Xenoblade2 was made by JUST 40 FUCKING PEOPLE

Half their team was working on Zelda some on general R&D. XC2 had only 40 core people working rest was outsourced. How can any company even compete!? Holy fuck MonolithSoft is incredible
siliconera.com/2018/02/02/monolith-soft-boss-talks-katsura-hashino-xenoblade-chronicles-2-development-struggles/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h8Ew3kWhIgw?t=1m19s
strawpoll.me/14987935
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Katsura Hashino: It was impressive to see how lively the characters of Xenoblade Chronicles were. I certainly felt the love that went into the character CG models. It made me think how they must have been made with such confidence.

Tetsuya Takahashi: Thank you very much. But rather than love, I believe it was more the passion of the workplace. Up until now our characters always took a beating, so we said “this time we won’t let you guys complain.” That was promising to see.

However, on the other hand, things didn’t go well with the UI. We lost three programmers in the middle of development.
Hashino: Oh, is that so?
Takahashi: We had no choice but to do it with our remaining members, and we endured to the very end. The team worked hard, but that part was frustrating.
Hashino: How much of it was handled in-house at Monolith Soft? Was the character modeling done internally?
Takahashi: Monolith Tokyo has a little less than 100 developers. Of that group, between 50% to 60% was helping Nintendo with Zelda (Breath of the Wild). Of the remaining 40 to 50 people, several were part of R&D (Research & Development), and the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 staff was made of the remaining 40-plus members.

However, we couldn’t make it with just these members, so we outsourced then revised what we got, and that was the flow of things.

>40 people in 3.5 years
>SE can't make a proper game with 150+ people in 10 years

monolith really was the talent of SE weren't they

Hashino: So the character models were done externally?
Takahashi: Yes, they were produced externally and adjusted internally. Rex, Pyra, and several other models were done completely in-house from our members. We had some talented new recruits who were assigned with it as well.
Satoshi Eguchi (Former Dengeki Game Media Editor-in-Chief): Nevertheless, it’s quite amazing that you guys made such a large-scale game like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with 40 people.
Hashino: Was the event design and scenario handled externally?
Takahashi: Those were internal.
Hashino: And with 40 people, that’s truly what you call core members. When you get together the main programmers, main designers, and planners, that’s easily already 40 people.

No wonder it sucks

Its funny because its true

Oh, it shows, Quentin.

>SE
Space Engineers?

square enix

is this bait? or are you actually retarded

I'm not a console pleb.

not sure what that means considering all of SE's shit is on PC now

That explains why the game is filled with padding missions and why the world design was inferior to 1 and X.
It's really true, the best selling game in a series isn't necessarily the best one.

Not surprised with that

come on now...

Oh you're actually retarded.

>inferior to 1
every area in 2 that has an equivalent in 1 is better in 2

Whoa...

squeenix can learn a thing or two from monolith

I'd be curious to know what exactly was outsourced.

To your point, I think the difference between Square and a studio like Monolith is their priorities when it comes to game design. Square seems to want to recapture their 'state of the art graphics' title they used to flaunt in the 90's, sacrificing everything else, including decent gameplay, to make sure Noctis has a realistic gas pumping animation. That's why they need a billion devs working on a game for 10 years.
I like Monolith because they tend to put gameplay first. That's probably something they learned working for Falcom (Ys Devs).

>padding missions
Xcx is the only one that comes to mind since that game story could be resolved in 5 chapters

Man what's it like to be this wrong?

Didn't we just have this fucking thread

The other thread is using this info to shitpost since the OP, this one is using to praise it.

gormott > bionis leg, no debate. Bionis leg was 2 floors and all horizontal, gormott is many layers with lots of secrets

uraya > satorl, similar case with gormott/bionis leg but not as extreme

leftheria > eryth, big jellyfish rather than tiny landmass teleport locations

only one debatable is tantal/valek

No shit it was so bad and unpolished, they should have added two more years with a full team.
They better not dare pull the same shit with chronicles x 2

Do you think thats impressive?

look at the people who worked in Metal slug
youtu.be/h8Ew3kWhIgw?t=1m19s

Pure talent and love

Well it's easy to do your job when you outsource 75% of it you cuck

As much as I love Metal Slug, it's kind of a hard comparison. Xenoblade 2 is a hell of a lot more ambitious. Metal Slug was really defined by the artists.

