Total War: Three Kingdoms

I'm going to predict some things here:

>The game will not be a real historical title, instead it'll be mostly be based on fantasy depictions of the era
>Flaws from previous Total War games will remain unaddressed: Siege battles will still suck cock, the unit collisions and interaction will still be worse than Rome 1 and Medieval 2, and probably much more.
>The combat, like the visuals, will not contain an ounce of historicity - instead of a highly diverse unit roster made up of the unique, interesting troops of this time period, there will be extremely generic, shitty units who mostly serve as mooks to be chewed up by the hero units. Don't expect any intricate formations or tactics.
>If there are units who can form up in certain ways anyway, it'll just be CA paying half-assed lip service to history. Don't expect these formations to work properly, or to look remotely right.
>There will be stupid shit like those fucking soldiers who only carry a one handed sword, as seen in the trailer. What is this shit, Dynasty Warriors?
>The battles themselves will be extremely boring and generic. Like in most previous games, even large ones will be over in five minutes. Deployment, tactics, formations and all that will play a minimal role, because that would take effort to create.
>Instead, it will mostly consist of faceless grunts charging into a disorganised melee. Rather than winning through superior tactics, trickery and manoeuvring, the battles will be all about clicking on hero ability icons as if this is some sort of shitty MOBA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fncKdOg2mbk
youtube.com/watch?v=tmxJCPxmL7k&list=PLCldpz_Pc1FrGQLsaxaV0kVPqmXN_nanN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so to sum up, it will be just like every nu-totalwar?
who would could have predicted that

>Like in most previous games, even large ones will be over in five minutes.

Doyou want them to last from 6-18 hours like they really did?

>The game will not be a real historical title, instead it'll be mostly be based on fantasy depictions of the era
Every historical total war game is based on fantasy depictions of the era.
Ran
Gladiator
Kingdom of Heaven
HBO Rome
The Last Samurai

who the fuck thought that having an entire total war game set around samey looking chink spearmen was a good idea
just why
even Shogun 2 which is known for it's shitty unit diversity is way more interesting than this

I don't even care about series anymore, I hoped that warhammer will be modable and we get many fantasy mods for it, but I guess not, so fuck this shit.

based caocao poster.

caocao poster finally did it.instead of mod he got a game.

I'd rather play muh britannia campaign before thinks lads

youtu.be/fncKdOg2mbk

>Got to win 10 siege battles before you can build catapults

It's going to bomb

No one gives a shit about China save for Chinamen themselves

People care about samurai and there is a huge weeb audience for Jap stuff

don't forget

>Shu cocksucking

I can already tell by that screenshot.

They already confirmed that the battles will be same old boring shit. I don't care about what crappy gimmicks the campaign map will have this time.

wanted to watch red cliff but its so fucking boring and I dont really like eastern films either, so Im gonna use wikkipedia to learn shits about this era

It actually makes sense. Look at the mongols

Yeah? Finally some good news

The only people who care about a Three Kingdoms strategy game already have the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series and don't care about casual Total War shit.

After warhammer everything feels boring.
Only gunpowder can save the genre

Why do people even give a shit about the campaign side of Total War games?
It'll never be as good as a real grand strategy game. Shitty settlement micromanagement features and "character development"(i.e. pointless skill trees that aren't half as interesting as the old R1/M2 system).

The campaign map should be about setting up the scene for good and varied battles, not the upgrade level of cattle farms.

Just watched based Three Kingdoms

youtube.com/watch?v=tmxJCPxmL7k&list=PLCldpz_Pc1FrGQLsaxaV0kVPqmXN_nanN

But romance games are janky as fuck.
At least most CA games look aesthetically good

Just read the book. Moss Roberts translation is the best.

>This reddit opinions

Lol how many rick and morty fans are here? xD

If they'd open a history book they would find a slew of cool units.
Instead it'll be Sword Recruits vs. Spear Peasants

but theres like 100 episodes of this shit, some of them not even availabe on jewtube

some of us get nostalgic when playing older titles with mods like Evropa Barbarorvm or Stainless Steel which had a fun, challenging campaign for all the factions AND fun battles that you needed to use real tactics to get advantage over AI

Considering this is China, they probably pushed a real horse off a cliff. The rate at which this series was made left no time for props. Only Chinese devil magic made the series possible.

Not even EB filled the campaign map with the same level of frivolous horseshit that exists purely to waste your time.
EB was really interesting with all the traits and stuff your characters could get, the key difference between it and nu-TW is that it did it organically.

Who based Wu here?

>Shogun 2 is the best TW game despite the unit variety

>They reuse the formula but now they dont appeal to weebs

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey Johan dont you have an eu4 update to work on?

>I DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THE SETTING
the state of historyfags

Modern Koei is the definition of watered down casual shit.

>Considering this is China, they probably pushed a real horse off a cliff.
Summoning my inner Prince Philip, I wonder if any Cantonese came along to eat it

>reuse

Nah sweety. The chink were far advanced in military tech. Especially in the ancient times

People like Shogun 2 because in a game where arbitrary stats don't decide battles, tactics is king

"MUH unit roster" fags like you who never even touch multiplayer will never understand that

loser detected

>judging a TW game by it's multiplayer
only PoM tier autistic spergs care or play multiplayer

>Avatar multiplayer will never be a thing again because of Arena
>You'll never outwit a 10 star with a new 1 star general

True. ROTK 10 is still the best. Too bad we'll never get an English translation of the PC version of it, or any of the old ones. They even put em all on Steam to taunt us.

