Shitty parts of awesome games thread?

Shitty parts of awesome games thread?

>that fucking train yard warehouse quest with the explosives
>stealth mission in a RPG
>timed (part of it is)
>overpowered enemies DURING the timed section that you HAVE to kill
>boring in general
>literally everything about this fucking quest

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

>BABY CRYING (LOUD).mp3

That game was great except for the cancerous mission in the sewers. First time I have ever used 'no-clip' to get past a level.

How the fuck do you even beat that warehouse quest in VtMB? I'm playing through it right now and I'm stuck there. As far as I can tell the Sabbat that attacks you after you plant the bomb and leave the warehouse is literally impossible to kill at that point in the game even with the shotgun. And he just tears through you in seconds and there's nothing you can do about it.

Is the quest optional? Can I just skip it? Because right now I literally see no way that it's physically possible to beat that quest and I can't go back to the rest of the city until I beat it. My only alternative is to reload from an earlier autosave.

Those fucking sewers are the bane of my existence. What the fuck were they thinking?

>get fed up
>decide to noclip thinking I'm close to the end
>barely halfway through

I just used Obfuscate and stealthed my way in and out.

Getting in is easy if you use the far left entrance in the small depot with the train inside. There is a ladder that you can use to get into the rafters and get to the office easily. From there you can either stealth back to the start or just bolt and wait for the cutscene to trigger.

>put almost all points into social skills
>have a blast with the game
>easily roll the hardest enemies with no issues
>breeze through the sewers like I'm out for a Sunday stroll
>meanwhile convincing everyone to do whatever the fuck I want
>see Sup Forums constantly bitching
>realized they're all retarded and fucked up before they even started playing

Toreador master race

In this particular game, it's more like awesome parts in a shitty game
Everything past the midway point is the epitome of bad game design

Which sewers?

I don't get the hate over the sewers. I had a Tremere with high melee. Is that OP? I can imagine it being difficult if you roll a Ventrue but without that there are a constant supply of rats to feed on for health.

Most people refer to the Hollywood sewers when they complain about the sewers. The layout can be confusing and there's a lot of combat.

The issue is how uninteresting the level is. Just because the difficulty is inconsequential doesn't excuse poor game design. In fact, it's a criticism for the entire second half of the game. The concept of choice of approach is basically tossed out in favor for huge gauntlets of repeating textures against shitty enemies in one of the worst combat systems in history.

Are you talking about the sewers you have to go into to find Warrens for the first time? I didn't have any real issue with it, but I am playing on the plus patch if that makes any difference in regards to the layout.

Ah nevermind. The patch adds a shortcut.

The plus patch adds a massive shortcut if you use it.

But yeah the big issue with Bloodlines is because Activision rushed Troika to finish the game the last few levels end up being horrible dungeon crawls.

Such a damn shame. Everything but the actual combat is so well done but Activision just had to push it out alongside Half-Life 2.

It's funny how the Source Engine is responsible for three of the most unique action RPGs on PC. VtMB, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy.

Valve forced them to release it after HL2

No Valve would not allow the game to be released before Half-Life 2 because they wanted the first source game to be theirs, the issue was Activision took this to mean, we need to release this game a day after Half-Life 2 is out, and unsurprisingly Half-Life 2 sold far far better than Bloodlines dooming Troika, if the game had a couple more months of development it would have been a far better product and wouldn't have to compete with Half-Life 2 sales.

Does anyone have any more info which describes how badly valve fucked troika up? i remember reading that they only had a few hours to patch the game before it released.

you are wrong. The warehouse is awesome with the different ways.
Also I often see noobs postin they don't like the sewers levels. Sewers are awesome add alot of mystery and tension and have some nice gameplay elements. I am not sure if I am some kind of super smart super intelligent beeing, or if everyone else is just too stupid too deal with that level. It was challenging yes, but it was fun, all the way through and not that hard.
I can see that some parts were a bit of a stretch but by absolute no means too long or bad. It's a perfect intro to the nosferathu who hide deep away.

Anyway, on topic:
Battletoads is such a awesome game, too bad it has some sicko levels...

Valve didn't fuck them up, it was Activision, as stated, Valve sold them the rights to use the source engine but it couldn't be released before Half-Life 2.
Troika was fine with that but Activision rushed the game forward before it was ready because they didn't want to keep funding development, they saw a day after HL2 as being good, not considering the game wouldn't be able to compete with one of the most anticipated games of all time.

any source on that? i remember reading that valve was very insure about the source engine due to a leak and gave troika an outdated engine it was an interesting read.

who are you playing as? every class in the game has at least one ability that makes this fight trivial.

