Has a game ever made you so angry you just quit and never touched it again?

Has a game ever made you so angry you just quit and never touched it again?
Try to stay away from political reasons if you can

Other urls found in this thread:

makeagif.com/gif/hulk-and-black-widow-2gFO07
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Every fighting game I've ever played.

Risk of Rain
Pure bullshit

Fallout New Vegas.

The game barely fucking functions. I bought it twice and dropped it twice.

I dropped Subnautica because the dev is part of the soyim masses who support fun control.

Refunded that shit as soon as Sup Forums told me about it.

The one thing I didnt like about Risk of Rain was backtracking just to kill the last enemy of the level. Felt like too much of a trudge just to continue to the next area.

this guy

A couple weeks ago I had beat Persona 5 and I was playing NG+ trying to get all the trophies and into the End of October I realized I missed a text from Mishima, locking me out of 2 trophies. Haven't played it since.

>This guy triggered people in a first-person game

That's how I've quit a few games. But most recently...

I quit Far Cry 4 because I kept dying to the wing suit (on PC it's deployed with Shift while in the air, which I am holding down at all times to sprint, so if you sprint across a small bump you'll go into wingsuit mode and then immediately die from touching the ground while in wingsuit mode, resulting in deaths from falls that wouldn't even hurt IRL) and when I finally lost more than an hour of progress from walking over a one meter high boulder, I alt F4'd and never went back. It is incredibly stupid that the wingsuit deploys if you're holding shift, when it should only activate when shift is released and then pressed, but honestly I wouldn't make it use the sprint button one way or another. Sprint button should never have context actions because it's too muscle memory.

I quit Warhammer Total War 2 because I can't beat the Wood Elf doomstacks as Tomb Kings. They're too hard of a counter, and the Wood Elves have taken over so much land that they just spam top tier amber units like crazy, far more than I can match with the TK unit limit abilities. However, I'll probably start up a new campaign soon so this one is only temporary. The game was basically over anyways, I just didn't want to watch the WE stacks slowly take my cities while I can do nothing to stop it.

THE CREATURE FROM 56,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE GENEPOOL

I dropped WoW after Mythic Star Augur took our guild something like 300 tries, I would have had a stroke if I'd have continued. Fucking mongoloids using addons for the star signs when the colour of the signs is around your feet.

Dark Souls

Dios mío...

I quit dominions 5 because the AI is piss easy to beat and other people are impossible to beat.

Paladins. It's the reason why I revile fpsmoba genre or other "shooters with abilities that pretend to be competitive" shit.

>set up a perfect kill chain with a bounce>damage mid air>throw off the map
>certain characters can get out of it by pressing a button and there's nothing you can do about it

The moment it happened to me was when I said to myself "No, that's enough, I am not playing this shitty game, where it's impossible to punish mistakes of someone who absolutely must have died for them, because whenever his cooldown is up, he can afford to do whatever the fuck he wants and get out scot free".

spore
it crashed randomly and i lost all my progress
didnt want to do 5 hours of flying around selling spacesand again

This thread is comfy, let's not dwelve any further into that
Usually no but I do ragequit from time to time, I hate it when the opponent acts all smug and it's a fucking MOBA game that I am playing and considering their nature they can gloat all they want because they snowballed and I can't do shit about it

>300 tries

I dropped a cata private server after playing one specific heroic every day for weeks to get a trinket that never fucking dropped and no one would let me in raids because I wasnt ilvl 357 in the first fucking raid tier

Post the whole gif

CoD after CoD WaW and BO1 on PC. Fuck consoles. God damn... i just want to be there again and the just deny it was even there.

Most "roguelikes". Few of these things ever get the "you lost because it's your fault" mechanics right.

What, this?

hearthstone after losing badly in rng too much

W-well, despite his questionable genetics, maybe he could still be a reasonabl-
>that hair
Nevermind, this is little more than a vile animal

Xcom 2. I've been thinking about coming back to it but the stupid fucking Avatar Project shit just frustrates me. Also those flying torso guys, fuck them.

WOTC is really good.

Resident Evil Code Veronica. I keep trying to play it’s the only RE game I haven’t finished but it’s just so bad. 6 I had someone to laugh at the dumb stuff with but this isn’t fun dumb it’s just dumb.

You dont need to hold shift you just press it once and you sprint you ultra retard. Holy shit what a retard.

