What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_(video_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=z3ITlVly700
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The inexorable passage of time.

The writer left then they fired marty

No MS to keep them in line

Aren't most of the people that made halo great gone? I can't imagine destiny is from the same group of people because that gameplay is so fucking mediocre.

They were tired of le evil greedy Micro$oft hold thing down making them do something they were good at and decided to get freedom by joining fucking Activision. You know the company that fired Marty O'Donnel and shitcanned their first attempt of a not halo games story because it was too "complicated" and retarded bell curve normie heads would hurt.

Didn't we just go over this?

Halo happened

Halo is what made them something though. Their last game was some shit weeb game made by americans.

It consolized FPS, whose effects are still visible in present day FPS games.
Plus, Bungie became almost synonymous with Halo. Sure, it's good to be popular because of a game series but at the same time they stopped caring about making other games. They made the Myth games ffs.

Better than another faggy e-celeb thread.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_(video_game)

Educate yourself.

Because all they can do now is make Halo.
First chance they make a new IP and they male a Halo clone.

activision

Halo Reach, in 2010 their management went to shit.

>Because all they can do now is make Halo
Exactly my point.

>phoneposter brings the poor man's iDoom
Pottery.

Not an argument. Halo wasn't the game that got them noticed. It was the game that got them noticed by casuals.

>mac owners
>not the casualest casuals of normieland
Dumb phoneposter.

Microsoft destroyed their creativity.

I wonder what halo 2 would of been like had it of been finished.

>whose effects are still visible in present day FPS games.
Aside from off-hand melee and grenades, not really.

Bungie's management did that to themselves in 2010.

Probably incredible

Probably worse. Halo was at its best when limited time constraints didn't allow for Bungie to "fix" the multiplayer.

Halo 3 ended up being better than Halo 2 in every way so that statement really doesn't hold up. Halo Reach was dog shit not because they got more time but because the team that made it didn't care about what they were making.

The multiplayer was so much worse. Halo 3 only has the benefit of user-created content. Everything else was a step down.

They were always shit

Not even close, Halo 2 was a broken pile of shit.

The broken glitches in halo2 is what made it fun though.

And Halo 3 was worse. Worse weapons, worse movement, worse maps, worse FOV, worse ranking system.

I think halo 3's multiplayer was good because of the community it had.

They made it a pile of shit.

Halo 3 is what Halo 2 should have been a game that was better at everything, you Halo 2 babies need to drink bleach, Halo 2 as an insult after Halo CE.

The founders were idiots. I like Jones and Seropian, but they were not good managers / project leads. You can see in their games prior to Halo: CE that they were all over the place with their interests and attempting to reconcile various things they liked into a single format. They got incredibly lucky with Halo: CE, which itself was several different genres before becoming what it was, and didn't even have multiplayer until the last few months of development. And with in Halo 2 they fucked up a number of things demonstrating that their understanding of what made Halo: CE so good was poor.

Then you have Destiny, a complete abortion that Jones conceived of during Halo 2's development. No doubt he lost interest in Halo after he came up with it which is why every Halo after slowly went downhill.

No it didn't, triple shots and quad shots is what ruined the game in general.

The community also had a lot to do with it. My point being that Halo 3's only benefits were features outside of the actual gameplay.
I don't even like Halo 2, but it's still better than 3. It's pretty much the same game, but everything is slower and more random.

It made up for the BR being so much weaker than the Pistol.

shitposting and uninformed opinions based on what they experienced over a decade ago aside, bungie has a serious upper management problem

serious yes man culture because they think theyre hot shit because they worked at bungie during the halo days. they are incompetent and actively hinder development of better ideas in order to push their own despite most of the department knowing theyre bad ideas.

Still, it isn't fun when some faggot just ends you in two sweeps because you aren't a tweaking basement dweller.

Firing all their talent in an autistic rage.

>It isn't fun when you lose to people better than you are.
That's pretty much what you said.

same thing that happens with every big developer over time. the old guard that actually made the company famous all left and got replaced by untalented yes men and under qualified feminists and minorities

>It's pretty much the same game
Spoken like a faggot who barely plays the series, stick to shitty Doom clones on the Apple Mac.

