FF15 PC BUILT FROM GROUND UP - "GENERATION AHEAD OF CONSOLES"

youtu.be/Nj8TdytIKoU

dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-for-the-pc-was-built-from-the-ground-up-is-a-generation-ahead-of-the-console-version/

>As Tabata said, the team is currently squeezing out every available second to complete the game. He then asked PC gamers to wait a bit longer and confirmed that the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition was built from the ground up just for the PC, and that – as a result of that – it is a generation ahead of what Square Enix delivered on consoles.

is he...saying "thanks for beta testing" to console users?

the game will be forever a disappointment. Just let it die, it's not worth even writing anything about it.

Does that mean that we will get the game that they showed us during the tokyo game show 4-5 years ago?

>got FFXV or 1€ at gamestop for ps4
>going to pirate it on PC with all DLC and latest patch
can't speak for all but i sure beta tested it

Considering the quality of FF games, the generation ahead makes it, what, PS3 quality ?

>next generation ahead of what square delivers on consoles
So PC games about 6 years ago?

>all this extra work on the version that won't sell many copies

you can't really say if he's lying or not

Which PC games?

>buying early access games

>tries to spoil the ending
>totally butchers it
How much of a brainlet are you exactly? Your description is 100% wrong

>Uses Gameworks
>intothetrashitgoes

It won't feel right. Plus no one will buy it.

But user thats literally what happened.

>Pissy Radeon cuck

Maybe in Royal/Windows edition they squeeze in another muh secret ending like Episode Ignis's alternate ending.

After the 780ti debacle, of course I'm going for amd.

>deliberately lying to force people to double dip
>falling for it after XV release

>can't even max out the game with a 1060

Dropped

Bro, why would you even want to suck Nvidia's dick? How do you imagine that game will end up working for people like us (consumers)?

If it works Nvidia will fuck everyone with high pricing even more than they do now. If it doesn't, they just fuck a portion of the consumer base as punishment for not buying their overpriced shit.

Do you just sit at home dreaming of the day when games not only become console exclusive, OS and exclusive, but also graphics card exclusive?

Why stop there? Why not make it CPU exclusive or motherboard exclusive? Let's just divide the ever living fuck out of the consumer base so that a couple of companies can win big.

So what was even the point of the console version?
I really feel like I dodged a bullet by not getting it. But I was so close to doing so. I've gotten all other Final Fantasies at launch, but I was careful with this one. Seems like that was the right call.

His friends aren't dead, just unconscious. That has been confirmed in interview, why would anyone think they can be killed this easily.

You can all say it's shit but I'll still get it for PC

lol the game flopped so much he's running to the mustards. joke's on him, they don't buy anything.

>ps3 is one generation ahead of ps4

I played the benchmark and it looks worse and runs worse than The Witcher 3 right now.

No, he's just trying to get you to re-buy an unfinished game you already played, and at a premium price.

The narrative in ff15 is shockingly bad. I jsut don't understand how this is the plot they push out after 15 years

Too bad the game is just shit, there’s nothing a superior gaming platform can change about that

>BUILT FROM GROUND UP
What a load of shit, the first thing i noticed in the benchmark was the terrible pop-in of shadows beyond 50 meters.

Then why does the benchmark look like shit

All of FF15 is a beta for Tabata's new IP.

>If it works *INSERT_COMPANY_HERE* will fuck everyone with high pricing even more than they do now.

Do you seriously fucking think your precious AMD would never fall to Nvidia's level? AMD's not mad that Nvidia's putting Gameworks shit in all their games, they're mad that they didn't think of it before.

Pretty much. No amount of added content will make this game feel like a complete product for anyone with a IQ 110 brain. We will have to wait for FF16, if Sqeenix management dont get too retarded again in handling that project.

>We will have to wait for FF16
Soon. Nah, it's vaporware.

But user, it's got Nvidia™ Turf™ effects, that means it's made for PC.

He needs another 10 years to build the PC version from scratch.

