. It is good but nothing more than that.

I understand they playing it safe because the series don't get a new game for years but pls god Metroid 5 has to be bombastic.

>I guess that's why Metroid Dread is in development

>people are pretending Metroid Dread is a thing in development now

Keep on saying this man, every thread, it's not gonna make it true.

It won't be called Metroid Dread but a new 2D Metroid is in development.

It's just 1 person. He has a copy pasta ready for it too.

Diggernaut was awful, I also hated Queen Metroid, but the game was still a blast

It's some pretty top-shelf Metroid, thankfully. Moment-to-moment it might actually be the most fun to play 2D-wise.

>but a new 2D Metroid is in development
Ok user

Metroid 5 a 2D game, is currently in development.

It's a 2D game and a sequel to Metroid Fusion.

>he doesn't know

OST being so bland was a real drag. Also some questionable gameplay elements, hated the melee counter. Wish it was faster. Not bad though.

I like the first one a bit more but I agree 2 is very underrated by some people, none of its flaws are as big as people like to claim. The main thing I think the first one did better is the overworld.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_V3YmbOxFE

This song was great.

>Metroid 5 a 2D game, is currently in development.
ok user, whatever you say

>he really doesn't know

He can't know what isn't real user

Reminder

>He really really doesn't know

Switch SR with AM2R

>SR is a recommended fan game
???

unironically good list
fuck off it's in recommended fan games

I almost fell for it

You're right, MercurySteam aren't really Metroid fans