Yes, it was Halo 2
>fucked up single-use weapons for dual wielding
>fucked up vehicle combat with Rockets that target vehicles
>got ruined by glitches
>hackers fucked the game up more with derankings and ranking their selves in the 50s
>if a team gets the power weapon the other team lost
>SMG starts
>infinite Sword
>melee longe is huge
>massive hit boxes and hit detection
>largest aim assist in the series
>Elites sucked in mp
>no way to dodge the Plasma Pistol overcharge
>Needler was a disgrace

>better
They wouldn't be shit without that fucking glitch and you know it.

I mean, they're still landing those four shots on you for a kill. It would be even easier without having to nail a button combo at the same time. But keep making excuses and trying to put down people who win against you, gotta protect that fragile ego. He's not better, he just has no life, right?

They literally are the same multiplayer, but Halo 3 is just a balance patch that fixes some glitches and nerfs every weapon for no reason.

They fired Marty

I think Halo Reach has a fuck load of potential on PC.

>Halo 3 is just a balance patch that fixes some glitches and nerfs every weapon for no reason
Because Halo 2 was a broken pile of shit, I see you completely ignored my list that I made for another user on why Halo 2's mp was shit compared to Halo CE and Halo 3.

You know people use rapid fire controllers right?

Reach never had potential to begin with.

The only bad things about halo 3 were the addition of equipment which through off weapon balance and the campaign wasn't memorable (except for the last couple missions)

>>fucked up single-use weapons for dual wielding
Halo 3 did make the dual weapons better, but spawned you with an AR that took like 19 bullets to kill out of a 32-round mag.
>>fucked up vehicle combat with Rockets that target vehicles
While 3 fucked up vehicle combat with an instakill hitscan weapon
>>got ruined by glitches
3 was ruined by derankers and second accounts.
>>hackers fucked the game up more with derankings and ranking their selves in the 50s
That has more to do with the console, and not the actual game.
>>if a team gets the power weapon the other team lost
Even more of a thing in 3, with how weak the starting weapons are. Even the BR has a hard time fighting snipers with all of the random spread it has.
>>SMG starts
AR starts
>>melee longe is huge
Melees in 3 killed in 2 hits no matter what.
>>massive hit boxes and hit detection
Halo 3 had even worse hit detection. Even on LAN.
>>Elites sucked in mp
>dinofags

All Microsoft did was rush them and guess what it worked!

Look how long it took them to release Destiny without Microsoft pushing them to hurry up.

Those weren't nearly as prevalent in 2004-2007. If you wanted to quad shot, you had to git gud and learn the combo.

>The only bad things about halo 3 were the addition of equipment
And the BR spread, and the weak grenades, and the overpowered melee, and the bad maps with a ton of shitty gimmicks on them, and the move speed, and nerfing every weapon from Halo 2 after they were all nerfed from Halo 1.

I'm just saying that I knew a lot of people who admitted that they were using one back in the day.Either way, the glitch should of been fixed from the start.

not everyone, and certainly not the majority.
your ego that fragile that you have to tell yourself that the only reason you lose is because the other team was cheating or basement dwellers(i.e better than you)?

>Halo 3 did make the dual weapons better, but spawned you with an AR that took like 19 bullets to kill out of a 32-round mag.
AR was better than Halo 2's SMG
>While 3 fucked up vehicle combat with an instakill hitscan weapon
Halo 3 had the best use of vehicles in the series
>3 was ruined by derankers and second accounts.
But didn't play like a unfinished broken mess
>That has more to do with the console, and not the actual game.
It had more to do with Halo 2 being unfinished
>Even more of a thing in 3, with how weak the starting weapons are. Even the BR has a hard time fighting snipers with all of the random spread it has.
You can still win a match in Halo 3, in Halo 2 the SMG fucks you up
>AR starts
We've already been through this, SMG starts were worse
>Melees in 3 killed in 2 hits no matter what.
While the game still had melee longes, they weren't anywhere near as bad as Halo 2's
>Halo 3 had even worse hit detection. Even on LAN.
True but Halo 2 got ruined due to hit boxes being so big and insane aim assist
>dinofags
Where in that post did I say I like Elites, they sucked in Halo 2 and they were worse in Halo 3, them getting removed was one of the few things 343 did right.

I guess? It was still something that took skill.

