This game was more fun than it has any right to be...

This game was more fun than it has any right to be. I was surprised to enjoyed it despite disliking Mass Effect and Human Revolution (for their dissatisfactory gameplay and lack of roleplaying options), as most people rank those higher than Alpha Protocol. Played through on hard as a recruit and put points into shotguns and toughness. Abusing the shotgun's knockdown ability and managing the stun time on groups of enemies and running up to them and stomping was pretty fun. I think I'll replay as a kung-fu hacker Veteran and [Execute] everyone I meet. Mina is best girl.

What are your thoughts on the game?

Good taste OP I agre-
>Mina is best girl.

Holy shit Jim Sterling gave the game a 2/10, and people cite his 6/10 Vanquish review for why his taste is awful?

Reporter lady is kinda bland, Russian lady has awful taste in clothes, and the Rome girl is boring. Also,
>every female character in the game can be boned
Hilarious

I thought this game was a demi-Sup Forumscore game? I expected more posts.

It's American time mate
If you want American (You)s, make a FOTM general or a 'You wont believe this article/tweet!' bait thread

Love this game because it's one of the few examples of a truly non-linear game that still has a strong story. Blew my mind that not only can you finish the hubs in any order that you'd like, but you hop between hubs and do one or two missions at a time between them. The story will always adapt and change according to the order in which you do certain missions, and certain plot points are only possible if you finish a set of missions in a certain order.

There's a lot of replay value there. It's just a shame that it suffers from the usual Obsidian bugginess and that Sega forced them to turn it into a last-minute console game. Doesn't help that it sold like shit and will stay a relatively obscure classic.

I really, really enjoyed it. I just wish they made a sequel and/or a longer game. Its "faction/rep" system is fantastic, as well as how you learn different things about different characters and can use them later. If anyone needs a game where your choices REALLY matter, this is it. Big and small ways alike, they matter. Also, there are like 4.5 endings including one to side with the "bad guy" so yeah... neat there.

Best of all, I'm pretty sure that there are certain things ONLY able to be achieved on your second playthrough and using the Veteran starter class (ie there's a time when its "save person X or grab the memory card full of data Y". If you're Veteran class, you can do BOTH).

What's the Veteran class you ask? The game has starter "classes/backgrounds" what your character did before joining the super sekrit spy agency - were they a Soldier, an Engineer, an Agent (CIA etc), or Mercenary... depending on your choices it will start you off wiht some basic skills in various trees. Note you can learn anything you want as any class as you progress. Note that what background you pick in a few circumstances will give you another dialog response, most are just flavor but there are 2 "special" classes - Recruit and Veteran. Recruit background starts with either no or fewer skills already available but if you complete the game as a Recruit, you will unlock Veteran - which has like a few points in EVERY skill, plus you can do certain things you couldn't in the first run through.

So definitely play through as Recruit - you'll get enough skills etc. Then when you play as Veteran is like you're in New Game Plus I am The Fucking Boss Mode. I suggest just going through the game the first time however you choose, but on the second Vet playthrough read a bit and try to get the "hard to find/know about/do" stuff there, much of which requires stealth and the right knowledge/order/prompts.

>every female character in the game can be boned

That's bullshit and you know it.

Beat it 4 times, plus some aborted half-way playthroughs that ended up too similar. Corporate best ending, Albatross BFF, fuck Steve(n), Sis best girl. Stealth was allright, but I had the most fun with the assault rifle.

I thought that the newer Deus Ex would be kind of similar to this game but I was disappointed how underdeveloped it was in comparison.

She's not female.

> Pacifist ending is the worst ending
> Kill everyone ending is the second worst ending

Really jogs the noggin

Damn, I was considering replaying it. You got me, OP.

Is it Deadly Premonition/Dragons Dogma good? Or Gothic 2/The Witcher good? What kind of jank is it?

Got a single fact to back that up?

HR was so weird, it was a complete opposite of DX in every single way.

post yfw SIE raped you

Marburg's homosexuality was subtly hinted at, Albatros goes around with scarf.

it's mediocre gameplay with compelling everything else. 9/10 experience imo.

That's not facts, that your wild speculation

Yes she is, the reason you can't bone her is that she's underage

>Sis best girl
You're god damn right

He has nice titties.

But shooting her in the mug with the tranq gun is fine.

>the only good woman is the one that can't talk
what's wrong with you

She has a ton of piercings there anyway. You're just helping her save on money.

A lot of women would say that about the perfect man, too.

TUUUUUUUUUUUUURN UP

lol @ you literal faggots imposing your homosexuality onto video game characters

>start game
>see it's one of those RPGs where you have to do stupid minigames every 20 seconds
>stop playing, uninstall

I'm so tired of shit minigames.

>reinstall Alpha Protocol
>hacking minigame is weaponized ass cancer
>uninstall

>Kill everyone ending is the second worst ending
No

just buy emps

protip you don't have to lock both passcodes at once. use wasd to move and space to lock in for the left one and mouse and left click to lcok in for the right. it's not that hard if you know how to do it.

Normal classes start with 31 AP
Recruit starts with 0 AP
Veteran starts with 120 AP

It sounds way too good

Want me to come into the closet with you?