Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Thread

Post your scores and make fun of other anons who have a lower score than you and cry over how you will never ever have the highest score.

>tfw PC-let

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why user? It's not like I will buy it

I can't get past the loading screen

This game will generate rivers of AMDfag tears.

ok

Why? Not optimised for AyyMD cards?

>Win 10
>i5 3570
>RX 470
>5300 score on 1080p standard
Fuck that shit. Hopefully the real game will let you customize options to optimize performance to your taste.

benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/
Should've put this in the OP, OP.

GTX 1080, 1080p was smooth but still occasional stutters (shitty engine?), 4k felt like around 30fps. It's gonna be a tough choice between 4k vs 60fps again, although the game doesn't look that stellar in 4k so I might go with blurry 1080p this once to hide the game's ugliness.

>stuttering
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

this game look horrendous

I encountered it as well in a few spots. Ran it with fraps and it was above 60 at almost all times though.

Perfect.

GimpWorks. Don' worry, it will make Nvidia cards struggle equally.

Worst offenders are lack of any aliasing at all and low poly models in some places. This game could use some tesselation instead of nVidia grass and whatelse they put there, but my guess is they knew the engine can't handle AA and tesselation. Maybe it's in the full game but not in benchmark, who knows.

anti-aliasing*
Also a lot of checkerboard-looking artifacts. Something to do with z-buffer overlap? They're not that prominent but they're EVERYWHERE, ruining overall picture.

Literally the only thing in that game that looks good is the grass of the PC version.

>"lite" quality
>720p
>standard performance
The fuck do they mean "standard"

There are insane frametime issues in the benchmark

Had some very notable stuttering at 4k, but only on the high preset.

High preset is the only preset with nvidiaworks features enabled

>The fuck do they mean "standard"
30fps, obviously. Not indended as a jab at consoles or anything.

Man, something about it really shows it's been a while in development. It just doesn't look good. Jaggies, weird screenspace reflections that don't work as intended, flat lighting. But at the same time it has particle system and HDR and procedural grass and clothes physics.What a weird mashup. Also I think the PS4 demo looked better, the one where you're microscopic in a big room. Lighting looked way better back then.

That would explain it then.

How did you remove depth of field? It ruined all my Cindy closeup attempts.

Apparently not even all of the features are being enabled, though people don't know for sure
Either way the performance generally improves with second and third consecutive runs regardless of setting and configuration

I had stuttering and some weird motion effects. I don't know how to describe but sometimes the clothes would rustle on the character's in weird ways.

>Man, something about it really shows it's been a while in development.
It's not that it was in development for so long because older footage looked way better. It's that the game was built up from scratch in 2014 and they rushed it out, so it looks mostly bad.

That demo looked like ass, more jaggies than PS2, way too much bloom, strong dithering on shadows etc

People really have too much nostalgia for the old PS4 demo's

Platinum demo looked like ass but Duscae at least had a unique and not terrible art style. The final game lacked that art style so it just looked bad like his screenshot.

Only thing Duscae had going for it was it's strong bloom lighting, everything else was inferior

For the guy who said that Gentania's wrinkle hand is shopped.

>30fps, obviously
Too obviously.
>1060/580
>30FPS in 1080p
Guess we've got the replacement for The Witcher III as a PC benchmarking tool! It's not like the game couldn't have any worse reputation anyway.

Even her feet is wrinkled.

& here is probably the best shot from Duscae, that doesn't show the shitty grass & it's low draw distance

Heck, her entire body is wrinkled.

That's interesting. At this point I'm just satisfied I'll be able to run it with the 'standard' settings without issues.

Move the camera to a distance where she'll be in focus and then zoom in with the fov slider. Or just save it as a super resolution image and crop it.

This looks way better than anything in PC benchmark. Notice the lack of any jaggies and how smooth the hair looks? Those downsampling marketing assholes.

mate...

the bloom is awful, but getting rid of water physics

shame

Console version had about half a game missing and had a shallow combat system. Are these things fixed in the PC version?

FFXV got downgraded like 3 times.

Witcher 3 at least looked way fucking better than this does so far.

i think my low budget build can handle this

thank god, i'm going to pirate it anyways

>Wrinkled nails
>that hand
Jesus

The bloom really gave the world some "life" but they should have toned it down & not straight up removed it, i think people in Japan thought it looked horrible so they just gutted it, though westerners thought it looked pretty, but who cares what WHITO PIGGU says

It's a shot i took from the benchmark, before you get on the chocobo you spam WASD & you can move around

I was playing at 4K, but to be honest i did super sample with Ansel, but at 4K there is little jaggies, the TAA in FFXV is considered the worst ever, but at Native 4K it really shines

No it doesn't, maybe modded TW3 comes close, but Vanilla TW3 looks average these days

Got to love the level of detail they put into the models. Each eye lash is also modeled.