He is full of shit, the benchmark has literally ps4 graphics, the same shitty screen space reflections that cut off at the edge of the screen, the same shitty water shaders instead of real water physics, the complete lack of real antialiasing and optimisation comparable to final fantasy 14 1.0

it's a piece of shit

>a generation ahead

No doubt about it, gentiana is an old hag now, her skin is all wrinkly in the pc version

yeah pretty much

Do you know how to have a proper conversation buddy? I never said that AMD wouldn't try to pull it off if they were in the top dog seat. I'm saying that you shouldn't be sucking Nvidia's dick and begging for more.

It only stops when they figure out it doesn't work or hurts sales which means corporate dick suckers like you have to stop existing and start paying attention to purely the merits of the product and not accepting their attempts to force you onto their platform alone.

>He is full of shit, the benchmark has literally ps4 graphics, the same shitty screen space reflections that cut off at the edge of the screen, the same shitty water shaders instead of real water physics, the complete lack of real antialiasing and optimisation comparable to final fantasy 14 1.0
But muh GameWorks.

No, it's marketing so dumb PCMR idiots will buy it.

Best version of a garbage game is still the a garbage game

devs should really stop using screenspace reflections for lakes or other big objects. the resulting artifacts look worse than having no reflections at all

>Let's release an Early Access title that needs a GTX 1060 to run it on low
>btw the gpu will cost about $700 thx to miners
I bought it on the xbone and it bored me to death, so I didnt even finish it. I'll pick it up in a steam sale year from now for $10

This. I'd much rather have mirrored geometry at a lower detail.

Hell even the source engine can do water reflections better than most games these days.

Wow it's almost like as time goes on requirements for games become more demanding.

You bought a meme card, should have waited until the 1070. Your own fault.

>Empty open world
>You cannot drive outside of the road
>Chocobos are faster that the car

Man they're really desperate to shill this shit. Hope that sony and ms timed exclusivity contract was worth it because everyone knows your game is a turd now

I wonder how many idiots will actually believe this, he swore up and down that the console version was going to be the definitive version before release and when it released it was a total shitshow and now he started lying about the pc version again like when he said that the specs originally posted were wrong and overblown

>like when he said that the specs originally posted were wrong and overblown
But they were. A 1060 plainly isn't low.

Games are supposed to become more demanding because they look better, not just because.
That's called shit optimization.

>still believing in Tabata's lies

He's quickly becoming the Molyneux of our time. He'll spew every lie to sell his damned project as much as he can.

>supposed to
Well that's not reality, stop living in fantasy land. It hasn't worked like that for nearly a decade. Games as a whole don't look that much better than they did eight years ago.

>b-but consoles
Regardless of the reason (and accessibility is one) that doesn't change my point.

>Well that's not reality
It is actually, for games that aren't optimized like shit.
For example, every recent DICE game looks and runs amazingly well.
FFXV looks worse than Crysis 1 when it's on lite settings and can't even maintain 60 FPS on a GTX 970.
No excuse for that aside from shit optimization.

Most games don't look or run as well as DICE games. They're in the minority and don't pretend otherwise. That's like saying poor looking games on the 3DS isn't excusable because of Capcom's black magic with MT Frameworks.

>2010
>Mass Effect 2
>FF13
>Halo Reach
>Bioshock 2
>RDR

Yes games do look much better today.

"Much" better is a bit of a stretch

>Most games don't look or run as well as DICE games.
You're right, they don't look as good but they'll run decently, or at least better than FFXV.
I've seen shitty MMOs that run/look better than this.

>the game will be forever a disappointment
the problem is not the Versus trailers, it's the game itself sets you up for disappointment: from the very beginning it builds up epic confrontation with an evil empire. You get to Neifelheim. It's nothing. You return after the time shift, "hey perma night, this place is crawling with deamons, here we go baby". Game ends.

>was built from the ground up just for the PC
what a load of horse shit. there is a little more vegetation. that's it. seriously.

Because the game can't explain it worth a shit, it wouldn't need to be confirmed in a fucking interview if the game didn't make such a poor job of actually showing what happens

Wow it's almost like said MMOs aren't open world and are thus less demanding. Damn...

Did they fix the gameplay being trash yet?

