Can we have another comfy sims thread like yesterday?

comfy sims music:
youtube.com/watch?v=399YneFTwh0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM
youtube.com/watch?v=AOjtTPhDv-A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ziUoUJhr8qw
youtube.com/watch?v=M-kPWGfF5UU
youtube.com/watch?v=8gGHQicQUw4&index=3&list=PLFD0B65AF1A236E8C
youtube.com/watch?v=x-QUpfMlf48
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

What expansion pack would make you want to buy Sims 4
Should EA/Maxis just give up with Sims 4 and start making Sims 5

I think the sims is dead in general, so i doubt they'd bother

>sims is dead in general
It's an easy money maker considering the amount of stuff packs they keep making for 4.

not really, they still have profit so they still care about the series to spawn a sequel
Sims is kinda like CoD, even if the next installment underperforms at the box office, they still have profit
university or seasons

>Sims 1 and Sims 2 are too old
>Sims 3 runs like garbage
>Sims 4 lacks content

I have to say, none of the new Sims are as comfy to me as Sims 1. TS1 had the perfect blend of music, characters, gags, objects. I always loved how everything in build/buy mode included a funny description. I loved throwing house parties in the hopes that TV's Drew Carey should show up. The build mode tunes always made me emotional. I loved cucking Bob Newbie with my black sim whose name was Booty Tang.
I'm sad none of the new Sims games will never give me this level of comfiness. Bring back Will Wright.

>Should EA/Maxis just give up with Sims 4 and start making Sims 5
they probably started making sims 5

Who even buys all those item packs they release? You can get better content from modding sites than from those packs EA releases.

What are the best expansion packs for the sims 3?

>Sims 3 runs like garbage
Just accept that the poorly coded mess will stutter even with quantum computing it's not even that bad and get used to the choppy 60fps after forcing v-sync on so that your GPU doesn't melt.

sims 2 build mode has those descriptions too
> I loved cucking Bob Newbie
why tho, if you cucked Mortimer that would be understandable, but Bob was the GOAT

I miss the old days of The Sims. Before all the jewry.

>Who even buys all those item packs they release?
enough people to make them release more expansions and sequels later on

LGR?

Noe one's ever managed to fix it's performance issues?

it was discussed yesterday, to fix the problems Maxis would had to start the game over from zero
there are mods that fix some bugs but that's all

Is Sims 4 actually worth getting now?

You forgot
>Sims 3 faces look like potato mutants
What the FUCK were they thinking?

getting? no
pirating? yes

Wasn't Sims4 supposed to be an MMO-like but after how bad SimCity did, they had to scrap it all?

>Drew Carey
I completely forgot he was in the first sims

Depends on what you're looking for, but I'd suggest Generations (adds buy objects and is nice if you like to play through the generations), Ambitions (adds careers), Seasons (aesthetics) and Pets (for pets). Supernatural too if you like werewolves, witches etc.
Avoid World Adventures (buggy mess and generally not an interesting expansion pack) like the plague.

there was a sims mmo, called sims online, which was shut down a year before sims 3 came out iirc
I don't know if they wanted to make a sequel to that and scrapped tho

>tfw the good times in sims 2 building and playing in that Chad's house that had that pool bathube ting i forgot the name of on the roof and a maiden that i banged
>playing goth on sims on the ps2
>the mysteries surrounding bella on sims 2

Fuck these games can be so comfy. I remember in my country there was this website where people made diaries. Like stories with images from the game. I enjoyed reading em

that was Don, he was the only pre-made sim I enjoyed play with
once I made a sim in the likes of Don, he banged the latina sisters, the president of the garden club and the burglar who robbed him

Oh, yeah. Don was his name. Sims 2 had some damn comfy times. Wouldn't be the same returning to it now.

The sims, much like dragon age and mass effect, is dead. Made by people who were afraid that including burglars would "trigger" some players. It's a series for women with shitty laptops solely now.

>who were afraid that including burglars would "trigger" some players
actually players demanded burglars, it was them who believed burglars would ruin the safety feeling of the game, and neglected the fans asking for a burglar update

Seasons and University

Best sims with features and mods? Was thinking of making a house with the r6 siege operators but wasn't sure

That's what I'm saying, Maxis(((EA))) excluded it because they want to create all encompassing safe spaces now. I want to go back in time and relive the magic the first game gave me, not suffer through the cancer it's become and will be til the day I die.

