Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMLS1oQOxnM
youtube.com/watch?v=x1FvoFh3Dek
youtube.com/watch?v=t5ETV1UbG8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=f3d1nvKeTnU
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=b16tnHGYrEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know. Is this game good? How does this game play? I understand it can be played as a sort of splitscreen RTS, but I can't tell what the maps are like -- are they very small? Like all the action is on one screen at once?

The game can be described as a simplified RTS.
You can only directly control one character. This character works as your cursor with which you can build structures, recon the map and order your units to attack.
A match is usually very short, rarely exceeds 15 minutes with rather small maps and almost no micromanaging.

ANOTHER ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS

That sounds great. I was always terrible at RTS and I've been trying to teach myself how to approach them with some of the stripped-down titles out now like Northgard. But the big selling point for me on this game was the art and theme. I figured it would inevitably get a sale price, and over time I forgot to keep an eye on it.

The short matches had me a little worried for some reason, but I take it there's management etc. between missions on the campaign?

Learn what units counter what. When to expand, etc.

A good idea is to watch your match replays and see what your opponent did

No there is no management between missions. You get story but at the end of the day its essentially just going from one mission to the next. Honestly play a game like starcraft or warcraft 3 if you want an RTS. This game is interesting and even fun but I dont know it feels like this game was meant for a tablet in alot of ways. You control a mouse and it functionally works as well a mouse. Get it?

>but I take it there's management etc. between missions on the campaign?
Not really. Every mission has its distinct set of units you can use which never changes.
There is a hub world between missions but it only works as exposition.

So whats the biggest difference between using the lizards and using the squirrels?

Fuck the not-nazi campaign. Having 3 enemy heroes run circles around you summoning units everywhere while you're supposed to defend half of the map at the same time is bullshit.

Rushing one enemy first helped me with that mission.
The second one then usually gets destroyed by the third, so it ends as a 1vs1.

We are probably speaking about different missions, I mean the one where they have no bases, just 3 heroes running about putting down tunnels that summon singular dudes and you need to defend a number of campfires, it comes after the one you mean.

I mass spammed pillboxes on this mission.
During the first half evenly on all traders to maximize food output and during the second half I turtled at one with lots of pillboxes until the timer ran out.

Wrong mission again, you don't get pillboxes on that one. It's the one where you get the bombardment thingy, something-sugar. I'm probably retarded, but it's the most annoying mission in the game for me.

Ah that one.
Yeah fuck that mission.

Sup Forums lied to me, was expecting some good RTS all I get is dumbed down pikmin

>communist overtones
into the trash

Well I mean it takes place in a sort of weird animal russian civil war. So you could have fun killin commies. Notin wrong wit dat.

God tier soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=nMLS1oQOxnM
>1:53

Why not just start eating the fucking grain? Half of those fuckers aren't even full carnivores.

I want to befriend a piggo.

barbed wire helps a bunch, don't fall for the artillery meme, shit takes way too long to set up

agreed, honestly i think it's top 5 osts of 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=x1FvoFh3Dek

there's some societal stigma against that, it's considered barbaric to eat the "food of beasts"

I mean, encircled soldiers IRL made soups out of their own leather boots and tree bark. Hunger is a good way of completely erasing any societal limitations placed upon someone, staying alive is more important than that. In Tooth and Tail they just jump straight to cannibalism.

I wonder when we'll be getting a proper complexified RTS

>shills
>Sup Forums

We got several over the last years, no one plays them because nostalgiafags would rather replay same games they already know.

I put the game down because a few of the stages were unreasonably difficult.
It’s been patched a few times to nerd them so I really should go back and retry it.
I really like the setting but wish they did more work on the in game graphics, not just use pixel art.

I’ve never had success with squirrels, rushing with lizards every time works better imo

youtube.com/watch?v=t5ETV1UbG8Q
I prefer this one.

name one that isn't grey goo (terrible)

Act of Aggression
Cossacks 3
Dawn of War 3

>That one snow level with the barbed wire
Before it was patched that level was a nightmare.

But you get to fight Commies as cultist nutjobs, AnCaps, and Tsarina loyalists

Make snakes.

I'll give you 50% of Act of Aggression because I don't know for sure that that one sucks.

The campaign levels lack in strategical freedom in general, the devs designed them like puzzles instead of leaving them somewhat open ended.

The antepenultimate level of the Civilized is complete artificial difficulty.
The level seems ridiculously hard at first but it's completely easy once you realize that you just have to spam balloon snipers before you start building your army.

That one is the suckiest of the three. Fucking Eugen can't design a campaign to save their life.

Also Northgard if you're into "comfy" aspects of RTS games.

I really did not expect that ending twist

You’ve never read Animal farm.

I did, so its weird that I did not saw that twist coming
So are all four factions completely dead at the end?