>before you get on the chocobo you spam WASD & you can move around
Damn, neat.
> but at 4K there is little jaggies
I don't know, it looks very distracting to me. And that's on 32'' display, when I'll switch to 55'' TV it's going to be even obvious. The hair looks the worst.

Yes it does.

>2018
>1080p

Can you give a number on polycounts? I was arguing with someone about that a while back, he said there are like 5 trillion polygons and I thought that was bulllshit since the models are pretty shitty looking.

>GTX 1080
>1080p
>Stuttering

The fuck find of unoptimized garbage is this?

There are some people reporting frametimes in excess of 1000ms at one point with 1070 in 1080p. That's right, less than 1 fps.

77k tris

So it's just about average. I fucking knew that autist was full of shit.

Should be interesting to see what modders do with the models though

yes, "interesting"

He will say that the PC model was downgraded and the PS4 has trillions tris.

Well, this is interesting. My character won't stop spamming attack but holding E fixes it. Can't turn camera but whatever. After a while running through swamps it got dark and they brought out flashlights. I wonder how far you can go in this benchmark.

how's the score rated?

Until chocobo rent time over.

They explain it on the site

How the hell do you 'play' in the benchmark?

I've been able to avoid the chocobo message from coming up a couple times, I think it's when you start moving as early as possible, but not sure.
Also I was able to enter this room and my controls got locked and I got stuck here. I'm guessing there's a scripted event that's missing.

I have a 470 but I get 5020 as my highest.

the explanation isn't really that in depth

>Until chocobo rent time over.
Tell that to my game. I've already spent the in-game night and reached the end of map, which was anti-climatic as there was nothing on my way but copypasted ruins and trees.

on a gaming laptop

The only explanation you need is an FPS counter

BUMP

Oh.

>port them to skyrim
>maybe make SFM
not very interesting

Read the thread. Or don't and spam WASD before you get on chocobo.

I did have an fps counter on, but the framerate wasn't always above 60, so I'm not sure why the score is still rated as high

They count high as above 30fps

I'm not buying this shit again. Already have base game plus season pass, fuck squeenix and their jewery.

I wonder if they're using the Just Cause 3 engine.

Why would you even wonder that, user? What on earth?

hello, фэллoy cyкa блядь

I don't think Squeenix Japan alone would be able to pull of grafics like these

Ryzen 7 benchmarks

I plan to play in 2k, so I think I should be good.

Quite honestly it was just a tongue in cheek comment.

TW3 has at least good coherence in the way it looks. That benchmark just look like they turned all the greedy options up to eleven on a subpar base. Seriously, aiming for 30FPS at 1080p on a 1060?

You do know they're using their own engine, not avalanche's?

>Got to love the level of detail they put into the models
>Each eye lash is also modeled
Reminds me of FFXIV v1, where some completely irrelevant stuff had insane details yet the overall game wasn't that good looking; or at the very least the performance suffered so badly and you couldn't figure out why without zooming on assets to notice the level of detail they had.

The water physics were not removed, at least not in the PC version?

Just recorded this now

>those shadows
anyway he meant to say the water animation was toned down.

That's just flat shader, not actual surface distortion.

The water reflection is just a mess in this benchmark

Tell me about it. Was it better on PS4?

Apparently the stutters are almost eliminated when you let the benchmark run again. Seems like a problem that will get fixed/the game will run smoothly after the first few minutes.

Hell no, the SSR has been noted very shit on PS4 & it's disappointing it's not improved on PC

I don't think the water is as bad as some people are saying though, funny enough most AAA games seem to have mediocre water, even the best looking PS4 games like Horizon

Here is a direct 4K shot, the game uses strong temporal effects, so the jaggies & even lighting/shadowing (i swear) look worse in screenshots

it needs a proper built in screenshot function to cap them properly it seems

The question is, why not? Avalanche has made a great engine, and it runs amazing on a variety of systems when they put effort into it (JC2, Mad Max).

Oh wait it's 1440p for some reason, but yeah at 4K it does clean up the jaggies quite well

Avalanche barely runs at 30fps on Consoles too & has worse visuals than FFXV

Speaking of eyes, Noct's eyes when summoning are pretty creepy.

Other than minor stuttering that everyone else seems to be reporting, I was pleasently surprised.