This is the best video game

This is the best video game.

Returns is better

close but it's actually this
that's second best

my brethren of african descent

no

What the fuck is with the good taste in this thread?

no

no

this makes me want to play chilled dong, but i'm not buying a wii u for that

>but i'm not buying a wii u for that

Emulate it you dumdum

not with my toaster

>Two shitty games

Get the Switch version

No.

stop pushing it you retard, it's just 8/10.

Nah. The partner system is fucked as are the auto-scrolling sections.

Its coming out for switch in a few months.

In what fucking universe is the game where waggle is a mandatory input superior?

you posted basically the US version of super mario 2... congratulations.
>no real mario
check
>you're some new character
check
>shit mechanics
check
>shitty and wild "i'm so zaney" art style
check
>no platforming
check
>game has a nintendo manchild baby in it just like the player
check

git gud.

Original trilogy is better.
>Better artstyle
>Better music
>Better controls
>Can actually play as the buddy characters outside hard mode/multiplayer

DKC 2 > DKC > DK:TF > DKC 3 > DK: RETURNS

This is the universally agreed upon ranking of the games within the DKC franchise among platformer aficionados.

Yeah, don't forget better physics, level design, pacing, boss fights and enemy design.

I agree. Everyone who says otherwise is a mindless slave of Miyamoto.

>boss fights

In DKC1 they reuse the first two bosses later in the same game, but they're just harder versions of themselves. DKC2 does the same thing with it's first boss. Only Returns did it once, but it had a much more significant shake up, during the second fight.

No

Except TF is much better than DKC. You are literally letting nostalgia make the choices for you.

>Better artysyle
Are you kidding? They're ugly as shit.
>Better music
I didn't like Aquatic Ambiance or Stickerbrush Symphony, so fuck me, I guess.
>Better controls
TF controls way better, though, especially thanks to the analog stick and analog button presses.

>I didn't like Aquatic Ambiance or Stickerbrush Symphony, so fuck me, I guess.
I didn't even realize it was possible to have taste this shit.

Nice argument.

literally all of that is wrong or misguided except the last one

Actually

TF > DKC = DKC2 > Returns > 3

and Megaman and Megaman X's good games fall between Tropical Freeze and the original DKC. Sorry, but it's true.

I also don't like Dire Dire Docks, SMB1 underground theme, or Chrono Cross's soundtrack

>nostalgiafags invading the thread
You have to reach a special level of blindness if you think this crap is better than any boss from TF. The boss battles are the shittiest part of DKC because they're ridiculously simple and easy and some later bosses are just recolors.

What the fuck is there to argue? TF, in design, is far superior to DKC. I can see why people say DKC2 is better than TF because it goes above and beyond to make a pleasant experience. Tropical Freeze has better music, better controls, and way better level design. The game is actually long too, something the original DKC has nothing of.

DKC had better stages.

No it didn't. Yet again you are letting nostalgia completely decide for you. TF in many many stages tackles several ways to move (like through water, on land, through barrels) all in one stage. DKC doesn't do that. It's basically "gimmick of the stage" and that's it.