Try Monster Hunter for the first time

>Try Monster Hunter for the first time
>its PURE Artificial Difficulty
Yeah this is absolute shit, I'm going back to Dark Souls

>Thanks for the help!

> Not being aware of your surroundings and knowing where the different traps and animals you can use in battle are

Sorry sweetie, but shitters like you don't deserve to have an opinion

Based pepe frog killing shitters in MHW.

MH Thread?

>People ACTUALLY think the hammer isn't for fucking babies
Literally retards.

only difficulty that's bullshit is when you have to hunt more than 1 at a time. that and sharpness as a barrier of entry for monsters is dumb. should be able to kill an elder with a broken blade naked if you want to.

Why the fuck are people constantly fainting on low rank Anjanath?

I keep joining SOS requests and 1/4 times the host will have fainted enough times to fail the quest.

But I've mained hammer since P3rd and its funner than ever this time around.

In fact, I haven't even tried any other weapons yet, even though it feels like hammer is ez mode. It's just too satisfying to drop.

>Artificial Difficulty
There is no difficulty at all though.

Its armor problems 90% of the time. People are being stingy about their armor cores and going against him in fucking sub 65 defense. He tears you up bad if you play too defensive too. It's really the first monster you're forced to fight that's hyper aggressive since puki is just a retarded kut-ku and Tobi is only aggressive when its pissed off and in an environment it can bounce around in.

What items can be used for melding monster gems? I need a few and I never seem to have any items that can be used for melding.

Hammer has basically no utility though besides blunt damage making it easier to not bounce off certain spots, what I see everyone using and what I assume is EZ mode is Insect Glaive, Longsword, and Dual Blades.

post the tigrex pic

i hope all the people that bought this game to get carried give up once they reach high rank.

cant wait for deviljo to push peoples shit in!

stay mad newfag hunter

why the fuck do 90% of grrls playing used ranged weapons and cant seem to keep their dps up then the melee?

But we have Bazelgeuse now, way more terrifying that Jho.

>Tumblr haircut and color

You forgot to put Monster Hunter thread

So I still dislike most of the shstem changes but the additions to individual weapons are fucking great. I just learned about Power Guard.

>Diablos goes underground, preparing an attack that shouldn't be blocked
>I set my shield in the sand
>Anime theme music starts playing
>The souls of my ancestors infuse my shield, I can see the ghost of my father bracing it with me
>Yell "YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS." at the top of my lungs
>Block the attack without budging and stab the bitch right in the cloaca with a fully chaged stab for his troubles

Big bang is nice too, still figuring out what to do with power charge though. I don't really dig the GS changes. Bow feels like a whole different weapon.

Than*

In most games people shit on weak characters/classes/items/builds, but here and for Souls games players argue about weapons being too good.
Why hte fuck would someone not pick the strongest available tools for the fucking job?
In Dishonored players won't use its vast array of skills and weapons just to get non-lethal, but they still have an excuse.

He does a shitton if damage for armor at that level. He did 1/3rd of my health when I BLOCKED his rage leap first time I fought him. Coupled with this game being scrub central and you get carts.

Is there anything I can do to limit the duration of stuns? Pots or armor or something? Sure I could not get hit but shit happens.

>players argue about weapons being too good.
Because the process of fighting the monster is way more fun than actually killing it. The easier it is to kill the less fun the fight ends up being. The more convoluted the process is, the more fun.

If you CAN'T just 3 shot stunlock a boss and instead have to chain trap it with 3 players while everyone takes turns plunging from a cliff on it, that's fun.

Odoggoran is the best fight in this game, prove me wrong.
>mfw he starts bouncing off the walls the first time

>from ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY to artificial difficulty

Because if you don't predict the position of a monster's head three seconds in advance while it's moving and unleash hell on it's face you're not playing Monster Hunter

Learning monster behavior is like 80% of the game

because you have fun with other weapon than the best one? souls is just pvp fags that can't stop sucking dick, in mh at most you have 3 min of difference between the best and worse weapon in clear times, its no big deal

GIVE ME A PS4 SO I CAN WATCH SOME MOVIES
BECAUSE THE GAMES ARE SHIT AND FULL OF NEWBIES

Go Mario Party on the stick

Every always talks about how cool he is but all that fight was for me was standing at his side and smacking him

Does anyone else dislike how much you slide around on the slightest angle.

He's the only time in this game I've felt intimidated at all

Meat Puppy is best Puppy

He's great, but fuck that bleed, especially when you have to fight in the fucking poison gas as well.

>not breaking every part of every monster
is like you hate fun
yeah its annoying

>First hunt against him
>Enter his room, cart before he even leaves
>Spent the entire rest of the hunt extremely on edge since I didn't bring max potions

I actually didn't even have to break much. Girros did a fair bit of that for me.

Oh shit I remember that popup now. Does that work for the roars too or just the stars?

So what are the Lucky Vouchers for? I'm capped on them.
Do they increase quest rewards?

