Things in games you didn't know about until way after playing them

Things in games you didn't know about until way after playing them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mjdXyvYQ8IU
youtube.com/watch?v=IaksmndynT8
youtube.com/watch?v=naOkapnTe7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there is a dash in turok ala unreal

This
youtube.com/watch?v=mjdXyvYQ8IU
It's pretty unpolished in the n64 version with some floating polygons but they fixed that in the 3ds version

This isn't the final boss.

>Played through all of Stalker without knowing you could knife open crates and stashes

WHAT!?

In Darksiders 1 at the last boss, you can use your horse to run around

If you press backspace while in battle in Mount & Blade : Warband, it brings up a tactical map where you can control units like an RTS.

There's a ton of illusory walls in Dark Souls II with useless shit in them like firebombs that I didn't know about until I played it with a friend

>.gif
Grandpa, this isn't 2011 anymore.

me too, i just thought they were random world objects and paid them absolutely no mind

Just tonns of MGS-shit in general

Discovered that The End will die of old age after a week, because my friend was playing it at my house, and a week went between when he started the fight, and came over to finish it

But yea, MGS has just an abundance of this type of shit

the fuck

First time I played through blind
Next time I played through with the wiki in order to not miss stuff
The sheer extent of side content and choices that can affect things in this game his fucking staggering.

This was the best thing I could find. Sorry grandson.

I didn't know about Untended Graves and Archdragon Peak in DS3 until recently.

How do you change it to that?

what.

Only learned about that due to some user posting that gif a few weeks ago.

Makes you wonder if there is anything left to find, even though SM64 has been dissected thoroughly.
90s Nintendo was literally magic.

That 1up was known, just not to everybody, just like how half the moves or so in pokemon gen 1 didn't even work properly.

It's probably one of the rare reloads that have a tiny chance of happening.

It's a rare reload that only happens once in a blue moon.

you think thats insane wait until i tell you about the dash in halo

ColePhelps.png

I don't even know how to do the kick slide

Those aren't his eyes, those are his nostrils. His eyes are the 2 red spots on both ends of his head.

What's the lore explanation?

I thought this was obvious
Maybe my eyesight got better from playing warcraft

>I thought this was obvious
Clearly not considering the Doom comic artist also though the nostrils were his eyes.

I was not even aware of the medals in star fox 64 because when i played it as a kid i was so bad at it.

Stop making this thread you fucking retard.

This is the first time I've made this thread.

him hungry boi

In Punchout for the NES, the timing to counter Bald Bull's OHKO attack is dictated by a camera flash in the crowd.

>he says using the same sentence and gif used in every single one

At least these threads can sometimes be interesting compared to usual shitposting threads.

What?

I checked and there's one that has a different filename, sentence and that thread's about "your favourite game", not games in general.

haha no :) :) :) :) :) :))) ;=HPU)bpooåuijnoæl

If you blow on the mic during this section Ashey will try to cover her skirt from being blown and look towards you in disgust.

Had no idea that triangle would make Donald and Goofy focus on the enemy you're locked on to until like 4 playthroughs of Kingdom Hearts

In DS1's DLC, the abyss in Oolacile has an opening at the top, which is the same hole you can see in the Royal Wood early on. Most people don't ever see it since when you first enter the area there's a rock obscuring the top

Z + B

I thought "sidle" in Wind Waker was a mispelling of "slide" until I realized the latter makes no sense whatsoever in the situation it appears in and that the former is a real word.

What the fuck. I'm playing through 2 right now does it work there too?

youtube.com/watch?v=IaksmndynT8

A minor one, but it took me until mario kart DD to realize the final lap tune is the hurry up tune from the platformers

a

And doing that on lava won't hurt Mario?

There is a secret Codec conversation in MGS3 that makes it pretty explicit that Ocelot's mother is The Boss. To access it, immediately after the fight with Ocelot, before you do literally anything else in the cave, call EVA hundreds of times. She'll say the same thing over and over again, but do it enough times and eventually she'll have the aforementioned conversation about Ocelot's parentage.

that sheep looks sick...are you taking proper care of it?

