Under Night Thread

Who needs EVO Japan

Ok ssomeone see me RIGHT NOW

I actually just sent an invite.

For the rest, pass is vee

>Two more weeks
Can't wait to play my boy Akatsuki, I hear he was buffed a ton. Enkidu looks fun too.

Ok ima play

He's real fucking strong

>u4ick plays in the Sup Forums threads

Recognize him from somewhere?

If he picks weird colors again feel free to kick him. also
> 3.2k off of the second hit of rekka
nothing fishy here.

I used to play with him a bunch, but he got real angry with me.

Any special starter should do big damage from my experiences

Fuck hyde

Someday I'll make you say that

> walkup makes tourney winners mad
I don't know if I should be less upset at my losses to him or more upset that he joins this lobby at all.

Hyde as a char just makes me mad

[Spoiler] I'm also not gonna be able to play at 100% tonight•[/spoiler]

Control s, m8.
Looks like you're not even in the lobby at all either.

I wonder why he still even bothers with us. Then again, there's bound to be at least a couple people in Sup Forums who's actually good at games that derives pleasure from just constantly beating people who are not as good as him. He doesn't even really teach anything either, aside from showing what you can get away with in the game

EVO Japan happening right now if people didn't guess that. Crossover news incoming so I await the shitshow.
Aside from that, Mahou did improve but there's a couple things I'd give out as pointers but I'll save those until he actually shows up.
I'll also be sure to go over on Sunday what the FB stream in a couple hours talks about.

He doesn't even talk in these threads, he just gets bored and contributes nothing besides ass whoopings and more recently cheating.

I'm here and watching it right now. I know there's no under night in but I keep watching for the cup noodles. I'll gladly take all the pointers you can throw at me, we played for a while, as pitiful as my matches were. By the way, how the hell do I know when it's my "turn" to attack Hyde, it seems impossible and once you get to 100 EXS I feel like I just lost the round instantly which was just about every round. If I somehow even manage to completely block any of your strings you just dash back out and then I can't reach you with anything. Doubly so if I'm stuck in the corner. I've tried guarding sometimes, and it works with certain character's moves in the air but it's very hard for me to do well and then you can also just pretend to go for a hit and then grab me anyway.

>Mad about Hyde
>Merk exists

I don't follow friend
Hyde is about a 4 second blockstring wait. Merkava however...

sorry I couldn't join you guys earlier today, but something came up. one thing to keep in mind against hyde is what he's canceling into when he uses his meter. if you have meter, you can punish unsafe far cancels into his 236C with your spiral arrow super. it might also be worth considering abusing your shield dash armor.

Merk, any reason you're using IW more?

It's optimal? I'm trying to get the kill.

>headblade

Just seemed like you used it less before. Didn't mean anything by it.

I'm not mad, I just don't know what to do with my character aganist him. Hilda and Merk are even harder for me to do anything against, I can actually hit Hyde with an attack sometimes at the start of the match. I can't even touch those two.

No problem. I did not know that, there's actually very, very much I don't know. I had enough meter to do something like that for a couple rounds but I don't recall if 236C was used often. By spiral arrow super do you mean 236C? I often just fly overhead when I try to use it, it's laughable.

How has he cheated?
By using custom pallets? That's hardly cheating.

>as pitiful as my matches were
Not at all, you had me on the ropes and nearly at wit's end in trying to open you up sometimes. You've got some fantastic defense and you should be proud about that.
>By the way, how the hell do I know when it's my "turn" to attack Hyde, it seems impossible and once you get to 100 EXS I feel like I just lost the round instantly
I feel like my option when it comes to strings is pretty weak without the EX cancel to keep my attacks safe sometime. Use your lights attacks a bit more and that 6B. 66C also caught me a bunch of times and that leads to good damage.
>you just dash back out and then I can't reach you with anything
Try more 66Cs or a 236A. Just don't cancel the latter with the follow-up since that makes it doubly unsafe.
>grab
That just takes a lot of getting used to to start reacting to those.

Anyways, my general pointer
>Combos
You finally got something down but you're using meter every time, but that's not always a bad thing. I'd say work on another combo that carries people to the corner, that 66C easily leads into a fully charged 214A/B so use those a bit more. Your 236C and j236C combos side-switch a lot so have a none side-switch combo on hand. Tools like 66B, 3C, and 5[C]/j[C] are fantastic tools you can work on.
The big glaring problem I see however is that after you use that combo you have, you raw buff which is unsafe in most cases, seeing as how I grabbed you out of the FF start up a bunch of times. That's because I air-tech and have the time to close the gap with you. You might want to readjust your combo so you always end with a guaranteed knockdown, be it a wallbounce from corner FF or a 66C anywhere else and then you buff to be safe on your wake-up.