For me
Nightlife
People kept saying it runs/lags like shit, but I barely noticed much difference between Bridgeport and Sunset Valley even without mods Even after many hours of play the game was still playable.
The new skills and instruments you could play was a nice bonus to the city living and it's the world/expansion that I spent the most time in.
Celebrity system was meh, but you can opt out entirely which is nice.

University
It's noticeable when playing the base game with no expansions that the game was made in pre-smartphone era, because your cell-phone is just a brick you use to call people.
University fixes that and just adds a lot of stuff in general to mess around with.
The whole social group system was an annoyance but it was both optional, unless you want a certain rabbithole jobs or the extra trait you get for max rep, and easy to max out.

Ambitions
The professions and activities it added were alright.

World Adventures
3 worlds to adventure in and the mini-puzzle tombs were different enough to spice up the average Sim routine. Also, being a sexpat.

They exclude burglars but they make vampire attacks trigger almost every fucking night unless I've got garlic planted in every corner of my house. What a bunch of stupid fucking cunts.

I am still mad about Sims 3
The memory bug ruined everything. I would have played it for a long time, I really enjoyed the content.

>People kept saying it runs/lags like shit, but I barely noticed much difference between Bridgeport and Sunset Valley even without mods
My main issue with Bridgeport is that it takes ages for your Sim to get anywhere. Biggest problem of that is the subway, but still.

I miss him Sup Forums

New to The Sims series. I didn't like 4 at all. should I move on to 3 or 2?

2 is too old. 3 runs like shit. There are no alternatives.

We all do buddy, we all do

what annoys me is that vampires in 2 were stylish barons, counts and baronesses, like the Lugosi Bela portrayal
in 4 they are either like from Twilight or from Nosferatu

I feel ya man its the greatest iteration of the sims but is just ruined by its technical flaws

2 is still fun. And ultimate collection was given out for free if you bent your dignity for a moment and had origin

don't listen to him Sims 2 with all expansions and stuff packs are still pretty awesome and you can download the ultimate edition which installs everything only problem the IKEA furnitures stuff pack doesn't appear in-game, so you have to install that separately after you finished installing the ultimate collection

3 isn't so bad if you have an up to date rig and an ssd. Just install a few NRAAS mods such as overwatch and mastercontroller, force v-sync on, and keep story progression off. I've never understood why so many people have issues but I've never played with SP on. Almost all expansions installed and it takes all of 2 minutes in total to get in game, other than a minor stutter everything works perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=ziUoUJhr8qw

Your town will eventually bake itself

>god to create a family of 2 bachelors and bachelorettes
>put my best effort to make them look nice
>all moved into one house
>they were set to be in a relationship beforehand but I just kept rolling with the flow
>eventually the original pairs broke up and there was a crisscross between them
>now they all had good jobs, skills and had enough to move out and live separately as two families
It was the most fun I had in the Sims 3 ever and yet it all got ruined because I couldn't anything. I think this all happened in a single session. Fuck them. I actually had fun.

Sims 2 is just 4 but older and more content. Not different content, though, for the most part. If he didn't like 4, he sure as fuck won't like 2. All 4 is lacking when compared to 2 is Seasons, Travel and University by now.

save anything, is what i meant to say

me and my sister used to play the shit out of sims 1, had all the expansions too

i still remember the day we got sims 2 and played it, what an amazing upgrade it was

GOAT

Does it have business and dating minigames? I liked that about two.

yeah but by that he won't like any of the sims games

The Sims also look like complete shit and playing without story progression rips a huge part from the game for me. It's really fucking boring when nobody but you does anything.
It's one of the biggest flaws of 4. The neighborhood barely has any agency.

You can manage a retail lot and even a restaurant in sims 4 Get to work

There's a dating minigame in at base, it works the same as all events you start where you have to fill up a bar by completing random objectives from a list.

Businesses are in as game packs, one for opening a restaurant and one for ships.