The hearts behind the lavafall in Dodongos Cavern, and the secret room in Ganondorfs castle.

can you play this with a mouse??? i have always wanted to finish metroid prime 1-3

I didn't know about snaking until I saw a youtube vid of the game years later.

yes, emulate the wii version.

Yep. I played through the trilogy with mouse and keyboard on Dolphin. A bit wonky at first to get the sensitivity right, but it actually works.

I never knew about any of the teleports in Mario 64 until I watched Pannen's videos.

The jump in smrpg get stronger with every second use, maxing out after 300 jumps or something like that.
Also didn't realize Frogfucious gave you hints throughout the game because I had lost my instruction manual decades ago

It only took me 20 years

>That kid

i didn't know you could sneak up on enemies in bloodborne until after i beat it

i didn't know you could ditch your horse in zelda and just go to a stable and get it back

in SA1, one of the CG cutscenes shows a side of the egg carrier destroyed because of sonic going through sky deck earlier in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=naOkapnTe7Y

>i didn't know you could sneak up on enemies in bloodborne until after i beat it
seriously? you never tried it in dark souls before either?

I figured this out on my own as a kid and felt like the coolest dude when showing it off to friends who didn't believe me when I told them about it.

There is a shotgun in Devil May Cry 1. I've finished this game 4 times, but never thought about smashing the table in this room where you fight scissor witches.

nope

Its eyes aren't where you think they are

I got it the first time I played, so I thought it was normal to have it

I uh... um, didn’t know about Resident Evil 6’s trick shot stun mechanic until AFTER finishing all four campaigns... i also didn’t know Leon could weild dual pistols either.

I beat dark souls 1 without knowing you could lock on.

what are you talking about? his eyes are clear as day.

oh fuck....

I spent so long trying to do this before realising it didn't work at the beginning with the text box.

really? that's bullshit

If you light a fire near Riju she will run away, she has a chance of tripping which lets you see her panties.

not really, there's no-lock-on runs of the game even.

Interestingly, those cutscenes actually place your spawn in their respective maps, so if you are, for example, in north clock town, then the cutscene plays, if you somehow die you'll respawn in south.

If you're in a completely different area, like if you walked out from East clock town then went to southern swamp or the mountain village for example, you'll also respawn in south clock town if you die after seeing that cutscene (Without changing area) breddy neat how the game does cutscenes.

Is this from beta footage or demo?

It's okay pappy. You tried, and I appreciate that.

>tfw played Bomberman 64 in the age of rentals and had zero chance of seeing rainbow palace as a kid
It's still my favorite Bomberman by a mile.
Fuck all these grid games, I want 3D Bomberman back.

Switching materia mid battle in FF7. Ive beaten that game 20 times and even did a 100% completion run and I didn’t know about it.

In act 1 theres a breakable wall right at the beginning that takes you to a room with 4 monitors.

What a crying shame the series turned into what it did.

It’s not a game that requires serious accuracy or twitch controls, I wouldn’t worry about playing it on controller. You lock onto every enemy and object of interest, the only thing you do other than press a button to shoot in combat is strafe. It’s a game more about atmosphere and you’ll be more surprised at how good it looked for it’s time than you will think about the combat.

You can kill the snowman by running around him.

Most people know that in OOT if you kill enough skeletons in hyrule field a large one spawns. What they usually don't know is outside the spirit temple at night, the same thing happens with the green cacti and the birds.

The secret shop in the Puni tree from Paper Mario: TTYD

You know that demo that came with the directors cut of RE1? Capcom put WAY more on that demo disc than they ever intended people to see. They just took EVERYTHING they had until that point and slapped it on the disc and gated it off with the Ada cutscene in the stars office. There is loads more rooms, some finished, unfinished and even beta rooms. Most had enemies. The second floor of the police station is missing the ladder and has all the zambos.