Nintendo Labo turned me off from the Switch

I wanted a Switch until the Labo announcement. Now I'm not sure anymore.

I'm going to wait until I see if Nintendo focuses a lot on it. If they put a lot of effort into cardboard, then I want nothing to do with the Switch.

Until then I'll keep playing my PS4.

I own a PS4 and I got one today. Waiting on BoTW in the mail so I can't do anything on it yet, but from what I've seen it's a cute little console. I'd actually recommend it.

Also I'm pretty sure the cardboard is marketed for kids. I ignore it.

>Also I'm pretty sure the cardboard is marketed for kids. I ignore it.
I realize that, however I don't know how they're going to try and push it. If it becomes a major part of the Switch and it's future games I want nothing to do with it. I'm waiting on that.

Download the tetris and snipper clips demos.

I don't think it will even reach the level of Amiibo. Really, it just seems to be an educational toy for children.

It’s literally just a side venture exploring new capabilities of the switch. It’s not the main focus of the system by a long shot.

Nice falseflag, soy.

It's a STEM project for kids aiming at expanding the audience of the Switch to non-gamers and parent that never buy games to their kids.
It's not a main feature of the Switch or anything like that.
Won't be compatible with any other games.

>I don't want a console because they made a game for it
Or you could just say you don't want it just because

You didn't want it anyway but thanks for sharing your blog.

Nintendo is not trying to remain a game company, it wants to become a lifestyle brand. That's why it's branching out to all these other things. They want to be the Disney of video games, trusted by parents and respected by the press.

If you want "video games and nothing more", the logical answer is Sony, whose larger infrastructure will continue to support their consoles for at least one more generation, and whose audience is 100% self-described "gamers".

Microsoft is sort of struggling with the XBox, they will probably shift their focus entirely to PC over the coming years and buy up a bunch of half-decent studios.

the labo is going to be the best selling video game related item of all time. Screencap.

Read the OP again. I wanted it, but I'm not sure how hard Nintendo is going to be pushing Labo. I don't want to play with cardboard. If they're going to be pushing it super hard, I want nothing to do with it. If they aren't, I'll probably pick a Switch up.

Ok

With 1-2-switch type games it really seems like it.

Nintendo wants to support the Switch for at least six years tho

Gotta say I completely agree with OP.

I originally wanted a PS4, but then they did the PSVR and they have basically made it that if you dont have one then your PS4 doesn't even turn on. Who thought that was a good idea?

So I'm sticking with my stick and rock. At least they wont develop things I have no interest in that I don't have to buy at all.

>The average consolecuck is this fucking stupid

>implying Nintendo selling $70-80 cardboard will prevent you from purchasing all the other games on the system

I refused to buy a Game Boy because of the Game Boy Printer peripheral. Your move.

Will they at least still continue to make video games in some prominent fashion? Disney casts their net as fucking wide as possible, but they still make cartoons their bread and butter overall unless it's anything on Disney Channel yes that pisses me off

I wanted to buy a PS4 for Everybodys Golf, but then they released Horizon Zero Dawn.

If thats what they are doing then I dont want a PS4.

HOW FUCKING DAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY RELEASE A DIFFERENT KIND OF GAME FOR A CONSOLE.

Nintendo produces amiibos that they try to ram up consumer's asses. Instead I go about my life as if amiibos don't exist and just purchase games instead of sucking massive cock and complaining about amiibos.

If a Daisy game was made for the Labo, I would be interested in it.

Kimishima talked about about wanting to branch out and reach all kinds of gamers, and that third parties would satisfy different genres. So that tells me that this wont be another Wii where we mostly just get casual shit.

I mean Labo is coming out between Bayonetta 2 and Dark Souls Remastered.

>he only has a PS4

Of this gen, yes. Last gen I had all 3 systems, and I still play them sometimes. I mainly stick with my PS4 now though, because there have been a decent stream of games for it.

I would lose to taste Daisy's labia

Well duh. Video games will still be the main pillar of Nintendo, that's what they're known for. But they won't focus their efforts exclusively on them anymore. And they will try to reach the widest possible audiences, meaning they will focus on family-friendly, accessible, safe games.

