Why does Sup Forums never discuss this perfect 10/10 masterpiece...

Why does Sup Forums never discuss this perfect 10/10 masterpiece? Is it because Sup Forums has a grudge against open-world games, or is it because of Aloy's armpits?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12/27/playstation-developers-pick-their-favourite-games-of-2017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's literally feminist garbage and the protagonist looks like a monkey's rear end

>Aloy's armpits
Post them

What game?

who is this boy?

Horizon is a good game but I hate how designers are forced to appeal to SJWs now, they could have made an iconic protagonist if they wanted

>Is it because Sup Forums has a grudge against open-world games
Its because its a Sony exclusive. That's the only reason to hate it
It's genuinely a good game, but admittedly still suffers from the usual pitfalls when it comes to open world games.

I just got the dlc for this game and I forgot how gorgeous it is. The snow on the ground is the best looking snow I've ever seen in a videogame, with how you and the machines leave footsteps / slide marks etc on it

>a good game

Literally looks better than the MonHun lass, you'll have to jump through hoops better than that now

the game looks nice but it's generic and boring. the story, characters, and gameplay are uninspired

Yes it is. You should try it.
I dont know why people would deprive themselves of playing games out of brand loyalty..

>Horizon is a good game
It's not, really.

the gameplay (combat / exploration) is awesome and the graphics are way better than just nice

Oh yeah let me just invest 800 dollaroos because some shill told me a game was good :^)

Its on PS4 not a PC equivalent to run it, mate

So how much of the modern game design checklist does this game have anyway? I already see the bow and know its open world, but just how generic is it really?

>the story is uninspired
It's an arabic magical sci-fi with robot dinosaurs. What's inspired exactly
Also, gameplay is solid, please elaborate your critique, especially of combat. Never heard anyone make actual points about how it's not fun

>he's baiting

As generic as Witcher 3.

You seen what happens to bloodborne threads? Console exclusives don't get to do shit here.

i would agree if the character models' faces weren't so stiff and ugly

Yeah, exactly my point, mate.

It is, just because leditendo invaded Sup Forums to shit on every Sony exclusive game doesn't mean every game is trash now. Game is actually pretty good in hard difficult, I just wish this game wasn't exclusive so I could talk about it without so much autism, just like happened with Hellblade

Do you live in Brazil or Aus or some other shitty third world country?

Aloy bless

>this blatant shilling
Shameless.

>Asking a nintenshill to talk about a game they didn't play
user...

>Also, gameplay is solid, please elaborate your critique, especially of combat. Never heard anyone make actual points about how it's not fun
i'm still at the early part of the game, all you do is whack stuff with a spear, you have only two moves and no lock on. the other sub weapons are useful but it's a hassle fighting all the random robots running around when you're exploring

>feminist
You didn't play the game and neither did I but this midriff says otherwise. Feminazis would be throwing a huge shitfit over this not just because it's exposed but also because is not pudgy

>shitting on 70% of your consumer-base
That's a bad tactic shill.

Since you're calling people a shills just for talking about the game while you're trolling it. Let me go all in:

“I was amazed by the quality of the graphics and the art style, deep story, stealth tactics, and combat were all top notch making everything run in perfect unison.” Fumihiko Yasuda, Director, Team Ninja (Nioh)

“The game offered a real sense of place, with the robot machines some of the best gaming foes we’ve seen in years.” Steve Goss, Director of Design, Supermassive Games (Hidden Agenda)

“I’m a huge fan of the Killzone games so I’m always looking forward to anything they make but this game still surprised me on many levels. Great narrative, gorgeous visuals and animation, and really really tight combat mechanics. Absolutely outstanding.” James Valls, Senior Producer, Rebellion (Sniper Elite 4)

“A lot of western mecha designs can feel as though they lack detail to Japanese audiences, but the mecha designs in this game are surprisingly intricate, incorporating elements of anime and sci-fi films. I felt a bit threatened knowing that designs like this are coming out of western studios!” Yoko Taro, Director, Platinum Games (Nier: Automata)

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12/27/playstation-developers-pick-their-favourite-games-of-2017/

Quality posts from a highly informed individual

Is the combat just as bad?

>dialogue wheel
>shitty cut-scenes animations
>third person shooting
>craft on the go
>roll
>setting traps
>wheel of weapons/ammo
>muh realist faces
>character talking to herself
>stealth grass
>stupidly comical AI
etc etc...

>nintenfag detected
Bloody hell
Bloody hell
Bloody hell
Bloody hell
Bloody hell

>feminist garbage
>the "Matriarchy" are portrayed as complete retards

You didn't play the game did you?

