Dark souls 3 is the goat of the series

dark souls 3 is the goat of the series.

people complain that the world is too similar to ds1 and that it’s combat is too similar to bloodborne. those same people praise bloodborne for its combat and praise ds1 for its world.

where’s the logic?

It fails to do either of those things as well as its predecessors.

Your logic is faulty. I, too, think DSIII is the best in the series, but because it's like a mix of DeS and DSII.

>people complain that the world is too similar to ds1

No they don't. They complain that it's quite literally five swamps + icy londo.

High Wall Of Lothric doesn't count? Undead Settlement?

>combat is too similar to bloodborne
People complain that the bosses are too similar to Bloodborne. But since your moveset is still the same as every other souls game, those two things don't match up well together.

This. DSIII should've given you more evade options and more shield options.

>literally five swamps + icy londo

what is Lothric Castle?
what is Archdragon Peak?
what is Catacombs of Carthus?
what is Undead Settlement?

try again retard

Ds1 is the best but you are right its the 2nd best. And once DSIV comes out people will stop saying it sucks.
But it truly is awesome
>best bosses
>weapons arts (you dont have to use em so fuck off with that)
>variety of weapons and armor

Though the warping and linear is kinda lame BUT linear =/= bad

Also gitgud

the speed of combat, i should have said

Besides the abyss watchers, I have no idea what the fuck to do or go. I just found the Crystal sage boss which I can't fucking beat. No summon signs to help with the Watchers or Sage. I don't know if it's my character or my ability to play this game. But I'm losing interest fast. Thinking about starting a new character.

Too many bonfires, the game was much easier than dark souls 2 despite dark souls 2 shoving a million different healing options at you

Ds3s bosses are nothing like BBs
As BB there is not a single memorable or fun boss fight whereas DS3 has the most memorable and fun boss fights so theyre the polar opposites.
But BB is the best way to play souls so i now 2H everything fuck parry babies.
If you did not sell your gun in BB youre a pleb. If you dont parry for fun in ds youre a pleb

the warping is the only thing i dislike about ds3. if they had connected the world the way they did in ds1 this game would be 11/10

The world's nothing like DaS1. DaS1 world is well designed, has many paths and shortcuts interconnected everywhere and you have to walk by foot you can't teleport out at will.

For the first 1/4th of the game you mean. Then you hit Anor Londo, and that goes out the window.

bonfires could have definitely been more spaced out, and the linearity is kind of annoying. but besides that, this game is everything souls players love and want.

but nostalgia is a hell of a drug

I usually see complaints about linearity and I'm inclined to agree. Beating the Dancer and the DSA right away only to discover that 2kat is locked behind 3 LoCs was heartbreaking. DS3 is polished as hell but has tons of small flaws that pile up over multiple playthroughs, I even played 2 for longer. 3 was the first Souls game that I couldn't be bothered to platinum.

no they fucking dont
ds3 is too linear, too fast, too gray, and has too many bonfires

more like first half but whatever, yeah after that the game goes full retard with its level design, and this kind of shit design/no pressure/you can teleport anywhere so we won't bother making a credible world never stopped after DaS1

The first half of DaS1 is literally the best content in the series

inb4 Dark Souls Remastered adds bonfire teleportation from the beginning and everyone throws a shitfit

half? Fuck no. It's pretty much just the first couple of areas. After which it goes back to how it was in DeS and DS3.

Honestly I hope it does and I hope they do. I hope FROM implements the invasion rules from DS3 as well.

the level design in ds3 is pretty great even if ALL of the levels aren’t interconnected.

the individual areas themselves are amazing though and a lot of them have the interconnectedness of ds1, it’s just within the levels and not throughout the whole world. Lothric castle is an excellent example.

1.Firelink Shrine
2.Undead Burg
3.Undead Parish
4.Darkroot Garden
5.Darkroot Basin
6.Depths
7.New Londo Ruins
8.Blighttown
9.Sen's Fortress

--- Anor Londo

1.The Duke's Archives
2.Crystal Cave
3.Demon Ruins
4.Lost Izalith
5.The Catacombs
6.Tombs of Giants
7.Kiln of the first flame

bloodborne is shit so it doesnt even matter. 1 > 3 > 2 > DeS > Kings Field > 15fpsborne

Sens fortress hardly count as interconnected. It has 1 entrance and an exit point on the other end.

Would say the depths is the same.

DaS3 is a good game but it's not as good as DaS1 or BB, it's an in-between mixture of ideas and mechanics and the new mechanics and ideas it adds are not as good as the previous games new ones.

ok but stil we're far from "the first couple of areas"

look at this map and just about how Firelink Shrine is the very first area you're in post-tutorial.

now think about the first area post-tutorial in any other souls game and where you can go from there.

This alone should make you realize why DaS1 is so great

dukes archives + crystal cave = 1 level
catacombs + tomb of giants = 1 level
demon ruins + lost izalith = 1 level

idk why people consider the part after you get the lord vessel to be a whole half of the game. i’d say up to anor londo is 75% of the game. and dukes archives is great. the only shit tier level is demon ruins/lost izalith. catacombs/tomb of giants is fine and so is new londo. so 90% of the games level design is great.

found the pc fag

The levels in themselves may be great but they're symptomatic of the kind of linearity we got for the rest of the series, this is why I don't like them as much. Levels in the first one don't even feel like levels, it's just areas you're passing through while finding your way. Post-Anor Londo it's just levels, with a clear goal: get the Lord souls and you can TP almost anywhere anytime, no sense of wonder or discovery or being lost in an hostile world.

>now think about the first area post-tutorial in any other souls game and where you can go from there.

DeS has 5 options after 1-1. SotFS has 4 options after the forest. That aspect of the Souls games was actually well maintained until 3 dropped the ball.

>finally saved up and bought a good rig
>just now getting into souls
>really enjoy it a lot even though I don't really know what I'm doing
>guarantee I'm missing all sorts of stuff, have to look up how to get past certain parts, but whatever
>every time I see one of these threads it's nothing but top tier bitch fest
>x game is too different from y game
>x game is too similar to y game

Am I gonna turn into you fucking queers if I keep playing these?

well said user

I can see where you're coming from but I think that's the point. You can only have aimless wandering and exploration for so long in a game like this, eventually you need to hit dead ends that complete your objectives so you can finish it. I'm not sure how else they could have designed the later segments of the game. I'm just glad we got the sense of exploration and wonder in the first place, it was a big step up from the literal linear levels in Demon's.

Yes, Souls breeds autism and you'll be stuck in the vortex for months or years.

>what is Lothric Castle?
drangelic castle but worse
>what is Archdragon Peak?
dragon aerie but worse
>what is Catacombs of Carthus?
depths but worse
>what is Undead Settlement?
new londo but worse

>I'm not sure how else they could have designed the later segments of the game.
Maybe have the final boss accessible from the start but you actually have to gather some sort of power through all the other interconnected areas to challenge him in a fair fight?

I'm not an expert on Metroidvania but that's basically how it's like right?

they praise the non-linearity of ds1. The problem with datk souls 3 is that its pretty linear, so its not as fun to replay.

That's not usually how it goes. I haven't played much Metroid but in Castlevania games you're usually gaining new powers from bosses, then backtracking across the entire castle so you can reach a door you couldn't get to before, kill boss and get a new power, then backtrack all the way across to the other side again so you can get over a gap you couldn't cross before, kill boss, new power, backtrack, repeat a billion times, then finally you unlock whatever it was to get to the final boss.

The way Souls games handle it is actually a lot better because there's not nearly as much pointless backtracking. I love Castlevania but it can get pretty annoying after a while.