Is anyone else disappointed with FighterZ's story mode?

Is anyone else disappointed with FighterZ's story mode?

I'm about half way through and it's boring me to tears.
The only thing that's keeping me playing is my OCD and 21's thiccness.

>implying DBZ ever had a good story
>even if DBZ did, implying the fans wouldn't just want DBZ Abridged-tier banter between characters, immediately followed by fighting

>he bought a fighting game for story mode
You never buy fighting games for story mode.

This, the amount of request for abridge voices to Bandai was highly requested.

No one cared or wanted an actual story mode.
It's one of those features you have to add or people complain.

If you want to get money for colors and shit then you're gonna be trudging through and it will seem like forever. the story is artificially extended by battle after battle. would be way more goofy entertaining if not for the long slog.

its dull. you fight the same 10 one colour, mute, punching bags over and over. only reason i did it was for 21

The interactions are pretty fun. Any scene with Yamcha is good for a kek.

>They never did a Yamcha/Vegeta scene

bee-line to end, and watch the banter cutscenes on jewtube, otherwise the story is way too monotonous to play through.

>That cutscene where Goku gets called out for being a shit grandpa

>evil thicc 21

MY DICK HAS REACHED LIMIT BREAK

was made for online play. i wouldn't expect much of a story, user. besides, fighting game. no need to have a reason for characters to team up and beat the z shit out of each other

It's really bad. Especially since there's a level up system threatening the diversity of characters you can use.
>You've got four or so fighters who can keep up by the end of Super Warriors
>Don't get them until way later in Enemy Warriors, and you have to juggle more so some fall behind
>Android story sticks you with 18 and 16 for fucking ever
>Enemy warriors aren't available in the Android story mode and 16 does what 16 always does
>Left with barely enough strong characters but occasionally have to whip out some guy who does shit damage and makes matches agains the braindead AI take forever

It's fucking story mode in a fighting game you dumb casual.

Play other shit if you want a good story. Don't come to fighters looking for a great story. Even shit with "deep" stories like BB is just dumb typical anime garbage. Fighting games are character driven, not story driven.

I like watching the characters interact with each other.

Question, does getting a new character lock out undiscovered interactions with the older characters to focus on the new one?

At first I welcomed the fights against easy AI to learn the game. After a while it became a real grind though. At the end I just rushed through everything to unlock 21 and get the full roster.

>does getting a new character lock out undiscovered interactions with the older characters to focus on the new one?
Not that I know of.

Yeah the gameplay aspect of it is pretty lacking, It's kind of fun messing around with character boosts you get, but fighting 100 clones over and over gets tiresome.

I thought the first two acts were pretty interesting as far as dialogue goes, but the third act was complete ass the entire way through, all the cutscenes were basically the same, it felt like it happened 6 times where Android 21 was wanting to feed but 16 stopped her

>what is MKX
>what is Injustice
>what is the new wave of every game having a decent story mode
The story mode is fucking awful in this game. It's extremely cheap, dumbed down, not fun, monotonous, overly long, and you're forced to do it if you want the entire roster.

fighting games having a story through cutscenes. Is there something more useless? You could have a few lines of witty dialog appear over the characters when the fighting happens and that would be better imho.

Boo hoo.

It's an okay 3-4 hour experience stretched out to 9-10
If I wanted to grind garbage mobs endlessly I'd play Black Desert Online

Do you guys fight every clone on each map?
I just go straight to the boss unless there's someone to pick up.
Also fuck the damage modifier later on. I have 3 Victory Zeni up for a reason

All fighting game story modes are like that, by nature of the gameplay they have to be all the same, it's just fight, cutscene, fight, cutscene, fight, cutscene, final boss finale.

There has never been potential for fighting game stories as you're just playing against CPUs with some cutscenes inbetween. Not to mention the replayablility of FG stories is 0, if you've seen it once, you've seen it all. It's a waste of time to put a bunch of resources into a story mode when it will almost certainly be the least played mode out of all of them

I'll look at the fights to see if there's any good modifier rewards, but if not i head straight for that boss, fuck fighting another braindead CPU clone if I don't have to

>still doing story after a week of release
fucking boomer cuck

>He thought the story on Injustice was good
>He thought the story in MKX was good
Wew lad, by those standards you should have like the DBFZ one too since you have such shit taste.
You may wanna try ME: Andromeda or CoD: Infinite Warfare for some real brain teasing cerebral writing.

At least it's not Mvci, which actually advertised their story mode heavily, even releasing a demo for it. And it was shit

Powered through it to play 21, couldn't give too much of a fuck. I just watch the character interactions on youtube.

still no kid buu /ss/

bros, i didn't watch DBZ, i didn't play any of the games. I don't have any "waifus", but this, this girls majin android thing, gets me legit weak in the knees. Goddamit.

ara ara

>you will see yamcha be bullied by every db/dbz/gt character imaginable within your lifetime

>just being attracted to her thiccness
>not her alien appearance and long, prehensile tail
it's like you hate fun

He means playing through it you retard. No one gives a shit about the narrative. Everyone's just going through it to unlock the characters.

Ok, explain why Injustice 2 and MKX has lackluster stories, then.