I know, both are impressive

There were too many shills in the other thread.

Tell us about it. XB2 has to be the worst game of the last year.

>yfw Xenoblade 2 is literally no different from a chink knockoff product
>this is what the Xeno series is reduced to now
J U S T

That explains a lot.

Obvious.

So that's why it was so shitty.

Eric living in your head rent free :)

Say what you will about the game, but that's fucking impressive.

Shills are in damage control overdrive now that their shilling is being exposed.

40 people for a gacha game.

>40 people for a gacha """"""""""game"""""""""".
FTFY. Compile Heart Chronicles 2 gets fucking ROASTED today.

More like this

Also “You are just a dumbass with a peanut sized brain. The game explains EVERYTHING and the story is better written and consistent than the previous games” this is the people who shill the game they are pretentious, uneducated, savages, that can’t merge 2 words to form a phrase much less an argument because the first word that came out of their malnourished mouth is Eric

strawpoll.me/14987935
strawpoll.me/14987935
strawpoll.me/14987935

You just summarized everyone that likes Xenoblade Federation Force 06 perfectly. Based user coming with that banter and micdrop sealing the game's status as the worst JRPG of the decade.

>hardly any more replies after this
We declare you the ultimate winner of this thread. XB2 and its fans fucking rekt the fuck out for eternity.

What's even sadder is that pic related is what they fap to.

Guess it makes sense given the quality of the "game" they love so much.

>JUST
If there were ever a word to describe Xeneptunia 2...

>However, we couldn’t make it with just these members, so we outsourced then revised what we got, and that was the flow of things.
So not just 40.

Xenofederationforce if literal chinkware and the fact that it has so many shills is baffling. Easily the worst JRPG of the last 15 years.

Sup Forums's Top 5 Most Hated Games of 2017
5. Yooka-Laylee
4. Lawbreakers
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Star Wars Battlefromt 2
1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

lol why does XC2 sucess bring out the most salt?

It’s not a Sony product

I love how now we know it was only 40 people the xeno2 shills are in full damage control
>f for 40 people its impressive
>its only 40 its ok that its bad

user I do get your hate for the game, but don’t waste time calling it like that, express your hate painting or writing because calling a game with those names you will sound like a sperg, and you’re giving them means to shit on you

>get btfo in a previous thread and needs to find a safe space to because he can"t handle the truth

Oh, you're saying bigger is better.

Then, sure.

Oh fuck off, there is a ton of padding in 2 especially in the beginning and a lot of side stuff is unnecessarily long, like Ursula's stupid fucking merc missions.

X's story is trash but that's long been the consensus. It's made palatable by the fact that exploration is fantastic and most affinity missions are good, but no one ever praises the actual overarching narrative.

Well yeah. Two hours in this fucking game, and I guessed that much. this game is a complete mess compared to its predecessors in terms of finish.

I specifically mentioned verticallity and secrets, but go ahead and ignore those because you got BTFO

That has long been the consensus. The worst story, characters, and gameplay in the series. It's the Xeno series equivalent of Sonic 06.

The only salt is coming from the shills after everyone on this board turned against their "game".

/thread

This is why we all hate XB2.

I Literally went my way to spend 15 minutes making a reply for a son of a bitch who after my reply went and reported me because I exposed him

one very autistic canadian

All the budget went to designers and va. No wonder why this game was shit.

>most affinity missions are good

They really aren't and barely develop the characters since fucking xcx npcs have more personality than the cast also aside from xcw opening for chapter 4 is filler the rest is pretty much world building which xcx failed to deliver in 12 chapters and the sidequest only serve to introduce alien species with random quirks. Xcx saving grace is only the world design and that is it. It lacka everything that xc did good

And what about various people replied you with answers? Are you going to ignore those? The guy that reported you was wrong but you chose to turn a blind eye to everything else

Fucking truth. Love how much shit XB2 is getting, exposing it as the worst game of 2017. No other game that year gets nearly this much shit 2 months after release.

