Sup Forums logic in a nutshell

>No punishment for dying.
>Fun.

Wahoo?

>lose coins
>get sent back to checkpoint flag
>no punishment

hmmm

If you like Mario games, (You)'re a casual.

>walk for 10 seconds through coins you see after respawning
>already get 10 coins back and more
woooooow

>the game is bad
>I-I-IT'S NOT B-BAD I'M HAVING F-F-F-F-FUN WAHOO

>I need to be punished for a game to be good

Great, another shitposting thread to filter.

They're right user, Mario is for kids, they must be real gamers that play COD and pubg

The only reason people make threads about Odyssey now is because of the Joseph video. What the hell happened that this supposed 10/10 mastapeece died out in three weeks and people are still - STILL - talking about Zelda? Can you justify the lack of threads with reasons that don't apply to Mario 64, Galaxy, Sunshine etc?

i unironically hate the new zelda but love odyssey

nah, mario odyssey is bad because of a few things
>the one combination of "long jump > hat throw > hat dive > hat jump > hat throw > hat dive" invalidates all the platforming """challenges""" and makes all the levels not really worth playing
>over 500 of the moons are filler. you are either schmoozing a lady goomba for the 20th time or talking to a npc for a free moon with no challenge for the 80th.
>the game is too easy, due to the aforementioned jump combo and relative ease at which the game just throws moons at you
>nothing is earned, most of the challenges are quite literally "notice something, go there". most of these can be boiled down further to just "go from A to B".
>the only time the game decides to challenge you is at the end. the game should be slowly ramping up the challenge as you get throw the game, not just throwing a lazily done challenge gauntlet at the end
>hat possessions are too simple and dont leave a lot of room for actually interesting levels or challenges. the closest the game gets to this is the 'pokio', which has no real challenge to it at all outside of timing your jumps. the timing of the jumps themselves in all situations is also too lineant to be called a challenge. most possessions fair much worse.
>most of marios moveset is nerfed for the sake of forcing waggle controls. while its not impossible to beat the game without them, its a needless addition to justify a useless gimmick.
>mario odyssey's idea of platforming is about as interesting as call of duty's idea of a first person shooter. certainly functional, and impressive from a technical level but the game is more interested in showing you pastel coloured set pieces rather than making a fun game
the game is bad because soyboys will just eat this up thinking that its infallible, like every nintendo product.

If you don't like mario games, you're hardcore

What's worse?

Have you played it?

Name one game that's not fun

Skyrim

Horizon Zero Dawn

Oh no I got strawmaned, fuck how will I ever recover?

Yeah, I have to agree. They changed Zelda for the worse, but brought back a style of Mario that people have been clamoring for for twenty years. It's a bit easy, and celebratory, but by no means bad.

just because a game is bad doesn't mean it isn't good

>lose TEN (10) FUCKING COINS
L M A O

bloodborne

playstation

yeah. my friend lent me his switch last week. i stopped playing after i reached luncheon kingdom the first time, then when i told my mate he told me to at least beat the main campaign, which i did. after that i stopped playing after i unlocked and completed 2 dark side missions. its bad, but in a really non-challenging way. it made it hard to pinpoint why i didnt like it until i gave it some proper thought. the game tries to dazzle you with pretty colors and cooky world design, without every really trying to make traversing that world actually fun. if i wanted to play a game where i move a small object throw a tight maze, i would have played the scary maze flash game, not possessed a fucking gushen for a watered down version of that experience.

1 moon has been deposited into your account

game is decent, not worth $60 by long shot. wait for sale or get $30 pre-owned copy

I don't have a Costanza image but pretend that I do.

Getting the GAME OVER screen and start back at last save is not a very lasting concept. Not really necessary.

I don't remember one time you had to be a gushen in a maze, also over 500 moons being filler is bullshit and the amount of repeated moons is exaggerated. A majority of moons are in the door and pipe challenges since there's always 2 in each of them.

have a (you) and some proofs on the over 500 moons youtube.com/watch?v=kYJx5xt2cB0

reasons why odyssey is underwhelming:

>game is designed in such a way that many moons are trivial for experienced players or tedious for every type of player.
>there exists one set of actions that is the best in terms of overall vertical and horizontal distance.
>the bosses are kind of mediocre, but this is par for the course with mario.

i think mario as a series would benefit quite a bit if the developers were able to create a game that was significantly more challenging from the outset.

here, take one of mine

>links me this fags video when I already 100% the game
lol

>long jump > hat throw > hat dive > hat jump > hat throw > hat dive" invalidates all the platforming """challenges""" and makes all the levels not really worth playing
Actually Mario's moveset allows the devs the place secrets all over the place. 3D Mario has never incorporated the moveset in the main levels. Also everything you said was taken straight from Joseph's video.

>3D Mario has never incorporated the moveset in the main levels.

and this is somehow a positive?

