Name two fun boss fights, they can't both be from the same game

Senator Armstrong. Gael.

>Egg beetle
>perfect chaos

Mr. Freeze

Alatreon

>The End
>Ornstein and Smough

Boss fights suck. They take all the skills and instincts you developed during normal gameplay and throw them out the window, then force you to learn a completely new set of rules that will only be in effect once.

General Tor from Iji.
Also Magma Dragoon in Megaman X4.

Ridley
Artorias

>Tor
>when Asha exists

Daimon
Gehrman

Boss fights rock. They take all the basic skills and instincts you developed during normal game play and and challenge your mastery of them. Sometimes they force you to learn new depths of skills that make your grow as a player.

OP isn't asking for the best boss fights, just ones that are fun.

Quadraxis.
Giygas.

jackie chan

Vergil
Azel

Jeanne
Rundas

Charlie Brooker sounds like a retard.
Jetstream Sam
Nael van Darnus
Best girl's cooking

Tor is repeating the same pattern for 30 minutes.

Duremudira. Lingering Sentiment.

>not prepping all the washing up before you start

Fucking casuals

Ewwww, why have a nasty gamey boss fight when you can have more glorious cinematics?

Monsoon
Reisen Inaba

Ozruk from Cataclysm

Sephiroth from KH1

>Sephiroth from KH1
good choice. KH has some fun boss fights. Really the only boss fights I can think of that feel like shit to run into are in western games. For some reason they can't into bosses outside of MMORPGs.

There are way too many to name two, but I particularly enjoy the ones that prevent the player from playing the way one normally was up until that point. For example, having magic disabled in a game where magic is very useful for both offense and defense and can't be substituted for items. I like having to think of a completely different way of tackling an encounter. Unfortunately, these fights are always undertuned, but I ALWAYS remain intentionally "underleveled" in any game I play.

Bayonetta vs Jeanne (especially on ∞Climax)

And I like Fury in FFXII, just for that entrance. Cute.

Most of the bosses in Bloodborne.

Otogi 2's Nine-tailed Fox is cool.

Yah beat me to it.

Anything from Metal Gear Rising

Yodai Higashizawa from the world ends with you

Dark Souls series

Now politely kill yourself

Vergil II from DMC3
Irwin from Legend of Mana

I’m actually struggling to think of a modern, western game with a good boss fight. I honestly can’t come up with shit. I guess I enjoyed some boss fights in Divinity OS II, but that was only by unloading hell on them

Angelo Credo
Anything from Metal Slug X

I mean stuff like Shovel Knight has boss fights that are fun but I feel like indie stuff is cheating. Same thing with MMORPGs - WoW still has fun boss fights but MMOs still try to actually be video games for the most part.

I liked killing the h*ck out of Whisper for being such a cunt. call me farmboy again and i'll cuck your brother

Yeah, I thought of cuphead too and that seemed like cheating.

What kind of plebeian doesn't like boss fights?

white guilt is awesome

Le Chuck.
Hecubah

Dragon's Dogma - Grigori

/thread

S&O, Ludwig, Monster Hunter in general, Archaon the everchosen

Is that what causes western AAA devs to make shitty boss fights? How do you explain DmC then? That guy was some sort of brown.

Plague Knight
Jaguar Javier

Transformers 2004

How can you miss the point so hard?

Grigori was such a well done boss fight. It made me realize how you actually make bosses that are giant beings into fun fights instead of humping them or it turning into "just hit the legs" fests.
Grigori was a perfect combination of cinematography, action, and set pieces where you actually fight him in different ways that made him incredible.

While i'm not sure its fun in the conventional sense, beating the Prophet of Regret to death with your bare hands while he just sits there in his chair and takes it was fucking hilarious to me as a kid.

Gonarch from original Half-Life.

Icon of Sin from Doom 2.

Hey, props for mentioning Iji.

I understood the point it's just wrong. White guilt has nothing to do with me thinking western devs make dogshit bosses, playing western games does.

>thinks people don't like boss fights
Viktor Marchenko from Mankind Divided is a good modern western boss fight. Turok always had legendary bossfights, Dark Souls has great ones, Shovel Knight had loads of fun ones, Doom, nu-DOOM, Serious Sam, Half-Life, Ganon in Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4 had fun boss fights, Metal Slug, Dragon's Dogma, Helldivers, FTL, Hyper Light Drifter, Ruiner, bunch of other shit that doesn't come to mind right off the bat.

Jergingha from Wonderful 101
Ludwig from Bloodborne

I think farcry 4 did this the best. You can just stand around for 15 minutes and beat the game. I think all games should be like this but make that function mandatory.

