Dark Souls Remaster

So they're not fixing anything? Just improving the graphics? Kinda lame. I'd wait 2 years for a remake with the cut content.

Sup Forums is excited about playing online and that’s it

Maybe they will unfuck the controls on pc a little bit

>So they're not fixing anything?
YES
> Just improving the graphics?
YES
WILL THESE THREADS FUCKING STOP ALREADY? THIS IS JUST A FUCKING CASHGRAB, JUST A FUCKING PORT OH MY GOD. LOST IZALITH IS HERE TO STAY AND IT WON'T BE USING DAS3 ENGINE HOLY SHIT

Sup Forums would shit on it if they altered one little thing.

Where did you get the info they're improving the graphics?
There's not a single word saying there'll be any improvement.
Looking at the DS2 DX11 version, we can safely assume they'll only crank up resolution and add 60fps mode.

Framerate and resolution update along with dedicated servers and 6 phantom support.

Literally all it needs. Will be great on consoles, pointless on PC. I’m picking it up for Switch since it’s the only console I own.

I hope the fix backstabs and 99 soft humanity

What do you mean by “fix”

I hope they don't and you get disappointed and go back to your containment game instead of shitting up mine.

>and 6 phantom support.
NO

I thought they were also fixing the framerate for blighttown. That's my biggest beef. You really want them to build completely new sections of the game? You tarded?

>muh cut content
In all Dark Souls, cut content was the DLC. You already played it.

Why haven't they shown any footage or even screenshots? It's fucking out in a few months. Red flag alert

>playing games with dumbed down combat systems

no. i'll stick to nioh, thanks

>I’m picking it up for Switch since it’s the only console I own.

Why even buy a console if you're gonna buy nintenbro?

Get ganked pvp fag lmaooo

this

>You tarded?
>tarded?

I imagine you are one sad individual

Because it's the exact same game. It's like you don't know how marketing works. It's just a current-gen port thinly veiled behind a 'remaster'. Well, basically that's what a 'remaster' is in video game industry now

surprisingly accurate, except i don't know about Nioh since i didn't play it. but otherwise spot on list

Dark Souls 2 needs idiot wojack, and i'd leave Nioh completely out.

a 5v1 in Dark Souls 1 is still easier to win than a regular 3v1 gank in any other souls game.

>Playing games that have nothing else beside a good combat system

>waah demon's souls is the best because it's the least popular
Will Sup Forums ever change?

please please please fix izalith PLEASE

only when you stop coming here and stop giving any thought to them

Man, if that's all you picked up from my post, I think you might be the sad one.

nioh has an awesome art style and a much better player community

It's actually the best because it has the most fun/interesting upgrade paths, weapon movesets and builds, as well as most unique bosses.

No other game gets a 290% damage bonus for hyper mages or regen builds that are actually viable.

tell us about your daily life, user. dont lie because this is user

Nioh is literally the Austin Powers Goldmember of soulsgames.

Nioh's diablo loot and gear customization gives it amazing build variety. If you have the time to fuck around with it and theory craft, it's an autist's wet dream.

It also pads the content out really, really well.

Same, can't wait

I'm not really into all that 'builds and upgrades' stuff but the bosses were fucking garbage bruh. Maiden Astraea and Garl Vinland are one of my favorites tho

Are they atleast making co op more like dark souls 3?
Only autist would buy it on switch

I'm real down in the dumps. My cock won't stop dripping.

>I'm not really into all that 'builds and upgrades' stuff
>we want the Dark Souls 2 audience: the post

>every action rpg is a soulsclone

was dark souls your first action game kid?

you are not masturbating correctly if you are unhappy or you need to go to the hospital because you cant stop peeing.
>dripping

DSFix and DSCM are better and don't cost anything.

