Paper Mario

When is this masterpiece getting a proper sequel?

Nintendo tried it 4 times already, and failed all of them.

Also, post your favorite song

youtube.com/watch?v=jOU1mZnDpbM

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/bug-fables-an-exploration-rpg-full-of-bugs-game#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut your mouth faggot TTYD was godlike

It's not going to happen. Miyasoyo has stated that he likes to innovate out of his ass shitty new gimmicks with this series and won't give us a proper sequel.

It wasn't. It was worse than the original on everything that matters.

>backtracking
>WORDS WORDS WORDS
>deviantart tier plot
>autistic humor
>easier to break, and easier all around due to partner HP
>worse music

Begging ya to have sex

muh backtracking muthafucka

>Thinking that TTYD isn't the best

Maybe all those botched attempts mean they SHOULDN'T make more sequels.

Maybe they should think of something else.

It was great, stop talking shit.

Yeah, it had backtracking on all chapters, but that was part of its design.

>shit was part of the design

That's why it's inferior

It wasn't shit.

It was fucking awful. A slog to play. Not to mention the epitome of That Kid with the hidden attack timings. Super Mario RPG's were fucking intuitive.

you're talking about stylish? it was a nice addition

Having backtracking in the areas isn't strictly inferior. It makes them feel like more involved, alive locations. I'm replaying the original Paper Mario now and you just breeze through areas.

Stylish was great, wtf.

Also, you could run away most of the battles without much problems. So some backtracking wasn't that bad, like in the forest.

Here's your (you).

>autistic humor
haha

The backtracking was. It's a good game still, but the amount of meaningless backtracking is unforgivable.

Oh, please. It was a lazy way of extending the game. You can't defend having to go trhough the forest 5 times in chapter 4, or through the jungle 5 times in chapter 5. It's stupid, irritating and almosts ruins the game entirely.

The origin of brap posters

All you needed to do was to run away from battles, it's not that long, did you keep fighting all enemies? lol

I actually think that run away was the idea for starter.

Even if you evade the battles altogether, it's still a pain in the ass.

Right now, actually.

indiegogo.com/projects/bug-fables-an-exploration-rpg-full-of-bugs-game#/

Looks ok, but the animations need some work. I'd back it if I wasn't a poor fuck

Thank god. It's a shitty series anyway

TTYD was a solid follow up that improved on a lot. I overall don’t think it’s as good as 64 and the backtracking really hurts it, but it’s still a fantastic game.

they made combat better with audience, badges and more stylish moves but everything else was worse imo

No, TTYD was legit good.

God I fucking hate the backtracking-is-bad parrots
I guarantee most haven't even played ttyd and just complain about it

>I hate people who are telling the truth

How long since you replayed it? Do it and then tell me if that shit is acceptable.

2 years ago
I am going to play through all of it this weekend with a friend

Great.

Not that user, but that's not a problem in the game, specially on the train chapter and the Glitzville.

You should've run in the woods part, not fighting every enemy.

Even the last backtrack is great, because you'll revisit every town in the game. The NPCs have a story, and it changes by the time you visit them again.

People sure have high standards for what's supposed to be a plain simple RPG back in that era.

I mean, not that I agree with what Nintendo has done, but at the same time, if they had went by the exact same formula each and every single time, the series would have been dead by now. It's not like the latter entries are absolutely awful either, fans are just bickering that it's not more of the same. The gameplay might not be AS GOOD, but that doesn't mean it's awful either.

Honestly, I think the series should be put in a good hiatus before they really decide what to do with it, otherwise, they might as well be beating a dead horse with its very own corpse.

I guess the same could be applied to the Mario & Luigi series. I feel like they're not quite sure on what to do with the series as of lately, even though Dream Team to a extent showcased us a possible idea of the series becoming 3D for the Switch (Giant Luigi battles), which could potentially benefit or harm the series.

64 was very good.

TTYD was great.

SPM was fun but not a real PM RPG.

I refuse to acknowledge Sticker Star or Color Splash because the card mechanic is bullshit.

I enjoyed Color Splash. While the combat can get tedious, the humor/art is certainly on point though, if not better.

I've already said I didn't fight every enemy, I avoided them. It's still terrible game design and indefensible.

The changes in dialogue are nice, but very minor, and they are something that I'd rather check out of my own volition, not due to some lame fetch quest designed to masquerade lack of content.

There will never be another Paper Mario game, ever. Just accept this fact and move on.

>it's a "a game has flaws therefor it's complete shit" episode

CS would've been perfect if it had been an RPG like the first two games.

>only characters are toads, shy guys and koopalings

Nah, the charm of the older games is completely gone