Might check that out and give Xcom 2 another go. Another thing I remember frustrating me are the spontaneous long waits between turns. Like the computer is trying to figure out what the fuck it just did.

>toggle shift
>toggle anything

unironically WoW because leveling was so slow and hitting 1 was boring as shit.

>leveling was so slow

Oh damn this is the exact opposite of what I expected, a lot of people say legion leveling is too fast to be enjoyable

I know, but holding it is still something I do out of habit. No matter how you spin it, holding the sprint button while running over 1 foot high drop offs should not result in immediate death.

GET THE LONG WAR MOD, it adds a ton of content, basically makes each class tree into it's own separate class, new weapon tiers, more enemies, etc etc.

best part is no fucking avatar project and variable squad sizes. They create a new mechanic called "infiltration" where you raise the probability of reinforcements showing up if you send a fuck ton of people. It REALLY makes the stealth classes shine because you can send a couple of ninjas to rescue someone from a prison, or you could do a full frontal assault on the building with a 12 man squad

just savescum the game really does cheat

They revamped and scaled old world leveling so it takes more time now and mobs aren't as easy to mow as grass. Legion content is easy but that's because of all the ways you can get exp.

Does your post have any sense in your retarded head? Because it doesnt.

I've been trying to go back and finally beat xcom 2 wotc in legend. It's fun as fuck but every time i get my shit pushed in and i rage quit for another 2 months after losing yet another full campaign, the aliens grow in power too fast for me... i'm afraid i'm too much of a brainlet for it.

yeah literally every irl friend i tried getting into wow told me the same thing
its weird how divided people were on this game you either loved it or hated it

I played an earlier version of WoW. I don't know which expac, but it was way before Pandas

>spontaneous long waits between turns
WOTC fixes a lot of shit including this. Make sure you enable zip mode in options and maybe install one of those mods that completely remove unnecessary pauses.

Dude game is not some breath taking intense action piece that requires muscle memory because you dont have time to think about what the fuck are you doing.

I prefere games where I can progress at my own pace which is generally super fast. I'm one of those guys who picks up a fighting game character and figures out an optimal combo in a day in not faster.

Total War: Attila
What pissed me off was the sheer mediocrity of it. I expected them to at least address the problems in R2, but no.

New Vegas. I tried so hard to make myself enjoy it after seeing it hyped up on Sup Forums for years, but I couldn't.

*smacks lips*

...La Creatura...

this very game when disc priests were basicly god and i kept getting btfo by the server usual outside org during duels and it completely destroyed my pride and ego so i quit.

>Has a game ever made you so angry you just quit
yes
>and never touched it again?
no because I'm not a manchild

>Disc priests were basically god

I liked cataclysm Battlegrounds as well

I'm genuinely annoyed at how shit Bloodborne is while everyone hypes it to no end. I'd rather replay literally any other entry in the series

I don't mind the uggo face, but I swear it takes me out of the game every time when I look down and see the silhouette of that stupid fucking hair in his shadow.

I had to quit Super Monday Night Combat because the game had the most violent snowballing effect I've ever seen in a game, and fighting against that snowballing was driving me fucking mad.

I remember being on that Mortar Mountain map and having the big chaingun guy refuse to fight for the mortar spawns (which won you the game 95% of the time). So I'm trying to solo these two dudes near it as an early game Combat Girl and I get my shit slapped.

The game ends and we lose, the fucking gunner guy calls me bad for dying despite him having 0 kills and 0 deaths because he just straight refused to put up any sort of fight. Shit like that drove me goddamn insane.

I quit Diablo 3 when they did the real money auction house

Have you tried community made fixes like the unofficial remover and anti-shutter?

So you didn't quit, just never started.

>El Atrocidad

he said the whole .gif

Bioshock 1, I was stuck in the first area for 2 hours and by the time I figured out where to go I lost all interest in playing it. I've never played it since desu

fallout 1 was free on steam awhile ago
i didnt understand the game at all there was a rat somewhere that dodged all my attacks and i couldnt go anywhere else so i just stopped playing

they were also bullshit in wod

Valkyria Chronicles, on the chapter with the Ratte-tier enemy tank in the desert. It was at this point where it became evident that it wasn't a strategy game as I had expected, but a puzzle game with liberal amounts of fan service. Uninstalled, haven't touched ever since.

