Subnautica Thread

Where do i find nickel?

Other urls found in this thread:

subnautica.unknownworlds.com/time-capsules
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go deep, my son.

You gotta go to the lost river at the shallowest, usually its in the brine river so you might want to go with the prawn suit.

This is fine. This is completely fine.

>attempting to spoil yourself and others with the opening OP in a purely exploration game

Wow man. Go fuck yourself.

Jellyshroom cave has some.

Lost River

you're fucked

Jellyshrooms, LR, ILZ, ALZ

Build a scanner and thermal plant in the lost river. Either that or put together a prawn suit with drill arm

Am I the only one that's kind of annoyed at the stupid joke they make at the end of an otherwise very satisfying and cinematic ending?

>tfw just missing 1 hull fragment for the cyclops

i think i found the last two either in a mushroom biome or a red grass biome

>saying goodbye to your Cuddlefish before you get on the rocket
>that hug

Probably not, there are a lot of people, but I can't imagine you're in the majority.

I thought it was cute, you sound like you have no sense of humor.

Don't know what it is, leaving is for chumps.

Lost River and a little in lava zone. Bring prawn drill and get big chunks - many are IN the river.

Eh, they made the joke earlier in the game when you find your first diamond and i thought it was funny then. Just seemed out of place with the rest of the ending.
Still loved the ending, minus the joke

Trying to go to third Degasi base, there are these little shits who teleported me away. How do you deal with them?

>go back to my base, radio is blinking, listen to what I suppose is my radio intercepting their communication, about "sharing my location"

Are they coming for me

So this happened earlier, was I supposed to stop that from happening? I am the user from yesterday who was afraid to go over to the kelp forest and then heard loud techno music if anyone remembers. I did go over after all and ran into some stalkers, they were easy enough to dodge though. I am 3 hours in and have only just left the shallows and went to the kelp forest and have built fins, sea glide, knife and repair tool. How am I doing story wise, should I be further ahead for my play time?

I think it's a brick joke.
Practically, it doesn't make sense- they want you to pay off and get your PDA, of course they're going to let you land- but it's in-theme with the whole Alterra Corp thing, and a nice final nod.

The lost river, usually under the acid. You need a prawn suit. Sometimes can be found on walls

Dodge their shit, they'll either teleport away on their own or you can hit them with a knife to speed up the process. They'll be back but you'll have enough peace to move on.

Just dodge them. Use seamoth or prawn w/ grappling arm. If they're really a problem make some vortex torpedoes and launch them

Yea. And you just know they'll all keep hovering around the base, hoping you'll come back. Which you won't. Sad.

There is exactly one hard time limit in the game and it will actually display a counter on your screen. And you can still miss it if you're dumb.

Relax nigga, keep exploring.

how am i supposed to find the lost river and other caves that progress the pot ingame? is there a pda that tells me?

I forgot to bring aerogel like a retard and now need to wait for some gel to grow to actually get power

I've been too worried of taking my cuddlefish out of the containment
I'm worried he'll follow me too far and die

What mods should I put in my Prawn? Right now, I've just got some storage modules.

should i play this game? i am hydrophobic

Explodes after a certain amount of time has past and you can't go inside before it explodes. It had to happen for you to progress. So just enjoy the boom and keep playing my dude

You does not, it only has magnetiteand Shale Outcrop(Gold, Lithium, Diamond)

You're in the Lost River, just go find some.

Whats behind the door?

Grapple arm, drill arm, jump jets, thermal generator

Nuclear reactor.

Reapers

Dooks.

I want to play the game, but, after discovering most of the blueprints, I'm really struggling to care about the survival of this guy.

Not that user, but I built an alien containment in my base and somehow unknowingly hatched almost every single aggressive fauna in it. Without maintaince, I could only image what hellhole I've unleashed upon the Safe Shallows when it all fails.

They only attack you if you're infected, speed run the cure and you're good to go

give me ideas for a base, post yours

>the thousand chromosome stare

It's guesswork from the pda clues section. Once they start listing depths of certain facilities and general direction, it's not hard to guess where to go.

You'll get alot of clues in your PDA, just read through them and start figuring out the rough locations. Then just do what the game let's you do best, explore.

Grapple arm and jump jet upgrade in all instances. Drill if you want to drill.

Storage upgrades are also useful, I actually prefer them over some thermal generator or whatever else. Then again, I'm also mainly moving forward with the cyclops nearby, if I was doing a playthrough without cyclops it'd be surely great. As is, it's basically impossible to run out of power already.

