Monster Hunter Thread

Talk mons.

Yfw URAGAAN IS BACK BABY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHREClA4Gy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump for a non-shitpost, non-consolewarring MHW thread

I’ve been wondering, are there any hidden damage multipliers that aren’t shown in the on screen numbers? Or is attacking the head not always the best option if other spots are easier to hit and just as damaging?

Well you keep to that, user, i'll check the thread later to see if you did well.

Fuck the head, gimme that tail dog

I've finally got my HR unlocked in World, Hammer was too fucking strong and good.

Time to grind Nerg to get his weapon for every single weapon type so I can use everything else without gimping myself.

Is yian kut ku and yain garuga in anyway in this game? Have pretty much ignored thread and shit so i can be pleasantly surprised when ever i played it but if my favorite monsters are not in it then ill just pass.

It’s always gone. Slice ammo is kindof OP for that. I’m so loot hungry, it’s always the first to go.

You won't see nerg for a while

Why do the monsters always leave the area when i'm seconds from beating them? :'( seven times it's happened now.

Nah, I mean my hunting rank. I've already got Nerg's bow maxed out for some reason. Not sure why I thought that'd be the most fun change of pace, but oh well.

Slice ammo? SnS for life

Are there videos/showcases/screenshots etc of the cosmetics from the digital deluxe version?
Just curious as to what they look like

>monsters run away constantly making the fight last twice as long for no reason
>weapon sharpness

>oldfag mh players will say complaining about pointless tedium is """casual"""

>tfw to intelligent to take damage

>Uragaan is back
fuck year

Use the piercing pods they drop to stop them fron leaving

GUTSMAN

My friend told me to do the quests that expire today. Where do I find those, I don't see them

Why can't I craft Zorah Magdaros' armor? I did the mission to repel him into the water, but his armor still isn't showing up in the smithy.

Alright guys. Without any consolewar shitposting, for those of you so far who can't stop playing and are highly enjpying the game, name one thing that you just simply fucking hate in MHW.

For me its the weapon forging system. The tree is so fucked up, I want how it used to be with the entire list starting from usually a unique monster. If you start you take more mats but if you upgrade to it, it takes less. That was perfect. Why did they change this?

go to the bounties/the people you deliver to. They aren't quests, they're more like challenges. e.g. "hunt five rathians"

Will yogi bear make a comeback?

Those should be under event quests

Should I get the Normal or Deluxe version?

For me is the amount of tripping by LS, DB, SA and most other weapons, I'm literally locked in place sometimes, its so much worse than previous entries.

Forcing me to sit through these horrible cutscenes voice acting and dialog. Your story fucking sucks, spamming A or options to try to skip your bullshit isn't good gameplay, just let me fucking hunt monsters.
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make fucking UNSKIPPABLE cutscenes? Fuck you capcom. If they removed all this bullshit and other stupid text like NPCs talking to you whenever you just want to forge something it would be easily goty but every time I go talk to the smith they tell me their lifes fucking story even though i'm mashing x yrlling at them to shutup and makes me want to throw my ps4 out the window.

doesn't the deluxe edition only come with cosmetic DLC? it's nothing worth paying extra for. Part of the fun is that you're getting new armor sets with new looks all the time.

So just get the normal version right?

>Why did they change this?

Probably because you can refund materials now.

yes

Normal version. The Deluxe isn't worth it. See:

First Monster Hunter.

I'm in HR now cause I got the hang of it but it's really stupid how much down time there is during the fight because you have to wait for the monster to attack and then get a small opening or if you get hit then you go flying or crumple on the ground and waste even more time and then chasing after it wasting more time.

Its very boring sometimes and just overall bad game design in an otherwise good game.

Thanks

there are just different weaknesses for different monsters, head is typically good but there are other spots that might be easier/safer to hit and do very similar numbers

What weapon are you using?

Are long range weapons easy to get into?

unskippable cutscenes

i had a capture quest 2 people joined
the monster was weak and i set the trap, after hitting my "im trapping it!" type chat shortcut
they locked me in place and killed the monster
i screamed

Dragonbone Stabber I

Sounds like lance is the weapon for you. Relentlessly attack and parry their attacks while keeping them in pursuit with lance charge when they attempt to run.

is that a lance? lance should pretty much never have downtime ever
honestly almost no weapon should have downtime after you get the hang of it

autism

Post hunters

Is the Great Jagras worthwhile for making weapons or armor? It seems as though the weaker tier monsters like this get overlooked when it comes to this kind of stuff cause people go straight for the super ultra dragon monsters for material farming.

No it's not a lance but I will try that and see if it's better. This is just such bad game design.

Repostan my generic-kun, I wanna move the scar but I don't want the rurouni kenshin look

>unironic geraltposters

Longsword? You need to learn how to move with your fade slash and then chain into spirit combos. If you're really good, you'll learn how to parry.

fix your cat

Rate my curryboy

r8 no h8

How do you unlock more botanical research slots?

I did a side quest now where I was supposed to collect 20 cacti, yet when I completed it and went back to the botanical research guy, there's still only one slot?

Sleep gives a damage multiplier. the next attack will do solid damage.

that just made it so you had more space in the collection box. There's a quest to expand how many things you can cultivate at a time once you reach rotten vale

That chin could land a plane.