The faces are fine. It's an open world game with one million hours of dialog; not every little line or facial expression is gonna be motion captured. People act like it's ME:A tier when its nowhere near that bad

>this perfect 10/10 masterpiece
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Its the usual, shoot arrow at thing until it dies.
But it's more varied than that. You can also lay traps, make robots fight each other and there other weapons besides the bow.

Youtube doesn't count user, gameplay in high difficult is cool

>52:38
>53:57
1:25min response time and you had all that on the ready.
You sure showed me.

>but also because is not pudgy

wtf I love feminists now

Why the fuck are you saying the story is uninspired if you're still in the tutorial area user.
Also, every time people say combat is bad they talk about the spear. What is this even about, it's supposed to be a bow and arrow game. That's like saying Halo is bad because punching enemies isn't fun. It's not a melee game user, it's a shooter/hunter game. You're only supposed to use the spear when you're out of ammo and cornered. How the fuck are you playing this with a spear

>all you do is whack stuff with a spear
What difficulty? Also the spear is a backup weapon, it's not very fleshed out, the bow is where the combat shines

why did child Aloy have down syndrome?

no it's actually way better and more fun than the combat in any other open world RPG.
MHW kinda reminds me of it actually, except it's ranged-focused and the "monsters" hold their ground instead of retreating to their nests

Think what you want, mate.
You seem to have a set agenda and purposely shitting on games instead of playing them

Ironic.

I wouldnt call it 10/10, but its solid 8/10 with dlc for me

It looks like a repetitive open world collectathon
Will buy it on special eventually, when I have nothing else to play

I just don't play females in games. Shame too because the game looks awesome.

It'd be like reading a book where the main character is a girl. Feels fucken faggy and unrelatable. Also I'm a little sexist and always see any strong female as pure nonsense.

Kingdom Come has better graphics

You'll eventually get a better Ropecaster, the better slings with the better elemental bombs, and that one bow that has arrows that have like 200 Tear. Early on in the game using fire arrows on Sawtooths is basically as advanced as it gets, later on when you're fighting things like Thunderjaws, Fireclaws, and Stormbirds by locking them down and then firing at their weak spots. A vast majority will always be sneaking and stabbing things to death, using the spear as an actual weapon is a waste of time and will more often than not get you killed since encounters are always with multiple robots (Unless you aren't playing on the high difficulties to get any challenge out of the game at all) and even when you have a 27% mod thrown on the thing and Slyne's Spear it still barely hits for more damage than a single arrow from the Shadow or DLC bows.

Using the traps are never worth it though, enemies constantly avoid them and you can afflict the same effects with bombs or arrows ten times faster. Make sure you do the DLC when you hit around 20 as well, the chargable bows they give you do the most damage in the game.

>switch tactics

you'd think Sony could afford some higher quality shit what with how amazing Uncharted's characters look and emote. open world games like Red Dead and GTA have awesome character expressions as well. at least in its major cutscenes could they have put in more expressive faces and movements

Bought this game for my gf, she likes it a lot
Seems beautiful, she doesn't have any gripes because she's more of a casual gamer but I have a few.
The combat is kind of clunky, melee attacks feel slow and punishing if you don't time them right
There is stealth elements but they're entirely dependent on hiding in red tall grass
Admittedly I am not as in touch with the story because I haven't played much but it seems pretty under developed, i can't help but compare it to skyrim an de i just don't see much captivating story lines in the game.
I can't quite pinpoint but the bow and arrow weapons feel not right, like there needs to be an aim assist for it. It kinda sucks being charged at by 4 robot monsters and half my arrows miss them entirely.
The climbing is pretty botched, there's a lot of terrain that should be climbable but simply isn't.
This is all nitpicking tho, it's a really pretty open world game, it's fairly challenging as well and feels rewarding when you complete quests
I'll prob buy future games by the developer

>Using the traps are never worth it though
Jesus tell me about it. They just take up space in my inventory and I have boxes full of the stuff too

How much is it worth? $20?

Blame (((them))) for trying to put pedo themes whenever they can

the fuck are you talking about

thanks for the tips

why did you think that looks good

>that one guy still in denial after all those months, spamming the thread
Just let it go.

What can you expect from a test tube baby created by a malfunctioning AI using DNA samples hundreds of years old

> Horizon Zero Awards.

Will they make a sequel? Sequels are usually better.

>AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA

in Uncharted and other linear games, they can record and motion-capture every little line of dialog because there is just so much less of it. In games like HZD and The Witcher and Mass Effect, they create cutscenes / conversations much more quickly in a timeline editor.

Maybe they'll make a prequel. Prequels are usually better.

