How would you fix this franchise?

Remake the classics into better 3D? Complete overhaul?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/odAeEqQTIrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>JRPG
It can't be fixed.

FFXII: Zodiac Age came out a few months ago user

I'd like to see FF1 remade with modern AAA production values. Just a big, colourful fantasy world with a barebones story. Something that would look like the end cutscene of dissidia, but in real time. With no real story to speak of, the focus could be entirely on gameplay mechanics, art and monster design, world design, etc.
It would be sick brehs.

Less plot, more exploration

Not even shit FFs, not even just shit video games, they managed to be terrible media in general, compared to all other forms of digital entertainment. FF13 really marked the end of the end.

Stop giving them sequential numbers but subtitles instead.

or have the title smaller. eg final fantasy xvi: SOMETHING HAPPENS

Go back to turn based combat.

Bring back the job system.

The only way to "fix" the Final Fantasy series would be to let it die while it still has some redeeming factors left. This is something that should have been done after FFX but it still is the only way to "fix" the series even if it has missed it's deadline by a decade.

using words like "brehs" obviously means your an underaged faggot

Final Fantasy games are just a series of completely unrelated JRPGs. Being attached to the franchise makes no sense.

Just make a good FF. It's been a while since FFIX.

10 and 12 were good

>12
>good

There is nothing to fix desu

Make XVI a proper old school fantasy world with a fun story

Bioware could make two or three Final Fantasy games and show Square how it's done. FFXV would have been so good with actual Triple A production and Day 1 loot boxes.

XII, Type-0 and XIII-2 was good and they didn't come out that long ago. I don't play MMOs but people seem to really like XIV since ARR came out.
XV could have been good, but it took a few steps too many in the wrong direction. I think they should stick with what they're good at instead of making it an ARPG that they just don't have the knack for. I hope XVI is more of a return to what made the series special in the first place than heading even further in the direction that XV set the series in.

Have the combat be directed by someone competent.

> large, diverse world
> lots of different enemies and loot
> crafting system
> there was literally nothing wrong with the gambit system
> visually beautiful
> far less linear than other FF games
> interesting sidequests and optional areas/enemies
The problems with FF12 were several characters and the story. Half of the main characters were plain and inconsequential, and you don't save the world like FF players always did, but you limit yourself to solving certain political troubles in a specific country. So the shit part of FF12 can be summarised as: story, Vaan, final boss. The story is still not as bad as FF8, you may consider Ashe the main character, and the final boss was less of an asspull than FF9.

split into final fantasy the arpg and final fantasy classic the jrpg

Just keep making em. Each game is so different there's nothing to "fix" except the production pipeline. When people didn't like 8 they didn't to wait for 6 years until 9 came out, so the series just moved on

I think there's still room to fix XV. If they introduce Comrades leveling/combat system into the main game, even combat could be fixed. Not even hard to introduce, just make some kind of a special item that you need to equip to switch over to the Comrades battle system.

>How would you fix this franchise?
Easy:
>Fire Motomu Toriyama and disown Lightning
They're both shit. Give him the rights to RIGHTONINGU and he can make his own games with her. Gets rid of her, and gets rid of the Lightningfags from the fandom.
>Fire Tabata and just give up on XV
XV's updates aren't fixing the fundamental issues with the game. It either needs a FFXIV-level of rebooting, or it needs to end. Quicker it's out of collective consciousness, the better.
>Let Hiroyuki Ito fucking work on something
Motherfucker is the last people at SE who worked on every game from I-IX. He made the ATB system. He directed FFVI and IX. He made Triple Triad. He worked on Chrono Trigger. The man has a better track record than anyone else. He's the best bet.
>Give XIV a proper fucking budget
It's printing money, but the budget and staff problems are turning more and more people away. Give them money to actually fix shit, and then tell them to stop repeating the same endgame treadmill.
>Stop reinventing the fucking wheel with every single FF
Trying new things is rad, but SE has the Sonic Team problem where they refuse to acknowledge when they finally land on a good idea. Everything gets tossed out for the next game. FFI-IX did not do this. They're considered the Golden Age for a fucking reason. You can still be creative and not turn the wheel into a fucking oblong because "IT'S DIFFERENT!!"
>Continue letting Yoko Taro be batshit insane
This has nothing to do with FF, but it'd help the company's image.
>Hire Uematsu again to do the majority of a game's soundtrack
If this needs explaining, you should be hired by current SE.
>Make some Fire Emblem Heroes equivalent for FF.
Company needs money. Autismbux is the easiest way to do it. Use this to fund actually decent game.
>Ignore the fandom
They're all fucking retards
>Ban Nomura from writing anything, under any circumstance
>Get FF development on a decent cycle again, using mentioned autismbux and COMMON SENSE

just renake FFV then

it has the absolute best class system, there is just enough story to make the characters lovable, but its still a pretty basic warriors of light FF story

>I think there's still room to fix XV
that shit has been unfixable since its release. and it keeps getting worse.

