Is The Last Guardian good or nah?

Is The Last Guardian good or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvcFRgJwE2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I loved it. Very charming and unique game.

It's shit. Dog was an asshole.

It's in my top 3 favorite PS4 games next to Yakuza 0 and Bloodborne. I got The Last Guardian's platinum the month it came out.

I'm really amazed how well they nailed Trico's IQ. At some points I completely forgot it was a videogame character but a real animal running around in that world. This is what makes me frustrated when people say Trico is too frustrating. No shit nigger he's supposed to. It's a massive mythical being that has a primitive will of its own.

>IQ
AI

>this was matthewmatosis' 2016 goty

This and Bloodborne are the best PS4 games, if you've played Ico or SotC then you should have a good idea of the kind of game you will be getting

It's great.

Amazing game, no joke

How do I get into TLG?

I love SotC and ICO, but TLG's control scheme is absolute dogshit, the child feels like a rubberband to control, it feels so fucking sluggish to move him about.

Bought it day 1, got out of the first cave you start in and put it away. It's been sitting on my shelf ever since.

He moves as smoothly / awkwardly as Wander, though, the only change was toggle grab instead of hold grab, I think, which I hate in TLG.

It's lovely when it works, and incredibly frustrating when it doesn't.

Overall it's very unique and atmospheric and I'm glad that I played it, but I'm not in a hurry to replay it any time soon.

>unique game
ICO and SotC say hi.

It's terrible, grindy as fuck, and incredibly frustrating.

No. It's a corny re-tread of the themes explored in Ico, and the controls/camera are janky as fuck. Getting Trico to do things is flat-out frustrating (and not in a "he's learning because he's a realistic animal!" kind of way), it's buggy as hell, and the atmosphere/enemy design isn't very good either.

This coming from someone who absolutely loves Ico and SotC.

Perhaps, maybe it's been to long since I last played SotC to compare/complain but still. That's a 10+year old game, couldn't they have made the kid more satisfying to control?
Fuck me.

What is the bandage in the head?
I completed the game and never had that.

It's nothing like those games though.

How the fuck is it even grindy? Have you even played the game? I don't think you have.

how the fuck is it grindy?

If you think Trico's AI is more frustrating than teaching a real animal you've never trained a dog.

>mfw all these psychopaths ITT who can't empathize with another being of primitive mind
Don't ever have pets or kids.

I loved it. It was exactly what I thought it would be, down to the camera and weird gravity on the character.

Grindy? What the fuck?

>It's nothing like those games though
Heavily inspired on everything of those 2 games I mentioned. Still manages to be worse, even having 10 years of technological improvement ahead.

Well, TLG was a 7+ years old game when it was released in 2016, so...

It's the "horned apparel" costume from Ico. You had to feed 48 barrels to Trico, then when you enter new game plus you can wear the outfit. There's also a Wander outfit from Shadow of the Colossus if you feed 64 barrels to Trico.

It's nothing like those games because you went in expecting that and then came out disappointed instead of approaching it in its own terms.

>TLG is nothing like Ico or SotC

How many levels of denial do you have to be on to believe this

Just zero

It's good, but remaster will be better because it runs like dog shit. Also, low replayability because that asshole cat can be really annoying and it would probably piss me off the second time around

Something tells me you didn't play SotC and Ico because that's the trademark Ueda control scheme. Especially Ico, controls exactly like this

It is a lot like Ico, replace catdog with a girl and that's Ico. Not a lot like SotC though

I hated it, the controls for the kid are unbelievably terrible, not to mention the camera. Also the puzzle design is fucking terrible. The visuals and animations are spectacular as expected, but the game they're attached to is shit.

Nowhere near as good as Ico or SOTC.

I own it, the frame rate is literal shit. It was so bad I put it down and never picked it up again. If you like games that perform like shit at sub 30fps then you will enjoy it.

A lot of SotC mechanics are on this game.

No one has even mentioned Trico's AI other than you faggots prematurely defending it. The real problem with the game are the shitty puzzles and lousy controls. Ico and SOTC work because they have solid gameplay to back up their atmosphere and story, TLG doesn't. People don't play these games just for the "muh emotions" story, they want a good game too.

It was so bad that they had to remake shadow of the colossus

Doesn't play a lot like it though. Just because you can climb in the game doesn't mean it's like SotC

Bordering mediocre, like a 6/10. Definitely not worth the wait.

SOMEBODY PLEASE POST THAT WEBM WHERE THE BOI IS INSERTED INTO THAT DOG THING RECTALLY

youtube.com/watch?v=QvcFRgJwE2k

Nevermind, found it, ayy lmao

>looking to retarded comedians for their opinions on video games
Not even gonna bother watching it to find out what he thinks.

I liked it but the framerate ruins it at times, especially when armors show up, there's this one cinematic crumbling tunnel with a couple of them that drops the thing to single digits.

Give it an hour and you'll get used to the controls, I thought they were fine. These should ease your time with Trico

>R1 + Analog stick direction = "Go there"
>R1 + Triangle = "Jump/Climb there"
>R1 + Circle = A praise reaction
>R1 + Cross (X) = A scold reaction/sit
>R1 + Square = Attack

The problem isn't Trico's controls, the vagueness of the commands makes sense. The terrible part is controling the kid.

What are the chances of pro enhancement since it runs like trash? It's a Sony made game you'd think they'd go back in and fix it.

Nah, to be quite honest.
Sure it's beautiful, sure the story is charming, but the gameplay is shit. Of all the Ueda games, this one is the worse, you barely do anything but watching your AI pet.

And of course, you'll play it like 8 hours and never touch it again.

>It's a Sony made game you'd think they'd go back in and fix it
Why would you think that? It's not like they've bothered to do it for bloodborne or anything actually good on the console, just naughty dog trash.

I just went and looked at it myself and it does have PS4 pro enhancement retard. If you have a pro and run it at 1080p you can play it with a stable framerate.

As a PlayStation fan I can only say this game sucks dick.
>atrocious framerate on base PS4
>disgusting motion blur
>awful controls
>rancid and spastic camera
>Trico is a mong that sometimes doesn't do what he's supposed to do for 10 minutes straight
>OST seemingly underused
>Climbing up Trico again and again and again
>Literally where do I have to go even even?
>Shit trophy list
>Nigger tier enemies

I am playing it as we speak, estimated completion 80%

No shit their relationship is moving but I can't see past the flaws, with all due respect. I know how much work went into this game and Trico moves gracefully so credit where it's due.

I'd rather play Yakuza 6 now, but it's delayed. ogre