For me, they'd have to fix the level ranges for PvP or I would just play the original again instead.
If you invade as a blue, you fight against people 70 levels lower than you, and if you invade as a red, you invade people 100s of levels higher. FromSoft get caught up in the shaky morality element of it (you're the BAD guy, so you have to fight someone SL 500, and you're the GOOD guy, so you get to fuck up this SL 50) and forgot to give anyone a fight worth fighting. The only reason I play as a red is because if you play as a blue at a decent level you're forced to gank. In high lvl invasions, the blues are actually the assholes who want an easy win. At low lvl, it's the opposite.
The only way to fight someone at your lvl in Dark Souls is through boring honorabu duels.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. I don't like Dark Souls 2 and I think that Demon's Souls is a great game but is still not as good as Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne for me

Yeah, well, I mean Bloodborne. Same thing though, right?

>If you invade as a blue, you fight against people 70 levels lower than you
Yeah, that's the point. It also requires that the host be guilty.

>if you invade as a red, you invade people 100s of levels higher
It really depends. It prioritizes people closer to your actual level but sometimes twinks can invade 120s if there just isn't enough activity.

>Why even buy a console if you're gonna buy nintenbro?
I like Nintendo games and you have to own the console to play the games. What do you mean why even buy a console? For the games, what else?

Its all empty speculation, but I can tell you that game journalists have mentioned being surveyed about possible quality of life changes they'd like to see and the remasters developer is decent at ports and remasters that add such quality of life changes.

It won’t be as bad as DaS3. You actually have to manage stamina in DaS1. It will be easy to handle squads if you’re good and have a knowledge of the map.

dont take what they said so serious. they probably ONCE spoke positive about playstation and some nintendo baiter riled them up and now they HAVE to hate anything nintendo brought up on Sup Forums ever since because the butthurt of being replied to in a non postive way has dismantled and form of stability in their online life.

That's what my problem is. In-game, Darkmoons are played off as having the moral high ground, but it doesn't work at all because they're actually just little bitches/assholes who want a free win against lower leveled Darkwraiths.
Conversely, a red who's just looking for a fair fight, or maybe even to fight against gank squads, is being treated as if they've done something horrendous.
The morality in-game doesn't at all line up with what the players have actually done.
Obviously, I'm not talking about twinks and any other red who tries to give themselves a big advantage, but the game can't differentiate any of it anyways.

>Framerate and resolution update
>Switch

I've played a lot and the amount of times I've had to fight guys well past lvl 200 just because I go up against gank squads is fucking ridiculous.

STOP LIKING WHAT THAT GUY DOESNT LIKE!!!!!

I just meant because it's a shit console with gimmicky controllers. Super Nintendo was the last great console they made.
Nah, NIntendo just sucks. They only people that buy their shit are fanboys. And there's really nothing more sad than a fanboy.

30fps and 1080p is an update from the original 360 version I played. That was probably on average 22fps and 600p, and that was enough to make it my favorite 3D game.

There’s also the online aspect, Switch version has sold the best so far, and will have the most new players to the series. I’m looking forward to getting my red eye orb day one.

They haven't said that they won't be remodeling anything, have they?

Cloth physics among other significant visual improvements were some of the only reasons I had for considering this. If they're not remodeling or updating cosmetic physics, there's no fucking way in hell I'll buy it.

>1080p
>30fps
>Switch

>Super Nintendo was the last great console they made.
I agree with this man(female).

The only time i've seen a smart, dumb wojack post.

Bloodborne was 1080/60 and a great game.

1080/30fps* typo

>I just meant because it's a shit console with gimmicky controllers. Super Nintendo was the last great console they made.
I don’t think it’s shit. And I’m a big fan of the SNES/SFC too. The Switch has some fantastic games for being out 10 months with more on the way. It’s not extremely impressive hardware, but no good Nintendo system ever has been.

you're looking at about the same resolution and frame rate on handheld too. the thing can't even fucking run x2 without dipping below 600p

irrelevant, last time Switch tried to run a PS3 game at 1080p 30fps it had worse performance than the original and dipped down to 20s often (I'm talking about LA noire)

Yeah, that’s what the Switch version is going to be.