>Austin Wintory
Perfect taste

pretty sure the only reason Journey got as much love as it did was because the soundtrack was aces

I wanna fug this farmhand

I ragequit the game and haven't read that book, what's the twist? Do piggus rebel and kill everyone?

>playing shitty, casualized, and furfag games

The book's real short and it's one that you can lord over other people because it's like entry level ""serious literature"" and it's not even awful. Just read it real quick.

They got PORKED.

The entire civil war was secretly instigated by the swine to weaken every faction. In the last mission each faction goes on a last suicide mission versus the other three. The last faction standing then gets ambushed by a huge army of swine.

>check e621
>only three pics of her
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

So its basically a furry version of Lock's Quest?

>mfw I realize my cursor is literally a mouse

So it's basically a console RTS, the kind where the only strategy is blobbing.

The real tragedy is the lack of female characters getting porked after the ending.

Too defensive turtling may actually lead to your defeat.
There is only one resource in the game which is finite. Once you have no resource acquisition anymore you will lose the game, forcing you to acquire more mills which produce the resource. It's possible to beat your enemy by attrition alone
Too aggressive expansion however may be a waste of resources because the mills can easily be destroyed by the enemy if they are left unguarded.

That's kinda boring. In a "rocks fall everyone dies" sorta way. I guess they didn't really plan to make sequels anyway.

I think the developers once said that they will eventually add a coop campaign.
The ending is kept vague, no one really knows if the factions are completely dead in the end.

I was taking most of that for granted, in most RTS game you win by having more resources than your oponent anyways.
I'm talking about blobs of units, it seems like you lack the ability to easily control different groups of units.

The micro is simplistic in comparison to other RTS games, but it's till very important to be able to play well.

The game seems to rely more on the composition of your army instead of micromanaging the units you have.
A blob of low tier units will be completely decimated against one skunk which in turn gets completely destroyed by a fox which then gets completely destroyed by a blob of low tier units.
You need to adapt your army to the army of your enemy.
The creation of your army seems to be a bigger part in the gameplay than the battle itself.

secret enemies are jews

as always

Is this game actually full of commie shit or is it just aesthetics?

Piggos should have been allied with the commies, it would go well with the Russian civil war aesthetic and made for a better ending

It's just one of the factions, you have fascists, capitalists and religious guys too.

Not really.
There are four factions, one of them are basically commies, but over the course of the game every faction is shown to be full of hypocrites. Especially regarding the swine.

It's not that simple.
In fact, it's got enough complexity that the forever SP guys still get their asses drilled by industrial sized dildoes when they show up online to slowly build up a base.

So who was in the wrong here?

Nah. Commonfolk are commie types, but you also have Ancaps, Theocrats, and Fascists, and they really don't play favorites or portray one side as objectively right.

That sounds more like lack of dexterity.

I find it hilarious.
People complain about RTS games getting dumbed down yet they can't even manage to wipe their ass in some of the most basic ones ever to be made.

It's like people who complain about the fighting game inputs and then get their ass ravaged in DiveKick. Or like that legendary imbecile in Rising Thunder.

Those people mostly mean single player campaigns, not actual game mechanics. Same people proceed to post screenshots of their "comfy" bases and complain about e-sports ruining the genre forever.

>that sounds great
Fucking casuals

You sure about that?

So the Reds are the communists, the Blues are the capitalists, the Greens are the fascists and the Yellows are the religious?

Yeah

K.S.R for not sugar bombing everyone to hell

Basically yeah.
Each faction has a different type of music when you play as them, but they are functionally the same in multiplayer.

That seems convenient for balance.

Nah, it's still a shitshow with moles bum rushing everyone.

Never has a problem with moles.
Skunks on the other hand wipe my entire army

ssssssoo.... Monster Hunter world is just Dark Souls X Jurassic Park.

any opinion on this "just like dark souls" craze?

is there decent singleplayer?

youtube.com/watch?v=f3d1nvKeTnU

Nope, the single player levels are constructed like puzzles, especially later into the game - you have to figure out one winning strategy instead of having freedom with what you do. If you fuck up you're dead. It's definitely not for people who are into "comfy" RTS games.

The singleplayer is enjoyable, though some missions will bust your balls

The mission really vary in difficulty. Some are completely easy and some are unfairly hard.
Multiplayer is decent though.

sounds miserable desu. I like the idea of the game but I don't want to play a competitive RTS, they come down to learning a meta and nothing more.

I unironically thought Journey was a beautiful experience.
I even got a fan mail from someone when I helped him through the entire game, showed him all the pickups that I could and waited if he fell or lagged behind, said it was an amazing time.
Absolutely comfy as fuck.
>tfw youtube.com/watch?v=ypNgvc6c6Cc

youtube.com/watch?v=b16tnHGYrEw