>Sliding affinity gloves

No

I wonder if they'll revamp Jho to compete with beetlejuice somehow

>get my gf to buy the game
>she plays Switch Axe, Hammer and Greatsword
Rate her tastes brehs

enjoy that broken Desire Sensor while it lasts.

I almost never get bled playing lance, and I get to counter constantly

Just stars. Block/Counter roars or use earplugs

whats wrong with that face texture, is this like a low res mode?

Yes

Charge Blade taints an otherwise great list

HAHAHA GUYS I HAVE THIS GREAT IDEA XD

HOW ABOUT WE HAVE LARGE MONTERS CONSTANTLY FUCKING FIGHT EACH OTHER, TO THE POINT WHERE DUNG BOMBS ARE A FUCKING MANDATORY PART OF EVERY SINGLE HUNT

AHAHAHAHA BUT WAIT WE'LL MAKE DUNG BOMBS INCREDIBLY TEDIOUS TO ACQUIRE

LMAO, SIMPLY EBIC XD!!

i used a lance so i didn't see the threat and i always feel like i'm missing out

Uhm... How do I counter? I'm using SA so I guess I can't block.

Skin is HIDEOUS in this game for undetermined reasons

Yeah I imagine with a block its much easier to deal with. Its less its frequency and more that its a pain to cure it.

Counters are only available for Longsword, and lance.

>People carting in LR

>How do I counter
Play Lance

I forget if you can roll through roars

this does annoy the fuck out of me. High rank is a chore when monsters are constantly fighting eachother and you just want them to fuck off. And dung isn't as easy to farm anymore.

that new charge level they added for GS does some massive damage but sometimes it really hard to land and if you miss it the recovery is a bit slow. but it feels so good when it hits

He kills you in one hit. I died 15 times against him

Yeah but I hate how wobbly it is now and the armored tackles feel unnecessary

>any consumable
>tedious to acquire

I just alchemy and have infinite consumables.

>Charge Blade

>Not wanting to tackle the shit out of monsters
Tackle is the best thing GS has ever gotten.

>git fucking gud ecks dee
>next time potion up so you're never below 90% health!!
explain this capcom babs??

>monster can 1 shot you

this when you don't know how to make interesting mechanics

Get some decent armor faggot.

Get some armor faggot

>Half base HP
>Mounting
You deserved it.

Progression is tied to gear. Wear shit gear and get blown out you simp.

You fucking retard

who care if it's easy ? it's just ME SMASH HEAD without any dumb gimmick, just pure raw power

First MH?

But yeah, firebreath will OHKO

Hiro fix the fucking captcha

Almost certain that's an Overwatch reference.

I just tried my first melee weapon ever. SnS against Paolumu with two IG and a Horn.
I couldn't even move when it went down. Constant friendly fire hitstun 24/7. How the fuck do you people stand this?

>not just letting them fight for the free 1k+ damage the continuing the hunt when they separate

thats what you get for running away like a fag instead of fighting

People don't. I kick anyone who trips me constantly out of my rooms.

>all these people justifying this shit
"getting gud" still doesn't fix these atrocious hitboxes.

>Overwatch reference

>farmed rath for his set the minute he showed up in ancient forest
>his set and anja hammer carry me through low rank
Kinda regret it because it made first encounters with monsters a joke instead of memorable. And then I made the same mistake of making a zorah set and hammer and that made most of high rank a joke until nerg. Now I have his set and hammer and it's making the elder dragons a joke. Can't wait for tempered monsters, they have more health or is it just a damage buff?

They already confirmed it.

Or did you not fucking notice the trailer where he uses a Great Jagras as a club to swing at the hunter and walks around carrying him in his mouth

wahhhhh wahhhhhh

You can shoot one of those fire slingers that are in that area on the ground to clear the gas

>people are glad the series can once again be on better hardware than Nintendo's shitty hardware
>the game looks like brown/grey shit, somehow looking worse than the portable games
Why? And how?

Oh boy, I can't wait for some of you people to fight Plessie.
Wasn't Plessie in World?

I like the armor and all the affinity+ is nice

No.

I could see how you'd believe this if you'd never played the game or just wanted to start shit

Wait, did that meme comic about peco calling jho become real?

>>the game looks like brown/grey shit, somehow looking worse than the portable games
did you know that you don't HAVE to shitpost 24/7?

As a hammer user i love it, it's basicly an autowin

>you can't carve your prey till you kill jho
motherfuckers, hope they add quru

Dont partner up with shitty IGs spamming roundabout combo and a HH probably using his swipe combo over and over
Also don't fucking crowd together on one part, 2 at best and 3 if you got a lancebro there. Also you can eat for a feline food skill to prevent trips and knockdown last I checked.

user, that comic was always real. Qurupeco has always been able to summon a Jho

Nips loathe Peco so don't expect him in. Instead we can expect furbait electrowolf again.

Why would I need to play the game to know what the game looks like?

>doesnt address the fact that you can get hit by charge while mounting on a monsters leg
its ok though you're supposed to stack defense for when bullshit happens, at last i truly see