Kaz Hirai steps down as Sony CEO, Kenichiro Yoshida named as replacement

Get ready for the dark days of PlayStation.

theverge.com/2018/2/2/16962934/new-sony-ceo-kenichiro-yoshida-kaz-hirai
businessinsider.com/kaz-hirai-is-stepping-down-as-ceo-of-sony-2018-2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eaBUeINW_3s
youtube.com/watch?v=cZcyH9WZD2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CEO when?

>Get ready for the dark days
Except that we've already been going through them with all this VR shit and movie games

is this good or bad?
how will this affect sony?

FINALLY APE ESCAPE 4 CAN BE MADE

and thus ends the era of sonydomination the only fit replacement would be

*inhales*

>Yoshi now leads Sony

*exhales*

>Get ready

You mean they aren't already here?

They've completely abandoned the consumer because they made their cash.

Redpill me on this Yoshida guy. What can we expect from him?

When he took over sony in april 2012 stock was $12~.

>Kaz Hirai was the one person stopping the merger of the PlayStation division and Sony Pictures into one multimedia division

We're fucked

How the hell did Kaz stay on so long after nosediving the entire Playstation division with the PS3?

Kaz is literally swapping chairs with Yoshida, what's with all the doom and gloom?
What does that have to do with videogames anyway?

that was ken kutaragi's fault more than anything

Because PS4.

FUCK YOU KAZ YOU DOOMED RIDGE RACER

But Yoshida is a good guy

Isn't a CEO only like the top dog in the marketing section of a company and NOT the actual owner of it? I think the COO is the legit owner of a company.
Also, Kaz Hirai is President AND CEO and is stepping down from his CEO position.

>age 57

Trying to turn Sony around has drained his life force

Can the new guy axe all the movie games? Please.

IT'S RIDGE RACER
RIIIIIIDGE RAAACEEER

*inhales again*

>new guy

Kimishima-san wirr be stopped.

*sneezes*

Here's to you Kazuo and House

>and House
Fuck House, I'm glad he's gone.

Why? He's Kojima's bro. Set him up with his own studio and shit. You think it was just Kaz telling him to help Kojima being his old pal from the PSX days?

Both of these retards pushed for remasters. House being the worst anti consumer faglord at Sony. Good riddance to that anti backwards compatibility snake.

moshi moshi, Anduru Hasu desu.

>Why?
He killed the Vita, promoted moviegames and shitty remasters coupled with pushing for garbage western games, he was cancer that was killing the Playstation brand.
>He's Kojima's bro.
And Kojimbo's a fucking hack, not a surprise they're friend.

>He killed the Vita
lol

Your post is AIDS cancer.

>He killed the Vita
He didn't. He supported it but without dedicating major resources to it. It still had ton of niche games. Really all Vita missed at the end was a Monster Hunter and a Gran Turismo title. The former was out of their control. The latter was a geniune fuck up. They could've just ported GT6 over or some shit. Other than that Vita did fine given its extremely modest sales numbers.

>promoted moviegames
He lets studios make the games they want to make. Naughty Dog has ton of freedom under Sony. It's just the direction they choose to take with their games. Same with SCEJ choosing to go more gameplay-driven.

Playstation brand is stronger than ever so I don't know what you're even talking about.

Time for Nintendo and Microsoft domination, Sony is on its way out.

Will the new CEO be able to save the Vita?

>He didn't.
>Hey, let's not promote our own handheld at all
>Nah scratch that, let's make actual false advertisement that would get us in legal trouble
>It would also be a cool idea if all our big studios would make all their stuff multiplats with the PS4, that would sure help the Vita
>The E3? We don't need to show anything for the thing
>Oh shit, why isn't is selling itself?
>Better stop doing anything for it, man I wonder why it failed, it must be our userbase not wanting handhelds after all
>yep
You're such a fucking corporate whore, take House's cock out of your mouth and think why the thing only did well in Japan, where it was actually promoted and had support other than indieshit.

It's a publicly traded company. Their is no one single owner. The CEO is technically in charge of all the daily goings on and has the ability to make big moves in the company. He is still subject to approval from the board of directors though.

Vita stopped selling long before the PS4

You fucking nigger you're delusional to think Vita could ever hit big when the PSP audience (teens, young adults) had already left for mobiles long ago. They did the far more prudent thing focusing on their stronger platform allowing them to gain the upper hand there.

I believe the Playstation division is one of the few ones making Sony money.

>Press F to spit

F

*farts a bit*

he's now HONORABLE CHAIRMAN

Then your information is about 5 years out of date.

So do you think Kaz chose to step down or was he asked to?

Feels strange for the board to remove Kaz when he's brought them back from the brink of destruction to all-time high profits.

Guess they better prepare their anus for Disney's cock.

Kaz singlehandedly saved Sony

So why was he forced out?
He probably has some skeleton in the closet like a fondness for enjo kosai or something.

Him wanting to call it quits while at the top seems more likely.

The guy probably can't keep up anymore and chose a less stressful position, look at how old he looks just after six years, saving the company took its toll on him.

>we
Fuck off consoletard

So it's full on old man yakuza fight now ? kimishima vs yoshida ?
place your bets Sup Forums

Wasnt Yoshida the guy who said Souls games will never be relevant?

That can't be it.
Find me a Japanese businessman that isn't fucking high-school girl prostitutes daily. You can't.

Motherfucker turned a shitshow of a company bleeding money in every department into a goddamn juggernaut. God bless, Kaz. You did good, kid.

different guy

Even Miyamoto?

Explain how the 3DS managed to stay for so long that even Nintendo fans want it to die.

Especially Miyamoto.

Especially miyamoto

Death imminent

I don't know if that's supposed to be good or bad news. I don't know who Kenichiro Yoshida is.

>he didn't want to combine the game and movie divisions
>gets shitcanned

oh boy

i cant wait for sony games to become even more cinematic

PS3 only struggled in the US. Worldwide, it dominated alongside the fad that was the Wii

Probably. He's made a legacy as the man who managed to give birth to a whole new type of entertainment through Playstation and then saved all of Sony at the peak of his career. He can just coast off this the rest of his life.

PS3 destroyed all the profits from the PS1 and PS2. To this day it is still billions of dollars in the red.

Derete this

Yoshida was one of the strong supporters of axing the Sony Pictures division after those leaks

>be Kaz
>fucking love Ridge Racer
>want to show off Ridge Racer to all game journalists
>tfw nobody shares your unconditioned love for RIDGE RACER
youtube.com/watch?v=eaBUeINW_3s

How many CEOs these days are geniune fans of their own industry? Kaz was such a guy to the point where he was almost mocked for it.

I dont really get why anyone needs to "coast off" something like this anyways. He probably has more momey than he knows what to do with. He is old. He doesnt really need to coast off his SONY fame he can just life as comfy or luxuriously as he wants. Is he aiming for prime minister or what?

Maybe its a rich people thing idk.

Anyone has that video of Kaz during a PS1 conference, back when he was chubby as hell

Miyamoto is a dirty dog.

Ridge Racer Type 4 is one of the best racing games of all time, I can't blame him.

>the only gook that can actually speak english will be replaced with more engrish at press conferences
fuck me

>namco never fixed ridge racer while kaz was there
it's sad

Shuhei Yoshida can speak sort of fluent english so there's that

*dunk*

youtube.com/watch?v=cZcyH9WZD2E

>It's all about software
Words of wisdom there, chubby 90's Kaz.