Go to the blue nigress

Aha! I've actually reached rotten vale, I've just been doing some old quests I missed.

Do I need to run around and find a guy there, or?

Any tips with the longsword? I fucking hate how every time I miss the R2 combo to get my meter up, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

no, I think you just need to talk to one of the ecologists in the main city. you can just travel back by leaving as if you were going on an expedition.

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=qHREClA4Gy4

Pro tip: Don't use the long sword

Is the 5 million pack broken? Doesn't show up in my housekeeper's list.

Botanical guy should give you a quest to kill hornetaurs.

Does your hunters notes explain everything? What are guildcards? I just got one.

Triangle and Circle then R2. it's a shorter combo but still gets the meter increase if you land it.

It's a login bonus.
Guild cards are customizable cards that you give out. They record your stats, preferred weapons arena times, trophies, and monster log It's under the options.

Oh shit thanks user, I checked the hunters notes on it but never saw anything

I've sent over 300 guild cards and received 5.

Fuck you.

What's the best combo for Sword and Shields?

List of problems with Monster Hunter World:

>Healing while running, can dodge while healing, move while shooting
>Many other actions can also be dodged out, including sharpening
>Traps are placed almost instantly
>Weapons in general are more mobile and stronger, think adept + brave movesets from world combined
>Except for the hunting horn, the weakest weapon in 4U and Generations, which got nerfed in World
>Monsters do not adapt to these mobility changes, resulting in an incredibly easy game from start to finish
>Teostra and Kushala got gimped, their fights are much easier and uninteresting
>Environment recovers health, puts the monster to sleep, paralyzes it, etc.
>Can refill your items anytime, including potions
>No G-Rank, though it is expected from the first game in a generation
>Guild and village quests were merged, amount of quests lowered drastically
>Even easier mounting thanks to much lower mounting threshold (sometimes activating the mount after 1 hit) and the after mentioned grappling hook, which takes you right back into the monster even if you fall off
>Heartbeat shows about how much health the monster has left
>Damage numbers, prompt on screen that shows you combos and prompt on screen that shows breaks
>Barely any blood
>90% of the weapons in the game are reskins of the bone and iron weapon models, with monster parts glued on it. Contrary to popular belief, this does not change in high rank, the weapons still look the same.
>New skill system removes negative skills and is dumbed down for the masses
>Armor and weapons takes a lot less materials to make
>No gunner armor
>Mantles give you OP abilities like no knockback, never be seen by the monster unless you attack or a full new health bar
>Soundtrack feels generic in certain areas
>The music for past monsters was ruined
>Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC
>DLC is overpriced content that should've been in the game in the first place
>Events now cost money as well

So is there a consensus on what is the best weapon out there?

I don't even know why I helped you. LS users are the reason I main HBG now.

Made Brigade armor to start highrank quests this morning! Is there a second high rank version of this?

Post your hunters.

I have no clue where the 70 hours went.

How much?

how much wut?

A lot of what you've said here is true but I'm still having a ton of fun with the game, so I can't say I give a shit.

Hold R2 and tilt the L stick to your nearest camp, press X on the camp door and then switch to literally any other weapon that will actually be worth a shit.

Fuck off avatarfag. Don't start vomiting over all threads you come across, no one cares about your shit taste.

The only thing you're straight up wrong about is the grappling hook when mounting

If you run out of stamina (or the monster gets knocked down by something else, 4U style) you fall off and that's it, there's no getting back on

You only use the grappling hook to get back on if the monster slams the part of it you're currently on against something and you don't move in time, and getting knocked off and grappling back on uses a sizable chunk of stamina, it's not any different from taking too long to brace for a regular shakeoff attempt, the grappling hook bringing you back on is essentially just a visual effect, and in fact you can't even do it on demand, if you get slammed off against a wall you will always grapple back on even if you press nothing

In 4 and X there were no attacks that instantly dismounted you regardless of stamina, you just fell off if you ran out of stamina, which is exactly how it works here

>Monster Hunter World is a "Problematic" game

>third rate assistant on sale now
How much? Whore.

Smuggin' it.

I find it dumb that people complain about i-frame being tied to a stat in Dark Souls 2, when MSW does the same, and no one says anything.

I think that upgrading defensive moves in an ARPG by leveling up/aquiring better gears is totally fine game design.

Guns or bow.

I remember in 4U I'd always use
block+triangle > full triangle combo > full circle combo (without moving the left stick) > back hop > auto charge in > repeat

Ayo where are my anime crossover costumes?

Why zorah magdaros wont give me his jewel already

FFFUCK

what stat is it tied to in MHW?

Why does everything out dps a greatsword?
Even the ls its just rediculous
Explosive zora greatsword avg hit is like a 60 and takes years to recover from it and hit with it
True charge can only work reliably against slow enemies

Why did they do this

Not exactly stat, a skill.

I really wish there were some kind of transmog in this game.

I want the slugger stat, because I'm a hammer bro, but because it's from bone vambraces, baan helm and diablos chest I look like a fucking clown.

You know what's up brother

make the beta and gem them in

I hate how you use triangle and O to attac and r1 sheathes your weapon
They should have made controls completely customizable to appeal to newcomers and oldfags

did you use your voucher?