Also, after your performance with Mika today, x. I think you found yourself a new main to get dedicated with. This time, you have no goddamn excuse to back away from your opponent like Nanase has the option to, now you have to stick with the offense.

Get in the lab and iron out more combos, there's hope for you yet.

you actually have round start advantage against merkava because I have to respect 66C and 236b respectively. I thought 236C went forward? or is that a different input?

Forgot to add, if you have the meter and the initiative, 236A into 22C basically gives you a free blockstring with both buffs. Use that if you need to get in.
236C always goes up diagonally, like the B version. A is the only one that goes horizontally.

If blanka alt 3 is effectively cheating and needs to be banned then so do those pallets.

Certainly having more fun, but the jury's still out on how far I can go.
I still hope kaguya is able to do whatever it is I like doing.

Boy do I love messing up only 3 times and losing to Merkava 3k+'s

merkava is a lower damage character. consider hitting me harder than I can hit you.

also mess up 3 times against any character in this game and you'll die.

Pure zoning seems like hell to deal with in a game like this as Vatista has shown. Give a zoner easier inputs and that might be a tad bit strong

Lies
It's not BB. It's a little more forgiving than 3 I feel with most characters

>Not at all, you had me on the ropes and nearly at wit's end in trying to open you up sometimes. You've got some fantastic defense and you should be proud about that.
Thank you, 95% of the time I couldn't even make a dent on you but at least I made you use your EXS often.
>Use your lights attacks a bit more and that 6B. 66C also caught me a bunch of times and that leads to good damage.
During blockstrings? If I try it during then I just get hit, I can't seem to find when I can use them except for maybe that overhead but you are usually far enough away that I can't reach. Outside of blockstrings, I'll keep it in mind, though I need you to run into me to be able to hit you with 6B, 5A, 2A, 2B
>Try more 66Cs or a 236A. Just don't cancel the latter with the follow-up since that makes it doubly unsafe.
I've got to stop doing following ups with 66C, it's becoming automatic for me and if I don't hit or get guarded or even just blocked, I either get punished or have to defend. But if I don't follow up immediately, I'm too slow to follow up if I do get a hit
>That just takes a lot of getting used to to start reacting to those.
Indeed, I'm still very weak to grabs.
>Anyways, my general pointer
Ah yes, my current bnb is not the best but it's the easiest and most consistent for me to do and has good damages and some oki. I tried another one but I drop it too easily, I should practice it sometime more. I saw some neat combos from videos and rb35. I can however make my current bnb not sideswap as much but with higher frames I dont do it because I tend to drop it so I just use the sideswap for easier execution. Oh yeah, I don't really know when to use these 66B, 3C, and 5[C]/j[C], when I used it I just hit the air. 3C in blockstrings push me very far away, 5[C] is still not an overhead but I'll try it out more for some
variety. I think it's unsafe because I'm not doing it fast enough. If I do it well, I can still jump, block, grab.

3 seems about right if they know what they're doing.

3 optimal starters or j.C's should be all a character needs to kill. It's just that optimal starters are not what usually lands.

It goes up diagonally so if not close I just fly over and it's way punishable.
>you actually have round start advantage against merkava because I have to respect 66C and 236b respectively
I thought you have one of those Cs that prevents me from doing either. As soon as I backdash it's over offensively at the start of the round. I have to play aganist Merk again to remember exactly what I can do.

Guess I'm destined to stick with a playstyle that scares me half to death.
I can deal with all the charge motions, even the [6]4 and [8]2 stuff, I just can't grip this controller in a comfortable enough way to hold buttons down effectively.

That makes sense. If Merk's low bullshit was nerfed the matchup would be fair

In general blocking at the start of the round is not a bad idea. But really I do have to respect wagner. If you do 66C the only thing I can do to beat that without meter is jump immediately and jumping is beat by 236b. Back dashing at round start is generally a bad idea unless you're vatista or hilda. But yeah, just try round start 66C next time we play, I have to respect it.

Okay, will try it out then.

>During blockstrings?
Reverse beat back into your 5A or 2A since your 5B and 2B are pretty good normals to start pressure with.
>I've got to stop doing following ups with 66C
I assume you mean 236A and yeah, if that's a habit you formed, you really should work to stop it.
>current bnb
Here's one I use, it hasn't changed since the last time I gave this to you
5B > 6B > 6C > FF (fully charged) > 22A > 66B 214B/A (fully charged) > 236A > Ender of your choice
Now it's up to you to either try and milk this for the most damage possible like doing the follow up like you're used to both from ground and do the fully charged j236A into 623C as your ender. That or you can do the follow up for 236A into a j2C to get a knockdown into an immediate buff, or hell, maybe do both and use the follow up for 236A, space out your 66C, 214A > FF and get a buff from the wallbounce provided this wasn't already done in the corner.