I hated the sewers in that game. It was an okay segment and the monsters were pretty neat, but that one spooky house was more than enough of them. We didn't need to follow that boss fight up with 3 hours of wandering down a copypasted sewer fighting some of the most boring enemies in the game.

>he does not like a part of the game
>must be dumber than me

The sewers were okay but they outstayed their welcome by a significant amount of game time. It was the most 'padded' feeling part of the game.
It's not that they are too hard or too confusing, just went on for FAR too long.

watch a speedrun and the sewers are still a fucking nightmare my guy

I'm sure I remember having a problem with one part of it. Where you have to swim through a thing before a fan pushes you back, or something, and for some reason it was ludicrously difficult for me to do.

I would say there are a few bad places in this game.
The level you mentioned in the OP, also the sewers, AND climbing up to fight LaCroix. Garbage parts of the game, long combat-heavy segments.

>3 hours

is this an exaggeration or not? I've never played the game, but hearing stuff like this and the constant 'half the game is trash' puts me off

he asked WHICH sewers, stupid.

>he doesn't play games that are bad
you sound dumb as shit, too.

having a bad day, hun?

Maybe it's just me but did anyone else really struggle with the Chinese woman boss battle? The one where she transforms into and keeps spawning a fuckton of tentacle monsters things?

She was a massive bullet sponge. I was killing all the extra ones she spawned before they grew but she herself just took fucking forever to kill. I ended up just turning godmode or something on and still spent like half an hour just wacking her because I'd already run out of ammo.

I nearly quit the game after that.

not at all. Just callin you out!

Yeah that one sucked. Biggest damage sponge in the whole game.

>overpowered enemies DURING the timed section that you HAVE to kill
Maybe you should just try running away 'lil bitch

It's hyperbole. If you decide to install the Plus patch, it puts a easily accessible shortcut in.

The combat itself is a bit of a mess but most people don't play it for that. They play it because of the writing and the characters. Each one of them is unique.

I did intend it as an exaggeration, but I don't actually know how long they are, and if that were accurate I wouldn't be shocked.

Realistically its more around an hour or two, but the whole place is so samey and bland that it feel like the longest part of the game.

*whack*

when people are talking about the sewers they're talking about these as THE sewers dumb underaged piece of shit

It was like you replied to the wrong post originally. Just be humble, you messed up.

Yeah,she's the pinnacle of bullshit. It's why I always advise people to pick up the flamethrower from Mercurio or Fat Larry once it's available

There is something really strange about that fight, my first playthrough as a toreador I spunked every scrap of ammo I had including the flamethrower and eventually had to chop her to death somehow.

It just kinda seemed none of my hits were registering at all.

Her tells are also absolute garbage which can lead to a frustrating death when combined with the huge health pool.
Most of her attacks do damage the moment the animation begins, which is incredibly annoying and not in line with other bosses in the same game.

I jumped around with revolver and managed to do it at 4th attempt. How can you ran out of ammo? There's a bunch of chests filled with it, though it's easier to buy everything beforehand

no i didn't, stop trying to save face idiot

>Which sewers?
>/Look up a speedrun, the sewers still cause people problems./
As if he refuted the sewers he was unaware of weren't difficult? Doesn't make sense.

i'll explain it to you again
when people reffer to the sewers and vtmb all of us think of the same place
i appreciate you are a kid who fell in love with the game but don't try to smooch me

oh wait, wrong guy, my guy

smdh...

I questioned the sewers initially because I had been playing the game with the plus patch installed and I hadn't experienced the slog of bullshit like many other people which explains my initial confusion. I had pirated the game several times before but I never got up to that point because of reasons. I only recently bought the game on sale because I wanted a legal copy of it.

There is no need for either of you to turn it into a pissing contest.

i like pissing contests, it's why i browse 4chins

You should be able to just use Blood Buff and kill him with your fists even if you have no points in combat stats.

Unless you're using the plus patch which nerfs Blood Buff in which case you shouldn't be using the plus version for your first time.

will playing as a Toreador with a focus in guns make some of the problems with combat and later levels less apparent?
just looking to maximize my enjoyment

>train
Well there's my answer.
I am following the damm train you fucking moron.

Yeah a Toreador with guns and Celerity is like playing Neo from The Matrix. It's fun. But honestly any clan is fun if built properly and you make extensive use of Disciplines.

i played this game with a fucking touch pad and it was still fucking amazing.

sorry you're just bad user. That quest adds variety and is fun

>fucking casuals playing my VtmB

People are so full of shit man, I loved the entire game from start to finish. If you enjoy games from that era then you will love it. I've beaten this game four times and I'm probably going to be playing it again once I work a bit more in my backlog.