Wait, Bayonetta is a legit Nintendo franchise now? No chance of 2 and 3 coming to other consoles?

Wait, Bayonetta is a legit Nintendo franchise now? No chance of 2 and 3 coming to other consoles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AyKR-myMjZU
youtube.com/watch?v=52Np1sSMz9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you even post this when you knew it already.

What's the point of this thread? Sony false flagging? Let's find out

It's still a Sega IP retard, it's just that Nintendo is publishing 2 and 3.
2 and 3 for an undisclosed amount of time have the rights to Nintendo unless Nintendo says otherwise. There's nothing stopping anyone from using Bayonetta in spinoffs or for guest apperances.

based kamiya

They could port the PC version of Bayo 1 to PS4 if they really wanted to.
Infact I already thought it was confirmed along with Vanquish but apparently that isn't the case.

Thanks for being unhelpful and an overall douche.

Thanks for being helpful. So there's a chance of having Bayo 4 on other consoles then?

Did you just get here from 2012?

>2 and 3 for an undisclosed amount of time have the rights to Nintendo
Its not undisclosed. Its FOREVER.

There was never any chance of 2 coming to other consoles. Those companies would have to remake the game from the ground up for that to happen.

Bayo 4 could be Xbone exclusive if Microsoft chucked money their way.
But it won't because Bayo is a niche franchise that doesn't sell well enough to break even on the exclusivity deal.

Bayonetta is a character in anarchy reigns and they could port Bayo1 to ps4 whenever they want.

Bayo 2 and 3 will never go out of Nintendo consoles. Kamiya was pretty clear the decision is up to Nintendo, and only Nintendo.

If someone else wants to front the bill for Bayo 4, Nintendo couldn't do a damn thing about it.

maybe but probably not until like next generation or something. Bayonetta wouldn't have even gotten sequels if Nintendo didn't fund it. I guess the chances are about as high as us getting a port of Demons Souls or Street Fighter V on other consoles if that makes sense.

>So there's a chance of having Bayo 4 on other consoles then?
In theory, yes, but I think Bayo is going to stay Nintendo-exclusive. For all we know Nintendo and PG/Sega could have a contract that says 'Bayonetta 2 and every potential future Bayonetta-title is going to be made exclusively for Nintendo hardware.'

Depends on how long Nintendo wants to care about Bayonetta.

>2 and 3 for an undisclosed amount of time
Forever. You people are so fucking desperate to play these games that you keep convincing yourself Nintendo is going to give up two games they paid for to other consoles or Steam.

This is something everyone who has ever given a shit about Bayonetta has known for years, and something you could have figured out in two seconds of googling, why would you expect people to coddle you?

didnt this manlet break down into deep depression after microsoft cancelled his next shitty game? can someone tweet him the google map of the suicide forest?

>Kamiya was pretty clear the decision is up to Nintendo, and only Nintendo.
People would ignore this even if the entirety of Platinum made a chart explaining it.

SEGA owns the IP, but they'd have to purchase all the game content for 2 from Nintendo to publish it elsewhere, or hammer out some really extraordinary deal for it to happen.

The chances are the same as Mario and Zelda on the PS4. As Kamiya said.
Don't know why this needs repeating.

kamiya should be beheaded

nintendo didn’t just publish them, they’re using producers and platinum even goes to nintendo for the okay on what they can and can’t put in the games. this isn’t just some publishing deal. this is a japan studio is working with fromsoft type of deal. those games will never be on something else.

I own Bayo 2 and plan on buying 3 when it comes out in 2019. I'm only saying its an undisclosed amount of time becuase no one knows the full details of whatever Nintendo and Sega negotiated . It's more of just a safety measure than making an outright statement.

Where have you been since whenever Bayo 2 was announced?

>Undisclosed amount of time
Nigga that undisclosed amount of time is never ever.

Didn't Kamiya say that before? Why are you making him repeat himself?

>Don't know why this needs repeating.
Because people want to play the games but hate Nintendo as a company because Nintendo raped their father and killed their mother.

God, imagine being this retarded.

Well they might have a right of first refusal for any sequels, in which case they would have to decline to pay for them to make it first.

>Thanks for being helpful. So there's a chance of having Bayo 4 on other consoles then?
Probably not because the only reason Bayonetta games are even being made past 1 is because Nintendo pays for them.

I swear, this is an endless salt mine.

It'd make no sense for that company to do such a thing though. Their audience would have to go from the first game to the fucking fourth. They'd be much better off just working with Platinum to make another exclusive IP of their own (see: what Scalebound should have accomplished).

It's like Sup Forums is really made of underage kids and drones

SEGA owns the IP
Nintendo has rights to exclusivity

Whoever initially publishes your game has a right to anything your ip is involved in as they now own it. You are their bitch

It's a reason why folks like treasure don't have any ips except for ikarugra

Are you also hopeful that Bloodborne will appear on the Switch/Xbone/PC? Because there's as much of a chance of that happening. Just emulate 2 on cemu and wait for a Switch emu for 3 if you can't afford a Switch.

NEVER EVER

Don't get why people want a Bayonetta sequel in particular so much when Platinum could just make a new IP/sub-series like Rising or Automata and it could be on whatever platform then.

>can't afford a switch
Is Sup Forums full of poorfags or what? You don't have $300? The only reason I'm not buying a Switch is out of sheer principle and my disdain for Nintendo's tactics.

Is Nintendo aware that such an abrasive individual is representing them? I'm sure they wouldn't approve of this kind of publicity

>>>/resetera/

>becuase no one knows the full details of whatever Nintendo and Sega negotiated .
You know could probably know? Kamiya. Want to know what he said? You know already/.

Bayo 2 and 3 are nintendo exclusives until the end of times. Bayo 4 could always come to other consoles. Sure. But 2 and 3? No fucking chance

So you are a drone, or a falseflagger.

