Shadow of the Colossus

This game unironically has the single greatest soundtrack in vidya history. That is an indisputable, inarguable fact.

youtube.com/watch?v=dVNcmGjNW6c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6n4vJd3qYk4
youtu.be/WAIB8rhSfaQ?t=573
youtu.be/1hZjQHMq6oc?t=1898
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4
youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=jb7Evy9GCng
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU
youtu.be/MMlXOPrlGuM
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=8348
youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4
youtu.be/8DAJBU4Wtqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Counterpoint: youtube.com/watch?v=6n4vJd3qYk4

youtu.be/WAIB8rhSfaQ?t=573
youtu.be/1hZjQHMq6oc?t=1898

Too bad Bluepoint doesn't care about it.

Also the song you linked annoys me to no end since I've finished the game so many times.

It is arguabel. It's definitely up there.

ear cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

*blocks your path*

>Epic slow Vows combined with slow violine with legato here and there
Yeah wow. It's like, i haven't heard this one 1000 times already.
The only bloodborne soundtracks that sound like someting not generic are the gascoigne fight and maybe cleric beast. Although cleric beast gets tiring after the 2nd minute.

Now, what makes a good video game soundtrack? For me, it has to fit in. I can easily take the soundtrack you posted and paste it onto... a LotR rip-off movie or something. And it would fit perfectly. Just like the NieR automata OST, I could easily take it and paste it onto ANY JRPG or even anime and nobody would notice.

Nier tops it imo but SotC still has a masterful OST

Say what you want about how good or bad it is there aren't that many games that sounds like Nier.

Cant think of any tbqh

yes yes very good OP, however

youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

*Blocks your fucking path*
youtube.com/watch?v=jb7Evy9GCng

>That is an indisputable, inarguable fact.
*obstructs your destination*
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU

ear cancer

Most overrated game of all time.

what would you have improve for it to not be overrated?

I never said it's bad. I said it doesn't fit in the game. Like when you arrive at the Amusement Park, the music is great but it just sounds out of place.

Literally the only game that has a soundtrack vaguely similar to Nier's beyond Drakengard (barely counts as Nier's a Drakengard spinoff) is the Ar Tonelico franchise but the difference is still extremely noticeable.

Goosebumps at 3:43

Yeah but you were saying you could paste it into any JRPG and no-one would notice

Nier, its sequel and Drakengard 3 are the only ones I can think of that sounds like that.

Not him but how can you say that it is not overrated? It's an amazing game yes, but not a masterpiece.
What i would improve?
>The protags running animation
It's clear tha they spend 50% of the games budget on agro considering that it's still the best looking horse animations in video games. But the protag running around like he just shat himself ruins the mood of the game and it's a shame con sidering, again, how amazing all the other animations look, like how he draws the bow.
>Make it twice as long.
It's 4 hours long. Why? Well you travel from one area with nothing into another area with nothing to fight a boss here and a boss there. There clearly are mechanics for platforming and climbing, as seen in the first boss and the third one. Just do more of those and add 2 or 3 more bosses. you know, the ones that got cut.

The game is pretty overrated, but the sound-track is great.

Nier Automata

I agree.

Running animation is a nitpick and asking for more than 16 bosses is a reach. I don't think it's overrated, and these two things wouldn't justify the rating somehow... I mean I'd want a bit more story exposition like a backstory.

what the fuck why

>''and asking for more than 4 hours of gameplay is a reach''
Brudi....

posting best song from game
like, comment, subcribe if you agree

youtu.be/MMlXOPrlGuM

not many people speed run.
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=8348

What's wrong with the ps4 version of the OST? I haven't listened to it yet.

If it takes you longer than 6 hours than you are walking and not using the horse. I just cant imagine it being 10 hours long. Show me your save files. It's practically impossible.

>9 hours
Maybe if the player just like sight-seeing, but this game is not that long.

watch the clips

I see you are 2 of the 3 speed runners polled there. I am one of the 515 normal players polled.

I don't speedrun ever. SotC is not nearly that long.

Whatever dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4

>indisputable, inarguable fact
Nah

That's not Chrono Cross but yes, the 2nd best vidya soudtrack easily.

>kids music
>great soundtrack
uhm, i don't think so sweetie.

LITERALLY farts

Best song from an underrated game.
youtu.be/8DAJBU4Wtqg

Absolutely right OP