Finish FFXV desu. Such a great game yet ruined because it's about 1/3 finished.

Make it more like the older games where it was 80% fantasy and 20% technology with fantastic designs instead of the shit VII introduced where it’s 10% fantasy and 90% technology with modern designs

FFXV is pinnacle of the final fantasy.

How about hiring a producer who actually knows how to finish a fucking game in less than ten years?

I think that only the main saga should stop, some spin off are still really good, like World of FF.

Clearly it isn't getting worse. Stop being bitter just because you got cucked into paying 60 bucks on launch

>>Make some Fire Emblem Heroes equivalent for FF.
>Company needs money. Autismbux is the easiest way to do it. Use this to fund actually decent game.
now that i think at that, why not making even something like Fire Emblem Warriors? Musou are really cheap to make and are THE fanservice genre.
Also a Musou with 30 FF characters fighting against FF mosnters and shit sound really interesting.
SE even did something similar with Dragon Quest.

>Ban Nomura from writing anything, under any circumstance
He probably didnt write something complete in ages. Even XV has almost nothing from his writing.

Instead of making bloated AAA turds make good and polished AA gems.

cute girls doing cute things

>back to ATB based combat à FF X-2 but enhanced, ie better action qeue, etc.
>4 party members who follow you around outside of combat like in XV
>not all of them are gay twinks
>job system that's a mix of V and XI
>proper graphics and artstyle, ie no 3d chibi shit and no retarded noodle people like in XIII
>ATE
>proper 25-30 hour story with only a few hours of sidequests thrown in
>the game actually tells you the whole story,not just like a 1/8th of it
From the top of my head. Personally I don't even mind whethervthe story is set in medieval or modern times, as long as there's enough diversity (in terms of wealth, landscapes, etc.) in it.

>diverse world
Lol, stopped reading there.

It's like 60% desert, then a bit of forrest and beach. Ivalice is, from a terrain point of view, boring as fuck.

They should hire directors who can bring a project from start to finish in 2 years like a normal person. Stop accommodating hacks like Nomura.

What would really make this franchise MUCH more popular/succesfull worldwide is if they would start making games that people (mostly normies in the west) would expect from the title.

Medieval Fantasy setting + traditional party/class costumization mechanics costumization (like in FFV)

Action combat is kind of essential these days for mass appeal. What I think would be the best is if they used a Dragon's Dogma/Souls with summons-like combat, BUT with more focus on weaknesses/resistances/buffs,curses etc. so you had to switch between party members every now and then to use those impactful abilities.
Also just make Amano the lead designer again. Making a game with his artstyle + modern graphics would ensure some 10/10 visuals.

>>Ignore the fandom. They're all fucking retards
aaaand you've just made your entire post pointless

youtu.be/odAeEqQTIrU
Right now the only game that looks even close to what I wish a modern Final Fantasy looked like isn't even a Final Fantasy game. I'm also very hyped for Octopath Traveler.

I don't care if the combat is turn based or action oriented, just make sure it has a bunch of different abilities to add some strategy to fights. Make sure you tell the entire story you can think of in one game (worry about sequels/movies later).
What makes Final Fantasy games fun to play is the character progression like FFV's job system, FFVII's materia system, or FFX's sphere grid system. Spend a lot of time on this.

>Remake the classics into better 3D? Complete overhaul?

Make more games like World of FF and less like FFXV

Ah, so Final Fantasy V then

>people suddenly like 12

Is it the marketing?

Keep developing atb from LR with remakes starting from 1 forward

What a horrifying thought

Turn based combat that's actually good and not just spamming multi-hit/multi-cast spells to break the damage cap

But gotta make games playable

remake the after years

>No Galuf
Why leaving out the best girl?

don't remind me ;_;