So, to recap what we learned from today's financial releases:

So, to recap what we learned from today's financial releases:

>Switch's first 10 months outsold PS4's first 12 months, globally.
>Super Mario Odyssey is only a few copies away from outselling Uncharted 4, Sony's best selling PS4 exclusive, after only two months
>Xenoblade 2 sold over a million copies in a single month already
>ARMS is about to outsell Pikmin
>Switch already outsold WiiU's lifetime sales - in just 10 month.

Jesus, Pokémon and Animal Crossing aren't even out yet!
Can the Switch hit 100m lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GBAukVbwTxQ
arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/10/updated-numbers-show-ps4-with-at-least-65-percent-of-two-console-market/
polygon.com/2017/12/7/16746222/ps4-sales-70-million-units
vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/3DS
amazon.com/gp/product/B074LRF639/ref=s9_acsd_newrz_hd_bw_b710gst_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=2HGD873JN2NB35A2K8PG&pf_rd_r=2HGD873JN2NB35A2K8PG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=13383fcd-a984-4438-a2f3-4286dd71368c&pf_rd_p=13383fcd-a984-4438-a2f3-4286dd71368c&pf_rd_i=6427871011
amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Neon-Blue-Red-Joy/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1517431373&sr=8-2&keywords=Nintendo+Switch&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>consolidate their console and handheld into one
>it sells well
shocker, DS+Wii did over 250m combined, and even Wii U+3DS did over 100m, Switch will come nowhere close

>WiiU+3DS
Lol, that makes it sound like the WiiU did a fair part of that.
The Switch has already outsold the WiiU entirely.

Mario always wins
Zeldshit BTFO

They're going to have to massively increase their software output if they want to continue success.

I can see it maybe hitting 80million max.

pokemon will skyrocket sales

>FE Warriors flopped

Wew. And it's dlc isn't even finished yet.

>no netflix
>no web browser
>no crunchyroll
>shit hardware

this console is low energy

Even Mario Kart stomps on Zeldshit.
Why has Zelda always been so overrated?
Mario Kart has never let its foot off Zeldshit's neck.

botw is a few hundred thousand copies from being the best selling zelda ever

it'll eventually sell 10 million

>and even Wii U+3DS did over 100m
Nope, Wii U is at 13.56 millions while 3DS is at 71.99, so they've sold 85.55 million units combined.

Did Link fuck your mom or something

Seriously this, Switch doesn't even have netflix, a good browser or a music streaming service.
Why would anyone buy this, all it has is a bunch of amazing games.

Why does anyone care about Netflix? Are you a cocksucking Marveldrone?

What did people expect? Ninty sent it out to die. It was never going to compete with Odyssey.

I hope developers who want to make games for the switch shift art-style from attempted-photo-realism to something more timeless

youtube.com/watch?v=GBAukVbwTxQ

>I want a general entertainment system, not a games console
Go buy an xbone

Switch will always be a secondary console to the PS4 just like N64 to PS1 and GameCube to PS2

>Can the Switch hit 100m lifetime?
LMAO! Nintendownies are at it again. I seriously hope someone is making screencaps of all this Nintendelusion.

Why would i care about that on a portable gaming device?

Why?
PC + Switch has like 98% of all games ever.
I agree if you have no PC I'd get a PS4 Pro first, but otherwise...

Of course it can. Everybody loves Nintendo, just in the last 5 years they stopped making good games. If they can keep it up, Nintendo might just be back to their former glory

PC fucking sucks, Sony has too many exclusives to ignore and multiplats already sell best on PS4

PS has always been the default multiplat platform

>and even Wii U+3DS did over 100m
No it didn't you complete fucking retard. Your basic math is terrible. The 3DS sold 70 million and the Wii U sold 12. That's not "over 100" that's 82. I know basic addition is hard for you but come the fuck on.

>PC fucking sucks
Stopped reading

Oh I'm eagerly awaiting that game (and thought it would be out by april. Damnation)
I loved the behind the music video too. It may be a spectacular soundtrack

>PC + Switch has like 98% of all games ever.
Lmao! Nintendicksuckers try to snuggle up the the Petition Compiling sloppy seconds console ports of the Redditor Masturbator Race AGAIN.

