Is Fire Emblem a good series?

Is Fire Emblem a good series?

No

No not really, it's a low tier SRPG that people only pretend was better than it really was because of the newer games bringing people that actually have fun.

Play Shining Force or Xcom for a better strategy game.

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

Just like Persona, it's just turning into waifubait with little substance. It hurts.

lol the Shining Force is SRPGs are garbage. The series got better when it moved away from that genre.

Fire Emblem 3-5 are very solid, 6-8 are worthwhile. The series really goes to shit with Awakening onwards, as it loses all challenge and aesthetically turns into the most generic current-year anime you can think of.

I enjoy some of the games, and that's all that matters to me.

I only like 7,8,9 and Echoes

Why does Water trigger brainlets so hard?

Way too reminiscent of another water.

Too dumb to understand her complex motives

>The series really goes to shit with Awakening onwards, as it loses all challenge
Conquest is easily the most challenging game in the series though.

Who knows.

Yes.

What the fuck? I didn't it spoiler, the fuck Hiro?

I love the art for 7, 8, 9, and Echoes. they scratch this weird "fantasy but not totally implausible" itch that I have and they're very pretty imo

I've never understood whether "foaming mouth" or "our God is an awesome God" is supposed to be the higher rating.

How can one person be so wrong.

Echoes is trash and fe7 is nothing special

Because she's not a basic ass lord with "see the evil looking bad guy. Kill the evil looking bad guy." Story arc.

How can one person's opinion be this trash?

how many FEs have you played? 2?

>Merciless+ FE11
>HHM FE7
>774 overall

lol

How is my opinion trash?

Not the same guy but echoes probably had the absolute worst gameplay and map design in ages & the stroy was at best retarded. And somehow you think it's one of the best ones?! Lmao

I guess I should rephrase that. Conquest is one of the most challenging games in the series, not necessarily THE hardest.
I do think it has the most balanced difficulty, however.

The story was one of the better ones tho. And besides, I don't think it's one of the bests. I think it's an 8/10.

>The story was one of the better ones
That still doesn't mean much as it's still mediocre.

>HHM
>Thracia
>hard
(lol
The only FEs harder than CQ Lunatic are NM Reverse Lunatic and Awakening's Lunatic+, though both are more bullshit than a fair challenge.

Who the fuck plays FE for the story?

No one, so trying to use the story as a plus point really holds no weight.

Trying to take away points from it for its bad story holds no weight either then.

FE4 has a genuinely well-told story.

Name a single worse mechanic than same-turn reinforcements.

Not him but
>FE7 better than 6
>liking Sacred Shit
>RD above PoR
>liking SD but not NM
>liking Awakening
>liking Echoes

I was only taking away the points that were wrongfully given to it for the subpar story, only because it stood upon a mountain of even shittier FE stories.

I think it could be done as long as theres a marker stating that units are going to burst out in X amount of turns

it's a pretty good series overall IMO, even if it doesn't have as much going on as other SRPG series it has a pretty unique combination of gameplay elements that makes it stand out simply because of how few SRPGs there are out there these days

and while Awakening/Echoes/SS may be a bit of a snoozefest it's still more engaging than most JRPGs to me

even Fates is enjoyable as a wacky shitshow with 1/3 of the content being good

FE7 is better than 6. 6 has no units that are really standout. Fuck, I have trouble remembering 6's cast, where I can tell you almost all of 7's off the top of my head.
Sacred Stones was my first. I have nostalgia bias for it
>RD above PoR
Are you stupid? Our God is an Awesome God is better than foaming at the mouth
>Liked SD but not NM
Yeah, Kris absolutely ruined Book 2. He breaks the game.
>Liked Awakening
Was a good fanservice game, besides, it's one of my least favorites
>Liking Echoes
Because Echoes was good.

FE4 has a good story that has a shitty execution. The romance between Sigurd and Deirdre is probably among the worst in the whole series, and other pairings might as well not exist. You have to clear the game 15 times to get every opening cutscene and get the full story. The writing itself is just as terrible as always, even though what it's trying to tell is interesting.

What, does the opening change on subsequent playthroughs?