>AR was better than Halo 2's SMG
Hardly. At least you could pair 2's SMG with a Plasma Rifle or something. They were both bad.
>Halo 3 had the best use of vehicles in the series
Not at all. It was entirely centralized around the instakill Spartan Laser because of how difficult it was to actually deal with vehicles. Whichever team got the Laser first took a crazy lead early on because the enemy can't deal with vehicles on foot.
>But didn't play like a unfinished broken mess
Says a lot when an unfinished game feels better than a finished, overly-clunky one.
>It had more to do with Halo 2 being unfinished
The Xbox was already hacked, there wasn't much they could do about modders.
>You can still win a match in Halo 3, in Halo 2 the SMG fucks you up
With ARs? Unlikely.
>We've already been through this, SMG starts were worse
They're both shit.
>While the game still had melee longes, they weren't anywhere near as bad as Halo 2's
I think you misunderstood. 3's melees were not only autoaim with a bunch of lunge, they consistently did enough damage to kill in 2 hits. No matter what.
>True but Halo 2 got ruined due to hit boxes being so big and insane aim assist
And Halo 3 got ruined by RNG bullets and shots dropping on LAN.

I'm well aware that there will always be players that are better than me asshole.I'm saying that the glitch is bullshit considering there were people using rapid fire controllers and people who played the damn game all day could just sweep you up like nothing.I shouldn't have to learn/abuse a glitch to be better than someone else to begin with.

>I shouldn't have to learn/abuse a glitch to be better than someone else to begin with.
Why not?

Cause I just want to enjoy the game without being instantly killed every 5 seconds, halo 2's spawns were already hot garbage to begin with.

So you want the game to become easier so you can catch up?
>inb4 bitching about mythical modded controllers and anecdotal evidence

>Not at all. It was entirely centralized around the instakill Spartan Laser because of how difficult it was to actually deal with vehicles. Whichever team got the Laser first took a crazy lead early on because the enemy can't deal with vehicles on foot.
You can kill vehicles with rockets, grenades, trip mines, Gravity Hammer, Rockets, and Missile Pods, I don't see the problem.
>Says a lot when an unfinished game feels better than a finished, overly-clunky one.
It really doesn't it feels worse
>With ARs? Unlikely.
Yes you could, as shit as Halo 3's weapons were, they were still better than Halo 2's
>I think you misunderstood. 3's melees were not only autoaim with a bunch of lunge, they consistently did enough damage to kill in 2 hits. No matter what.
I understood well, I know you can kill with two melees no mater what in Halo 3 but you have to get close in order to lunge at the other players compared to Halo 2.
>And Halo 3 got ruined by RNG bullets and shots dropping on LAN.
Halo 2 got ruined by the hitscan BR.

No, I just don't want to be instantly dropped after spawning.

>You can kill vehicles with rockets
You could, but the Laser was so much better at it.
>grenades, trip mines, Gravity Hammer, Rockets, and Missile Pods
Not really, because all of those were either weak or easily avoidable.
>It really doesn't it feels worse
No it doesn't. It feels fluid and lightweight. While Halo 3 feels like you're trudging through mud.
>Yes you could, as shit as Halo 3's weapons were, they were still better than Halo 2's
Every weapon in Halo 3 was made worse than its Halo 2 counterpart.
>but you have to get close
Not really. Their melee lunge ranges are pretty comparable.
>Halo 2 got ruined by the hitscan BR.
The Hitscan BR is probably the only thing that makes that game playable. Halo 3's best gun was still a pile of shit that was borderline unusable.

Then drop them first, or make them miss. or git gud

>You could, but the Laser was so much better at it.
Doesn't matter, the game is designed for being able to kill a vehicle with power weapons and explosives.
>Not really, because all of those were either weak or easily avoidable.
Get good
>No it doesn't. It feels fluid and lightweight. While Halo 3 feels like you're trudging through mud.
Halo 2 felt like it needed another year in development
>Every weapon in Halo 3 was made worse than its Halo 2 counterpart.
As shit as Halo 3's weapon sandbox was, it was better than Halo 2's.
>Not really. Their melee lunge ranges are pretty comparable.
It's really not, Halo 2's was insane to the point where Bungie ha to fix a Rocket/Sword glitch in the game.
>The Hitscan BR is probably the only thing that makes that game playable
When only one weapon in your game is good, you know your game is an unfinished pile of shit.

