Jap game

>jap game
>main character doesn't have father

>he's a boss later

thanks for the idea

>he's the final boss

>not a single party member has more than one parent

This is the weirdest shit outside of war games.

Alternatively
>dad exists, is always "at work" and never seen at all
This is also dumb.
>hurr but earthbound did it!
Yeah, and it was dumb there, too.

I actually liked the dad phone.

You can thank Dragon Quest III for that.

Because you have shit taste.
But he shows up near the end and you even see him fucking die. Very few devs actually go this route.

busy salaryman dad

>jrpg
>final boss is god for no real reason

I hate this shit.
I hate when the final boss is something entirely different from what you usually fight, mostly when there is never any hint of this sht coming.
>game against other humans
>last boss is some monster/demon/wasn't-ever-a-human
>game against monsters
>last boss is some futuristic robot

>the final boss is long dead

>the final boss is a "hard" moral choice

>Final boss is the guy you played as in the tutorial

>the final boss is you

>the final boss is you, but from the future

>the final boss is a sympathetic villain

>he's the secret final boss

Pretty weird how it's shown in Kingdom Hearts that Sora lives with his mother yet he doesn't ever give a shit about her nor are either parents shown. IIRC the most we got was Sora's dad mentionned in birth by sleep. I guess it's a japanese thing.

>the final boss is half of an alternate reality version of you from a universe that no longer exists

Japanese dads work too many hours.

>jap game
>main character is a father

I really think this is the IRL reason why you don't see that many dads in japanese games.

what's even the point of this in pokemon?

no reason needed

It's just tradition to have the mom be at home as an NPC. There's no reason for the dad to be there unless they have some kind of plan for him, in gen 3 your dad was a gym leader.

>jap game
>main character lives with his mother
>only one bed in the house
Hmmmm

bitch sleeps in the kitchen lmao

>the final boss is you, if you took a different path

daily bonding time

>JRPG
>Final boss was a clown who turned out to be a Joker-tier insane genius and gained so much power that he practically turns into a god during the battle

/ss/ is the true way it seems.

Well it kind of reflects their real society but at the same time when you have young/teenage characters the parents simply can't be there because it wouldn't work from a narrative point. I mean what sane parent would let their young child venture out to battle monsters and other shit like that?

>MC awakens a new form at a critical moment

>your character/party gets trapped in a situation that they can't escape
>Get saved by a deus ex machina

as much as i hate this shit, SMT4A had some pretty good one because your deus ex machina machine has been with you the whole game

A man provides. And he does it even when he’s not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he’s a man.

>genius
Fuck you, 6faggot. Kefka literally lucked his way into every position of power. He was a fucking dumbass outside of that.

Fuck this shit so hard.
No, that's a fucking moron.

>he's the final form of the secret final boss