Well it makes sense if you think about it, in the opening scene he got smacked in the face by a metal plate. His face is really swelled up

>find second time capsule
>no items
>just this

If you have two grappling hooks can the prawn lift itself out of the water and into the air?

Being stuck in that one area then having to go all the way around sucks ass

>build rocket
>want to stay anyway and keep playing
>go to Cuddlefish to tell him to follow toward another adventure
>can only say goodbye
>can't follow anymore
>board the rocket

everyone makes a base in the safe area of the lost river, why not make it in the open green area with all the monsters

I started going deeper and got a message that was something like "you're near a biome with fossilized remains". Basically just explore.

>Cartoony mc looks cartoony in a cartoony game
Nice try racebaiter

I'm not making a big base down there because too much work, just a small forward operations base with a scanner room, storage, crafting machines, and a water purifier. Probably batter/cell chargers too.
Pic related is my base right before the trench before I finished the windows and finished planting.

Did you know the blue liquid is harmless? You can go under it and not take damage

Do time capsules actually come from other players??

I have a base there but I'm not home, user. Sorry.

A lone man has needs at the bottom of the abyss too

Is there a limit to the text you can put in the Time capsule?

Might try copy/pasting The Room script with a picture of Tommy Wiseau

At least some do.

this game could have been perfect
what a shame.

I missed it once and you basically don't miss much. Literally like "missing" a firework show because you were on the other side of town and saw them from far away.

Yes, i got one from some 3k sub youtuber who plugged his channel

how the FUCK DO I PLACE LADDERS/MAKE MY BASE VERTICAL

Maybe it's because those monsters will hover around your base just waiting for a tasty morsel to come out and instantly eat you.

Neat. I wonder how the game determines who's capsules you get and how many.

Are you talking about the huge pool in the primary containment facility?
I got out of there with one grappling hook and the improved jump jets

Yes, apart from some that were AFAIK made by the devs.

subnautica.unknownworlds.com/time-capsules

1. Go to strip club
2. ....
3. In your asshole

So i learned about the Kharaa bacterium. Is this a prequel to Natural Selection?

The issues kinda go beyond his face, to be fair.

I like mine better.

I assumed that it was brine and would poison the shit out of you if you went into it, and rust the fuck out of the prawn if it fell in. What is it?

Lmao

You know what would be great? If they allow other player's bases that had finished the game to be used as a completely abandoned base in another player's playthrough. You can explore it for some minor schematics &/or resources and ultimately rig the reactor (or the equivalent of one) to blow up to clear it all away if you need the space.

Hopes and dreams.

sauce

kek are people just trolling and mass downvoting everything?

oh boy

Yea, I must just suck at piloting or maybe forgot about the jump jets.

becuase it's close enough to where I want to go, has plenty of thermal power sources and has plenty of open areas to build properly
the fish aren't even a problem, i haven't been attacked a single time, yet people compare them to bonesharks

There's a teleporter at the rear of that place that leads out. It's behind the one that the emperor opens later in the story.

anyone else feel the cuddlefish is going to play a huge role in a future dlc? i feel like it grows into some leviathan class fucker, possibly the biggest one yet

I always assumed the Cuddle fish was just a baby Sea Emperor. same number of tentacles on the back and shit

Sucks to be him then because he's never leaving the dooktank.

FUCK YOOOUUU

You're talking about the teleporter that goes to [/spoiler]the defense platform[/spoiler] right? I've been going there then all the fucking way back down. Please tell me there's another.

Post yfw you're out gathering the final materials for the rocket and you find one of the baby emperors already out on its own and like twice the size already

STICK A VERTICAL PIPE INSIDE A TUBE IT'LL CLICK LIKE THE REST THEN USE A LADDER INSIDE THE TUBE

No it goes directly to the emperor

Man, fuck the Precursors

glad those assholes are extinct

They're passive

If you'd played Natural Selection you would feel differently

Is it normal that I don't seem to find any prawn arm upgrades? I see everyone talking about them but I haven't found any, I've been all the way to the third degasi base in the story

I know. I was happy when I saw one. Little guys grew up so fast :')

i mean without them their wouldnt be a cure for kharaa

the vertical pipes don't "click" onto multipurpose rooms for me for some reason

Not sure, maybe some people just genuinely hate everything that isn't featuring meem entertainment and/or reddit-like titles. Or time capsules with useful items. IDK.

they don't go on multipurpose rooms, only tubes

The only thing that goes on multipurpose rooms is other multipurpose rooms to stack them

tuberooms, user.

So what is the 'brine' supposed to be anyway?

Because you don't put them on a MP room. You stack those by placing another room on there.