Lol, in hindsight those exact words could be said about everyone who thought the Switch would flop.

Multiplats and Western ganes in general have become corrupt by greed, games designed around microtransactions ad season passes, Western game design has been stagnant since 2010, nothing but sequels inferior to their predecessors, There's no reason to own a PC or Xbox all they have is multiplat trash you can find on PS4 anyway

And it still lost to a Mario Kart port.

I feel like that's the reason it's pretty successful. People don't have to buy two separate consoles and have separate each gen. It's the best deal you can get.

>15m in ten months
>90m in 60 months (5-years)

Doesn’t seem that far fetched

>meanwhile the PS4 numbers are the same as the PS4+Vita numbers

>not having a smart phone that already does all this

You must be brain dead to ask that question.

That doesn't even make sense since Disney is actively steering away from Netflix.

The reason it's successful is that it's a good product. You can play it handheld or on your TV. It has multiple extremely good exclusives including casual (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Odyssey) and core (BotW, Splatoon 2, XB2). It comes with two controllers for local multiplayer. The marketing is great and the product looks visually appealing. The only complaint someone could possibly have is if they're 14 and want the call of duty games to play with their "bros" after school.

>Can't praise Nintendo without mentioning Sony

They living in your head rent free

Watch Nintendo get pretentious due to all this success and start putting out shit no one wants and creating another fuck-up alà WiiU after Switch.

>paying for those services
Lmao.

Anyway the while the Switch is doing well enough without them, I don't see the problem with Nintendo adding them to the Switch since the other platforms have it too and it's just one more reason for normalfags to buy it, but it's Nintendo so who knows, I don't care either way.

Nah they cant fuck up any more. What they'll do is just start making incremental upgrades. That's what Sony/Microsoft wanted to do but no one bought the PS4 pro so they had to back out. What you'll see is a "Switch 2" which plays all Switch games plus some new exclusives. Then the "Switch 3" which plays all Switch and Switch 2 games plus some new exclusives, etc. It's smart because there will never be any game droughts due to backwards compatibility.

>switchlets and PS4fags are so desperate for exclusives that they spam muh sales in their every waking moment

I think I’d be pretty OK with that set-up.

If they do it like that I hope you can just keep the dock and only buy the console.

"spam muh sales in their every waking moment"
There are only two threads about the financial report, which released today. No one is spamming anything.

I am

but I'm an idort so I'm taking screens of both sides of the shitpost so I can mock whoever ends up being wrong.

Just give me Retro's game and Smash already and it's all good, baby

Be prepared for Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Arena of Valor. Shit's gonna get wild soon.

so will odyssey eventually. mario kart 8 deluxe will outsell odyssey

>Not owning a smart TV or PC
Admit it, you can't even afford thoae subscriptions anyway.

>Super Mario Odyssey is only a few copies away from outselling Uncharted 4, Sony's best selling PS4 exclusive, after only two months
Holy shit that shouldn't even be possible; Uncharted was the pack-in title during PS4's best holiday

Mario Kart hasn't won shit. BOTW cucked Odyssey hard at the GOTY awards too, cuck. Respect your bull.

I kinda get a feeling RETRO’s project is going to be disappointing..

Like when people were hopeful about Intellegent Systems new title and it turned out to be Code Name: STEAM..

What the FUCK bros I thought BotW was supposed to BTFO Mariofags!

Both are Nintendo IP's so it's still a win-win for Nintendo.

Is there any data on the number of Switch owners that also own a WiiU. That's a whole lotta Mario Kart sales for a game that had technically already been out for 3 years.

PS4 sold 16M in its first year

Not big surprise.

Codename STEAM was great though.

Who even thought that? Mario games always sell more than Zelda

I’m getting those vibes as well. We should have seen their next game 1-2 years ago already. They must be going through development hell, something is definitely wrong.

See
It's kinda weird.

Switch has been out for less than a year

It was ok I guess. Not really the game I wanted.

It happens when there are like only 10 games on Switch including multiplats.

>3D Land also saved the 3DS
You might be onto something, user.

Can’t be that many.

WiiU owners are the ones with the least incentives to purchase a Switch, both because the library is similar and because Nintendo fucked them.