>xbone exclusives from platinum
>after the scalebound fiasco

lmao

>Nintendo has rights to exclusivity
They own part of the copyright to Bayonetta 2, as it is owned jointly by Sega, Nintendo and Platinum (according to the credits).

They do not own the Bayonetta character or franchise, nor do they have exclusivity to the character or franchise, which is why Sega has brought he first game to PC and also made that free 2D game featuring the series characters. They helped develop 2 so they own part of it, and the same can be assumed for 3. But if Sega wanted to make Bayonetta 4 a multiplat, there's nothing Nintendo could do to stop them

nah, they're fine with it

youtu.be/AyKR-myMjZU

>But if Sega wanted to make Bayonetta 4 a multiplat, there's nothing Nintendo could do to stop them
Unless Nintendo funded/published 4, too. Because you can bet your ass no one else is gonna if no one else jumped for 3.

He's a lot more composed there though, not acting like a belligerent child who needs to have his twitter access revoked. Sounds like I'm talking about Trump, but actually Kamiya

Wonder if some other publisher has the capacity to revive Scalebound. Even though given it's history it's probably a piece of shit not worth saving.

I find it unlikely anyone besides Nintendo would fund it at this point, since you can't just release Bayonetta 3 out of the blue when no one played the second one

>GET LOST
>KIERO
I just realised Kamiya is Jiren
>Bald
>No personality other than grumpy
>Weirdly powerful initially but eventually ends up jobbing and will be irrelevant in the future

>send a man's personal twitter account the same fucking business questions day after day after day
>call him a child when he gets fed up with it

It's called being an adult and ignoring it. He's clearly a child

Sadly, 2 is a "forever" thing since Nintendo actually paid the expenses of the game's development and the Switch porting expenses.
3, I got no clue.

Hey at least this means Bayo will stay in Smash.

Problem is, MS probably retains the rights for Scalebound, so PG can't make anything with the name or the content unless they make to an agreement with MS.

>He's a child
>Being asked questions that should have been answered since Bayo 2
>Is called a baby when he blocks people for spamming it

This guy is a manchild
Is he some sort of westaboo that thinks it's cool to be an asshole because japs are very polite?

>Thanks for being unhelpful and an overall douche.
are you female or undergoing hormone therapy?

>bombs on Xbox and PS
>Goes to Nintendo and is successful
>Why the fuck is it Nintendo exclusive?

Fucking retard.

>sony gets the exclusivite of a game in the franchise(bloodborne).
>NEVER EVER spam for months and years

>nintendo does the same but with bayo
>waaaaahhhhh is not fair! For months and keep going

Why are sony fans full of manchildren?

People seem to forget the reason Kamiya went to Nintendo was because the Xbox division at Microsoft literally told him they didn't want shovelware in their console since the japanese industry was now irrelevant, and Sony believe Bayonetta was worth anybody's time seeing the poor sales and reception of the PS3 version.

Someone post Bayo 2's Twitter reception. I could use a laugh.

The points are:
1. This was after we all knew how he acts on twitter.
2. They still advertised his twitter account at the end too.

SEETHING

He literally owns a entire video game company different from the indie devs with the wrong opinion that you bullied out of the industry resetera bro

There's not even this much salt left over Bloodborne. How the fuck are you people still angry?

That's exactly what he is.
He happens to also be a skilled video game designer though.

>There's nothing stopping anyone from using Bayonetta in spinoffs or for guest apperances.

Naw there is one thing stopping them and that is the lack of asset reuse. Since at least with bayo 2 as part of the deal Nintendo owns all the assets of the game. So hell they could technically put bayo 2 on other consoles but they would have to make everything from scratch.

Then corporations are huge jews about shit so they like to reuse as much shit as possible to save money and time. So if they wanted to use anything from those games they could as long as the completely rebuilt them from scratch.

I am going to assume that nintendo is doing the same with bayo 3 and while they will not own the IP the will own all the assets used to make the game. Since that does seems to work out decently enough to discourage ports of the game to other consoles or pc

I agree, Okami is one of my favorite games, and other games he has worked on i really enjoyed.

>Bayo will stay in Smash

don't get hit nigga.

>Being this mad on the internet
He used to be cool. Nah.

>being completely fucking retarded
Bayo is only broken in Smash because she's got actual combos.
If HAL/Sakurai would stop being fucking retarded and fix the physics/balance in the next game so that everyone can actually combo properly, Bayonetta wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

>that doesn't sell well enough to break even on the exclusivity deal
Last I checked Byo 2 sold almost 850k, that's A LOT comparatively.

>3, I got no clue.
Are you illiterate?

Rumors and common sense say Sakurai isn't involved in Smash 5.

>Thanks for being unhelpful and an overall douche
This isn't reddit, fuck off

>repeating your own retarded argument
>ignoring the fact that he should just ignore it
You're a child too

>Sakurai isn't involved in Smash 5.
>implying
They were going to do Brawl without him and he basically forced his way in.
The dude flip-flops more than Miyazaki when it comes to not working on things.

>common sense say Sakurai isn't involved in Smash 5.
Like he'd let other people touch his baby without guidance.

>what are PG thinking? oh yeah, money

I miss this backlash of people not understanding how the world works.

You play Bayo 1 and Vanquish via PS now.

seeing shit like this makes getting a WiiU worth it

:^)

>Rachel
>wii
Women were a mistake.

Sega co owns the ip with nintendo and platinum games is exclusive developer
youtube.com/watch?v=52Np1sSMz9I

Implying sony or microsoft or google are interested in bayonetta.

If Nintendo's the only one giving them money for new Bayo games, I guess? I was never a huge fan of the series, but I bought Bayo 2 way back to support the Wii U