Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZvnVA99UoU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not Virtua Fighter 5.

>24 character roster in 2018

>each character has few moves

>best fighting game ever made

Where you can autocombo your way to pink with pad. Sage

Those 24 characters are more popular and iconic than every character from every Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken or Guilty Gear game ever made combined.

that would be Garou: Mark of the Wolves

but yea, Fighterz is pretty solid. except for those android 16 and Cell Loops that take forever and do a shitton of damage

It definitely has the lowest skill entry point, so I can see why you would think that.

still the best, easily

>Game uses simplified inputs instead of autistic charge motions or 360 commands
>This triggers the capcbro
Sorry that you have to learn actual strategies instead of autistically grinding arbitrarily difficult special combos in training mode.

That doesn't make it a better game.

The best fighting game for people that hate fighting games.

to be fair, SRK motions and charge moves are a balancing thing.
but yea, this game is more fun for the intermediate fighting game player.

Yes it does. Other fighting games force you to learn arbitrary bullshit just to start playing, but DBZF rewards the more skilled player immediately, not just the one with better muscle memory.

>tfw you finally master the cell loop and add some assist relaunches and a tien neo tribeam dhc for 100% kills with 6 meter and can easily spend less if they are already damaged

strategy=/=skill. And they work holistically with each other. DBFZ will suffer at a high level because all the setups are knowledge rather than reaction based. AKA it's all gimmicks or guessing. The game is also fucked when it comes to hitconfirming (it's brain dead) with leads to a fraudulent meta.

This game's really fun. I'm not gonna pretend it's super deep, but the visuals are absolutely incredible and make the game very appealing.

>If I use a bunch of big words it will make me look smarter than I really am!

Fighters are more than just combos. The more skilled player is rewarded faster and more often in most games by being able to avoid damage and get more hits in.

Hi, do you read at a fucking third grade level?

And that's why DBZF is the best one ever made. You don't need to be able to do some stupid shit on the joystick to play it, you just need to be a smarter player. That's why every fighter that came out before is irrelevant, and every one that comes out after will learn from it. It's the most innovative fightan since SF2.

literally the most fun fighter released in the last decade. There's crazy shit up your ass while somehow still being very accessible and balanced. Arcsys are the gods of fighting games.

That's actually why it's nothing special when you break it down. Eevery fighter goes by this same rule. It's fun as hell, and one of the best looking games right now, but it doesn't change anything up at all. I at least hope this game will pull the wool off of people's eyes and realize combos aren't what's holding them back, but most want to argue about whether xenoverse or this game is better so probably not.

>the last decade
>not of all time
shiggy diggy

It's probably the funnest fighting game ever made, that's for sure.

Well yeah, when half the roster is Gohan Goku and Vegeta reskinned two to three times. It's kind of hard to beat that iconography. Doesn't mean a whole lot though

It's objectively the best at both a casual and competitive level. Nothing comes close.
>Legendary IP
>Easiest to pick up
>Deepest to master
>Top tier soundtrack
>Best visuals ever seen for a fighter
>Will soon be on every platform

>>Deepest to master

lmao this game doesn't have shit on mvc2 let alone t5dr, virtua fighter, or third strike

3rd strike isnt deep, it just rewards reactiontimes and muscle memory.

>punish super dash: the game
>not about reaction times

except the execution for yun and urien alone is infinitely harder than autocombo fighterZ

Maybe if I could actually play with friends online.

>fighting game elitists find out their genre can have simplified inputs
>lose their fucking shit screeching "bad game" to defend all their wasted effort

Not him, but 'holistically' is a bit above third-grade. Can't understand how he wouldn't know what hitconfirming or fraudulent mean, though.

fungame

>Tekken.
>Deeper than anything.
nothing against tekken, but it's greatest aspiration is to memorize frame data and kbd spam.

Simplified inputs don't make a game bad. Fighterz is not a bad game. If we're talking depth, it's probably not going to go that much further past persona.

>he's never landed a combo OR told the truth.

Garou PC release with netcode when. Also why hasn't any sprite based fighting game looked as good as Garou over a decade later?

It's just like Smash. Fightfags treated Smash players like shit for years because "muh not a fightan game" but then DBZF comes out and they have no ammo left so they get triggered. DBZF is just an evolution of the Smash concept, that a game doesn't need autistic inputs to be deep.