Nice blog.

Hahaha, how's the GPUs and shitty emulators pc fag

I know you’re shitposting, but there’s literally nothing coming out in the next year that interests me. If Nintendo doesn’t impress me at e3, I’m selling.

>decent stream of games
>stream
>PSNOW

You fucking stuck with a PS4 after Sony FORCED EVERYONE TO BUY PSNOW TO PLAY THEIR GAMES?

I had to sell mine to the CEX across the road from Cash Converters, cause not even Cash Converters would buy a PS4 after being forced to buy PSNOW.

This is how OP fucking sounds. One game/accessory shouldn't fucking decide whether you buy the console or not.

One game out of so many doesn't make that the focus.

>And they will try to reach the widest possible audiences, meaning they will focus on family-friendly, accessible, safe games
Uh, just saying, Nintendo has done this for the longest time. In fact, I'd say they're getting LESS family-friendly because of allowing games like Dark Souls and DOOM to be on their platforms

Then just don't buy anything Labo and just normal games? What the fuck is your problem, idiot?
They said themselfs it's mainly for kids. So it won't be pushed too hard at all. Especially since they are also pushing a lot of mature games right now. So your logic absolutely makes no sense.

Not even close to the same thing. Labo isn't out, you don't know how far Nintendo plans to integrate it with the Switch. It could be mandatory for some AAA games down the road, like a future Mario title or something.

BTFO OP!!!!!

On the contrary, letting games like DOOM and Dark Souls be on their platform lets them reach the widest possible audiences. Both of those games have recognizable, critically acclaimed brands.

But they're not first-party Nintendo games. First-party Nintendo games will be very safe affairs, even moreso than before.

I honestly can't think of a worse way to idort than what you are doing. Your opinions on what is good is now trash.

>I’m selling
Good

Oh, too bad. I was really worried what some random person on the internet thought of my taste in video games.

Nice bait but there's probably people who genuinely think this way

I see what OP means, imagine the next big Mario or Zelda game is compatible with Labo. I'm sure they wouldn't do that to their core audience, but it's a pretty legit fear to have with how dumb Nintendo's been lately.

Glad we got to the bottom of this. Nice thread

Sony is not by any stretch a "video games and nothing more" company and certainly isn't any more so than Nintendo. There isn't any basis for their audience being 100% self-described "gamers" either.

Yep, that's exactly why I'm waiting it out. I will not be suckered into another Wii U situation.

You can rest assured because the switch has exceeded wii u sales

I don't think you understand what I said about Sony. They are obviously a larger company, but their games division is largely sealed off from the rest. And it's pretty obvious from Sony's marketing and ads that they are catering to an audience of people that self-describes as "gamer"

Holy shit user this is an extreme analogy. Made OP look like a god damn retard.

I'm not talking about sales. I'm talking about stupid gimmicks.

>Until then I'll keep playing my PS4.
eternally based user.

so? Made me appreciate how much more of lateral thinkers Nintendo so made me love them more, so fuck off back to your ps4

Your decision bruv. Not a fan of the gimmicks either because it feels like they're throwing shit a wall to see what sticks.

But you have to expect gimmicks with Nintendo now, it's been this way since the Wii era

I really hope you sell your switch. Or were we talking about you not buying one? I always get these dime a dozen switch hate threads mixed up.

Imagine being this much of a fanboy.

Im not even a fanboy and I get two

The fucking game was announced on a youtube upload and it's releasing before E3. They clearly don't give a fuck about marketing this game, you dumb fuck.

I decided not to get a PS4 because they have an NFL channel on there and I don't want to be forced to watch football.

>but I'm not sure how hard Nintendo is going to be pushing Labo.
Does it really matter?
It's not going to affect any other projects and games other than Labo itself.

>If it becomes a major part of the Switch and it's future games

It won't. This isn't a major peripheral, this is merely something for kids and arts-and-crafts enthusiasts on the side. I guarantee you with 100% certainty that it won't be a requirement for or even be compatible with mainline Switch games.