>I can't quite pinpoint but the bow and arrow weapons feel not right,
The bows can be a bit finicky in the heat of the moment. You have a quick bow and then a slower war bow. You're supposed to pull back all the way for it to be most effective.
Granted it annoys the living shit when I use a precision arrow and I miss by a pixel anyway.

Since you're obviously a poo in loo, I'll break it down your strategy.
You start off the thread talking positively about it - as seen in the OP, you continue to reinforce this idea that the game is actually good throughout the thread in spite of any replies you may get.
You'll try and paint any shill-detectors as "silly" by saying "yeah I'm totally a shill, look how I'm shilling" (I am SILLY) When it fails you swap tactics to "blend in" where you state "well it's not a perfect game, but.." as seen here And now you're swapping tactics again to one of innocence, because as long as the guise of anonymity is upheld you can keep doing this.

someone post the cuck who's too cuck'd to go adventuring

What kind of DLC options are there?

Taken in a vacuum, the game is alright.
But since it came out in a world where there have been a dozen Asscreeds, Shadow of Mordor, Shadow of War, Watch_Dogs 1 and 2, Red Dead Redemption and I don't know how many other games of the same formula, if you played more than two of these I don't see how you can get anything new out of this game.
I'd argue that HZD is one of the best of these casual Asscreed-esque games. And I think there is nothing wrong with a game being casual, at least not in this case.
If I met a person who has never played a videogame in his life and I would want to ease him into it, I can see myself recommending HZD as his first game. It's accessible and straightforward, but has enough varied content to keep anyone engaged.
It's a good game, all things considered. It's just not innovative in the slightest, and I think they didn't ever try to be. Some things are plain fucked up though, like the treasure chest reward system which feels underwhelming every single time. You could blindly throw away every item reward you ever get in this game except for the hunter's lodge weapon and the gameplay would not change a bit.

A sequel around Enduring Victory would be interesting.

going from Witcher 3 to this didn't help its case

Does this game have anisotropic filtering?

with the DLC, I'd say about $40 now.
I put like 200 hours into it before the DLC even came out, but I'm one of those masochists who started playing it on ultra hard from the beginning. I just had to farm all the best weapons and the best mods

For being a new IP it did pretty good against a classic IP like Zelda

What were they thinking, sexualizing por Dewey?
Bitch is so ugly it's gross

You do realize you're talking to two different people here, right?

It's a shame the player character isn't fun to look at, though.

Because I've played it and know how good this game looks on 4k tv with hdr, sorry you cant say that for yourself

In short, how does this game compare to Skyrim?

>And now you're swapping tactics again to one of innocence, because as long as the guise of anonymity is upheld you can keep doing this.

Someone post that new aloy fucking animation.

Go back to your containment board, holy shit.

>tfw can't change aloy's skin to play as brown skin waifu

Why make the main character unattractive on purpose, though?

Its more like far cry than skyrim

Oh shit grendel, someone call beowulf

It's just like Skyrim except the only character you can play as is an ugly dyke, who is the chosen one to save the world.

>Will buy it on special eventually, when I have nothing else to play
Don't pay more than like $20-30ish even for the Complete version. It's an alright game but it doesn't go past being alright, there's like three characters you give a damn about (Rost, Elizabet, Sylens) with a couple other characters along the way (Avad and Erend mainly), Aloy is a very mixed bag as a character since sometimes she's okay but most of the time you'd rather be listening to any other character, she's pretty much at her best when you're doing the main story and discovering stuff about the Old Ones rather than the new stuff which is just the most boring thing ever. The gameplay is fun but you can buy some of the best weapons pretty early on for barely anything at all, a lot of the endgame enemies are better dealt with just tied to the ground, and if you don't like how games like Assassin's Creed or Far Cry do wandering around and collecting things you're probably going to get a bit annoyed.

I don't mean the ones you can place from the inventory, I mean the ones from the Tripcaster. The ones you place are even more useless than those though, yeah.

Expansion pack that's about 10-20 hours. It's also pretty rough and hands you the best weapons in the game.

That's a very good looking game. Is it the best looking game since Uncharted 3?

Its actually kinda sad that you think anybody who talks positively about a game you didnt play is liked by people who actually did play it

Retard, that was my first post in thread and I didnt even read. Holy shit, post like yours is reason why I just comment and leave.

I don't like the game. seek help. inb4 mental gymnastic to justify your retardation

I paid 30 for the compete edition, I like the game but I wouldn't pay more than that for the game+dlc

I don't care if she is ugly, you can be ugly and look like a woman. This is clearly forced to make Aloy look like a teenage boy because (((they))) still insist to use this fucking propaganda over and over and over. A shitty decision because as a new ip protagonist should have a good design