>business minigames
what? I spent playing sims 2 more than 1000 hours in the past 10 years and I don't remember business minigame, by dating minigame I suppose you mean that on dates there is a date-o-meter in the right corner with a timer

Huh? I always play sims 1 style: No aging, no story progression. Played well over 200 hours and other than some minor save bloating where I didn't turn memories off, everything was the same performance wise from start to finish.

You could make/buy and manage you own store. What did you think Open for Business was for?

oh really open for business
actually I never really played that one

Mods remedy the looks somewhat but I never liked story progression because it made everything way too random, it had the opposite effect on me. It made the game too chaotic and random. I prefer the simplicity of the first game, I feel like most of the people who play the later games never played nor liked the first.

I played it and liked it

I shouldn't assume everyone played every expansion but yeah that one allows to you manage you own store. You could also just sell shit out of your home.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-kPWGfF5UU

>Mods remedy the looks somewhat
People always claim that, but I have yet to see it

depends on what mods you use

I want to play Sims 1 again, but the motives decay too quickly and it's driving me crazy. Is there any way to slow them down or do I have to resort to cheating?

Can someone explain why Sims 1 feels like a completely different game and genre ( in a good way ) than every other game in the series? The other games don't compare for me

Literally because of this guy. I know how you feel bro. It is in a league of its own and there will never be another game like it.

My favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=8gGHQicQUw4&index=3&list=PLFD0B65AF1A236E8C

Wait, isn't that the guy who made spore?

May he rest in peace

>Simcity has shitty coop shoehorned in
>The Sims would be fun as fuck with coop, but gets none

What do I do Sup Forums?

Is nuSimsoyty worth a pickup? The graphics always seemed so fun

Get Cities: Skylines.

Sims threads are coming non-stop now, are they?
Complete the circle and make a Deus Ex themed neighborhood or household.

>university
Really? I didn't even bother with it in Sims3, it didn't appeal to me.

What's good, Mine Negroids

>tfw my sims 4 game has gone 110% degenerate and I'm too far gone to go back
>Main family is a futa girl married to another woman, both of whom have a threesome and impreg fetish so they seduce random women and have the futa knock them up
>Their adopted daughter is married to their biological son
>That pair's daughter is married to her own aunt who is another futa, and their son is the twink fuccboi of a gay black married couple
>The original pair's youngest daughter was turned into a vampire and has become a Dark Lord that converted an entire town into her slaves
>And besides their children the futa has sired at least 15 others
How do I stop this ride

Go to the Deli

youtube.com/watch?v=x-QUpfMlf48

The puzzle tombs, as simplistic as they were, were fun stuff to fuck around with. I hope they do more with that.

Is there any way to set up a bunk bed without Generations?

You're becoming a regular sight at this point.
Careful or you might get old.

maybe i should take a week off and come back later?

When did you realize Sims was nothing but fantasy and fetish fulfilment?

Don't sweat it, it's cool, but I didn't expect you to become so much of a regular.
HEY, I got that ass shot in the end. I'm surprised Dad is visiting the kitchen with pants on, how out of character for him.

Tomb are fun, but I'm incredible butthurt that to complete a China mission I have to go to France.

Speaking of degeneracy, can I make a loli futa vampire that fucks who she pleases? This will determine whether or not I give Sims 4 a chance.

anyone else had one dead sim after every party?

the console versions of Bustin' Out and 2 had co-op and it was fun

Oh, he's not a crazed, sex driven barbarian all the time. He can be a capable Family man to his wives and kids.

Modthesims may have one, or you can find pirated versions of the bunk beds that were on the official Sims 3 store. Otherwise, no.

what's with his skin?

Thread ruined, later.

>Futa Vampire
Yes
>Loli
No, as far as I know you can only go as young as teen with sex stuff unless you find some sort of child sex mod. WHich i don't think has been made for Sims 4, it's in Sims 3 though.

It was pretty strange, how the radiant opportunities could ask you to go and prepare an Egyptian dish for a cooking contest on your starter week.

I had the sims 1 buying theme (number 3) in my head whilst browsing appartments today. Ironic to find this thread. Loved sims 1 and 2. Found 3 a bit meh but not super bad. (My biggest turn off was not beeing able to look inside of the fucking stores, Seriously fuck that.)