Really user.
That's the single most idiotic reason I've ever seen someone not want to purchase something.
That's the equivalent to saying you don't want to purchase the PS4 because you're afraid they'll use the light on the dualshock for something.

It's impossible for you to know this because you don't work at Nintendo.

But you also don't know otherwise.

And yes, I think it was dumb to make this thread, OP. Because of this reason, no one in this thread can persuade you off your decision. You can only wait and see.

K

And you do?
Seriously though you're a fool if you think this is going beyond itself.

I feel the same way. Since they announced the Labo thing, they're calling me daily and threatening my family. Yesterday my dog was inside a cardboard box in the garden with "YOU HAVE TO BUY THE LABO" written in the upper side of the box. I don't know what to do. I'm scared. Please, I don't even want to buy a Switch to begin with, but since the cardboard announcement thing, they are forcing me to.

Wow something you don’t need turned you off from a console. I hate vr I still think it’s a big scam so ofcourse I’m gonna think playstation vr is retarded but that didn’t stop me from getting a ps4 and playing more fun games. Quit complaining.

I've heard they'll cut off the head of a bonsai tree and put in you bed too.

I don't think you have to worry about it being a focal point of Switch. It sounds like a side project to rake in extra cash.

Ever since Labo was announced, I've have been robbed for my cardboard by people in cardboard autobot suits.
I don't want to do anything with the Switch or Nintendo.

Don't buy it user, it's just a port manchine

>not buying a console because of a childrens toy

>more so than before

In what fucking way??

LOL what are you playing?

>not buying a childrens toy because of a childrens toy add on

I never understood the appeal of this thing, it's probably the first nintendo console i wont buy, it's a port manchine

Sony has always marketed their consoles as media machines as well as game devices. PS2 hit big with DVDs, PS3 and PS4 pushed BluRay. The PS4's official website introduces it as "all the greatest games, TV, music and more." When you look at Switch, it's distinct in being a wholly dedicated game device. In light of that, I think it is strange to single out Nintendo as not remaining dedicated to games and Sony as "video games and nothing more."

I'm not sure how you're quantifying "self-described gamers" here, but I'm pretty sure that the big sellers on Playstation like Call of Duty and yearly sports games are hitting a big audience outside of such people. The entertainment features are advertised "for the whole family." I am not seeing how they are selling to only self-described gamers.

Nintendo isn't going to require the damn labo for Mario or Zelda so calm your tits. I got mine today and it's comfy as hell. you and Sup Forums need to stop being such bitter faggots and accept that Nintendo made a good system.

Soy Boy Master Race

But it's a portable port machine

You never wanted a switch. Bad bait

Is Nintendo forcing you to buy Labo with the Switch at Gunpoint?

>If you want "video games and nothing more", the logical answer is Sony

LMFAO. Quite the opposite. What the fuck am I even reading? Sonyfags don't even know that Sony has never been just video games. Why the fuck do you think they keep trying to turn every video game into movies?

Later, homo.

>Labo being the main focus

You are aware you can more then likely play any Labo game without the cardboard right?

I agree that Labo is a step in the wrong direction. All of their Switch marketing has gone a long way to distance themselves from the kiddie image Nintendo has had in the past, and make Nintendo seem relevant among young adults. Labo is basically obliterating the effort they've made there, making it look like it's just for kids

The president of Nintendo has gone on record saying that Nintendo will not be steering their direction into Labo and that they will release software that will be enjoyable to game enthusiasts within the year.

>That's why it's branching out to all these other things.
Like games and more games and games.
Seriously though that's what the entire company is about which is why their whole thing is changing the way you play a game. Ultimately they'll never stray from that.

>If you want "video games and nothing more", the logical answer is Sony,
What?
Sony doesn't even advertise the PS4 to gamers specifically like Nintendo does for their systems.

Most stupid post of 2018

>Until then I'll keep playing my PS4.
You know Op I was just like you when Sony released PSVR. No way im getting a PS4 while Sony is trying to push the VR meme.

>If you want "video games and nothing more", the logical answer is Sony,
Once again I feel like I'm stepping into bizarro world. Every once in a while I meet people like you who seem like they're from a completely different universe.