Tell me how they're going to monumentally fuck this up

Tell me how they're going to monumentally fuck this up.

Probably by having 16 debuff slots, thus sending the sperglord raiders into ballistic shitfits

Including graphical updates

More than 8 is casual and when the game went downhill.

By listening to feedback on the forums.

canceling or taking a year or maybe two to implement it and not implementing the whole content because they will be "out of resources" until much later on.

By doing literally anything.

>Release the game exactly as it was, with all of its shitty balancing, horrendous design decisions and numerous bugs intact
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT BLIZZ HOW U RELEASE SO BAD GAME???

>Try to fix some of the games more glaring flaws to make it more acceptable for the modern day
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT BLIZZ HOW DARE U CHANGE LITERALLY ANYTHING???

I can't wait, no matter what they do there's gonna be a massive shitstorm

by allowing you to realise that the game was good but it was also had a symbiotic relationship between that era's budding internet culture and your own childhood dopamine receptors/general freedom and wonder

if they made it 1:1, to the patch, day for day - it will never be the same, everyone will be a min maxxed meta gamer mage/rogue twitch hero fully vertically integrated guide maxxed no fun elitist, the "content" raids which were great will be ran over virtually immediately after gearing

they could do it perfectly and it will never be the same, you know this, if you've played on private for the last decade you know you can never truly go back, accept the truth

your friends moved on
the community is gone
the era is over
grow up
let go

True. I do hope they fix the balance somewhat though, at least so that some classes aren't simply useless.

>I do hope they fix the balance somewhat though, at least so that some classes aren't simply useless.

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU

You have the absolute fucking audacity to come here and suggest that the 2 classes other than Warrior with a dedicated tanking spec should actually be able to tank anything other than 5 mans?

I bet you think Shaman, Druids, Paladins and Priests should be able to play something other than healer too you sick fuck.

You're fucking dead kid.

reddit

>Paragraphs are reddit

Love this meme

this
the hard pill for vanilla nostalgiafags to swallow is that their desire to return to vanilla stems from a greater desire to return to their own childhood/adolescence, to a time before web 2.0 and social media when you could use games like WoW to meet and interact with people who were like you
the game, as well-designed as it was for the genre at the time, was plagued with a plethora of problems that you overlooked because you were having fun exploring the world and interacting with people around you
that won't be there today. people won't talk to one another. you already know where everything is.

even worse though are people who still play retail and refuse to let go of the game despite how it has managed to only get worse over the years because it no longer has a purpose - social media has replaced its online community. WoW's PvP is terrible compared to just about any fighting game or competitive FPS or moba. there's a plethora of online coop games that are better at PvE.

i imagine these people only still play out of habit, and if they simply stopped and asked themselves, 'am I having fun?' they would uninstall immediately.

>Calling single sentences a paragraph.
R e d d i t

When will I get my girlfriend back!?

I guess the 100k Nostalrius players would disagree.

>Paragraphs have to be more than one sentence

When do you finish grade school?

WoW classic was mechanically shit, what we all miss and want back is the community. That is never coming back. People are going to tell chuck norris jokes in barrens and whine about southshore brigades not because those things are funny or current but because it's one of their memory scraps and they're trying to conjure the good time without understanding any of what went into making it work.

You can't go home again.

it wasn't 100k concurrent and you know it, it was a ton of people curious about what vanilla was like who played for an hour and then never again

when WoW classic comes out a ton of people will play it for the first month, sure, but i'd bet you that a year later there will be only a tiny fraction of that still playing

>People illegally playing free version of the game

Vs

>People paying to play game

By releasing it.

>massive, hilarious shitstorm no matter what Blizzard does
>tfw you're going to play it regardless
Can't wait.

This. There will never again be a game with such a sense of community.

Hey hey

Why just not say u dont like the game no more.

Ley other people enjoy it who still enjoy it?

Its like you are trying to justify you not playing it or something?

I have been in the game since vanilla and i still enjoy raiding with me buddies ofc i am in the minority and alot of people have moved on but so what.

Just my two cents tho i just like video games

t. Sperglord Raider

I don't like the game anymore, and I've tried to. My point is I doubt most people like the game anymore - it is more likely, by my reckoning, that they only continue to play out of habit. They've played for so long they can't imagine not playing, or they have sunk cost fallacy toward it.

That's not true at all. You'll just be whatever its equivalent of a wrathbaby is next time around after spending years decrying it as a normie pasttime. Games generate that sense of community all the time. It will probably be another twenty-thirty years before anything reaches WoW's huge numbers but don't never ever it.