>Mr. Freeze

i came here to post this

1 that dude from godhand
2 vergil

Regulus from bomberman 64, wizpig from diddy kong racing

>hearts
what in the fuck, not everything has to be zelda. dropped

Explain

this

retard

Aranea
Literally any fight from God Hand

anything in Otogi actually

>Kojima wanted to have the boss fight vs The End last literal days of gameplay, he wanted the player to realy feel what it is like to fight an expert sniper who is one with the hostle environment that had no loading screens
>but Sony didn't want the game on multiple discs

literally every boss fight in any japanese game

charlie brooker is a fucking hack who's found his niche doing stupid stoner plotlines for teenagers with black mirror

Rude!

Mr Freeze in City.
Khezu in MHFU

Seven Force from Gunstar heroes and any boss from Contra Hard Corps

What is going on here

Spider Mastermind

Slave Knight Gael

>Spider Mastermind
From D44M? The one in 1 is... not very good. The music track is great, though!

>Kamoshida
>Tentacle dude from Skyward Sword

Bed of Chaos
Dragon God

The Bioshock team resents boss fights because they can't fucking make any and yet the lukewarm Atlas fight was still better than Bioshock 2's "do a victory lap around these enemies" and Infinite's "nothing." And of course prepping to fight Big Daddy for the first time in early 1 is great.

People love dramatic encounters and it's not that complicated to tie them to the story.

The fuck, why would someone ever say this? Bosses are often the best part of an RPG.

>Khezu in ANY MH
You wail on it until it decides to send out a shock, then you back up, start attacking when it's done/tries to slowly turn to where you are
Sometimes it screams
Don't act like FU did anything different with it

>Tentacle dude
Out of all the bosses you pick the one where you just shoot the eye?

That giant worm monster you fight with a railgun cannon train in Lost Planet 2.
Ludwig.

I found it fun because if the atmosphere

nuDoom's bosses were alright, especially for a fucking FPS. That genre almost always screws the pooch when it comes to boss fights for some reason.

The boss kills the atmosphere entirely. It's the goofiest fucking disappointment after such a neat dungeon.

minotaur boss in actraiser
cthulu boss in magicka

Does the fight on top of the oil platform/tower in D:OS2 count? Because that encounter was awesome.

My dudes.

>first time going through OoT
>me, brother, mom
>they're doing water temple
>have me fight dark link because they can't
fun fight
>they get to morpha
>die
>die
>die
>give me the controller
>kill it taking quarter heart damage
felt good. OoT sucks though, Blind fight in LttP is my favorite.

I've been told that Charlie Brooker plays video games, but I don't really believe it.

Oh you

Ganondorf/Ganon from OoT
Monsoon from MGR

smithy mario rpg saverok baldur gate

Tor changes his attack patterns to use moves you get hit by more often over the course of the fight.
If you perfect his ass since you already know what's coming then it's boring, but having a dynamic fight is pretty cool when you keep getting slammed by the one move you haven't figured out how to dodge yet.

I was pretty hyped in Persona 2 to battle against Hitler, and also on P3 against Nyx, that last month is great for building anticipation, maybe is just people that can't design good boss fights.

has there ever been someone more wrong?
dont actually answer

You just need to take advantage of The hidden wiki then tor becomes quite exciting.

You need to remember that the West on average sucks at designing boss fights, so a bunch of western devs like to pretend they're just an inherently flawed concept.

It's a pretty absurd statement. I fucking love boss fights, it's one of the best things about Souls co-op that you get to fight bosses again.

Mr freeze from bamham city, ocelot mgs 4

>Giga Skullmageddon
>Soul of Cinder

The thing is, Dragon God was ONE bad boss in a game filled with good bosses. Bed of Chaos is objectively terrible, but there's a lot of DS1 bosses I hate fighting. I mean Gaping Dragon is easy, but it's so fucking boring.

If gym leaders count as bosses, I always looked forward to them and considered them the highlights of pokemon games.

I liked the big bee from Donkey Kong Country

>Mugshot and Panda King
>Gol and Maya
>OoT Ganon
>Bald Bull
>Crikeys Cove Shark
>Virgil and Arkham
>Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
>Scarab battle
>Skrappy "All Grown Up"
>Ancient Dragons of Destruction
>Anub'Rekhan and Yog'Sarron
>Orphan of Kos

This. If anything the transition from gyms to totems in SM, while it was a nice change of pace, just took away something integral to the series.

USUM brought back gyms.

He's playing doubles advocate to allow the other side some points. He doesn't really believe his stance

How is Evan literally always wrong? Is he paid to be the Devil's Advocate in these arguments?