What went wrong?

What went wrong?

3D

didn't have the original va's. fuck i miss the cartoon

Episodic content and barely any new assets per episode.
Yeah great, the convenience store and the psychiatrist's office, mandatory locations, every episode.

This picture really bothers me. I want to believe that cat was ok.

I still love these characters

Still bummed Purcell works for Pixar now.

Telltale make The Walking Dead.

This.

>Telltale

Telltale used to make cool games for attractive people. Now they make garbage.

>tfw had the three seasons soundtracks because they were nice
>CDs all destroyed
>that sam and max super kit thing you could order with the brown envelope and all the various neat little things in it destroyed in the flood, all I have now is the actual envelope
>reads something like 2008 or so
>my copy of surfin' the highway is nearly destroyed
>never got the shot glass with max's head
>no idea what my telltale account was, no way to get back to the Strong Bad or Sam and Max games
it hurts

anyone else want to fuck max like really hard

Gross! He's a dog!

>Max
>A dog

I have something to tell you user...

No, no, no. Sam is the dog. Max is the bunny thingy.

Why? I'm happy he has a job.

Oh look at that it's story time

I want Max not Sam.
Max is my male shortstack fantasy!

sorry I was posting in other threads

>that signature
Oh man, was that actually drawn by Purcell? That's excellent.

>male shortstack
Please no.

Just post a link to a pdf. This isn't Sup Forums.

The cat is fine. Her name is Ksyusha.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with male shortstacks.

Do you have any... eye bleach?

This is the best running joke

>sam and max
played the game in the early 00's and never knew how to proceed after reaching the wool ball restaurant

NAYYYYY

I love the original game but a guide is pretty much required. Don't even get me started on unfreezing the damn caveman or whatever.

gesundheit

Season 4 when?

No season 4

Nothing, it was an amazing series

Basically
>Telltale is started by ex-Lucasarts guys who wanted to make good Lucasarts styled click-n-point games
>Small studio with small budget so they do episodic games to save money on development and put out games for attractive prices
>Overtime they grew more popular and more successful by 2010
>They start getting licenses to popular franchises to make games of, big two being Back to the Future and Jurassic Park
>BttF is styled in the traditional click in point while JP actually goes for an action style that features QTEs
>JP, while panned by critics and fans, did lead to Telltale's Inspiration to have more action focused content and is used for future titles
>First major title to use this system is the Walking Dead
>It's a massive success
>"X Will Remember That" now becomes a formula for them to use on every fucking game they make now
Good news is that people are getting tired of this shit 5 years later, but that won't stop John Tortellini from forcing it to be used

Thank you.

Did anyone actually like these fucks?

poor sam

shame what ended up happening, but I can respect that they just want the company to stay afloat. The Point and click genre is too niche to make the big bucks. If Jurassic park didn't happen I guess the company wouldn't be around right now, wich even if I don't care, people would be without jobs.

>The Point and click genre is too niche to make the big bucks.
Actually around 2010, they were bringing in $10M a year, that's good money for when they were small, they just wanted more

Just pirate that shit my dude

I like to pretend that episode doesn't exist for obvious reason.

For some reason I love their Monkey Island stuff, I grew up with the franchise but was too young to actually solve anything on my own so I watched my uncle play and my only real hands-on experience is with Telltale's iteration. Something about the atmosphere of episodes before the hell thing was incredibly comfy, the memories sit in my soul and always give off warm feeling when i access them

wow, didn't know that. I guess they lost their passion then.

>I hate it when you say "lest we be trod upon"

This is good what's the source?

That mechanic of "X Will Remember that" was so needless. I feel like they added that to give the illusion choices mattered, when really it was only 10 percent of the time they actually scripted it to matter in future events. Telltale was really a victim of it's own success. Other devs saw how popular their stuff was, and Telltale themself didn't really set a great bar of improvement in the episodic style "adventure" genre so stuff like Life is Strange come out and completely overpass things you would expect to be crazy popular like Batman or Guardians of the Galaxy, but they aren't because Telltale games still seem like poorly made machinima with the occasional button press.

I'm interested to see Telltale's next game now that it seems like their cut and paste formula has finally run out of steam to see if they try something different.

End of fun factory!

NYET

Thanks for comic posting user, its always good having a comic pasted and enjoyed by anons in a thread

Ditto, thanks for taking the time to post the pages.
My friend's got a copy of Surfin the Highway and the soundtracks and one of the posters because she won an old Telltale art contest a while back on the forums. It's a damn shame, Telltale used to have so much character. Since they can't make money off Walking Dead merch, looks like they said to hell with it. Such is the life of becoming the Funko Pop of video games. I still got the Monkey Island treasure chest, came with cool stuff like a hand-drawn alternate cover, a cloth map of the Gulf of Melange, a coaster from the bar in Ep 1, I forget the name, a piece of eight coin and a tarot card, and it came in a neat cardboard treasure chest. When companies are obsessed with tacky special editions, I wish they would try producing some with care, like how Telltale used to.

They also overhauled their forums and gutted their online store, felt like they went from a small indie dev with a group of dedicated fans to AAA gamedev for normies overnight.