MONSTER HUNTER WORLD WILL BE A HUGE FLOP AND THE JAPANESE AUDIENCE HATES IT

>MONSTER HUNTER WORLD WILL BE A HUGE FLOP AND THE JAPANESE AUDIENCE HATES IT
>IT WILL SELL LIKE SHIT AND CAPCOM WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER MONHUN AGAIN

>MHW proceeds to sell like hot cakes with very positive scores
pcgamesn.com/monster-hunter-world/monster-hunter-world-sales-numbers
Apologize

>MONSTER HUNTER WORLD WON'T BE CASUALIZED AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FIXED BECAUSE BETA IS THE OLD BUILD
>literally nothing changed since beta and game is easier than portable 3rd

and?

literally SEETHING in the first reply, this is great.

t. Switchlet that plays casual games

>gets rid of annoying shit
>casualized

so how do I deal with a monster that's enraged?
what does it mean when the monster needs to sleep?
also when do monsters get hungry to eat poisoned meat?

Ah yes I miss hardcore features like having to remember to restock whetstones, an item so cheap and abundant that they might as well be infinite, and having to wait for a loading screen between zones before finding out if I'm going to immediately get charged by the offscreen monster or not

WHY AM I STILL HAVING ERRORS TRYING TO MATCHMAKE

>so how do I deal with a monster that's enraged?
Not much you can do besides playing better.
>what does it mean when the monster needs to sleep?
If it's weak enough it will seek out his nest to sleep. You'll get a few free hits. The first hit on a sleeping monster does extra damage so choose the most powerful single hit attack to wake it.
>also when do monsters get hungry to eat poisoned meat?
Just don't bother with it unless it's a certain pickle. Generally though you should not be seen by it when placing it and then it's just RNG.

There is literallly nothing wrong with a game being casualized

To add to this, most people like putting down mega bombs and setting them off while they're asleep. I usually set them off with a mega bouncebomb but idk if that's right

Oh boy, I sure was wrong about MHW. Guess I should just go back to playing an overly grindy PS2-level handheld game where the hardest part is dealing with how the I can't properly run and move the camera at the same time, or how I have to spend twenty minutes collecting herbs and mushrooms and honey every other quest. Oh boy it'll sure be fun fighting monsters on a sparse, mostly flat ground with little vegetation. Yes, surely the world where the only way to use the environment are the knee-high ledges is much better than the one that has actual living tools to utilize. God forbid the fact that I don't have to arbitrarily watch and do nothing as a monster teleports literally across the entire map through some massive tunnel that I'm not allowed to use, truly the necessity of a Paintball is so much better than actually chasing a monster as it flees.
Yes, I'm going back to my 3DS, where the monsters have virtually no interactions and might as well he two blocks slamming into one another as they try to hit me.
Things were soooo much better on the 3DS.

>MHW retail sales: 1.2m
>MH4 Retail sales: 1.8m

The sales are fucking shit and are declining.
>b-b-but muh digital 800k!!!!
If we’re going down that path then 4 could have done 2.6m and would still put it above MHW first week sales.

1.2 is amazing considering how many PS4 are out in Japan

The salt in this pasta always gets me. It’s like you can’t have an opinion that the previous games were in fact better without some salty faggot calling you a nintendronne.

It’s perfect. I’ve finished MHW and MHXX and MH4U and 4U and XX is so much better.
>b-b-but muh gathering.
4U and XX added farms keep proving you never played either.

Everything in that pasta is truth and you can keep on pretending.

>game isn't an arthritis demon holocaust and you can actually see what you're doing and control the game without getting bonitis

It's not casaulized, it actually is playable.

according to Famitsu's estimates the game has sold a bit over 2 million in JP

This. Most of the "challenge" in the 3DS ones was adjusting to the controls and wrestling with the camera.

So should is the game any good? Should I buy it?

And it's also the first Monster Hunter game I've been able to remotely stomach playing.

I'll bet you're just seething at that. Say goodbye to your terrible Dreamcast-tier janky clunky dated series.

Yes and yes
Possibly the best MonHun to date

Those were both great things and you know it

Threadly reminder that the new healing system is actually more punishing because the drinking animation takes longer to finish than the flex and you need to finish it for item effects to take place.
Also healing with potions is gradual and not instant

/thread

Friendly reminder that any franchise that gets taken over by normal fags becomes a shell of its former self in a few years. Normies don't care about quality, nor they care abut the franchise's traditions, once they recognize the brand, they will buy it without second thought. Once hardcore fans become a minority, it means the company can do whatever it wants to the franchise that people will buy it anyway.

We are starting to see this with World, with its overpriced, day one, on disk DLC of content that should've been in the full game to begin with, a practice that has been condemned many times in the past that is being defended by retards, newfags, normal fags and shills as "harmless" since it's cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay. Today it's cosmetic, tomorrow it's new monsters, balance patches, necessary equipment, etc. Capcom will see that they can get away with abusive microtransactions and implement them in the game in the future, either in World itself or in the next game.

