Why are graphics like this still around?

Why are graphics like this still around?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uXQFJC_a-2E?t=8351
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Retro, i can appreciate the aesthetics of something like this every once in awhile.

Play an actual retro game, retard.

Why not?

Already played it.

Because indy developers often have limited resources and depending on the game you can often get away with abstracted pixel art.

Gets the job done. Art done by two people. Programmed by one other.

I dunno why you're bitching about it tbqh.

There's a hentai game i downloaded back in December where its basically a platformer but the enemies rape you. i like the Retro aesthetics and the pixel art but that concept is something that would've never existed back when "Retro" games weren't retro and were the norm (hentai game was called LAB2-UndeR GrounD btw).

Old AAA devs had limited hadrware. New indie devs have limited funds.

because it's what an average indie developer can produce

what the fuck is happening in that pic?

because its low effort and doesn't take a lot of time to make

>hentai game was called LAB2-UndeR GrounD btw
That's all I needed to know. Thanks user.

I have to wonder how much you know about effort.

A better question is why does Celeste trigger so many people like OP?

I'm fine with programmer art, but if your going for pixely look in main viewport, at least make the rest sorta fit instead of using tumblr cartoon portraits

She's clearly resisting arrest.

Same goes to you, here's a game with actual effort put into its visuals.

A lot of people have to vent their anger.

Because people are dumb, user

TARGET TARGET

Didn't you get btfoed in previous thread already? Iconoclasts looks like shit despite all the effort put in.

It takes no effort and people eat it up, why wouldn't it be around?

Looks like 2 people in an elevator being attacked by tentacles. It seems to be zoomed in for that shot so I'm guessing OP used it to make the game looks extra pixel-y.

also because he's falseflagging/shitposting for (You)s

>anger over video games you don't even play

this place is incredible in a way

>Iconoclasts has been in development since 2010, totalling 8 years of development before its 2018 release.

Because this guy's been false-flagging for days now, trying to get Iconoclasts fans to fight with anyone.

Because you can make a fortune marketing it as "retro" and idiots will eat up your lazy ass shit "art" """work""" and praise you for it. Indie games have and always will be trash you can count the decent ones on one hand.

>Rotates sprite breaking the pixel grid
It's shit user.

>Iconoclasts looks like shit despite all the effort put in.
If you're blind and retarded maybe.

Mostly laziness, it's the reason why all web and graphic design is ebin flat minimalist, because people are lazy and depressed and they hate what they're doing

It’s easy to make. Most of these devs have pretty low budgets and a lack of art talent, and it’s easy to make pixel art look good.

It's either this or Unity and this is better by far.

It's zoomed in.

Sprite rotation existed since the SNES, you autist. Literally a non-issue.

This doesn't look good though, it's not even retro as it looks worse than Mario bros on the NES.

>4 bit graphics
>regular high res character pictures and text box

>look at this shit pixel art
>dude she gets an abortion
>SJW
You guys sure love giving this game attention.

But it didn't break the resolution the sprites were drawn in. This shit looks unnatural as fuck when one thing looks out of line with the rest of the game.

Despite its shortcomings, it's not a bad game at all. Dustforce is better in every way though.

she is getting BLACKED

youtu.be/uXQFJC_a-2E?t=8351

It's not sold as retro or pixel art.