Is /vg/ actually worse than Sup Forums?

Is /vg/ actually worse than Sup Forums?

yes but just barely

No, they actually talk about vidya

/vr/ > Sup Forums > /vg/

depends on the general. Generally you should avoid multiplayer gens at all cost.

They don't.

Gumball is fun

what exactly is wrong with /vg/?

I miss Morenatsu General

>generals
>anything but waifus and ecelebs

Have you actually ever visited that board

It's all tripfags circlejerking.

Depends if you are into weebshit.

It's a containment board, much like /mlp/. You tell me.

Stagnation general, moot dropped the ball by not making it an esports board instead. I mean it was the constant SC2 and LoL threads that got it made in the first place

>waifus
>forced insider memes
>image dumping to keep thread alive
>drama
Nah /vg/ was created to be a fucking containment board for a reason and even than it leaks out like a flood

If you want to actually talk about video games, go to /vg/

Sup Forums is social media bait spam

It's a different kind of bad.

/vg/ is a bunch of tripfag filled chatrooms for people who have no friends and spend every day with their /vg/ "friends" instead

not inherently

/vg/ shouldn't exist

Back in the day when a new game came out we'd have generals on Sup Forums, people would play it, and then when it felt out of favor it would just fall off the board

but because of autistic faggots and their vn now we have /vg/

go to fire emblem general, please
its full of tripfags who all know eachother in a private community who talk more about eachother and waifus then any of the games, and every long running general is like that

/vg/ should be erased and stubburn autists like /ksg/ should be sent to /trash/ were they belong

You know how many times I've seen threads about a latest release pruned and the posters told to take it to /vg/?
"Sorry, we only have console war, loss, and Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums"

You wish

>No, they actually talk about vidya
Wrong
/vg/ is quite literally the Discord of Sup Forums. Each general is like a server with the average waifu cancer regulars

Unless the game is actively updating or there’s a scene behind it there shouldn’t be a general.

>every long running general is like that
>I lurked few generals so it means they're all like this

It's a containment board for VIDYA GAEMS. Because there was apparently too much vidya talk happening on Sup Forums, so they made a separate board for it so Sup Forums could be all about e-celebs and shitposting.

Some generals are fucking awful, stay away from the Skyrim general at all cost.

If the game was getting and update and people re gain interest on it, we could just have SOME BRIEF THREADS ON Sup Forums LIKE WE USED TO

Get some real friends

Your special snowflake general will turn into cancer once the game runs out of regular new content and everyone has played it, don'r delude yourself otherwise faggot

/vg/ exists because Sup Forums is a shithole

/vg/ carries the burden of being a hub of hugboxes while having the luxury of not being Sup Forums. It bears the truest representation of any game it represents. Basically, if the general is actually constructive, the game is worthwhile. Any general that devolves into shitposting, waifuposting or tripfag circlejerking does so because any value the game had died long ago.

>Because there was apparently too much vidya talk happening on Sup Forums
you're either new or part of the cancer that had to be kicked out, which is it?

/vg/ exists because the moderators couldn't contain katawa shoujo posting

your special board is a cancer containment like /mlp/ and Sup Forums

Depends on the general

Long running generals with games that don't update too often sometimes devolve into tripfagging/waifuposting but if you wanna actually talk about a certain game, it's usually better than trying your luck with Sup Forums

>special snowflake general
Literally one of the fastest generals and not a single tripfag and been around forever.
>shitposting, waifuposting
It's 4chins after all

Are people pretending /vg/ wasn't literally made as a containment board now?

I've been to /pg/ today and I was scared. At Sup Forums people at least don't make fucking dramas.

They actually talk about video games there, so you tell me.

No. There are specific generals that are worse than Sup Forums, but that's a product of the game and/or community being cancer. /ksg/ will always be the worst.

Meanwhile there are tons of generals which blow Sup Forums out of the water in consistent quality.

A recent game that people have interest in will get threads on Sup Forums, but they get pruned and sent to /vg/.
I have no idea why this is so complicated, this used to be normal.
You faggots are like people in oregan afraid to pump gas to their car

>/mlp/ is a fast board and it hasn't had that many tripfags recently!

>Wow, they have vidya-oriented threads. They must talk about vidya 24/7!
>enter thread
>MUH HANAYOFAGS
>MUH BOOSTKEKS
>MUH APOCRYPHAFAGS
>MUH-
>leave

Cancer. easily more obnoxious than the endless sea of Wojaks on Sup Forums

/vg/ threads are ok as long as no tripfag/discord/ts is established.
Every thread falls into hell after that and needs to be contained.

If the game has new content or an update or whatever, then sure.

Otherwise the discussions tend to degenerate into a namefag/tripfag off-topic discussion along with the waifuposting and the like.

The all too common double janetty.

>a long running general for a game with no content is full of aids and drama

>a new game with new content and lots of interest is full of good posts

what shocking revelations

>/mlp/ boogeyman
lol ok

Are you fuckin- am I being baited right now?

yep but dont tell anyone

They're a different kind of cancer. /vg/ is full of namefagging and attention whoring. Both boards suffer from terrible waifufagging, but there are entire generals dedicated to it.