The same thing is happening with the casalisations. The series is now casualised, but since retarded normal fags have taken over, and they couldn't possibly understand or even play the older games like FU, 3U or 4U, the series' roots will be forgotten and betrayed for even more casualised, braindead gameplay for the masses, the voices of hardcore fans will be ignored since they are a minority and won't matter anymore. You can apply this to pretty much every single problem with World.

A very clear example of this is what happened to The Elder Scrolls franchise. Skyrim is braindead and casualised compared to Oblivion or Morrowind, but since normalfags took over, Bethesda was able to get away with paid DLC and constant re-releases, and people still buy it. Expect the same for Monster Hunter from now on. It's a dead franchise.

QoL Updates =/= Casualized

>/threading your own post because you're not getting enough (You)s
Just import XX already you salty fag

>The series is now casualised
the series has been casual trash since Tri.

fpbp

Quads confirm. MHW is casualised garbage.

The only people asshurt about casualization are soyboys who missed the boat on the initial experience. If you've put 1500+ hours into old MH and still want tedious bullshit left in you must be one disgustingly stagnant NEET.

>I want instant rewards!!!

MH isn’t the game for you. Go and cry about it on resetera

I hope this is a pasta because I have trouble believing someone could have their head this far up their ass and make a post like this

this it appeals to westboos

>All the butthurt replies
Thanks user for keeping it legit.

>I'm a hyperbolic faggot who will never stop seething
When will you cucks reach the acceptance stage of grief? It's taking way too long. I know this board is the Nintendo fanboy safespace but still.

>MUH CAMERA

I never had a single problem controlling the camera in the PS2, PSP and 3DS games. What’s the problem?

Not an argument, try again, subhuman.

>people pretending infinite whetstones takes away from the experience when in the previous games you literally always had 20 on you because they were purchasable for pennies at the store

Is there anything more pathetic than franchise purists?
"We liked all the tedious preparation bullshit.
We hate all this renewed interest in *our* series, reeeeeeeeee"

The problem is that those "people" never played the older games to begin with.

World still has preparation too, making it clear that the people who make these arguments haven't played it

>b-b-but nintendo!
You’re the seething one here.

You’re fucking worried that Capcom are shitting their pants currently with the low sales number in Japan and will probably jump on the Switch hype and that the game will sell more.

Friendly reminder that Capcom have not stopped developing MH for Nintendo devices with a MH coming to Switch sometime this year. And this is in case of MHW flopping in japan, which it did with its 2nd lowest MH sales to date.

So keep pretending that MH is only on PS4 and that you’ve “won” some petty console war crap when you’ve not won anything.
MH is being developed for all platforms.

>"people"

Correct one could argue it still is a bit tedious even. But it's an acceptable level of tedium now.

I tried to play both Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd because Sup Forums wouldn't shut the fuck up about them and I hated them.
World is the first Monster Hunter game I've enjoyed, all my friends enjoy it too, it's fun, Capcom made the right choice giving the game an actual budget and improving the game.

You lost. The game is fun.

We. Won. Get over it.

how do you build for a poison SnS in this game? i'm stuck with my hammer build gear for a bit. i'm assuming a bit of poison attack but confused on other useful shit.

>it flopped!
>all sources show otherwise
>THOSE NUMBERS AREN'T REAL BECAUSE I SAY SO
You're in the denial stage of grief I see. Progress, at least.

I hope you die a horrible death. Newfags who don't care about the series' traditions need to fuck off this franchise.

>Looking for what a monster is weak to, gathering mats so you can craft a weapon based on what it’s weak on and armour to help to take less damage from said Monster is somehow tedious

Man way to out yourself as a casual nigger.

>people eat up a casualized game that looks and plays like shit because it's no longer exclusive
Retarded. And for the record, I own a PS4 and PC.

ahh yes must love the series traditions of tedium, shit camera, Dreamcast level visuals, shit controls, monsters who teleport away from you, loading screens everywhere, and paintballs

1.2m is shit compared to 1.8m

>b-b-b-but muh famitsu estimate that japan by itself got 800,000 sales from digital alone!
>Estimates
>Media create actual numbers: MHW 1.2m

Go cry about it somewhere.

We don’t go off estimates. We go off actual numbers we can actually gauge faggot.

Ah you must be talking about when Monster Hunter made the jump to Nintendo.

I see you never played the older games as well. Why should i give a shit about the opinion of an inferior subhuman such as yourself?

>1.2m
It was 1.35m in three days, and you're comparing it to the first week sales of 4. I'm sure that by now it's already surpassed that number. And that's not factoring the estimated digital sales.

Next week's Media Create is gonna be great.

Whose cock do I have to suck to get a fucking Rathalos gem

I think it's reached a good level. You don't get all the mats you need after just one hunt like the fucktards on Sup Forums keep claiming, at times you still need to hunt a monster several times over for rarer mats, just not literally hundreds of times like you used to have to sometimes.
Still need to gather most things, it's just faster, which is somehow "casualized" because you don't need to watch an animation of a guy digging through stuff as long. These people pretend it leaves you vulnerable to a monster but those situations literally never happened in older games.
Whetstones were never an issue in older games and people need to stop pretending they were because it's a narrative convenience , a pack of 20 whetstones cost nothing at the store and you never had to use more than like, two in a hunt if you were good.
All the shit MH purists make up is really pathetic to see

I hope you realize that when you elitist faggots act like this is just makes me that much more happy that your series is now dead and replaced with a much better game more people are enjoying.

