They don't make games like this anymore

They don't make games like this anymore

they make good games instead

Thank God. Academy sucked.

Find me a better lightsaber combat game released after Academy.

Star wars kinect

>
g_sabermorerealistic

This seems like one of those "my dad works at Nintendo" things.
I was blown away as a child that it worked.

>nufags have nostalgia feels about jedi academy

JK2 bespin platform is where it was at scrubs

Academy is where the mods where at. It has nothing to do with nu.

What happened to Jedi Academy? I turn on cheats and try to enable dismemberment but it says it can't be overwritten

This. Jedi Outcast was the pinnacle of the series.

>Jedi Outcast
>Jedi Academy
>Heretic 2

You don't have to hate one to love the other. I love both for their individual merits.

But yeah, Outcast was better. Up there with KotOR as best SW game of all time imo.

I don't get why people claim outcast to be better and I started with it and it was one of my first games ever. Both games have shit story, but Academy has more varied missions, improved combat, more enemies, character creation, new lightsabers, more mods etc. It's just Outcast+

>character creation in a series where you play as Kyle fucking Katarn
>a good thing

Fucking loved dicking around with the cheats. Playing a jawa duel-wielding yellow sabers fighting clashing armies of sith and jedi.

Replayed it recently, and the missions were fucking terrible to get through

For a game about lightsaber combat, there's an awful lot of missions that don't revolve around lightsaber combat.

Man fuck off. The story of both games revels in the fact that they're Star Wars. They have more of the franchise spirit than anything out of Disney.

Then there is no reason to think that outcast is better than academy other than being nostalgiafag

Probably this
JA had more variety, but Kyle was a great protagonist.

Is there a Sup Forums server for the academy multiplayer. I'm sick of going into random games and it being bots, or Russians who just use it as a social platform.

EUfags like you are embarrassing.
Outcast is better because it sticks to the core of the gameplay.

he got force power just from picking up a light saber though

Jedi Knight was the pinnacle of the series, underage. Outcast has shit level design and a shit villain. The only thing that Outcast has going for it is saber dismemberment, but Academy also has that as well as g_sabermorerealistic, and Acadamy does it while having better level design.

I'd go so far to say that Outcast is the worst game in the Dark Forces series.

Fuck off Disney kike

>because it sticks to the core of the gameplay.
The fuck that even mean and how Academy is any different?

It's the best light saber combat game, but that's only because we haven't seen another attempt made unless you count force unleashed. It really doesn't hold up that well

I think you're right. Jedi Knight seems to have had the best level design overall.

*kicks you off*
*spams his lol bind*

Outcast has longer missions and better level design, Academy is too short and the ability to simply max something like grip or lightning right off the bat breaks the game, or start with a healing ability and make all the health packs in every level in the game redundant. Outcast knows what powers the player has at all times and the levels are designed to reflect that.

>use it as a social platform.
That was literally the multiplayer and it was great to just slaughter everyone and be treated like some kind of criminal for just playing the fucking game.

Because it won't work as "games as service".
Thanks EA.

>challenge someone to a duel
>they accept
>we run around and force kick everyone because the devs forgot to make it not damage people while dueling
Most servers banned force powers for this reason.
also drain whoring

I've never played any of these
Can you give me a rundown?
Is it mountain blade with lightsabers? Why does everyone talk about the combat? Is it good enough to justify playing if I don't give a fuck about Star Wars?

It's quake 3 with lightsabers and force powers

>Is it mountain blade with lightsabers?
No
You have directional attacks but you have free movement and can dodge by jumping or rolling and change the attack angle mid attack with your mouse etc.
Blocking sabers while just standing still is basically not a thing. You can enter a saber lock where the one who spams mouse 1 faster wins but that is shit and better left deactivated

Just try it

>just playing the fucking game
Also known as laming

does the kraut imperial server still exist?

JA+ mod was the godliest multiplayer thing ever created. If you played Full Force Duels you know what Im talking about. Pull kick, saber throw pull kick, grip kick, saber poke, anti-drain. Insane amount of mechanics and options to answer. Btw, I was Pagan if anyone else from the community is here.

Yeah, and you can saber poke. Which is basically where you use the camera angle to turn your lightsaber blade into the enemy. So instead of just a quick slash through their body, the saber stays inside of their body for the whole duration of the swing. Basically a normal swing would do like 40-50 damage. A poke could do well over 200 if executed properly, and kill in one hit.

it was only good because you could beat the shit out of Kyle Katarn. Damn, I hate this fuck

Yeah I was in ?¿Stygian?¿ We were known for being assholes and "laming" everyone. We used to avoid bans and just wreck entire servers. Some clans were cool and would try and fight back instead of just using admin, but they usually got their shit kicked in. I was never as good as Jaded or Philantorphy though. The best player was that guy Moon, from Austraila though. He was a God.

I hated it at first but after some time it felt natural for me that a lightsaber can kill instantly even if the way to do it looks absolutely retarded

Yeah it looks silly but it was godlike. I remember Id pull it out any time people would try to team me, 2v1. I would poke kill one of them then slaughter the other one before his boyfriend got back to save him.

Seriously if we somehow revived the multiplayer for JA+ with the old community I would drop everything and only play it. Nothing on the market even comes close.

I didn't use a mouse pad all these years where I was playing JKA. You could really see my usual mouse posiiton because the table was extremely polished and the colors pretty much wiped out from all the poking.

Dunno, even if it does, it became pretty boring there after some people left. That was years ago though and before hackers overran the game, not sure how that ended.

Did you go by a name in the community? I was originally |DKS|Mario then I joined Stygian and went with ?¿Pagan?¿.

What does this do? Is it possible that my hundreds of hours in this game left me ignorant to something like this?

I'm pretty sure it lets you cut limbs off people and shit IIRC

>tfw you abuse your admin powers and start choking kickers before throwing them off until they leave

fpbp.

Pandawan, not very creative but I didn't want to join a clan or anything. I was close to joining TnG a hundred years ago but then they almost all left and played WoW around 2007

It doesn't work anymore, just getting a message saying it's write protected.

That's a shitpost though.

I have a way more recent memory about that clan, could have been another one though.

>when you finally learnt the password to the servers where all the pros played TFFAs and Duel

biggest achievement in my teenage life

>when you learned the rconpassword to one of the biggest servers at the time and could do stuff like fiddle with the gravity settings
PeterParkerPAC18

You're misremembering Academy. There's one mission where you don't have a lightsaber.

My nigger, always preferred Academy, though Outcast is still good.

God, the nostalgia i feel watching this.
This game just fucking blew my mind back then. We were still on the ride of the first trilogy and all i wanted was wield a double-blade lightsaber just like back in the Phantom Menace.