Oh yeah, that happened

>oh yeah, that happened

Was anyone here dumb enough to buy one? Literally only one or two games require it, both aren't even original titles.

Yes me. What the fuck was even the point if this piece of shit? It's not like it lacked users. I hate Nintendo.

I did, because my original 3DS broke.

>3ds breaks
>get n3dsxl
>everything runs faster
>monhun controls are now 50% retarded instead of 100%
>snes emulation
no regrets

this

I don't know, some people thought it would revitalize the 3DS and all future games would require it, like Gameboy Color to vanilla Gameboy.

When I saw the retarded analog stick, I decided to ignore it.

It made MH4U more bearable, 0 regrets

>implying any of you besides me bought the small n3DS

>the worst portable MH game

Congratulations?

>buy small 3DS on launch
>love it
>screen is fucking small though
>trade in and buy a N3DS for like 50 burgers or something after trade-in values
>faster, and the screen isn't nearly as fucking tiny
all in all, pretty good meme

I got this and loved it, i didn't have an original 3ds though. Why is Sup Forums so triggered that people like things others don't?

I don't understand why these things are still so expensive here. The 2DS model should be $60 bucks instead it's $110. The 3DS model shouldn't cost more than $120 at most instead it's $230. What ever happened to handhelds that were actually affordable?
The GBA SP for example? Yes, the 3DS console itself is not too much, but when you start to add in a few games it becomes ridiculously expensive for any parent that isn't in the middle class.

>the best portable MH game

ftfy

>get a 2DS because fuck the 3D gimmick
>Monster Hunter 4U happens
>have to get New 3Desu for the improved framerate
>N3DS is literally my dedicated MH4 machine
I mean I had a good time with 4U but I still feel it was money terribly spent and I swallowed Nintendo's cashgrab revision hook line and sinker.

Canada?

I bought one. Didn't have a regular 3ds before, though.

You caught me. Yes.

Not when Generations exists

What's wrong with Generations?

>dumb enough.

Yeah, better 3D, better battery, full speed emulators and overclocking most games to run better sure isn't worth the extra $50

This.

Not when portable 3rd exists

It's the best game in the series though. Only downside is the amount of shitty 1st and 2nd gen monsters. I wish there was a way to port gen's elite 4 and most of 3u's roster

my little brother got one of these when they came out

I borrowed it once and found like 20 videos of Lois from family guys chest, I assume he had turned on the little camera and recorded it while watching it on tv to save for later

that is my only experience with a 3ds

Someone tell me why they thought it's acceptable to sell a console without a power cable.

>dumb enough to buy one
I could play MH4U because of the nub, who fucking cares about the games that were exclusive to it?

I had to get a new 3DS anyway as my old one had broken shoulder pads

I needed a 3ds that i could hack and it was only 99 bucks

Because literally 150+ million people have a DS/3DS charging cable already in their homes

Those people also have a DS/3DS, which may want to have the charging cable for itself. Plus, you know, all those people that don't.

I think since people owned a dsi which had the same plugs i guess

That n3ds in your image is the best handheld of all time, cunt. Better battery life, snes emulation, smaller screen, better materials. An upgrade in every sense of the word

yes, i was dumb enough because of an internet price glitch making it $100 in 2015

It costed less than conform themselves to EU regulations

But they're still selling them, just separately?

How good is the SNES and GBA emulation on them? Thinking about buying one? Also can you put CFW on the last firmware without problems?

I'm assuming it's because they knew they could get away with it and fans would defend them.

In Amazon Mexico they come together, not sore about EU.

Worth it to have Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 on the go.

This

Yeah, the 3DS I had was in a state. The Circle Pad was coming off, scratches on the top screen and the R button got stuck. I had £120 to spare, and it JUST came out and was going for £150-180, so it seemed like a good deal.

I haven't used it much over the past few years, but I've finished a few games on it like SoJ and Pokemon. Currently going through Project X Zone right now.