Damn, Johnny shits on Urien/Yun, I guess that makes GG an unquestionably.better game.

>needing to know how to punish everyone's moves and the movement system isn't deep

brainlet

Just play on Fightcade you dummy

I know how charge motions are a balancing thing but are SRK inputs really balancing at all?

Not 'unquestionably better', just likely deeper.

>not immediatly triggering sparkling blast when having only 1 char left with that amount of hp
scrubs can't afford to wait, same with how they almost never use assists or tag in to make an extended combo work

Yes, since you're not supposed to be able to do them out of a crouching state. But some games have such loose buffers for them that you can do a shortcut for it.

Using assists or extended combos is almost never worth it. The latter is only if you need to get your active character out of there because raw tagging is just as dangerous as ever.

He's not saying it's bad. It's neutral if not good. FGC dumbasses are just mad because their precious secret club has thousands of new members.

What the fuck are you talking about? Nobody is riding the FighterZ dick harder than the FGC. The shilling from ex-Marvel fags is unbelievable now that MVCI flopped.

>Damn, Johnny shits on Urien/Yun

mist stance cancel treasure hunt is the only remotely hard thing johnny has to do and even then it pales in comparison to yun kara palms or optimal GJ combos like keeper or maeda

maybe if xturd weren't the main goober game anymore and it was still AC+R you would have an argument with INO and zato, but thinking xrd johnny has anything on yun and urien in terms of execution difficulty is just hilarious

I'd rather have 16 unique characters than 100 copy paste one.

Plus, don't bullshit yourself.
People who complain about a low roster count are always the people who pick vanilla characters.

I'm happy there are new players, I don't want fighting games to go the way of pinball.

That said, I really want to be able to play with my friend across the state, and the game refuses to let me do that.

lul

The FGC is in fucking love with this game right now. Stop hanging out on Sup Forums. Most of these people don't even play fighting games.
The only anger I ever see is people coming in from other games with a crazy belligerent attitude about learning and realizing they're going to get fucked up for a bit before they get better.

You can make that claim about any fighting game however, the difference is that's where the party stops for Tekken.

You're talking about 3S. I'm talking about +R numbnuts. Also, kara plams are piss easy, Jesus Christ.

nobody plays +R anymore and you know it

imagine if I called SFV an easy execution game and you'd say "NUH UH T.HAWK IN SUPER TURBO IS SUPER HIGH EXECUTION!", it's not even the same game

it is better to use 1 bar than 3 doing almost no dmg at the end of a combo, espacially worth it if you know /anticipate he's gonna tag out, more juice for the second/third round is just more efficient

>xrd
Everything about 3S urien is invalid because SF5 exists, then.

>Using assists or extended combos is almost never worth it

+R just had a side tournament at Evo Japan you absolute mong

>autocombos that don't scale
>autocombos that are safe on block
>every character (except Hit and Ginyu) can be played the exact same way with the exact same flowchart
>tiny roster
>use an asisst or end blockstrings with a beam to make literally everything safe
>superdash destroys footsies
>no depth past basic tag mechanics
It's a party game at best.

so did vampire hunter, does that mean it's still active? fuck no.

Not in this game. Everything scales like a motherfucker.

People only actually give a fuck about 3S one time a year at best.

Forgot to add
>hardest input in the game is a half circle
>barebones defensive mechanics forcing you to block for upwards of 20secs at a time

im not sure why another suspected anything different. nothing was ever there to imply it was going to have any real depth.

>another
anyone ffs

Not even close to true but I'm sure DBZ fanboys will swear it up and down.

It looked pretty and people here are stupid and hate fighting games.

Nobody plays 3S either m8. I should have clarified because I actually expected this stupid assumption. Also, you're telling the story in complete reverse to save face:
>Johnny shits on 3S.
>You jump to a conclusion and start listing off Xturd shit compared to 3S.
>Who the fuck is talking about Xturd? Why would you default to the piss-easy version of Johnny?
>"imagine if I called SFV an easy execution game and you'd say "NUH UH T.HAWK IN SUPER TURBO IS SUPER HIGH EXECUTION!", it's not even the same game"
I'm not imagining it because that's not what happened.