You should unironically kill yourself.

el maledito

nah

I quit Counter-strike after realizing that I simply don't have the skills to get good, and getting insulted for that isn't worth it.

CoH2, RNG.

Dead Rising 2

Its fucking loading time killed my attention after five minutes of playing it

I would punch the former me in the face

Dark Souls. Not having an intuitive lock-on system or omni-directional rolling is fucking terrible. Also the hitboxes were just bad in general so I dropped that steaming pile and never looked back.

Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd.
The first one you already know why I still mad as hell and I won't even try arcade edition.

For Xrd I didn't like the changes they make to characters I liked and I dislike every single new character and new mechanics added.

Yes. I finally dropped the game again on PC when I exited a vault and Archimedes fired on me and killed my ass. And then the rest of me.

Darkest Dungeon. You grind for x-numbers of hours to get a good team going, everything is going well, you clear out dungeons with ease, and then... final encounter level (number level). The difficulty becomes retarded. Then even if you grind through that, you have to grind up a MINIMUM of THREE separate teams to go through the final dungeon. It was so abysmally grindy that I quit in disgust.

The new Xcom-games. Both have the same issue, the normal difficulty level is absurdly easy, it basically plays itself, but the hard-difficulty is punishingly brutal. If you are like me and don't like to save-scum in these kinds of games it becomes an experience that hinges on the RNG, especially in the first one. I rage-quitted both games after I had spent x-amount of hours for the x-th campaign and realized that this one failed mission would cost me the game in the long run, and I would have to restart the campaign.

Planetside 2

Because devs ruined it by updates, p2w shit and silently allowing cheaters(who paid for p2w)
Fuck them

Dont have that gif

Play roguelikes, not roguelites

anyone have the sauce onthe video
makeagif.com/gif/hulk-and-black-widow-2gFO07
n-no not the avengers ,':^)

Usually I just download a trainer for it

There are so many things I hate about Xcom2 even though I really enjoy tactical squad-games in general.

>Why the fuck is it designed so that if you shoot an enemy the turn ends and you can't get into cover? And I mean REAL cover, not a "this place makes it harder to hit you"-BS
>Why does the RNG feel so incredibly fucky? I've played a ton of these kinds of games but this RNG feels incredibly off, like it is designed to frustrate
>Why do they never explain anything about what the enemies can do, so that when a new enemy uses an ability for the first time he will do some incredibly OP shit that you have no way to counter ?
>Why is it designed in such a way that if you lose a mission you've pretty much lost the campaign already because it's impossible/very hard (depending on if you play 1 or 2) to bounce back?

I wouldn't say "angry" but probably Dragon's Dogma, yeah, i know it's a bad idea to take vidya advice from Sup Forums but i thought i'd give it a shot and i was dumbfounded on just how bad that game was.

Story makes no sense, character creation is awful unless you're some loli degenerate, it probably has the least interesting and most boring looking world and universe i've ever encountered, combat was trash. It had no impact and just felt like chinese knock off of Monster Hunter and Dark Souls.

Doesn't really happen nowadays since I do more research before I buy, but I suppose the best example would be Destiny.

I genuinely enjoyed that game. I was disappointed by the story and the lackluster world but the basic gameplay was fun, the multiplayer could be gripping and the community was A+. Those positives made me overlook the flaws until The Taken King.

Generally, I really liked The Taken King. The new area was cool, the story was a lot better than what we got and the raid was one of the better ones that I had seen in gaming. However, the flaws of the game were starting to grind on me. This was now the fourth time in a year that I had to grind for the best gear and it was clear that I was just on a hamster wheel, with Bungie dangling a carrot on a stick.

What broke the camel's back was the release of the Sleeper Simulant. This thing had been teased and built up to high hell. You had to do a bit of legwork before the release event to gain access iirc, and on the actual event you had to do a fairly difficult string of mission. It was nothing I hadn't done before, but no big deal, it was all for a new weapon, right? Wrong. Turns out that the release event was in two parts and you had to wait several days for the next part. It was at that moment that I saw how badly Bungie was stretching out the game's meager content, and how accepting I had been of all that shit up until that point. I told my best mate (who ended up playing for a month longer) that I was leaving and that was that. Never played it again.

People think unfair RNG=Challenge.