>massive, hilarious shitstorm no matter what Blizzard does

If you're ever bored, go read the MMO-Champion Classic forums. It's but a mere sample of the absolute shitstorm that's gonna erupt whenever Classic gets released

>People want balance passes and changes to make the game more like modern WoW

>People want the game to be like a time capsule of exactly what it was, complete with gamebreaking bugs

by reddit he means you look like a fucking idiot, which you clearly are

I played there and it wasnt the same as 2004

It will be fotm for like 2 months then slowly die, hardcore will stick around till content drought and then the game will finally die

there's three camps, people who want it to be retail except locked at level 60, people who want a perfect replica of the past complete with the shitty, buggy version of the engine from back then, and people who want something like SC remastered with old gameplay but modern enhancements

whatever blizzard does none of these groups will be happy, i'm sure

this
even if they change something minor like using the new character models/animations people are still going to cry about it and say it's a reason not to play this garbage expansion

This also happens every time the current game gets an expansion.

And the best part about everything is, Blizzard wins no matter what.

I almost want it to fail miserably so Blizzard can shut down the servers when they go dead after a year while "You think you do, but you don't" echoes across the land.

To be honest for me atleast its the best mmo out there so i play it when i get the urge. Alot of it ofc because alot of time sunk into it. Alot unobtainable shit on me account.

Oh well unsubbed for now because of MH:W.

>they implement the option to either play with updated or old graphics/models
>contrarian shitpeople on Sup Forums lose a reason to complain and throw shit

It'll only run if you're using a 2005 PC

They wont. It will literally be implemented perfectly. An 'almost' exact 1:1 recreation of vanilla (plus some slight game-breaking bug fixes and maybe a small balance patch).

It will fail however because the community is dogshit now and vanilla was never any good to begin with. The hardcore vanilla fags will try out classic and complain about this and that despite it being the exact same as it was 20 or so years ago or however long ago vanilla was. You can see it already with people bitching about how long it takes to grind through levelling content despite the current levelling being only a fraction as annoying as it used to be. You think it takes 4 hours to do 20 levels now? try four days when vanilla comes out.

The issue with that is though once they change one thing, such as class tuning and/or balance which would mean they would have to alter armour stats, raid balance etc. It's better to release the game as it was back then as that is what people have been wanting since vanilla. It would be a diservice to do otherwise to the consumer base.

I'm still looking forward to giving it a shot. Everyone is always amazingly quick to point out that Nost wasn't PERFECT vanilla and therefor invalid, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and as long as they get close enough to that with actual American servers I'll be happy.

And if worst comes to worst and they fuck it up exactly like Retail by listening to all the retards on their forums, then I guess we're just back to were we are right now aren't we?

>plus some slight game-breaking bug fixes and maybe a small balance patch

>Implying vanillakeks won't use any excuse to blame Blizzard for classic failing so they don't have to admit the game just isn't that good anymore

THE ONLY REASON IT FAILED IS BECAUSE YOU MADE ELEMENTAL SHAMANS GOOD AND FIXED THAT ONE BUG WHERE YOU COULD GET STUCK KNEELING DOWN IN A LOOTING POSITION UNTIL A SERVER RESTART FUCK YOU BLIZZARD I'M GOING BACK TO PRIVATE SEVERS

the people complaining about leveling taking *very slightly longer* than it used to are fucking hilarious
leveling has been nerfed over and over and over, but one tiny step in the other direction that prevents you from leveling 60 times in a day one shotting everything and suddenly it's too grindy

>THAT ONE BUG WHERE YOU COULD GET STUCK KNEELING DOWN IN A LOOTING POSITION UNTIL A SERVER RESTART
That looting bug was pretty funny.

By "listening to the fans".

The fuck is the point of leveling up if everything is level scaled?

>call someone a nigger
>get permabanned

there you go, game ruined

ganking low levels.

Everything is level scaled tho, even low levels

having access to new areas, new and more powerful equipment, new abilities...
basically it's just the same, only real change is old areas don't become outdated easily
I shit a lot on it at first when I played a game with a system like this, but it's not so bad after you get to play it

They may ruin the game even without changing anything.

Imagine people getting banned for "toxic" behaviour such as repeadedly killing low level players of the opposing faction, or by "sabotaging" dungeons by using a non-optimal spec.

>Shitstorm because now the levelling is slow
>The same people will try to change Classic because for whatever reason they have to be listen

Can't wait to see a Classic/Current wow war on their forum

doesn't really matter, dots aren't even good and it was an oversight/engine limitation not a design choice

i don't give a shit about updated graphics because i don't zoom in to my character and play dress up all day

I've been playing on a private server lately, and the game is fun to level in. It's not just nostalgia, the game actually is fun.
One difference may be the way higher populations though. I like that it's way easier to find groups for things, but it's also impossible to remember the people you meet.

The forced barrens chat is one of the most annoying things on the private servers. "lol when does stole silver drop mankrik's wife chuck norris lol we are such barrens chat amirite"

It's more about debuffs, not dots. Certain debuffs like curse of elements could boost mage DPS by a huge amount, and it's hard to keep it going when it gets knocked off by some shitty 40 damage bleed effect from every single rogue with a barman shanker.

Not that I give a shit about the debuff slots one way or the other, just sayin.

It will have everyone telling blizzard what QOL improvements they should port to classic anyway, for reasons.

Not that it matters, it's still a shit MMO. The only reason people enjoyed it, was because it wasn't a race to max level/raids for most.