Absolutely. People try to build up a reputation on /vg/ by having a trip, it's so fucking gay, everybody avatarfags, they'll have 800 identical threads in a row because they're trying to force "discussion" about a dead game

>/mlp/ posters aren't the reason we moved to invasive site wide captcha

newfag

this
also, all tripfags must hang

This so much, if we could just carpet bomb all trips and namefags on /vg/, it would be just great. On /dng/ they actually BEGGED for the trips to come back, after they left for a Discord.

Ok, grandpa.

Thing is, Sup Forums can't even have threads about new games. This board is nothing but shitposting, it comes in many different flavors like frogposting, wojacks, forced memes, crossboard garbage, etc but it's all shitposting at the end of the day.

Do you want the tumor on your balls or in your ass?

Sometimes there are no good options.

That's what Sup Forums does, and it's great.

It's all just bullshit now.

No, the thing is, on /vg/ any kind of thing might take at least consecutive several threads shit up by the faggotry. On Sup Forums threads die out and nothing carries over, each thread is a new beginning, maybe except autistic weekly threads.

/vg/ is only good for /hbg/

>/vg/ gracefully keeps the Fateniggers and Lovecucks in their containment
>they still shit up all of Sup Forums anyway

like pottery

>tfw no where to schedule regular game sessions with Sup Forums on holidays or weekends
its fun getting the odd tf2 or sven server full but what about some other games or doing it more often? playing battlefront 2 with Sup Forums was pretty good even with all the lag

Every general is infested with waifufags. It's awful.

I've seen more waifu posting on /fgg/ than I had any thread not didicated through it, it's gotten so bad that people won't post on a thread , if the OP doesn't have some kind of fanservice on it.

you missed like another 10 generals about mobile games

Only new generals. The longer a general festers with the same people the less they actually talk about the games because they ran out of shit to talk about hundreds of threads ago.

The fuck are you on about? Captcha is due to a literal spambot virus.

>which shit stinks the least

Lets be honest, it doesnt work since we fucking see it and its shitty forced memes over here and in Sup Forums irregardless.

No, they're just a different flavor of shit.

You haven't seen /fgg/ than yet.

Some generals are better than others. This user got it right.

they're equally shit.
i notice i get banned on vg a lot more because i dont try to fit into the inner circle jerks. so i'd say Sup Forums is better just because of that

It depends, if you go to a general filled with waifufagging, tripfags and a discord server you're doing it wrong.
/vg/ is okay as long as you stay away from the cancerous threads, you also get better discussions because people actually know the game they're talking about.

quite literally and figuratively this
Idoleers and Fatefags keep dumping their cancerous forced memes and carpet muncher yurifag cringe here on Sup Forums. If they can ban Naruto cancer ban these fucking faggots too, please. Holy shit.

>/gw2g/ disappears
>they shit up Sup Forums now

nah
Imagine how googolfucked Sup Forums would be if places like /sthg/ and /llsifg/ were gone. Just keep them the fuck out.

how goes the sniffs?

>constant waifufaggotry
>mods for waifus and futa horseshit
>crapawa shitjo thread #98374987395649659436598459869

>but because of autistic faggots and their vn now we have /vg/
No, it wasn't because of Katawa Shoujo, was because of LoL, SC2, and DOTA. Stop talking about of your ass, newfag.

I thought Naruto has been unbanned for years.

Yeah, just look at the starcraft general

>katawa shoujo
>minecraft
And Sup Forums is fully responsible.

>because of autistic faggots and their vn now we have /vg/
what.
/vg/ occurred because of the fucking huge amount of lol / dota2 / sc2 generals.

generals shouldn't be a thing on this website to begin with; having a static thread to talk and get to know the individuals that post there is the antithesis of an anonymous website, go to some sign up forum that talks about it and take it there.

Who /wowg/ here?

I enjoyed them at first, but now I just want to talk about fighting games.

>>minecraft
hu r u quoten

Identical. Different generals have different usebases and surprisingly the same goes for Sup Forums. There's threads on Sup Forums where Sup Forums crossboards flood and there's threads that have a high amount of female posters on them. If you're reading low quality posts you have to stop and ask yourself why you opened that thread in the first place

/ksg/#3415+
/ddlc/#442

He was already retarded

Maybe play some games other than visual novels and story games faggot.

>there's threads that have a high amount of female posters on them. If you're reading low quality posts
True.

Saying that people are getting to know each other in generals is same as saying that people are getting to know each other on Sup Forums. I frequented 5 different generals and have one main and I don't know a single person from /vg/.
Some fags abuse trip function and when general population of a general lets it slide that is when general goes to shit.

I would say no they just bad in a different way They're both boards of excess Sup Forums is too much have /vg/ is too much love. For your own sanity it's probably best to take both in moderation.

No they don't. They talk about social shit more than video games

>he

they talk about off topic shit
and ban you if you talk about off topic shit

or if you ask a question about the game they just straight up ignore you.

yeah threads go silent if anyone ever asks to play a game too

I love Junko!

Relatively, yes.