Yep. If you beat the game 15 times you get the true opening. I love FE4, it's my favorite in the series, but I couldn't make myself replay it 15 times.

Name 3 good points for each FE game you've played.

Came to post this, only reason I ever played is for mommy Camilla and because my weeb friend wouldn't shut his dick lips about it

Do everyone a favor and stop playing.

>Tfw love FE
>Don't want a Switch
What do? There's literally nothing on the Switch I want.

There's a 50% chance it'll be gaidenshit anyway, so just wait and see what it's like.

They specifically called it a new FE for switch so I doubt that

Its a fairly enjoyable SRPG series bogged down by paper thin characters and frequently laughable plots

Stop disrespecting me.

No. I've played the entire series and in hindsight only liked PoR and SoV. I love JRPG, maybe SRPG just aren't my thing.

SEETHING

Also, 14 is way harder than 8 and 7

is the Warriors DLC worth it?
Kinda tempted to get it just for a spear user that isnt on a fucking horse but I'm always kinda wary of passes/DLC

>Xcom

>Oh, you missed that 99% shot you needed?
>topkek start le heck over :^)

No

>sales equal quality
Stopped reading there

Don't act like FE is any better with low% crits and shit.

Aqua is really fun
Cant comment on the others

It doesn't eat your entire save file like it does it XCOM. You might as well play a roguelike at that point

Not an argument

Everyone shut up and rate my not-waifu waifu

>sales=quality
by that logic fucking wii sports is the greatest game of all time

Bad picture

>silver lance
meh

>HURR IT'S POPLAR SO IT SUXX0RZ

Stay mad

What if FE16 is shit?

>default weapon
>no C skill
>>>>>>Pivot
>>>>>>>>>>>>HP+4
2/10, either a new player or not dedicated enough.

>What if FE16 is shit?
I hope it is, this fanbase is so fucking intolerable that they deserve it, and I have fun watching salt.

We riot? Im so scared because while conquest was great, the other 2 were shit.

I feel like IS needs to pander to the shitters that cant play a strict campaign with limited gold and exp and it fears me greatly.

>WAAH OPTIONS ARE BAD

just don't use it, you elitist hipster

I feel like the only reason Echoes gets praise is because it's not Fates. We all know how much people like to hate on Fates.

Huge, empty maps and one item inventory isn't fun.

My willpower is shit and it feels like games that allow you to that are balanced for that.

I don't care if the gameplay isn't as good as Conquest as long as it's not outright Gaidenshit with grinding, and the other aspects of the game are well balanced. No matter how nice some of the maps were, everything else about CQ just made the experience enjoyable.

I don’t have a unit with brave lance, big eater, slaying lance

I’m getting that C skill when I get it

It's not fun, but it's different. I felt burnt out of FE when I played Echoes and it was nice since it was presented more like a traditional JRPG.

*unenjoyable of course

>:| for FE6 and FE12
>that 7 reaction
Honestly, just never speak to me.

The only reason I still play the mobage is for the salt.

The salt from this combined with all of the gloating about Camilla beating Lyn in the voting gauntlet a while back inspired me to make this.

Pair Up was a mistake. You can't refute this.

I agree

No it isn't

You cannot refute this

Watch this faggot.
Pair Up was absolutely a mistake.

No.

How do you like me now?

Sure. In Awakening

*laughs*

Your laughs have no power here, for this isn't a Heroes thread.

Gunnthra won't bless me.

Perfect taste

>not having :| face for SD

Honestly Roy's late as fuck promotion alone kills FE6 compared to most other games

Fates still has the issue of pairing up being needed most of the time to not die to enemies in attack stance. The huge hit boost they get makes dodgetanks unfeasible, especially when considering how little WTA matters for most of the game. The series just works better without pair up. Conquest suffers a bit less from this than ryoma emblem, because conquest maps privilege having more units to act in some cases and has lower enemy density so getting fucked by attack stance is less of a concern, but it's still something the game would be better witthout, or at least heavily restricting.

I think it'd be cool if attack stance was either a skill or a perk some weapons got that way you can still use it for creative player phase strategies or tricky enemy placements without it getting obnoxious like it does in a majority of Fates' late game maps