Post HR times for Nerg, Odo, Geus, Vaal and Xeno.

>b-but nintendo!!!
Every time with you cucks.

>all major TA runners like kyukei, Makachi, Efen, daijo, rainy, and virtually all western TA runners think MHW is fun
>mazereon, the HBG/LBG great grandpa who was infamous for bemoaning tri and 4 as the start of the series' casualization says that he is rather surprised by it, and like it more than 3U and 4
>but braindead shitters on Sup Forums hate it

Hmmmm

Paintballs were a great, at least you actually had to contfront the monster and apply it safely rather than some fucking Witcher 3 style track one footprint and the scoutflies literally point you towards the monster without even seeing it

You mean when it became exclusive? No, that's not what I'm talking about you fucking retard.

Used the GS since MHFU, wanted to try a different weapon, so I picked up a hunter's horn. How do I git gud? I can't memorize all these songs right away.

>1.2m on a system with 6m lifetime sales in japan
>meanwhile the 3ds only manages 1.8m with a 30m install base in japan

You literally can't make this shit up.

all those games released on a friday user. those numbers are from three days as well.

Scoutflies cut down on tedium enormously, and Paintballs were ALWAYS a fucking terrible system.

Being forced to constantly have them in your inventory was lame and the fact it took this long for them to realize 'hey if literally every single solitary human being who has ever played this game has a paintball 100% of the time maybe we should just find another solution' is shocking.

I already apologized by buying it, though I do hope XX does get released for the switch in america

Tribabs have no taste what else is new.

Puristfags don't like it because it's not another PS2 recolor

>you have to stick your hand in shit for 50 hours before you can tell if something's shit
Boy, do I have a bridge to sell you!

I think the game is fun but this guy is totally right. People were damage controlling like hell during the beta about the lack of difficulty and performance issues and both of those are completely unchanged.

Again, I think the game is a blast but it does have some severe issues and really needs a G rank and either a performance patch or just wait for the PC release.

>low sales number in Japan
But it's breaking records in Japan.
>and will probably jump on the Switch
Keep dreaming
>and that the game will sell more.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Lifetime sales now matter

Okay explain Bloodborne

For Monster Hunter? Yes. Opinion invalidated.
Next.

>All these salty nintenbros lol

Casual detected.

Old MH always gave you enough space to hold everything that you ever actually need to hunt. Having magical flies that point to the direction of the monster without even fucking seeing it is fucking retarded and casual.

>doesn't actually play or enjoy the series
>thinks his opinion matters

How much longer till sale faggots die out?

>BOTW was GOTY for people
>somehow monster hunter is too easy now

If the current lowest common denominator is the metric standards are judged by (as is such when the most popular game panders to the lowest common denominator), monster hunter should probably be even easier

What has Bloodborne to do with Monter Hunter selling well in japan?

Are you actually retarded? Not in the insulting way, I'm concerned about you.

Tribabs like you are so easy to spot.

Nope, those were first week sales. MHW is breaking records.

I can't wait to see your tears next Wednesday. Please make sure you use the tripcode "Denialfaggot" so I can ID you and laugh in your face.

You don’t have to use them, point invalidated shitter.

Like I said, I own a PS4 you retarded nigger.
And you faggots wonder why Sonegroes are the most hated people on Sup Forums.

Are you going to buy my bridge or what?

I'll be happy when you, you friends and everyone you know is dead, you fucking subhuman. Burn in hell.

With how much bigger the maps are you could probably spend the entire timer trying to find the right monster without the scoutflies system
Just saying, we're not in shitty loading zone land anymore

So? Tri players are oldfags.

Kill yourself.

positive scores and sales don't fucking matter
reviews are shit and people buy fucking Call of Duty still
that being said, it's my favourite Monster Hunter game and I'm having so much fun with it
I've been taking it slow and just unlocked Kirin as an Optional Quest, but I'm too tired to do that shit today
is it true there aren't many more monsters in this game?

Digital Deluxe worth it on MHW?
On PS4 btw

Let’s see a picture of it with a time stamp then faggot.

kek, enjoy Monster Hunter World 2!

>Having magical flies that point to the direction of the monster without even fucking seeing it is fucking retarded and casual.
Not even remotely how it works. You have to level them up at least once for them to start even showing anything, and they will only show you path to the next footprint/clue and not the monster until you advance to level 3. Not to mention that they don't even show the shortest route most of the time so you still have to consult the map.
Its easier to just memorize the spawn points.

>Switchlets, the same ones that believe BotW was last year's GotY, complain about framerate in Monster Hunter World

MY SIDES

Post your PS4 as well as the copies of MH games you own

Oh wait you won't

I can't wait for the Bethesda clone of this franchise. It's gonna be EPIC sick bros!