The tactical combat is a borderline insignificant part of that game, it's more about base management and what you upgrade when and if you get that right it's hard to fuck up unless you get fucked. All the player can really do is get good at the base management and then use some common sense and hope for the best in battle.

you remind me of my housemate, it was a struggle just to watch him play because he had so much trouble with the lock-on for some reason. not that you should be using it all the time anyway

The chat is why I stopped playing LoL. Getting flamed for the millionth time by the resident 0/15/0:er for losing, among other infuriating things, got me so mad that I couldn't keep enjoying the game. Why these games don't completely remove the chat eludes me. Just remove the fucking chat and make the only communication be map-pings and standard phrases ("go bot" and the like).

The Surge. Got really tired of slogging through two hit kill with random hyper armor hammer enemies on the 2nd map, then the third was more of the same with them hiding underneath every nook and cranny. Uninstalled it once I had to go down a staircase and I had to deal with 3 hammer guy ambushes before I could go down two floors, all while the camera had trouble dealing with the tight space.

The game wasn't good anyway. Two real enemy types and five easy bosses.

yep all pokemon games.
‘Someone’ in my family started a new game, on the Pokemon Omega blue cart I owed that had a complete Pokedex, and a shit load of shinys. Once i realised i’d lost all my utterly irreplaceable mythical pokemon, i just threw in the towel. Havent played any pokemon game since, probably neber will again.

Haha yeah any time the main protagonist isn't a white person I get really really angry and yell at my PC while trying my hardest not to cry, sometimes my mom has to come into my room (even though she isn't allowed to because it's my room and I don't want her going through my shit god she's such a fucking bitch and then she has to stroke my hair because my I've been yelling so much that I forgot to breathe and if I don't breathe I get all light headed and I feel all weird and stuff and before you ask no I'm not underage I was born in 2000 god I just hate non white people so much they don't offer anything at all to society video games are played mostly by white people so why do the stupid sjws keep forcing us to have black protagonists it's so stupid fucking sjws ruin everything I wish we still lived in the 50's when degeneracy was treated the proper way IE NOT TOLERATED AT FUCKING ALL hopefully Trump will help recreate the America that we all know and love and will bring back jobs like clean coal jobs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pokemon is literally a babygame though so that "someone" did you a favour.

Just '/mute all' or alternatively play HOTS which is way more chill.

I don't know what to say other than you're completely wrong on all accounts. Gran Soren wasn't the most interesting setting, but the most boring you've ever encountered? Time to start playing some video games.

So this is how baddies justify their tactical mistakes and ignorance.. huh.
Interesting.

i loved this game but quit because my base flooded due to a bug, and i could never get it drained. Spent 40 minutes looking for tweaks or fixes but got nothing.

*bends taco*
*eats dog*
*posts on tumblr*
*runs with the bulls*
*stones faggot*
*builds pyramid*
*enjoys some tea and crumpets*

la aberración...

this is true, im aware they arent great games, I just played these games as a kid, playing them now-a-days was just relaxing, like watching a sit-com, turn your brain off, chill.

test

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
Throughout the whole game I thought coins are only good for distracting enemies so I used all of it. So when I got to the part where you could buy that cool looking gun and shit with it I ragequit and uninstalled the game. Although I will definietly pick it up in the future since it's a great game and I recently found out that enemies are invulnerably during certain animations and that's why I wated shitload of bullets on enemies.

So tell me, does Capcom pay well these days?

That pissed me off as well. I go to the forums to check if anyone else feels that the RNG is odd, the only responses are "THAT'S XCOM BABY". I go there to check if the game is supposed to become unwinnable if you get one squadwipe, again "THAT'S XCOM BABY".

NO IT FUCKING ISN'T. I've been playing these games since I was a kid, the original Xcom, TftD and Apocalypse are amongst my favorite games, and NONE of them were this fucking frustrating. In the first everything felt fair, if you got a squadwipe you knew why, it was never hinging on not getting RNG-fucked. Not even TftD and Apoc felt this frustrating and unfair even though they are at least as hard as the new Xcoms, they beat you fair and square rather than the enemy teleporting behind you and going "Nothing personell kid" and then RNG-critting you which snowballs the team into a squadwipe since you CAN'T FUCKING TAKE COVER PROPERLY. Fuck these new games tick me off.

THIS