They already confirmed it. It's not based on history but on novel which anyone with brain could notice after the trailer.

>Haha those retards having fun! The only way to play total war is to hammer and anvil the braindead AI!

Good. It was a mistake. Besides arena is fun if you play with friends against public noobs

T. Poster who autoresolves every battle and looks up YouTube guides on how to beat the campaign

>Prince of Macedon
I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT!

Lmfao like you think that guy doesn't just autoresolve his entire playthrough

If there is no diversity, it will be because of CA retarded choices.
There was diversity in antic China. It was a country the size of fucking Europe for god's sake.

They're all available, just not all on one channel. Just a quick search away.

desu, I had my most fun in multiplayer campaign
Multiplayer battle are brainded meta shit out of that

there's nothing wrong with autoresolving because 95% of battles are boring one sided garbage that you'd rather skip than play
In fact, both the Battles and Campaigns suck so that's why I stopped playing TW at Shogun 2

>Haha those retards having fun! The only way to play total war is to use meta shit tactics and exploits

>Total War: Britannia
>It'll be a bunch of bongs with spikey dragon ball hair and mustaches fighting without shirts on
>no axe animations
>terrible voice acting all around
>campaign simulating will take eons despite there being less factions

>I need to use the meta strategy to win
micro brain wojak.xml

This time and place would contain unit types that are completely unique. I mean types, ones that wouldn't have any gameplay analogue in any other setting
Instead you can bet your ass on generic "Spear Retards" and whatnot
The multiplayer meta in the new games is so heavily defined by engine flaws, it's ridiculous.
>Rome 2 multiplayer battle
>pike phalanxes drawn out until they're one man deep
You know they fucked something up when that's the right way to use such a unit.

>no axe anim

noooo you liar

>click on unit
>WARRIAAHHHZZZHZHZH
>Alt+F4

>my cavalry is going through your spear in contact and is now charging in their back
What a great game Shogun 2 was

After Rome 2 shat the bed, this was one of the few settings they could have used to sucker me back in.

Wu are shit

>The multiplayer meta in the new games is so heavily defined by engine flaws, it's ridiculous.
The old games have plenty of engine flaws, the MLG esports culture hadn't arrived yet.

>I mean types, ones that wouldn't have any gameplay analogue in any other setting

They countered cavalry charges with a solid line of crossbowmen gunning the approaching horsemen down, Napoleon style.

Chaining ships together or fireship employment was also quite the different take on naval warfare than elsewhere.

Their fortress cities are also quite interesting, to say nothing of the weaponry employed to take over them or defend them.

Stop being a whiney cocksucking little bitch nigger.

I don't give a rat's ass about realism in a fucking historical title in a video game.

If you want authenticity go LARP some historical battles in modern costume tournaments and try to irritate your opponent enough so that he would cleave through your dumb ass skull, and rid the World of your presence.

Give me my sparkly historical make-believe and just use the fucking Warhammer engine. I don't care. Don't use Rome 2, dont use Nigger Tier Attila, just grab the one fucking game you got right and fill it with chinks.

If they are stupid enough to fill it with magic and kung fu shit, it's their loss. I just won't buy it. If they are less retarded and keep it a fraction closer to reality but still varied and satisfyingly decorative, I'm gonna buy it and enjoy it.

As long as they dont pull another Rome 2, there is a chance it will be good enough.

If they do, 'Im gonna smear shit on the handle of their cars.

Now go play Tomb Kings.

What's the best Total War to play atm?

Warhammer 2.
Shogun 2.

SHOGUN 2

Are you ready to do your duty to the tribe

Looks like a pasta from /vg/

>wanting historical accuracy
>about Three Kingdoms
topkek

Shogun 2 and Attila

It could be a real retard, look at the reddit spacing

Empire

Rome 1 dei

ebin

medieval 2 third age

Good

Napoleon with darth vader mod

yeah, that's why Dynasty Warriors is so huge outside of china right?

I want to be excited for this but I know they're going to fuck it up. And it will also be absolutely riddled with DLC.

calling dynasty warriors huge is a vast overstatement.

Johan please read my job application letter. I"ve got great ideas how to turn Victoria 3 into a moba

>Darth Vader mod
you mean La montée de l'Empire

Last time i played online Warhammer 2 i got my lord literally one-shoted -and the worst part is that i cant tell if it was cheating or some stats/magic bulshit. Either way it made me realize how autistic you need to study every unit of the game in order to be competitive, every spell, every item.

Not fun

Is that really that good?

What was the situation? I've seen lords get effectively oneshot before but that required 4 units of GW rangers and the regiment of renown debuff, and a couple of heroes hitting mannlet all at once

Who were you playing and against who. Luminark is good at sniping

I dont remember but it was against dinos (lords and heroes), they were using mounted units and large monsters, 0 infantry but some skirmishers.

It was a low budget game so i effectively lost after the initial clash. I was using the everchosen from chaos.

Based caocao did nothing wrong.

Only way I can see that happening is if kroq-gar hit you with his magic attack and something bugged out (low unit sizes decreasing HP?), archaon shouldn't be dying in one hit to anything

I bet you like Hitler and Brumpf too, you literal nazi.

they dindu nuffin
it was the jews

t. unclebutcher