>provides proofs
>a snide remark will surely prove me superior

marios moveset allows the devs to place secrets all over the place
do those secrets lead to anything substantial? are coins really worth a damn? oh i know theres that one secret in the ice cave where you fight that one boss with floating hands, thats a lot of coins right? really worth the effort? its not like i collected 300 coins on the way in. maybe a reward for doing that could have been, oh i dunno, something meaningful, like an extra challenge. i dont even want a moon from that, i just want something actually entertaining to do. noticing that you can climb on top of a level with a low ceiling is nice, but i want something more than a fucking moon for that. i want an actual challenge, like say now that i have seen the whole level from above, i now have a time limit to actually corss that level and get a moon. the challenge itself can be the reward.

also is dead on. the problem is that the wider moveset is not required to do anything in the game. using it invalidates what little game there is, and not using it feels like you arent playing the game correctly.

>provides proofs
lol ok

>im having fun with a game
>fucking casual reeee

It wasn't bad, but it was no masterpiece

>2 hours of an autist whining about how he thinks he has to sit on every bench in the game is proof

>proof is bad because it doesnt agree with me

Anyone else think SM64 had better swimming controls than Odyssey?

>if I call it proof it can't be wrong

Why didn't Nintendo just make it so you could swap between possessions and Mario, and then build the platforming around that? You could turn into the Pokio, attach to a wall, then switch to mario to jump farther, then switch back to the Pokio, for example. That would have been neat. Instead they're basically just separate characters you control for a bit that have an extremely limited moveset.

Super Mario Odyssey - It's No Masterpiece

>hasnt adressed any criticism i put forth
>"wow hes wrong"
nigger tier at best

>wtf all the moons are copypasted and filler even though most of them aren't
>criticism

dumb wojak poster

Reminder that Joseph Anderson thinks good controls don't exist

Mario is from a genre that competition can't even hope to remotely touch. Crash is nothing compared to the worst 3D Mario and A Hat In Time is nothing amazing either.

It's a pathetic losing battle for anyone that tries to go against Odyssey. Meanwhile BOTW can be compared to various other open world adventure games or even combat games like Nier or Bloodborne, which makes shit flinging not only easier but also gives ammo to those that WANT to complain about it.

In other words, there's no threads because it's an untouchable game for the brand of low effort shitposter Sup Forums has nowadays.

Video games are not fun, but you can have fun playing them.

>10 or so different mission types
>repeated over 500 times
>not copy pasted

Ironic droneposting is still droneposting

>10 or so different mission types
>repeated over 500 times
literally never happened

>and A Hat In Time is nothing amazing either.

Battle of the Birds is better than most Odyssey worlds, and I'm saying this as someone that loves Odyssey.

>never happened
>post proofs
>he will still try to say its not proofs
youtube.com/watch?v=kYJx5xt2cB0
reminder that this video goes through every single moon in the game. all of them.

I preferred Subcon Forest overall but I agree
youtube.com/watch?v=_OapHc1b3f4

I would agree. But I would also state that NOTHING in Hat in Time reaches that level ever again and frankly it was over soon.

Besides, Hat in Time is an indie game, so there's no flag to wave for it, which limits alot shitposting potential.

Point is, Odyssey is untouchable. It'll stay that way for atleast a decade since nobody else can hope to stand in the same tier as Nintendo can in that genre.

Can you at lease point out what part of the video you want me to see because you're being hilarious right now.

He can't point you to any of it because that would require him to actualy watch it.

>i want
>I want
>I want

Ok user

who's the smug anime girl

I like the game. The vast majority of people seem to like the game. If you don’t care for it, that’s fine too. But this opinion won’t get (you)’s

Please never use Haruhi is you want to shitpost.

1:02:05 - 1:04:05
"throw hat at"/"touch", X missions
1:05:20
ground pounding glowing spots in the ground
1:09:05
stick possesion in hole for free star, not exclusive to pokio's either, but this is just the most notable example

i got another hour and a half of shit i could go through, but i think this suffices. that 10 minute segment is just the most rapid fire section of this bullshit in the video

if i didnt want to have fun i wouldnt play games.

make me

on of the characters from "future diary" or whatever that anime was called

>groundpounding glowing spots
You mean the glowing spots where 99% of them are either coins or goombas?

>game trains you to perform a task for a moon (going through 2d mazes, putting seeds in pots, talking to Toad) multiple times
>sit on a bench
>hurr why would you try and sit on multiple benches you dumb fucking cunt, you should clearly know that's the only one in the game if you bothered to look at a guide, which you shouldn't because otherwise you're a casual who hates exploration

There's only one bench in the game that has a man sitting on it who says something when you walk by

>paintings are the only alternative means of getting to other kingdoms besides using the Odyssey
>don't unlock until the post-game so no sequence break shenanigans

I like a lot the game but the Darker Side of the Moon disappointed me.
3D World's Champions' Road was way more challenging.

>multiple benches with people
>game locks moons behind key boss fights and post-game moon cubes so you have to check each world three times just to be sure there isn't something you're missing
>in a game where some moons are straight up buried under the floor and they're either not telegraphed or use picture hints that are found in other kingdoms

but you don't need them, they're filler, just go after the 100 or so to beat the game out of the 880

>it's a "Sup Forums donates to a ""critic""'s patreon thread

It's bad for all the reasons 3D world is bad.

This is you argument? Seriously? Shut the fuck up and don't ever post again my dude. This dumb nigga

3D World isn't bad, it's an above-average platformer. It's just mediocre given its Mario pedigree. Same with Odyssey

3D World is great though. Better than Sunshine, at least.