As for my old one, I gave it to a friend to finish some DS games, and he told me that the top screen no longer gets power so it's pretty fucked. Shame since it was a launch model.

Small N3DS was the only one with coloured buttons, so I got that instead of the big bulky one. Besides 240p on a small screen is better than 240p on a huge screen.

Sold my original XL for $105 on eBay and picked up the white regular one on Nintendo’s refurb shop for $125.

I got it for the faster loading times, tracking 3D, and I wanted a smaller form factor since I didn’t play the system as much and wanted more of a legacy system.

Homebrew lets you overclock games
The second stick lets me play Doom a little bit more comfortably
I can give it a matte faceplate because I hate how glossy the normal 3DSes are.

>which may want to have the charging cable for itself.
What did he mean by this? You have no reason to play your old DS/o3DS when your n3DS plays it all.

I only got one because I had never owned a 3DS up to that point.

>Makes most digital games run faster
>Add a shitty nub and 2 buttons instead of buying a separate accessory
>Homebrew has more features for it
>faceplates to swap instead of shitty decal skins
>All O3DS and O3DSXL were phased out by the end of 2015
What's so bad about it again?

>get email from Nintendo
>YOU LUCKY LOYAL FAN CAN OWN A N3DS EARLY, AND IT'S AMBASSADOR!
>Ambassador just means unique faceplates, no actual Ambassador games
And that's how I hacced my n3ds

me
It made Monster Hunter look and run a lot better though

I did because I didn't have a DS before, but yeah
It never got those exclusive N3DS games, and the SNES virtual console selection is limited AF

Buying one was pretty much useless for people who already got a normal 3DS

>tfw retards will fall all over again with the New Switch or Switch Pro
>Will look pretty nice next to the New 3DS and DSi

I just wish it had more Wii ports like Xenoblade, I keot waiting to play shit like Last Story and Pandora's Tower on the go

I did as soon as the Animal Crossing bundle released. Probably wouldn’t have gotten HHD otherwise which I’m glad I did because that game is great. I switched my Isabelle face plate for the Peach one though.

Are you an idiot?

The og 3DS is a piece of shit, I'm glad I wasn't any of those idiots who bought one at launch

I would only get one just to play the pokemon games.

Oh wait, it's the "new" 3ds, I thought it was the original, nevermind.

The head tracking is awesome.

Sauce

Were Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Warriors the only exclusives?

SNES VC and some Indies too.
And Minecraft

Hell yeah I did, sold my 3ds for like 20$ off full price too. MH4U legit ran much better on it which is a 500 hour game tbqf

I never owned a 3ds. Is the N3DS faster than the 3DSXL ?

I never had a 3DS so I got the N3DS regular. It's good for emulating and games run better on it. I don't see how it makes anyone dumb to buy it.

This is exactly it. The next Nintendo console will have you have to put it together yourself. Fans will defend it saying it's innovative.

yes

Minecraft and SNES VC
Smash 4, Monhun X and XX are much better with it
This is without homebrew

At least I got to load games faster haha.

user, lot of people bought it because they didn't previously own a 3DS at all.

Like the DSi, PS4pro, and OneX, the main aim is just to keeop the system someone relevant to potential customers that haven't yet bought in.

If a few idiots double dip they won't object, but that's not where the dough comes from.

They had some fucking cool designs, not to mention I also sprung for the standard New 3DS model with the faceplates, which I like swapping out on occasion

>bigger screen
>c-stick
>better battery
Feels good to be dumb

>Was anyone here dumb enough to buy one? Literally only one or two games require it, both aren't even original titles.
It's the only 3DS that I own. It was even on a special promotional price for $100, and I don't think I've ever seen a 3DS (non-2DS) go for that low.
Plus if you hack it, you can overclock it to improve the framerate on certain 3DS games.

Yeah my hinge started getting a big crack in it so I figured I'd buy one used and make the swap while I could

> tfw 2 smert to fall for Switch when there will obviously be a hardware upgrade in 2 years and some primo games to be had in the bargain bin