To be fair they're really fucking good games and it's thanks to good marketing as well.

What?

The PS4 hit 13.5 million sales in 10.5 months, not 12 months

arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/10/updated-numbers-show-ps4-with-at-least-65-percent-of-two-console-market/

It also sold 20 million last year alone, who keeps making these threads and why do they keep ignoring these facts?

I guess that’s why every indie game that releases on the system sells more than on the other consoles.

but its no masterpiece

>Can the Switch hit 100m lifetime?

Way to early to tell.

pretty good

>It also sold 20 million last year alone
You're really, really fucking stupid. The only console to my knowledge to ever peak year 1 was the 3DS, because it had a $100 price drop. Every other console peaks a few years in. I don't know how many times you have to be told that comparing year 4 sales to year 1 sales is retarded.

also ps4 have already 2 prices drops, and in 2016 december was a bundle with uncharted 4 for 200 $, so of course ps4 sell a lot, so stfu.

>who keeps making these threads and why do they keep ignoring these facts?

Nintendorks recovering from the Wii U

>why do they keep ignoring facts?
You know you are on the most cancerous anonymous image board availabke to man, right?

imagine being this much of a Sony drone
>yeah it's outpacing the two best selling consoles, b-but it's going to slow down soon! y-you'll see!

Yes, it's better than that.

>post literal facts
>"STFU"
>"YOU'RE REALLY FUCKING STUPID"

polygon.com/2017/12/7/16746222/ps4-sales-70-million-units

Stay mad Nintendorks.

Is there a reason people keep ignoring the Switch being $100 cheaper than the PS4 was on release?

>tfw own a Switch but no Mario Odyssey
Time to join everyone else I guess.

The facts are that consoles do not peak in sales year 1. Even the Wii did not peak year 1, despite the craze going on for it. They peak later because they start getting bundles and price drops.

>The only console to my knowledge to ever peak year 1 was the 3DS, because it had a $100 price drop
Nope, last year was actually the best year for 3DS, even with the Switch cannibalizing some of its potential sales.

Been a while since I saw Sony-ponies being this shaky lmao

>it's currently outpacing Wii and PS4, due to its March release
>launching away from a holiday season somehow leads to higher sales
Why can't he just limit himself to stating facts?

>yeah it's outpacing the two best selling consoles, b-but it's going to slow down soon! y-you'll see!

Neither the Wii or PS4 are close to the best selling consoles.

The best selling consoles are the PS2 and DS respectively which both have 150 million sales+

>Is there a reason people keep ignoring the Switch being $100 cheaper than the PS4 was on release?
Yes, the reason is that the PS4 costs more to make so the profit margin is still probably similar.

Yes, because there's nothing to play after you finish Mario, Zelda and Xenoblade.
Debatable. Only two are "really fucking good".

This is some top-tier autism.

Same reason people ignore the fact that ps4 is $150 cheaper than Switch as we speak.

>Bloodborne

*Woomys your sales twice*

>less sales than the N64 and Gamecube

LMAO

Go for it, it’s better than BotW and deserved Goty imo

No, it wasn't, it just grew year-on-year compared to 2015 and 2016. The best year was indeed 2011, closely followed by 2012: vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/3DS

>selectively ignoring other facts to make your own sound stronger
W E W

What the fuck? ARMS sold 1.6 mil? The "flopped" thing really was a load of shit?

NOOOOOOOOOOO 2017 WAS SUPPOSED TO BY OUR YEAR

The Ps4 is still more expensive than the Switch

amazon.com/gp/product/B074LRF639/ref=s9_acsd_newrz_hd_bw_b710gst_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=2HGD873JN2NB35A2K8PG&pf_rd_r=2HGD873JN2NB35A2K8PG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=13383fcd-a984-4438-a2f3-4286dd71368c&pf_rd_p=13383fcd-a984-4438-a2f3-4286dd71368c&pf_rd_i=6427871011

$313

amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Neon-Blue-Red-Joy/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1517431373&sr=8-2&keywords=Nintendo+Switch&th=1

$299

>PS4 costs more to make so the profit margin is still probably similar.
Sony doesn't make any profit off of PS4 hardware sales. They make it up through software. Whereas Nintendo always positions their systems to make profit from hardware.