>upset that there aren't 30 different inputs to memorize

>exaggerating

hence using 1 bar to extend is better than wasting 3

you feel me,...... my guuuuuuy?

People assumed it was going to be a good game because Arcsys even though Arcsys has made multiple DBZ fighters and they were casual trash. Fuck, a lot of the shit in the game is taken straight from Extreme Butoden.

I mean, no matter what the game does if it's a fighting game anyone with good fundamentals will always beat a shitter, that's just how the genre works.

The game is fast paced and has really good combo potential, if you're flowcharting or auto comboing your missing out and you're far less versatile than someone that can play these characters..

>TOOOOUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Shut the fuck up

>It looked pretty
even in that regard, gg looks far better. especially when comparing animations (fighterz animations look janky as fuck).

the only reason i could see anyone buying it was simply because it feature dragonball super characters.

xenoverse isn't a fighting game

I really like the game. It strikes a decent balance between execution and focus on options.
I never would've guessed that being pressured in a corner is fun getting out of.
Though I'm enjoying the privilege of always fighting an equal opponent thanks to my friends

Especially the current weeks are insanely fun as you get better along your peers and find some cool stuff

Asked in another thread, and I'll ask here too:
Any 16 bros here? I'm fucking around with oki after grounded grab. if I do IAD jM too soon, my assists won't recharge. Can I still get a meaty, but get the assists to recharge too?
What's the best way to test meaties?

I continue to improve.

>upset that this stupid "accessibility" shit has gone so far as to give us a """fighting""" game that literally rewards you for mashing and has 0 repercussions if you get blocked.
One of the most satisfying parts of the genre is getting to grips with a combo or move you have trouble doing, and then finally getting it in a real match. Every fucking game is doing this. SFV, Tekken amd SC6 by the looks of it. Pandering to scrubs that don't want to learn or practice anything, by allowing them to play like retards and get good results. DBFZ is the beginning of the end for this genre. They went too far with dumbing down what could have been a great game, and it's only gonna get worse. Wish I had the link to Xian playing this and ranting about how he'd spent years playing fighting games for them to turn into what we have today. Go play a fucking musou if you want mash buttons and pretend you can beat people up.

>even in that regard, gg looks far better.
It's not a question of how it looked compared to GG. It's one of the prettier dragon ball games right now, it's fun on a mashing level, and has a bit beyond that. That's more than enough to rake in the money and frankly I doubt bamco cares about the longevity of this game. Why should they? They got their money, they're going to make a bit more off of it when the DLC comes out. They're set.

No, but it is fun.

>autocombos are safe on block
That's a shit meme. Autocombos are extremely unsafe

Every fighting game is a glorified flowchart

there are far more people that play 3s than +R, in japan, in america, everywhere

Go into practice mode for 2mins and test it out before proving you're an idiot.
youtu.be/ZvnVA99UoU4

and every grand strategy is a map painting simulation before watching it dry

and moba's are for retards while starcraft is for smarter add spergs

what's your point?

They aren't safe r, he's jabbing not using his assists to punish.

This isn't street fighter you fucking retard.

Instead you have 22 copy paste characters in dbfz

you're completely right.
it just annoys me when people buy lazily-made games for shallow reasons when there are better games out there.

>practice mode
Play against actual people you fucking moron.

Every competitive game ever made is a glorified flowchart too, then.

someone sounds extremely upset at all their wasted effort learning complex inputs for nothing

The accessibility in this game creates two camps:

Camp Casual:
>uses Superdash
>raw Supers
>autocombos
>random assists
>no DHC

Camp Advanced:
>manual/optimal combos
>assist extensions
>RPS mindset
>punish game (2H, throw)
>mixups/crossups
>blockstrings
>finding windows to tag

Both camps have fun in their own way and if anyone from Camp Casual feels like he can do better then he can try to step up against the advanced Camp.
But those from Camp Advanced will never meet anyone from Camp Casual aside from the first days or in Casual (duh) matchmaking.

You're telling me an assist is going to come out faster than a light jab?
An assist will just get hit if you call them out while blocking. Or show me a clip of you punishing an autocombo.

And when you play against people who actually figure out good team compositions and setups and combos in training mode and get rent, don't cry about it.

I love GG, but I would never buy Xrd or its updates because the new characters are uniformly horrendous. And for that matter the redesigns of all characters are mostly bad as well.