Most modern MMOs are open world you mong.
Pic related is open world and somehow manages to run better than FFXV while looking nearly as good outside of character models.

Who care if it have super uper mega cool grafic when it's combat system is shit.

Difference being that Molyneux lied because he was a goddamn idiot and believed his own lies, Tabata lies knowing they are lies just to scam idiots on both console and pc

Regardless of the game I'm glad someone is pushing the limits of pc hardware again.
I remember when people were pissed their vodoo 2 equipped counterstrike toasters couldnt run crysis.

>I'm glad someone is pushing the limits of pc hardware again.
Yea, this isn't pushing the limits of anything visually speaking.
It's no Crysis.
Hell, it's no Crysis 3.

>I'm glad someone is pushing the limits of pc hardware again.
is this a joke ?

>pushing the limits of pc hardware again.
Are they?
Turn off all the nvidia crap and you instantly gain 50-60 fps. Who knows what other meme-tier features this game has. Graphics should be pushed for the purpose of making things look better, not just for taxing hardware.

That is retarded though, a game should push the limits of the hardware if they are actually being properly used to give us better graphics and effects and not because the devs can't optimize worth a shit, every single SE game they port to pc comes with some stupid problems because they can't be assed to port ir properly

That one

Old xv-kun on suicide watch

Of course since he really just switches sides, now he's gonna praise the PC version when before he was shitposting against it and PC players in general.

Ultima 9 fried my graphics card and that game looked and ran worse than gothic 1

CONSOLE CUC_KS FOREVER PAYING BETA TESTING TESTERS

That's not a good thing you dumbfuck.

No shit sherlock, you want a fucking medal along with the title of captain obvious?

Well someone gotta do the first step for others to follow.

The hell are you talking about?

Look up the history of pc gaming.
Great transitions in quality and hardware were almost always started by one game having insane specs, while games that techincally did the same had lower requirements.
After one broke the ground of demanding more hardware others followed suit and started expanding on that.
It was like that all the way from magic carpet to crysis.

>Great transitions in quality and hardware were almost always started by one game having insane specs, while games that techincally did the same had lower requirements.
Which ones?
Name one please.
I want a single transformative PC game that required insane specs while looking worse than the average PC game at the time.
The only games I can think of where this happened were Crysis, Far Cry,

>The only games I can think of where this happened were Crysis, Far Cry,
and FEAR*

>The only games I can think of where this happened were Crysis, Far Cry,
Magic Carpet, Ultima 7, Doom 2, Quake and Unreal.

too bad the story and gameplay are still shit

Except Quake and Unreal looked amazing at the time, especially Unreal.
And Ultima 7 and Doom 2 weren't really transitional games.

>bought a 1080 before miners started buying up all the cards
mmmm

Since the announcement of mod support that has been the only reason I've been excited for this release, and it's reason enough. Game pre-ordered.

Also, will this support DX12? I remember reading that it would, but that was right after they announced it and a google search throws me 0 results, so maybe I just dreamt that shit up.

1060 runs it at 60fps

>as time goes on requirements for games become more demanding.

If the graphics improve they should
FF15 looks like a 2013 game lol

can't wait

does her fart feel like a cold breeze? what do you think, user?

On medium settings.
At 1080p.

they can polish this as much as they want, but won't change the fact that it's just another mediocre, convoluted piece of shit just like Type-0 was.

Better than PS4 Pro with unlocked framerate.
As expected really.

Type 0 was a perfectly fine PSP game.

That's not saying much.
Just because the game runs like shit on consoles doesn't mean it running like shit on PC isn't a bad thing.

Type 0 was awful, the plot was all over the place, Machina was a whiny piece of shit, and the ending was unsatisfying.

m8 what?
An old mid range super cheap GPU runs the game much better than a 400$ """premium"""" console, it's in the ballpark of the 1060 really. It could have been better for sure but it's not a catastrophe either. I've seen a guy with a 1050ti run it closer to 60 than the PS4Pro ever will reach
Of course that won't save this absolute shitshow of a game but the port seems to be fine.

why are those buildings literally copy and paste from Italy?

Nobody cares 15 is shit and always will be shit