What are some of the most difficult puzzles in video games?

What are some of the most difficult puzzles in video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbxZargtXug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait a minute,

that card...

youtube.com/watch?v=XbxZargtXug

The lighthouse at the beginning of Bioshock Infinite. I still haven't finished it. I even sent Irrational Games an email asking about it, but didn't get a response.

I'm not ashamed to admit I had to use a walkthrough every time I encountered one of these puzzle doors.

Once you learn that you can rotate the claw to see the solution on its paw, those doors are easy.

The first time I found one of these I actually was stumped for a while, it didn't occur to me to look at the actual key itself.

Anything from Wizardry 4.

Is it me or did these get more difficult to solve as the game went on?

Oh my god, you people are fucking retarded.

fuck you obsidian

To be fair, I don't think a whole lot of people knew you could actually examine items in your inventory.

Is it 21 cause of the dead guy?

Even if this is the case, the fucking "puzzles" are no more than a 3-digit combination, except with even more limited pictograms, you can fucking spin that shit for a few minutes and get the right combination by accident even if you're too stupid to check the key WITH the answer.

>to get from one position to halfway around the circle you'd count 10 sith.
>to get back you'd count another 10.

20 right?

Sh3 first locked door on hard

its not 20?

>Sh3 first locked door on hard
That's because it requires knowledge of Shakespeare, it's fucking bullshit. Normally the puzzles require some form of self-contained logic, but I hate that puzzle for requiring outside knowledge.

In SH2 there's another "puzzle" that requires a 4-digit code that you get from one of the padded patient cells at the hospital, this is right after Pyramid Head pushes you over the fence. The code is written in blood and there's many, many different graphics for that code so looking it up can take as much time as figuring out what the code actually is because, on Hard, there's a pretty good chance that one or maybe even two of the digits are completely distorted to the point of not even looking like the numbers they're supposed to be, leaving you stumped for way too long for bullshit reasons. The game literally forces you to GUESS what the correct digits are supposed to be. It's a perfect example of how to not make a "password" "puzzle" in a game.
Although, for the most part, the puzzles in the first three Silent Hills are pretty clever, but on Hard and Extra difficulty modes, they have the potential of just being plain randomized bullshit.

That one from Sonic Chronicles.

Anything with a piano for me.

spent ages (pun intended) looking for some control levers and only found them on top of a lift that i stepped out of and sent down by accident, the lift only went down a few feet and stopped and there were the controls.

I did force myself through the puzzle because I didn't know I could examine my items