The cancel button belongs to the left of the confirm button. This is the truth

The cancel button belongs to the left of the confirm button. This is the truth.

Why did they change the Play Station layout in the west?

Yes!

Only a weeb would say something like this.

Originally it was X to confirm and Δ to cancel, but I guess they decided that wasn't confusing enough so they changed it to X being confirm and O being cancel, so it's the exact opposite of the Japanese layout.

The Japanese symbol for OK is a circle and the symbol for NO is an X.

literally no

You mean like the West?

Because Christianity, cross = good. To atheist evolution obsessed Japs cross = bad.

>play jap game
>Δ to open the menu

No. We use a check and an X, but we also use X to signify accordance. (x marks the spot, use x to tick off items, etc)

This is dumb because your thumb will rest on the bottom button more easily than the right button, this is a fact just because of how most controllers are shaped. With that in mind, making the right button the confirm button, aka the more used button, means the player has to manually force themselves to always rest their thumb on the right button just for convenience. Keeping the bottom button as the confirm button means the player has to do nothing

The X and Y have nothing to do with Cartesian axes

THIS GUY GETS IT

you use a check mark to tick off items

this

exactly this

That literally depends entirely on how big/small your hands are.

Yes the x and y making the most sense here, as well as the green (GOOD) A and the red (BAD) B. xbox has the clear god tier layout.

at least someone isn't retarded

I hope you die

so we all agree xbox is superior?

This.

Imagine if this thing had a good dpad, and another bumper? goat controller

No, it depends on if your hands are malformed or not. Size changes nothing, the gap between your thumb and the rest of your hand, given the angle most controller grips are at, means your thumb will always be angled over the bottom and left face buttons.

you are wrong

speaking of d-pads, can we finally stop pretending the Dualshocks have good ones?

Which is why Nintendo's ABXY makes perfect sense on their best controller.

It's the same because they both generally have the bottom button as confirm (in the West), so they're both built for default hand position, in terms of face buttons at least.

>sticks that high
disgusting

delete this garbage right now

>yes / no
see how the yes is on the left? ...

Maybe for weebshits like you, but in the real world (America) O means "FUCK NO" and X means "HELL YES". Learning this vital piece of knowledge was how I was finally able to obtain my GED in West Virginia.

No matter how true it is, there's still some idiots that think otherwise without even trying the true way.

In an intense bit of gameplay, you want the "Talk" button to be out of the way as you use the other buttons for the gameplay.

the "talk" button is typically the one that's used for common stuff like attacking or jumping. Rarely is it ever used solely for selecting things

pleb detected

This only applies to the playstation controller since it's the only one that uses those symbols in that fashion.

>Drake

Saged and hidden

>Open menu

You could say red is also meant to be incorrect or cancel.

>literally

Stop using that word

Fucking this. X as confirm feels awkward.

I miss the ps2

It baffles me that they thought this was a good layout, theres a reason why more people use gamecube controllers compared to this shit

Gamecube controllers are fucking shit.