There's also combo routes that make use of j[C] > ja > jb links that are the most optimal since that route doesn't take away a precious OTG you only get so much of in your combos but those starters usually involve 3C > 5[C]s
And your 5[C] is relatively fast both charge and uncharged to add into your blockstrings at the very end if they're far away from you, just a tool to use to check if they're getting to antsy to start their offense.

Woops, add a 66C between the 214 and 236 at the and

X walk up buddy

X wake up

did he died

jinx, owe me a soda.

Shit my bad, had to use the bathroom and change some laundry.
Guess now's a good time to ask what R1 does when you're spectating. Some green text pops up and I thought it would skip me in the rotation.

Fair enough.

Green text means whether you're saving the replay or not

hitting triangle while in lobby skips you. You'll know you did it because you'll have a yellow arrow icon next to your name.

Thanks.

I knew about that, I just thought you could queue up a skip while watching too.

To clarify who do I owe a soda too?

Me.

PURE BBBUUULLLL Shit I was over that super

chesto
I agree it was a little silly

Someone please convince me not to buy dbfz tomorrow.

I'm downloading it right now.

Do whatever you want, user. Why don't or do you want to buy it?

too many games to play already, plus it's not the most financially responsible thing to do when I'm looking for a new job.

Why play DBZ when the dlc isn't out, it's full price, and we have these comfy lobbies daily that you are already in and are getting good at? Why start from scratch and suck ass?
Waiting for a Brolly announcement first personally. Plus I'm here with every free hour I have

that's not very convincing
> tfw did pretty good during the beta even when fighting against people who actually blocked and could do dhc combo's and IAD

I imagine DBFZ will have lobbies up at every hour compared to our little corner, that's technically a plus on having no trouble finding games while already ensuring the risk that it's just going to be rampant threads that'll get a general made in /vg/

GGs all.
The phonon is going back in the oven for a while.

plz no. I have no chance to do much with this day 2 waldstein if everyone picks their main on me.

Ggs

We are a family tho. These threads are comfy. Plus, as stated, DBZ doesn't have it's full roster yet
scrub wins are tempting yes but were will you find the time?

GGs friend

GGs

What do you want me to tell you? I was on the fence until 21. She looks fun. Being sex incarnate helps too.

if crosstag isn't a total failure, I would imagine this game would get even more characters down the line. Doesn't stop me from playing it now, I don't get the point you're trying to make.

You guys are useless, I was also on the fence till I saw 21, she looks like too much fun. I love the finger laser, and the fact that she's basically female kirby. I mained kirby in smash but I never took that game all that seriously despite playing with people who did.

Arcsys isn't French Bread.

yeah but they're using under night characters. I imagine french bread makes money off this somehow, if only through leasing the rights to the characters or whatever.

I just wonder if they're actually gonna merge with the /dbg/ already there or try to make their own.

Making most of the preexisting dragonballfags mad as hell is a plus too.

There isn't a precedent for DLC characters for this series as of yet in its 5 year run. I'm all for more characters though, this is one of those times where I would actually love new additions to the cast without waiting for a completely new version.

I more meant as a version update, yeah. French bread is too poor/cheap to not do that if they plan on adding characters.

maybe I should just learn an easy mode character like phonon or vatista.

That was weird. Least it had the decency to wait for the match to end.
It's back

When is the latest version on steam? I just want to olay Enkidu.

UNIEL aka the version that doesn't have enkidu. If you want to play him you need to get the ps3/ps4 version UNIST or be prepared to wait a LONG time.

Or best girl

Never

I want to think I'm getting better at watching seth's movements, but I'm probably not.

Literally nobody is getting used to Seth's movements here, I hadn't practiced with him in ages.

At least it's not as hopelessly confusing as before.

> getting better at watching seth's movements
You're better off focusing on option selecting your way out of oki lmao

Everyone tells me Seth is broken but Merk seems far worse desu

A lot of things don't normally apply to ms. disjointed hitboxes

you can't block merk mixups, so of course you don't understand what's better about seth mixups lol

Yo what region are you guys in? Been looking for people to fight but haven't had much luck yet.

NA, mostly midwest

Most of us are Midwest and West coast

I'm in hick state.

Welp worth checking but that's waaay too far away for me