>it won't be using DAS3 engine
Thank god. It would ruin the essence of the game if they changed the engine.

I appreciate your objectivity, but fuck you.

switch ds2 and des

Xenoblade 2 was developed by roughly 40 people, and rushed. It is one bad example in a sea of good examples. It’s also a really fun game.

As a Nintenbro, I've never played Dark Souls before but I always hear good things. I'm excited that I'll be able to play this on Switch.

haha

no

Some ports are just bad, while others are great. Some good looking games on switch run at 1080/60 like mk8 deluxe and splatoon 2

>splatoon 2
>1080p
kek

ugh

user, you forgot to put the Dark Souls trilogy at the bottom, this list is wildly incorrect

Remaster=/=remake

tower knight is the best designed boss in all of soulsborne

>awesome art style
debatable.

>better player community
Irrelevant for judging the quality of a game.

Why do Anti-DS2 fags and pro-DS3 fags never acknowledge how 3 removed fun mechanics like hexes and powerstancing? The latter especially, it's an infinitely better way to handle dual wielding than 3's retarded dual-wield-only weapons

So its just normal Dark Souls with DSFix

Hey, there's a perfectly preserved peanut in this steaming pile of shit! How come no one's dug it out?
No one wanted to bother going back and isolating the small and few aspects of Dark Souls 2 that were worth carrying over.

I hope they improve controller support on pc, and make it so I don't need mods for the game to work.

While DS3 is without a doubt a better game than DS2, I do agree they removed some features that they shouldn't have. Bonfire Ascetics, covenant of champions and actual enemy placement changes for NG+ and dual wielding, to name a few.

>they add a giant dungeon at the bottom of the great hollow without telling anyone

Let it be

>nioh has an awesome art style

what if you don't like rainy japanese villages?

The increase to the # of players has always been fucking strange. 2 helpers was already enough so that you literally didn't have to play your own game anymore. I wonder if they'll add more noob shit.

I think an easy-to-access, consequence-less respec system is somewhere in the cutting room. It's one of those things that's easy to add to the existing engine.

Invader life is rough man. Not only do you have to go up against 4 phantoms if a blue shows up, sometimes the other invaders decide to attack you as well for some reason, in 3 they also decided that you should have your max HP and number of estus reduced, along with the existence of seeds.

I bum-rushed DaS3 the day it came out in hopes of getting early invasions in and I almost never found people playing without phantoms, usually 2 phantoms, sometimes 3. I sometimes won the fight, but it was never too enjoyable. Just too lopsided. When another phantom came in, they usually went for me, too, which was just strange. I was less aggravated over that and more sad to see that it seemed few people weren't even trying the game alone. Maybe they all unplugged their consoles for no invasions, that's what I often did.
The only way to actually have half-decent PvP in DaS3 was to use one of the covenants with a territory to defend. Otherwise, you were just a way to make shitty players feel good about themselves while they watched their phantoms kill you. It was pointless, felt like the rat covenant.

Why aren't they showing screenshots or videos?

Likely because they aren't changing anything

Shit Souls 3 actually prioritizes worlds with phantoms when you invade. I've done multiple playthroughs solo, in embered form, and never been invaded once

Why bother making anything new when you can just re-release your old games and call them remastered, definitive, ultimate etc?

I've enjoyed the newer souls games more than the old ones because their combat and UI are more polished.

I've read that QLOC has been working on the ports (there are 4 versions) for under a year. That's not nearly enough time to do anything substantial, and the studios not known for doing much past porting. Guaranteed it'll barely look better than Dark Souls 2.
I remember coming to that conclusion back when I bought it. Haven't played since release, really. Thanks for jogging my memory.
I don't know if they thought it was adding an extra challenge, but it was actually just turning it into a meat grinder.