It was a really good game

It was a really good game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRpMeIENp-k
youtube.com/watch?v=txjs5MpATUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I waited for a mod that adds more aliens, guns and noise based alien summoning but alas, no mods, no A2 the isolationing

I wanna beat it on the highest setting.

Yes it was, fantastic beyond words, too bad trendy e-celebs and videogame "journalists" said it was too long.

I think it was long enough, worth every single penny i paid.

>The game's fucking amazing.
>It should've ended sooner, though.

I don't get it. I never will.

>noise based alien summoning
What? The game has this. You can literally bang on a wall with a wrench and the thing will come out.

Best horror game this generation and still one of the best looking games I've ever played, they nailed the oldschool scifi aesthetic so well, glorious 70's technology.

it's too bad it'll never get a sequel that isn't Aliens-tier bullshit. Fuck Aliens.

people who thought the later levels were too hard trying to articulate their problems with the game in a way that doesn't make them look like total faggots

I loved the game. I don't get the people that said that the game was too long, because I really enjoyed it. Also the OST was god tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=cRpMeIENp-k

youtube.com/watch?v=txjs5MpATUg

I felt like I was in the first movie when I played this game.

Nono, I meant if you shoot and shit then more aliens come out of woodwork

The only problem i had is that the game kinda drags for a while. I had this feeling like it was gonna end soon, but it doesn't
Then again, i have the feeling of reaching the end, and it doesn't again
At one point i was done with the game and i just wanted to finish it as quick as possible

It was fucking fantastic. Stayed true to the aesthetic of the original film too. Loved the mini games, the menus, the 8 bit sounds and the OST, particularly on the menu. Not to mention how fucking gorgeous it looked/still looks three years later and how fucking well it ran. I played it in 2015 and it looked great and ran fine on a HD 6850 and a Phenom II x4 955

It did give off the feeling of thinking it was nearly over only for it to go on a bit longer. Same with Bioshock. You assumed it would end soon after killing Ryan and the twist reveal, but you end up playing for a few more hours on levels that weren't as good.

That being said I still enjoyed the hell out of it, and I kept to a schedule of playing it only at night with DUDEWEEDLMAO, so my ass was clenched like fuck the entire time.

I felt like it should have ended when you blew up the nest. It was a natural climax and it did feel a bit drawn out when it wasn't the end, for about half an hour til you got back into it again.

no
it shat on ridley scotts legacy
graphics were insane tho

Yeah me too

During the game i also was kinda frustrated that i had all these weapons and i just couldnt use them because the xenomorph was still lurking around, eventually though i could blast my way through. It was a nice playstyle change.

I had this too, I think it's a pacing problem. I really liked the game but when I get that feeling it's gonna end I'm like, alright might as well finish it now. But then it didn't really finish for quite a while.

That's why I liked the short sequence between killing the first alien and the nest. There you could roam around the ship and there were only the working joes you had to watch out for. I liked that there was a part where there wasn't an alien around

>find the shotgun in the baggage claim
>aww yeah, things are finally coming up Ripley

>Video game managed to be better than the Prometheus arc movies.
What the fuck happened to Ridley Scott?

I hated it.
One of the few times PreRec's review was 100% spot on.
Not scary, stupid hide and seek gameplay, WAAAY too long for how simple the gameplay is.

I asked this myself after Prometheus but gave him another chance.
After Covenant he can go fuck himself. He lost it. Why can't someone talented take the mantle and handle this franchise?
After playing this game i wish this Ripley was a thing and we had a movie with her.

>prerec
those stupid bald fucks wouldn't know how to play a game like this if someone came up to them and explained it
they have no imagination, no sense of getting sucked into a game
they played it probably during daylight while watching something else on another screen and doing chat on their laptop at the same time
then going hurrrr, it's not scary, no ofc not dumb fucks, you play it at night with headphones on
most of the people doing vidya reviews shouldn't be allowed to come near vidya ever
they just make video's for cash, they aren't gamers, they don't know dick, they are just and barely grasp basic mechanics
rich is a huge xcom fan yet his understanding of the game is minimal, he sucks soooo bad at xcom2, im sitting there watching thinking about 6 trillion possibilities and he takes almost every turn the wrong one, or worse he doesn't think he just clicks
like his brain doesn't work, aids moby is just a autistic pot plant.

I started on nightmare mode. You simply turn back to where you came from and hide. Over. And over. And over. Maybe I should have started on medium difficulty or something.

When the title screen says the game was meant to be played on Hard mode, it MEANS the game was meant to be played on Hard mode. Play it on Hard Mode first.

Nightmare is much more difficult but is a billion times more tedious and frustrating, it is not a good experience.

Duly noted