I did reply to anyone who answered my questions about he game though because I appreciate that, I even answered the one who insulted me,

Also I still want to know about what happened after, the world is a bigger wasteland than elysium and plant life is imposible that florished without light, the only land animals that exist are still only the ones in newelysium and I’m more than sure an island full of animals can’t fill the whole planet unless the spread like bacteria

XB2 is the Sonic 06 of the Xeno series, don't question anything.

Youre right that the landmass looks barren, and thats probably due to the dense Cloud sea. But the titans land right next to it and the Cloud sea dissapates, they still have the titans and can slowly expand outwards

>64 replies
>34 unique IPs
Jesus christ

The cycle is restored after almatus died ? Will new titans be born?

Blunderfag is a phoneposter, it's actually much much worse than that.

>unless they spread like bacteria

Every life that is born in titans is like that actually.

when the fuck did eric get unbanned?

They are actually descendants of tiny titans though

>the game sold 1 million+

How will the shitposters, anti-anime brigade and X cucks recover?

Titans do bear life but it takes a long time for them to evolve so yes they are like bacteria in a way

>switch owners are so desperate for games that they will buy literally anything

>Verticallity adds a bunch of empty space
>Secrets give you... Nothing

XBC1 you were inclined to explore and discover everything because completing collections and beating unique monsters gave bonuses, XBC2 is literally all fluff for a game that is painfully dull and full of nothing. Vast expanses of nothing. Your argument is literally "There is more space so it's obviously better!" even though you're ignoring how the level design itself is actually bad, with a lot of areas having bullshit thrown into it just because. It's okay to admit you only like the game for the waifus and that you're not actually smart enough to understand that bigger =/= better. You're the reason Ubisoft open world collect a thons are so popular.

they'll continue to shitpost, cant wait to see what monolith can do with an actual staff and budget

See you in Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Even more anime edition :)

Shills will refuse to debate this. You just made the pushback even stronger by presenting even more of a case against Xeneptunia 2.

wew that explains a lot.

The only reason this game sold so well is due to Switch selling really well.

The next game can do literally anything and it will sell better than this.

It really shows.

I didnt look for uniques in XC1, it almost felt like no point. I dont remember any big rewards for them other than maybe equipment?

In XC2 they drop a rare core crystal, which are hard to get early game, main reason I went for them, and that the combat was actually much more fun this time around

For me, it's an issue with the industry as a whole, it's the fact that a soulless JRPG is getting so much success.

I expected some quality from this series, but now it fell like everything else, money is all that matters.

Im intrigued, what are the so called Soulful JRPGs for you.

What would you do if it had a western inspired artstyle?

That's neat.

Not shitpost threads for 2 whole months thats for sure.

Since this is a Xenoblade 2 thread, the original Xenoblade counts.

It's a newcomer that perfectly mixed the old school JRPG storytelling with a modern twist.

It wasn't too successful, but it didn't need to be, it also didn't need a direct sequel to cash in on the people that liked the original, now with a season pass, and generic story.

It depends on what you mean by western.
Like studio ghibli or kenichi yoshida character design? or just straight up realism?

This is why we XB2 haters do what we do. And so far, we're making a metric shitton of progress considering not a single person ITT likes XB2.

Seriously, this.

Fucking preach. Shills like to say that XB2 was a smash hit when it really wasn't. In fact, I'd say it was a commercial and critical blunder.

On a scale of 1 to kill, how much would you like to choke fans of Xeneptunia 2? They killed our series!

Criticism isn't shitposting, Derrick. Your game is just universally agreed to be shit.

Tabatha Nomura pls

>rest was outsourced
So what you're saying is game was made in China and Korea. That explains everything actually

Xc2 is not a sequel though and the story can be enjoyed without xc1. Also xc1 was generic as hell. Take those rose tinted glasses off

I like XB2

Xeno series were only good for half a game

Take the cumstained goggles off and play it again. You will see what the rest of us see.

>It's a newcomer
Holy shit, are you underage?

Sure the story was fun and good, but I dont understand the love for the first Xenoblade.

The battles were pretty boring, didnt offer much options other than compositions. I dont remember actively finishing one sidequest, they were all boring.

Actually most of the difficulty I remmeber from that game, I think were poor design decisions that were fixed in 2. Like the ability to lure is much better than fighting a boss in acid that your teammates refuse to leave.

i hear other movies were made with similar amounts of people and time