Peace grants men the illusion of life

>Peace grants men the illusion of life.
>Shackled by falsehoods, they yearn for love, >unaware of its grand illusion.
>Until, the curse touches their flesh.
>We are bound by this yoke.
>As true as the Dark that churns within men.

>All men trust fully the illusion of life.
>But is this so wrong?
>A construction, a facade, and yet...
>A world full of warmth and resplendence.
>Young Hollow, are you intent on shattering the yoke, spoiling this wonderful falsehood?

Fire > Dark

Men are happy with this illusion. Why do you seek to put out the first flame?

wow what a great final boss

just kidding

As much as you kids to shit on ds2, i really liked aldia and all his appearances in the game. I also liked his ending being a big fuck you to the world to see what happens.

*like to shit on ds2.

>oxybrain.

>men are happy with this illusion

Maybe that's because they don't know it's an illusion? What Gwyn did was that he made humankind forget they were bound to darkness, instead he created the whole cycle of linking the first flame so that men were drawn to the light.

>i really liked aldia and all his appearances in the game.

shame it was regulated to DLC

>big fuck you to the world to see what happens.
Well the plan totally succeeded ohohoho.

I only played sotfs, but he makes appearances throughout the core game when playing it like that. At a number of the primal bonfires, when reaching the crypt with agdayne iirc and maybe a handful others.

This reads like a 17 year old wrote it.

>but he makes appearances throughout the core game when playing it like that.

I call bullshit. He is the Scholar of the First Sin, so why would he be in the non SotFS edition?

it's a giant head bro

They updated it when the DLC was out or with SOTFS, don't remember. I replayed Vanilla DS2, no DLC and he spooked the shit out of me. Didn't expect that or know about it, fun moment

No, i mean during the sotfs version of the game, he appears through the normal routes - he isnt limited to only appearing in th dlc specific areas. He was retroactively placed in the base game areas in the sotfs version.

He actually doesn't appear in DLC at all in SOTFS, only on the main quest

its been a while, but that sounds right now that i think about it - i thought he was integrated really well too, the first time he popped up i fucking shit myself lol.

why would you think wolnir is related in any way

I really wish they had brought him back in some capacity in DaS3. One of the most interesting characters in the series desu.

Not him, but:
>Crown of Wolnir, the Carthus conqueror.
>Once upon a time, such things were bequeathed judiciously to each of the rightful lords, until Wolnir brought them to their knees, and ground their crowns to dust. Then the crowns became one, and Wolnir, the one High Lord.
A lot of people take this as Wolnir being the BotC.

That doesn't mean shit, though, because almost every lord or king in DkS universe has a crown. Also the Bearer of the Curse sought the middle-ground between light and darkness, not to be immortal.

this is such a fucking stretch not even vaatividya would go for it

I never said I believed it, but that's where the fan fiction comes from.

I fucking hate lorefags.

Why do people believe that Aldia broke free of the cycle?
I thought that he outright tells you that all of his efforts are failures.

In light of DaS III, was Nashandra trying to usurp the first flame and usher in an Age of Dark/Man?
Kind of makes King Vendrick look like a coward if that is true.

Who the fuck knows, the game doesn't say anything about this.
And I doubt that they developed DS2 with any context of the ending of 3rd game in mind