Half Life thread

Is the Half Life series worth buying?

...there are people who have NOT played Half-Lifes yet ??

Me

A lot of underage folks here, myself included

there's literally no excuses. the games go on sale, like all of them, for

jesus ...
well, the answers a big, glowing yes.

And before the stock-questions are posted, play the ORIGINAL Half-Life 1. Not the shitty and buggy Source-port, not the unfinished fan-made Black-Mesa mod, but the OG, normal, GoldSource-engine HL1.

the entire Valve collection's been on sale for 30 bucks numerous times. The HL Anthology pack that comes with CS, TF, and who knows what other "mods" is often sub-tenner. Not to mention many old-timer Steam users tend to have multiple copies of HL2 and/or episodes at this point in their inventory.

HL1 >>>>>>> HL2 shit

Apprently old fags get outrunned by new source babies 100:1 these days. So in general internet arguement sake HL2 will always be better than HL1.

FULLY

No, because Valve abandoned it a long time ago, and never continued the story.
They only care about how easily they can implement microtransactions in Steam, since they take a cut from every game.

I was about to say yes but then I realized something.
Valve are cunts now, they refuse to just fucking make half life 3 for whatever reason. The script writer for the game got so fed up with waiting that he released the entire script online.

Pirate it instead. They are both fantastic games in their own way. The episodes as well. And the two spin offs of the first game.

cute!

>play the ORIGINAL Half-Life 1
This.
Never played black mesa but sourve port is trash. They took half life 2 and thought they could make it work as half life one but it really doesn't.

Pirate it. It's stupid to play for incomplete stuff.

This a mod or something?

theyre worth playing atleast once

Or more.

the only model i find attractive

No. Garbage linear set-piece garbage that ushered in the new, dumbed down era of FPS games.

The weapons are complete shit, too. Also fucking gimmicks, the forced shitty vehicle sections, and the fact that Valve can't fucking finish a goddamn series that ended on a fucking cliffhanger even though all they had to do was literally anything which would guarantee 500 gabillion copies, proof that even Valve knew it was a pile of shit that had to die.

You don't know about FERNSmod?

Neither does google, apparently

no, red faction is better.

me too

you seriously need to lurk moar, kid