>Doesn't matter, the game is designed for being able to kill a vehicle with power weapons and explosives.
And the Laser did it too well, to the point of any team getting the Laser first snowballed a huge early lead because it's nearly impossible to do anything against.
>Get good
You can't "get good" about making auto-lock on missiles hit.
>Halo 2 felt like it needed another year in development
And Halo 3 felt like it needed to be released 6 months earlier.
>As shit as Halo 3's weapon sandbox was, it was better than Halo 2's.
No it wasn't.
>It's really not, Halo 2's was insane to the point where Bungie ha to fix a Rocket/Sword glitch in the game.
And current-day Halo 2 has melees on par with 3's ridiculous lunge, but Halo 3's melees are easier because they have higher damage.
>When only one weapon in your game is good, you know your game is an unfinished pile of shit.
So Halo 3?

>And the Laser did it too well, to the point of any team getting the Laser first snowballed a huge early lead because it's nearly impossible to do anything against.
Get good, Spartan Laser isn't as good against non-vehicle players
>You can't "get good" about making auto-lock on missiles hit.
Yes, you can, get good
>And Halo 3 felt like it needed to be released 6 months earlier.
Halo 3 felt finished unlike Halo 2
>No it wasn't.
Yes, it was
>And current-day Halo 2 has melees on par with 3's ridiculous lunge
No, they're not
>So Halo 3?
Halo 2

In Halo 3, just like Halo 2, people only ever used the BR. The only difference is that the BR sucked in 3.

Yeah, because Activision is helping them in that regard. And if anything, MS made them stick to deadlines and quality control. Look at their fucking games now.

This, so much. The mess Destiny is in is pretty much traceable to Jones being unable to decide on what the fuck he wanted the game to be and telling Staten to fuck off in the process. If this schizophrenic idiot stopped ripping up years worth of game development, forcing his employees to Frankenstein-stitch together the bits and pieces into something barely passable in time for release, maybe the Destiny games would be actually enjoyable instead of barren, empty shitshows.

It definitely does on PC. There's fun to be had underneath there somewhere.

The BR was never good to begin with.

Probably

And it was still the best weapon in both 2 and 3, despite Bungie's attempts to "balance" it.

The only time that gun finally got balanced is when Bungie gave the franchise to 343.

You're all wrong. Halo 2, 3, and above are all shit.

The only good Halo is Halo CE

I do appreciate that in Halo 5 that almost if not every gun feels viable. Bungie was never able to do that.

>terrible spawns
>shitty campaign
>shitty weapons
Just no

It felt even worse in 4 when they nerfed it to be a 5-shot kill.

Agreed

Halo CE-3 were great

>MS let them leave after the contract was up.
>MS at least respected their creative drive as long as they met timelines and kept up the quality.
>Now Activision is cannibalizing Bungie

True, then they buffed it to a 4 shot again after the backlash.

Them killing FPS games back in 2001 is a start.

CE had objectively the best spawn system and weapons in the series.

And now the dmr, a gun flawed in its very conception, is the endall for every engagement, at even longer ranges than the br. I fucking hate what the dmr did to halo so fucking much.

I wonder why they didn't do that with rare.

But kept the RNG for no reason. The Light Rifle was still better in every situation.

It didn't really do anything that hasn't been done before.

I wished 343 killed that gun after Reach and not bring it back. Why the hell do we need a BR and a DMR, we only need one and that one is the BR.

From what I understand, Rare was allowed a decent amount of autonomy even up until now with their Sea of Thieves creation. The problem with Rare is that their output was never that great imo. They never created a killer app for the xbox which is what MS was really hoping for with the buyout. Even when Rare decided to follow up on Banjo, they fucked it up by turning the damn game into a vehicle creation simulator. They're a bunch of class A trolls over there.

We don't need either when the Magnum exists.

>CE had objectively the best spawn system
youtube.com/watch?v=z3ITlVly700

The spawn system puts you at the nearest available spawn to your teammate within a certain radius. If you're getting spawnkilled/trapped, it's you/your team's fault for not changing it.

Up until you get spawn trapped and then raise hell about how bad it really is.

True. Its nice being able to pick up anything near and have a chance of winning gun fights

And this is why Microsoft is getting other development studios to make their games.

The dmr killed btb, and pretty much any map with a range longer than what a magnum could cover. If you don't think there is something wrong with having a hitscan gunfight with someone on the oppisite side of coagulation/bloogulch and neither of you have a sniper, the i don't want you near halo

But Bungie was in its prime under MS…

Luke smith and his love for MMOs

You could blame his mum for not loving him though